• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

zone_nord #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40406 battles

i just can't understand tier 10 meta

cannot play it, i absolutely suck at t10 and i can't understand why

i m loving tier9 at the moment, having great games, everything seems fine and "balanced"

as soon as i enter t10 i get triggered instantly... like all the crazy crapis happening

trying really hard to get better

can t understand where this huge difference (t9-t10) is coming from

anybody else experiencing this?

any tips?

cheers

t10 bob

Strappster #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You're probably putting pressure on yourself to perform because you're always top tier in tier 10. That leads to rash decisions and early exits, I do it all the time when I come out of my comfort zone (tiers 5-7) and play higher tiers. You're going into battle with the mindset that you have to perform.

It's not like when you're in a lower tier and your contribution might not be as significant to the result of a +2 tier battle so you relax and it turns out that you have a cracking battle because you're not always thinking that by this stage of the battle you should have 2k more damage and 3 more kills.

All I can suggest is to relax and enjoy it for what it is. You're not going to get experience to play tier 10 battles in lower tiers and looking at your stats, this isn't a l2p issue anyway.

You've seen enough tier 10 battles when you're playing your tier 9s, you could try thinking that you're still in a tier 9 tank and approaching each battle as you would in the tier 9 version of whatever tier 10 you're playing, there aren't many tier 10s that differ significantly from the tier 9 after all. Although when I do that, I screw it up because I'm comfortable lower down and that gameplay simply doesn't translate to higher tiers in the same way.

Good luck!

MarcoStrapone #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35119 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View Postzone_nord, on 30 January 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

i m loving tier9 at the moment, having great games, everything seems fine and "balanced"

as soon as i enter t10 i get triggered instantly... like all the crazy crapis happening

any tips?

cheers

t10 bob

and still you dont have type 5.

zone_nord #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40406 battles
type5 stronk tenk?

Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34409 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

It's just a problem of expectation.

You surf the magic world of the interwebz, read forums, watch streams/videos and you constat ear the pro-wet-dreams that tier 10 is this sort of magic world where all dreams come true, everyone is a great player, friends will be friends when you're in need of love they give you care and attention and all the strongs play there.

Then you suddenly wake up and it's ike any other tier, a mess. But with a couple of plus,: annoyng and expensive as hell.

There are no tips, just don't play it.

thestaggy #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

I'm getting better at tier 10, but still not comfortable. For me the biggest ''issue'' is the damage and DPM flying around at tier 10. It is simply idiotic. Think tiers 2 and 3 on steroids. Those games don't last long either because of the 8 Pz ICs clipping everything.

A lot of the tier 10 tanks have the same guns found in tier 9, which shouldn't be a problem, BUT it is. Why? Well, the DPM is ratcheted up. The Centurion AX for example reloads around 2 seconds faster than the preceding 7/1 and they use the same gun. That is 390 alpha flying down range 2 seconds faster. An Obj 140 is spitting out 320 alpha in under 6 seconds. Mediums haven't seen that reload since tier 6/7 but now the damage is doubled. Tier 9s are in my opinion balanced tier 10s. Tier 10s have taken too much cocaine and steroids.

Then you get your autoloaders on 20-something second reloads. My T57 Heavy can spray 3200 damage in less than a minute and yes, I have had games where I have successfully emptied two clips doing damage with every shot in spite of the bad gun handling. Tanks just disappear when you do that.

Then come the TDs, shaving off 50% of your health in one shot. If you are really lucky you get hit by an FV for 1770 damage (rip my Obj 140). 

The damage and DPM is just insane. One false move and you are in the garage within seconds or so badly maimed that you really can't do anything aside from playing passive. You have to completely rethink your approach. 

Edited by thestaggy, 30 January 2018 - 09:26 AM.

Call_me_BamBam #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15871 battles
  • [GINI] GINI

View Postzone_nord, on 30 January 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

any tips?

cheers

t10 bob

same craphere .

Like  T9 , hate T10

_EXODUZ_ #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34931 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I enjoy Tier 9 much more as well. I guess Tier 10 has a lot more unbalanced tanks, mistakes are more costly, a high chance of triple arty and more irritation from window licking team mates.

Now then, in case you wanna improve you need to post your replays, cause your Tier 10 stats are so-so. Like you should have 4k DPG in 5A & Sup. Conq, for example. It's really hard to guess what you're doing wrong.

ramram70 #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8361 battles

View PostStrappster, on 30 January 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

You're probably putting pressure on yourself to perform because you're always top tier in tier 10. That leads to rash decisions and early exits, I do it all the time when I come out of my comfort zone (tiers 5-7) and play higher tiers. You're going into battle with the mindset that you have to perform.

It's not like when you're in a lower tier and your contribution might not be as significant to the result of a +2 tier battle so you relax and it turns out that you have a cracking battle because you're not always thinking that by this stage of the battle you should have 2k more damage and 3 more kills.

All I can suggest is to relax and enjoy it for what it is. You're not going to get experience to play tier 10 battles in lower tiers and looking at your stats, this isn't a l2p issue anyway.

You've seen enough tier 10 battles when you're playing your tier 9s, you could try thinking that you're still in a tier 9 tank and approaching each battle as you would in the tier 9 version of whatever tier 10 you're playing, there aren't many tier 10s that differ significantly from the tier 9 after all. Although when I do that, I screw it up because I'm comfortable lower down and that gameplay simply doesn't translate to higher tiers in the same way.

Good luck!

There's a seed of truth here.

I only have one T9 tank (T-10) and everytime I'm about to click battle button I feel nervous and uncomfortable because of high expectations I put to my self. That leads to that I HAVE TO make dmg, I HAVE TO contribute. Quite often I look at the remaining tanks and/or remaining time and realize I haven't done sh.i.t yet =>rushing into a brawl or locations I never should go=>another below avg dmg game.

Carantanien #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16815 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Like this? :D

Dr_ownape #11 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 42476 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Same with me too. I excel far more in tier 9 tanks than their tier 10 counterparts. I do think about my recent Maus acquisition represents my lack of skill. I can easily achieve a 3.5k DPM session on any tier 9 tank (except the 430 2, which im just trying to get through as quickly as possible) but can't sustain that at tier 10. I do think it is a L2P issue I have, perhaps age, but it is frustrating and slightly embarrassing as I sit in such exalted company (still don't know how).

Simeon85 #12 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Tier 10 is currently horrible IMO, was playing a few games over the weekend cos I thought whilst doing the bonds mission I'd earn some bonds over the day as well.

But I'm going back to tier 9, it's more fun and balanced

Issue IMO is all tier 10 games that just multiply all the balance issues. If you have 3 or 5 tier 10s in a game, which is the max you can have with lower tiers, then the chances of getting say a Type 5 or 183 etc. is much lower and 9/10 at worst you'll have one of these abominations. 

But tier 10, means lots of all tier 10 games, that means you can have a game with 2-3 Type 5s, 2 Strv 103bs, two 183s,a few 907s thrown in and then the rest of the team immovable hull down tanks. All that on small constricted maps with limited spots, is just horrible and the game are super passive at times because everyone is camping in hull down spots, or there 4-5 tier 10 TDs camping in base so no one wants to move.

Too many broken tanks on tier 10 right now, and all tier 10 MM just means you get multiple broken tanks in one game. 

adameitas #13 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62625 battles

i see several issues here.

t10 is top tier in game. You can find best tanks here (most hp, best pen, alpha and so on) and that triggers ppl to play them. All that leads to fact that in t-10 you get most one tier games. And since in most cases every t10 can pen any t10 every mistake hurts more here then in other tiers. Also apart very few there are no stock t10 tanks. All that makes t10 game play unique and more harder.

Also atm almost all players have prem tanks, at least at t6 so to run t10 even for bad players isnt that hard as it was before. 

I think there shouldnt be one tier t10 games in randoms. Simply maps are too small. Such one tier t10 battles i see only on GB maps. but again GB also needs many reworks bc of all that 10 tds per side and no arty free games bs. 

t10 best days were at 2012 when you really felt that you drive something special.. now you more often feel like you are not playing t10 but just visiting zoo...

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20080 battles

Tier 10 has been going down the drain even more since WG decide to add min maxed tanks like Type 5, Super Conq and Badger.

It's like playing tier 7 games where every game has 3-6 T29s per side. That wouldn't be fun either.

Darky1029 #15 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13220 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I hate playing t10.
Honestly, everything above t8 seems too strong for the maps, everyone has the max viewrange and can blast across the whole map. Its alot different from normal gameplay for me.

Edited by Darky1029, 30 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

KillingJoker #16 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33023 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I like tier 10 only, the gameplay quality is way better than tier 8 and bellow, more skilled and experient players...

actaully, i dont like to play the 3-5-7mm as tier X, because normaly the tier 8s and 9s are most of the time bad or under average players who basicly throw the game by diying for free or comitting noobish mistakes... something that doesnt happen in tier X games only so often...

obviously tier X games only also have the problem of gold spamming, some try harders are absolutely anoying... 

but its expected as the gameplay is more demanding and some people use gold to try to be more competittive despite the abuse of gold usage is in my opinion a sign of incompetence when absolutely not necessary (IE when not shoting a super heavy per example) 

other thing i noticed, since is started playing higher tiers way more often after my 15k games, lower tiers started to be easier... everytime time i pick one of my favourite tier V or tier VI's, even tier VII's, its way more easy to play, since i feel my knoledge about the game is now way better than 10k games ago... 

dimethylcadmium #17 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5870 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Of course you love Tier 9, they are Tier 10 tanks with less armor and HP, and they get to fight Tier 7 and 8 all the time.

Ziurawka #18 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21196 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

When I got my first tier VII tank and drove out in a tier IX game I remember thinking "this can't be right, aren't the maps scaling to the speed and the view range of those machines?".

No they aren't. 

Also tier X is filled with all sorts of bobs cause the game is old.

The real question is why should one bother playing tier X in the first place? 

Edited by Ziurawka, 30 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

zone_nord #19 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40406 battles

thanks for your answers

i guess i ll stick to t9 for now

314WTNK #20 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30086 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
t10 is crap cause of the stupid tX only battles