What's next for World Of Tanks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

kriscurran99 #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23157 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

Reading all the posts of all the future developments such as two new tech trees (polish and Italian) and the HD maps which I'm so looking forward to. But what comes after that, well I had some ideas 

1. Add environmental maps, such as on snow maps it actually snows and it falls down on the ground and tanks and depending on how hard it snows it could get deeper and harder to drive, on rain and storm maps it actually rains and the ground gets more slippery and the best one would be night time maps where it would be pitch black and all the tanks just use their light as every tank has lights on it. 

2. More gamemodes - I've seen on QB YTube that there was a game mode where it was like America vs Germany, fix this and make it work, add in a LAN option where players can play offline without internet on their won servers, add PvsE for higher tiers. Add some fun game modes available all year round. Add tank races

3. Add rewards for achieving marks of excellence, the more marks the better the reward. 

4. Add more maps into the general map rotation, such as ghost town never seen in random battles and bring back old maps and rework them .

I love world of tanks so much and thanks for everything you do, I hope you'll consider my proposals. 

PS

Night time maps is what I want the most 

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17743 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postkriscurran99, on 30 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

Reading all the posts of all the future developments such as two new tech trees (polish and Italian) and the HD maps which I'm so looking forward to. But what comes after that, well I had some ideas 

1. Add environmental maps, such as on snow maps it actually snows and it falls down on the ground and tanks and depending on how hard it snows it could get deeper and harder to drive, on rain and storm maps it actually rains and the ground gets more slippery and the best one would be night time maps where it would be pitch black and all the tanks just use their light as every tank has lights on it. 

Personally, I cant see the fun in that. How would you work the spotting function? If all you saw was a pair of headlights how are you going to identify A) is it enemy, B) what type of tank is it? Going to be a lot of random shooting, which means a lot of complaining on the forum.

2. More gamemodes - I've seen on QB YTube that there was a game mode where it was like America vs Germany, fix this and make it work, add in a LAN option where players can play offline without internet on their won servers, add PvsE for higher tiers. Add some fun game modes available all year round. Add tank races

I can see what you mean, but as all the important calculations in the game are done server side, how many players would have PC's powerfull enough and good enough ISP connections to run a server? Or do you mean a couple of people sharing a home network or office network and playing together? If so, how are you going to get 2 teams of 15? Bots? The appeal of this game is being able to play against other players from all over the place.

3. Add rewards for achieving marks of excellence, the more marks the better the reward. 

Why? Isnt the kudos of having these marks enough?

4. Add more maps into the general map rotation, such as ghost town never seen in random battles and bring back old maps and rework them .

Agreed. We do need more varied maps in the rotation, ideally bigger maps. Hopefully the new engine will bring that about.

I love world of tanks so much and thanks for everything you do, I hope you'll consider my proposals. 

So do I, and so do many other players. BUT, the forum is not the place to put forward suggestions to WG. There is a sub-forum for feedback and suggestions. I doubt that anyone one in the Devs teams would read the general forum to gather ideas. 

PS

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 30 January 2018 - 01:58 PM.

thiextar #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15369 battles
None of this has any importance on the gameplay except for reworking older maps.

Edited by thiextar, 30 January 2018 - 02:23 PM.

Bucifel #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28891 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

dream on...only one thing is coming in future for sure :

MORE P2W !

:facepalm:

VsUK #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Hopefully the EU will pull their thumbs out & finally get around to making it illegal to class a game, free to play when you A, get pop ups in game to encourage you to buy whatever. B, Introduce content you realistically can't sustain without spending & C, manipulation of how the game is played to deter players from playing for free. Same to be said about loot box's.

I think WG know hard times are a foot. They're buying property in Cyprus as fast as they can to offset the tax they pay. They own significant share's in the Cyprus main bank, no doubt to aid in the tax avoidance. They've moved their HQ to Nicosia & the top dog Kislyi is on first name basis with Cypriot minister of finance. No doubt to sweeten things for WG. When the UK finally leaves the EU, they won't be able to avoid paying tax on every sale for assets or services where the purchaser resides in the UK. The EU are also looking into similar changes since the storm caused by the top multi national companies avoiding paying their taxes by abusing loop holes. 

So either things will get more expensive people in the UK/EU or WG take a hit on profits by paying the proper amount of tax. Which is more likely to happen?

Balc0ra #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So would snow and night time affect view range or not. Or would it just be a visual thing? And will night battles reduce camo even more when firing? As you light up the area. Console don't have view range reduction or camo drop. Nor do they have lights. There weather and night is just cosmetic, and adds nothing to gameplay. But the area around the unspotted targets lights up when he fires based on caliber. As they do on day maps to. As unspotted fire have tracers. So there night time works, as you can return hidden fire more easily by going for tracers alone.

Nation vs nation vs removed, as some nations dominated some tiers more then others. And everyone would just play the most OP tank on each tier. And you can't really balance one nation to fight another nation either specifically.

And LAN is not here for a good reason. Tho it's something we all want. It's because damage calculations and map hitboxes would have to be on the client, and it would show how the map hitboxes etc works. It's info they don't want the players to have. As it could be used for exploits for online play if you know about a massive gap in the hitbox on a map that WG has yet to fix etc. PVE is due to server strain sadly. Tho as for races. Console has it, but it's a PVE mode for timed laps. But even so, it would be something most would like. But a small % would use at any time.

As in what rewards? Keep in mind that some tanks are easier to 3 mark then others. As it can take most tier 5's 3-4 bad games to get from 85 to 95%. While others go up 0.1% for a massive game like the SU-85i etc.

Ghost town is on console. And it don't really work to well for randoms. IMO they should remove the map rotation all together, and have it randomly picked each time to see how that works. As adding more to the pool will still make some appear more then others depending on what tier you play etc. As I doubt I would see less Stalingrad once it first appears. As once you get it, it usually comes every other game if you play the same tank.

Aim_Away_From_Face #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31278 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 January 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

So would snow and night time affect view range or not. Or would it just be a visual thing? And will night battles reduce camo even more when firing? As you light up the area. Console don't have view range reduction or camo drop. Nor do they have lights. There weather and night is just cosmetic, and adds nothing to gameplay. But the area around the unspotted targets lights up when he fires based on caliber. As they do on day maps to. As unspotted fire have tracers. So there night time works, as you can return hidden fire more easily by going for tracers alone.

Night time with lights wouldn't work in my  opinion but snow and rain could easily. Just a flat -20% to all view ranges in snow and -10% in rain. Job done.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18199 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 30 January 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Night time with lights wouldn't work in my  opinion

You can reduce the spotting range to proximity in all the sides but a 20°arc in the front of the hull (hull lights) and turret (so rotating the turret would allow you to spot on different direction) where it is the standard VR. That would be intresting in my opinion.

Cannes76 #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63598 battles
  • [3V] 3V
All I want is better and bigger map for hightier play. Alot of the current mappool travesties are way too cramped.

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22499 battles

Yea, let's hinder lightly armored tanks that rely on speed to survive even more, also night maps don't know how they could work like that.

Different game modes might make the game more versatile, I don't really care about PvE, it's a PvP game.

Not really, you get the marks, that's the reward.

A lot of maps could become more friendly to all classes, and new maps are always welcome. Although from some of the removed maps I'd say "to hell with them", I'd really never want to see Hidden Village in the rotation again, at least corridor maps have more that two corridors to go, not the whole map being a single corridor.

PS

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51003 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

So either things will get more expensive people in the UK/EU or WG take a hit on profits by paying the proper amount of tax. Which is more likely to happen?

The big four ;

Deloitte

PwC

EY

KPMG

will charge more fees, nation states will see no more taxes. WG undoubtedly pays a "proper" amount of tax. Their expensive auditors will see to that. Whether "proper" and the amount the state would "prefer" are indistinguishable are a matter of conjecture.

To answer your question I deem it extraordinarily unlikely that WG will take a hit on profits by paying more tax than their advisers suggest.

Most nation states have no ability to beat mutlinationals and their lawyers when it comes to taxation. Small nations alone have zero chance of taxing multinationals successfully. The EU as 27 or 28 stands a slim chance of regulating multinationals so as to gain a larger tax take, but even then they must fight tooth and nail to hang onto the coat tails of the multinationals advisers.

The last year it is possible to see is 2012, and WG had as their tax advisers Deloitte. In the 2017 tax year Deloitte had world wide revenues of $38.8 BILLION. In the tax year 2016 Cyprus had gdp of $19.8 Billion. The Cypriot government took 38.8% of GDP as tax. Government debt is $19.87 Billion (107% of gdp). Cyprus could not as a nation afford to argue with Deloitte.

In comparison the UK has a gdp of $2.6 TRILLION and debt of $1.6 Trillion (85.3% of gdp), so the UK is not quite the financial basket case that Cyprus is. However, the UK government gets $965 Billion in tax each year and spends $1.04 Billion. So even with "austerity" and government cuts, the UK still spends more than it earns, and has done since 2007. If other countries (especially China) stopped leading the UK money tomorrow, the UK would go bust. Spending by the UK government needs to drop below the tax take so that debt can be paid off.

One Billion is 1,000 million, and one Trillion is 1,000 billion (in UK nomenclature)

Edited by arthurwellsley, 30 January 2018 - 10:21 PM.

slitth #12 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11926 battles

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hopefully the EU will pull their thumbs out & finally get around to making it illegal to class a game, free to play when you A, get pop ups in game to encourage you to buy whatever. B, Introduce content you realistically can't sustain without spending & C, manipulation of how the game is played to deter players from playing for free. Same to be said about loot box's.

I think WG know hard times are a foot. They're buying property in Cyprus as fast as they can to offset the tax they pay. They own significant share's in the Cyprus main bank, no doubt to aid in the tax avoidance. They've moved their HQ to Nicosia & the top dog Kislyi is on first name basis with Cypriot minister of finance. No doubt to sweeten things for WG. When the UK finally leaves the EU, they won't be able to avoid paying tax on every sale for assets or services where the purchaser resides in the UK. The EU are also looking into similar changes since the storm caused by the top multi national companies avoiding paying their taxes by abusing loop holes. 

*sarcasm* You need a new aim-bot */sarcasm*, your post is way of target.

On topic.

I would expect to see more maps.

Maybe some turret-less TD with the new half-auto-load guns. (If they make it past testing)

Edit: New ban-wave so we finally can be rid of unwanted cheaters and provocateurs

Edited by slitth, 31 January 2018 - 07:13 AM.

LCpl_Jones #13 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9276 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What's next for World Of Tanks

the end, everybody knows that :P

VsUK #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View Postslitth, on 30 January 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

You need a new aim-bot, your post is way of target.

Sounds like your trying to encourage aimbot use!

fnaves_POR #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60499 battles

Next on WOT:

new maps

new lines

improved mm

fix gold shells

heaven

people saying game is dying is crazy, just recently we had 200k in EU servers... maybe bots who knows ;) still going strong

slitth #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11926 battles

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Sounds like your trying to encourage aimbot use!

I have added *sarcasm* */sarcasm* to my post so you are better able to understand.

On topic.

I also expect that we will see more of the useful mods being added to the game. Limiting the need to run with mods

Gardar7 #17 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

I can agree with 2 and 4. Maps are what we need the most and maybe some new game modes.

For the new tech trees, I'm hoping for the Hungarian tech tree, I think they had very interesting designs.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #18 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23798 battles
Probably some new and amazing tier VIII premiums.

ZlatanArKung #19 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I would prefer a better balanced game with less tanks being balanced around premium ammo and with no frontal weakspots.

Synopsis0 #20 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37432 battles
Point 1,2,3 - dont like it at all , maybe 4 but i am not sure......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users