Jump to content


? for Moderaters


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

DA_ZOHAN #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

The Su-122-54.

I know it is getting removed.

Is the credit value being refunded to the silver balance?  Or should it be sold prior to the patch?



AliceUnchained #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,793
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Why exactly would you direct this at the forum moderators?

 

Anyway, see if this helps answer your question: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/922-ussr-tree-revision/


Edited by AliceUnchained, 30 January 2018 - 02:00 PM.


DA_ZOHAN #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 January 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Why exactly would you direct this at the forum moderators?

 

​Whomever.

 

According to the website, if you have the Object263 T10 in your garage, you get the new t10 AND the 263 T9.  If you have only the Su-122-54 then it gets replaced with the 263 with corresponding modules unlocked.

But there is no mention of what happens if you have both the Object263 AND the Su-122-54.  So this ? to a WG employee.



DA_ZOHAN #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

Do you get the sale value? Do you get the purchase value?

Should it just be sold?  



Browarszky #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15986 battles
  • 3,526
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
I would assume if you sell it, you lose on that deal.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,459
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

I assume, if you have both the current Obj and the SU in your garage, because you would be eligible for  2 Obj263 at T9, only 1 would arrive and you would get the equivalent value in gold, which is how WG usually address these issues. 

Maybe you should raise a ticket with support asking this question. 



Dr_ownape #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41875 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
sell the tier 9 it doesn't matter. As long as you have the tier 10 in your garage you will GET BOTH

DA_ZOHAN #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 30 January 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I assume, if you have both the current Obj and the SU in your garage, because you would be eligible for  2 Obj263 at T9, only 1 would arrive and you would get the equivalent value in gold, which is how WG usually address these issues. 

Maybe you should raise a ticket with support asking this question. 

 

I think you are confused between gold and silver.  

If it was a premium tank, and you bought 2 in the premium shop, then you get gold for the 2nd.  Like if you buy 2 Cromwell B's (for the crew yuk yuk)

This is a tech tree tank destroyer.

I re-read the page, and it does not refer to what happens to the SU-122-54 if you have both the Obje263 AND the Su-122-54.



DA_ZOHAN #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PosteXterm, on 30 January 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

You haven't seen my answer? So maybe image will be easier

 

Yes.

And read the same excerpt over the Obj263.  No reference to the SU.

 

Something tells me you get the full silver value, which is nearly double the sale value.  Gambling time?



DA_ZOHAN #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostDr_ownape, on 30 January 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

sell the tier 9 it doesn't matter. As long as you have the tier 10 in your garage you will GET BOTH

 

​Yeah bro, I know about that.

But as I said, in the relevant page on the main website, they talk about what happens if you have the Tier 10, which is getting both the 10 and the 9.

And what happens if you only have the T9.

But, again, no mention to what happens to the T9 if you have both the t9 and 10.  Difference of 1.5-1.8 million silver in sale price and full price value.  That is a good 20-25 games in silver grinding outside SH with moneyboost.  (considering the cwap MM that prem tanks get)


Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 30 January 2018 - 02:28 PM.


Dr_ownape #11 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41875 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 30 January 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

​Yeah bro, I know about that.

But as I said, in the relevant page on the main website, they talk about what happens if you have the Tier 10, which is getting both the 10 and the 9.

And what happens if you only have the T9.

But, again, no mention to what happens to the T9 if you have both the t9 and 10.  Difference of 1.5-1.8 million silver in sale price and full price value.  That is a good 20-25 games in silver grinding outside SH with moneyboost.  (considering the cwap MM that prem tanks get)

 

 

ok I get you now sorry


 

Support would know but I suspect it will disappear with no form of monetary compensation



AliceUnchained #12 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,793
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 30 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes.

And read the same excerpt over the Obj263.  No reference to the SU.

 

Something tells me you get the full silver value, which is nearly double the sale value.  Gambling time?

 

There's nothing to gamble really; if you sell it now, you will have to buy the 'new' Tier IX Obj. 263 after the patch. If you keep it, you will have it replaced with the Obj. 263 after the patch.



Dr_ownape #13 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41875 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

 

There's nothing to gamble really; if you sell it now, you will have to buy the 'new' Tier IX Obj. 263 after the patch. If you keep it, you will have it replaced with the Obj. 263 after the patch.

 


 

 

I've re-read your post and it kinda doesn't make sense. he won't have to buy anything post patch as owning the current 263 gifts both the new tier 10 and the 263 as a tier 9.


 

edit 3: OK it does make sense but is wrong.


Edited by Dr_ownape, 30 January 2018 - 02:41 PM.


Gremlin182 #14 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46667 battles
  • 7,930
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

What they said about the SU263 has changed a few times originally it was SU-263 moving down to tier 9 and a new tier 10.

I remember that from all the complaints.

now it reads

The Object 263 and Object 268 Variant 4 showed excellent results in the tests. The vehicles perfectly blocked the damage and performed as assault TDs—fast, armored with an average damage per shot and not very big DPM for TDs. However, you spoke out against moving the Object 263 to Tier IX and we couldn’t ignore it. So we took them both for another round of testing to verify the initial results. The Object 263 remained untouched, but we reduced the Object 268 Variant 4 alpha strike from 750 to 650 to eradicate the abrupt change in alpha damage and reload time between Tiers VIII and Tier X.

 

I assume this means its still going ahead 263 down a tier and the tier 10 getting a nerf.

Its just a strange way to phrase things.

You spoke out "about us moving the 263 down to tier 9"

We couldn't ignore tit " so we took them out for another test but we are still going ahead anyway"

Then it reads the Object 263 remained untouched.

Yes it remained untouched but not in the way the players asked for saying that just rubs it in, you could at least have said but after retesting we still believe we are right to make these changes.

 



AliceUnchained #15 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,793
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostDr_ownape, on 30 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

edit 3: OK it does make sense but is wrong.

 

Do explain, what exactly is wrong about it? You seem so certain it's wrong, so it should be easy to highlight what is wrong then. The only one who seems to be wrong is you though, as you're taking about what happens when you have the current Obj. 263. Now unless my eyes deceive me, I am fairly certain the OP is asking about the current Tier IX SU-122-54.

 

The way I read the patch notes is that if it's researched but not in garage, the new Tier IX Obj. 263 will be researched along with all modules researched previously on the SU-122-54. If the SU-122-54 is in garage, it will be replaced with the Tier IX Obj. 263 in garage. So either you have it, and it gets replaced. Or you don't have it, in which case there's nothing to replace/compensate for.


Edited by AliceUnchained, 30 January 2018 - 03:41 PM.


Dr_ownape #16 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41875 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

 

Do explain, what exactly is wrong about it? You seem so certain it's wrong, so it should be easy to highlight what is wrong then. The only one who seems to be wrong is you though, as you're taking about what happens when you have the current Obj. 263. Now unless my eyes deceive me, I am fairly certain the OP is asking about the current Tier IX SU-122-54.

 

The way I read the patch notes is that if it's researched but not in garage, the new Tier IX Obj. 263 will be researched along with all modules researched previously on the SU-122-54. If the SU-122-54 is in garage, it will be replaced with the Tier IX Obj. 263 in garage. So either you have it, and it gets replaced. Or you don't have it, in which case there's nothing to replace/compensate for.

 

 

you mentioned that:


 

Block Quote

if you sell it now, you will have to buy the 'new' Tier IX Obj. 263 after the patch

 

Well he won't have to buy it as he already has the 263:


 

Block Quote

I re-read the page, and it does not refer to what happens to the SU-122-54 if you have both the Obje263 AND the Su-122-54.

 

Hence you were wrong.



DA_ZOHAN #17 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

Once again.

The patch notes state that if you have the Tier 10, (263), you get BOTH the 263 as a tier 9, and the new tier 10 in your garage, with the crew retrained to the new tier 10.

If you have the current tier 9 (SU-122-54) fully researched AND in your garage, you get the Obj263 as a Tier 9 fully researched with crew retrained.

Nothing regarding having BOTH the current tier 9 AND the current Tier 10.  (some people keep tanks or rebuy them).

 

I am going to assume that the SU-122-54 is removed and the Obj263 simply replaces it.



DA_ZOHAN #18 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54014 battles
  • 1,578
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013
Hence, no guesswork, the ting got sold, and if I lost 1.6 million silver, then so be it.  WG gave me a Type59 for XMAS!!!  I can grind dem silvers.

Homer_J #19 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDr_ownape, on 30 January 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

Support would know

We have a contender for funniest post of the year.

 

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

 

There's nothing to gamble really; if you sell it now, you will have to buy the 'new' Tier IX Obj. 263 after the patch. If you keep it, you will have it replaced with the Obj. 263 after the patch.

But he will get the 263 because he has it at tier X and anyone who has it at tier X is getting it at tier IX plus the new tier X.

 

It's a gamble.

You could get full credits of the current tier IX.  << This is the most likely IMO and the most profitable.

You could get just the new tier IX and be effectively worse off than you would selling it.  << Second most likely and least profitable.

The update script will get confused and delete your account. << I'll give that a 10% chance of happening.


Edited by Homer_J, 30 January 2018 - 04:18 PM.


AliceUnchained #20 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,793
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostDr_ownape, on 30 January 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Well he won't have to buy it as he already has the 263:

 

Hence you were wrong.

 

Not at all. What I wrote is exactly as it is in the patch notes. When the current Tier X Obj. 263 is researched, but not in garage, the new Tier IX version will have to be bought unless the current Tier IX SU-122-54 is in garage. Granted, I somehow missed the part in post # 10 where OP states having both, in which case you will end up with the Tier IX and X, but that still does not make it wrong in connection with the starting post and question. Merely incomplete.

 

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 30 January 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

I am going to assume that the SU-122-54 is removed and the Obj263 simply replaces it.

 

That would be my guess as well. If there were any specifics for having both, surely it would have been mentioned in the patch notes. Then again, this is Wargaming we're talking about...

 


Edited by AliceUnchained, 30 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users