Jump to content


Urban Crusher: Meet the Object 705A


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

12inch #21 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20286 battles
  • 26
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

omg stop Crying about this tank.... compare to pz7 type 5 mause this have less armour. this looks like a fun tank and i am looking forward to try it out. 

 

This game need some tanks that can push so we dont just stand still in bushes and camp all day and snipe. 

 



Hamiradon #22 Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5140 battles
  • 52
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostArmored_Cavalry, on 30 January 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hello WOT Community,

 

I have been playing the 705A on the US test server and also checked the armor penetration values of the tank and noticed a few things. The upper plate of the 705a from directly at the front is around 270mm of effective armor (175mm plate) which is penetrable by all tier X premium shells. When angled slightly, the upper plate is around 320mm which is still penetrable by most tier X premium shells although the side plate will be vulnerable with 270mm of effective armor.

The point I wanna make is, isn't the upper plate supposed the be strong enough bounce premium rounds? The Pz.Kpfw. VII has an effective upper plate of 380mm (250mm plate). In my opinion this creates a very unnecessary weak spot for the 705A. Playing during the test server and hiding my lower plate, still wasn't enough to protect me from getting shot at my upper plate, doesn't this destroy the purpose of this tank for taking the lead of a charge? All other properties are okay in my opinion.

 

What do you guys think? Should the upper plate be impenetrable like the PZ. Kpfw. VII ? Has anyone experienced the same?

 

This thing still has better armor than the Maus, You can't judge it by its ability to bounce premium shells, as they are designed to make any HT useless.

Also, this thing has 40 kmh top speed and 15 HPT, you cant even compare them, this is a mobile heavy tank like the IS-7 line, it can actually be used to flank, unlike ANY of the japanese or german super heavies. It also has a much sleeker profile than the colossal Pz 7, which you can get through the sides of when simply snap shotting, you cant do the same with this thing.

 

View Post12inch, on 30 January 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

omg stop Crying about this tank.... compare to pz7 type 5 mause this have less armour. this looks like a fun tank and i am looking forward to try it out. 

 

This game need some tanks that can push so we dont just stand still in bushes and camp all day and snipe. 

 

 

In that case, why not buff the existing heavies, which is already being decimated by HEAT, SPGs and Tank Destroyers? Why add this propaganda piece of junk instead of fixing what is already wrong? Also, as i mentioned earlier, did you notice it has 15 hpt and 40 top speed? This thing can actually move and flank efficiently, unlike any of the other 100 tonne tanks, which means it can bait and dodge, even with its almost impenetrable armor, a maus, type 5 and pz 7 cant,
 

Dollars87 #23 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 31011 battles
  • 151
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011
Does it  will bring good gameplay and 50/50 matches?  .. off course it  will not  .. suffered and will  suffer  with bots in teams.. PATHETIC

StinkyCamper #24 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25828 battles
  • 481
  • [SCBL] SCBL
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
IF you have any doubt let me put this tank in other light. It is to get you frustrated in battle  and made you buy gold ammo . Simple as that.

Edited by StinkyCamper, 31 January 2018 - 06:34 PM.


iKnewIT #25 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 79308 battles
  • 1,054
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View Post4NN1H1L4TeD, on 30 January 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

'mediocre viewrange' - lighttanks have the same ish viewrange whilst being a light tank...

 

​Don't exaggerate this theme.... because it seems You understand all camo / spotting mechanics much more better than these who put likes for Your post.

Edited by iKnewIT, 31 January 2018 - 09:27 AM.


FidelisRaven #26 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 39894 battles
  • 568
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012
So, I guess IS4 is going to be even more useless now?

SyJoMa #27 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27334 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015

"Your lower plate won’t be your best friend, either, as it’s only 244mm; almost bare minimum to survive at Tier X"

 

I was quite triggered.... but... seems that it's "only" 140mm, am I right? https://tanks.gg/v09.../obj-705a/model

 

 


Edited by SyJoMa, 31 January 2018 - 10:36 AM.


Dava_117 #28 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22747 battles
  • 5,147
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostArmored_Cavalry, on 30 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hello WOT Community,

 

I have been playing the 705A on the US test server and also checked the armor penetration values of the tank and noticed a few things. The upper plate of the 705a from directly at the front is around 270mm of effective armor (175mm plate) which is penetrable by all tier X premium shells. When angled slightly, the upper plate is around 320mm which is still penetrable by most tier X premium shells although the side plate will be vulnerable with 270mm of effective armor.

The point I wanna make is, isn't the upper plate supposed the be strong enough bounce premium rounds? The Pz.Kpfw. VII has an effective upper plate of 380mm (250mm plate). In my opinion this creates a very unnecessary weak spot for the 705A. Playing during the test server and hiding my lower plate, still wasn't enough to protect me from getting shot at my upper plate, doesn't this destroy the purpose of this tank for taking the lead of a charge? All other properties are okay in my opinion.

 

What do you guys think? Should the upper plate be impenetrable like the PZ. Kpfw. VII ? Has anyone experienced the same?

 

Just no. The last thing we need is another complete skilles tank that just require to point straight to the enemy! It's already silly as it is, whitbetter DPM than E100, Pz7 and IS-7, fastest turret rotation among superHTs, best turret in game, P/W close to IS-7 on a 100t tank! Balanced da?

sifis_21 #29 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33756 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013
no russian word for balance, right? many words for money and scam i guess, wg too good at scamming their customers.

Hamiradon #30 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5140 battles
  • 52
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostSyJoMa, on 31 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

"Your lower plate won’t be your best friend, either, as it’s only 244mm; almost bare minimum to survive at Tier X"

 

I was quite triggered.... but... seems that it's "only" 140mm, am I right? https://tanks.gg/v09.../obj-705a/model

 

 

 

Man, it will be easier for a t8 to take out a Maus than it will be for anything under-tiered to take out this thing

SandDanAdua #31 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14026 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    12-11-2016
ДА ДА ДА

coolmeltdown #32 Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41194 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostCommunity, on 30 January 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

The rear-turret rolling fortress will lead a mini-branch of unconventional Soviet heavies
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/object-705a/">The full text of the news item</a>

 

this is what the game needed, more OP soviet tanks, hell make a new heavy soviet OP tank line next to the already most powerful OP tank in the game IS7,

<russian accent voice>

NO!,No! dont give the german tank line a little bit of love, (god knows them germans are now so far behind it isnt even fun playing german anymore),

But no!! germans BAD!!!! lose WAR!!!! so MUST HAVE (cheated) bad stats and nerfed to hell, so players can experience how it was fighting as a german losing ww2...

 

===

the above is wot logic it seems...cant think of anything logic why to add more OP soviet tanks than the above!..

i loved my tiger 2, even had a barrle circle wich is a rarety for me, but havent touched the old dinosaur in months.. its just..

any tier lower russian medium or chinese ripps you apart...if the arty does not get you, cause your so slow, it is not fun to play a german anymore...

 

 


Edited by coolmeltdown, 01 February 2018 - 06:23 AM.


Laur_Balaur_XD #33 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37107 battles
  • 856
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View Postcoolmeltdown, on 01 February 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

 

this is what the game needed, more OP soviet tanks, hell make a new heavy soviet OP tank line next to the already most powerful OP tank in the game IS7,

<russian accent voice>

NO!,No! dont give the german tank line a little bit of love, (god knows them germans are now so far behind it isnt even fun playing german anymore),

But no!! germans BAD!!!! lose WAR!!!! so MUST HAVE (cheated) bad stats and nerfed to hell, so players can experience how it was fighting as a german losing ww2...

 

===

the above is wot logic it seems...cant think of anything logic why to add more OP soviet tanks than the above!..

i loved my tiger 2, even had a barrle circle wich is a rarety for me, but havent touched the old dinosaur in months.. its just..

any tier lower russian medium or chinese ripps you apart...if the arty does not get you, cause your so slow, it is not fun to play a german anymore...

 

 

 

Stop complaining about 'russian bias' like a brainless monkey. 

IS7 is OP and german tanks are bad? Really? You say that based on what? On you being a german fanboy?

 

 



zark0N #34 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12650 battles
  • 1
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
  • Member since:
    07-31-2016

@Iulian_ro

So your point is that some below average players that might mess up the statistics of IS7 prove that IS7 is worse than Maus. Kappa. Better pen on IS-7, double P/W, triple max. speed, god turret, better soft stats on gun than Maus but worse accuracy(which counts for nothing in close-range). Hull down: Maus upper plate 280-290 mm/ IS-7 upper plate 300+ everywhere; Maus turret cheeks 260 mm/IS-7 turret go **** yourself; fire premium rounds at Maus and guess what.. armor is gone / fire premium at IS-7, good luck, maybe you will pen.

 

On the other side, comparing the new russian HT with PZ 7 is ridiculous from the very beginning :). PZ 7 has lateral weak spots, 220-230 mm weak spots on turret, cupola. When side-scraping, obj 705A has no weak spots. Indeed, there will be noob players like me who will play that and will be bad, but that doesn't mean russian tanks aren't far better than germans. HF!



Armored_Cavalry #35 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5285 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    01-13-2018

View PostHamiradon, on 31 January 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

 

This thing still has better armor than the Maus, You can't judge it by its ability to bounce premium shells, as they are designed to make any HT useless.

Also, this thing has 40 kmh top speed and 15 HPT, you cant even compare them, this is a mobile heavy tank like the IS-7 line, it can actually be used to flank, unlike ANY of the japanese or german super heavies. It also has a much sleeker profile than the colossal Pz 7, which you can get through the sides of when simply snap shotting, you cant do the same with this thing.

 

View PostDava_117, on 31 January 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

Just no. The last thing we need is another complete skilles tank that just require to point straight to the enemy! It's already silly as it is, whitbetter DPM than E100, Pz7 and IS-7, fastest turret rotation among superHTs, best turret in game, P/W close to IS-7 on a 100t tank! Balanced da?

 

 

According to you guys, the mobility of this tank is too good to buff the upper plate as I compared it to the German heavies. But even the mobile heavies have strong upper plates. Just to compare some of the tanks:

 

Frontal effective armor

113: 255mm

AMX M4: 320mm

S. Conq: 300mm

T110E5: 290-350mm 

 

All these mobile heavies seem to have an much better upper plate except for 113. Although the AMX and E5 have very weak side armor (not to mention the tumor on E5's turret). The 705A does have great side armor and also awesome turret (except for the side of the turret) and will be a monster at sidescraping. We'll just see how the 705a performs once the next update is released. Think it's okay. Thanks!



MR_FIAT #36 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 1,618
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
WG cant do anything right, lets spam more r*tarded russian heavies as if the game wasnt broken enough. powercreep has gotten completely off the rails and serious issues with the game are still not fixed after many years seriosuly WG pull your heads out each others äss.

rsanders5 #37 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28624 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
 And still no Chieftain




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users