Is the Automated TD / TK system broken?

automated system team damage team kill rule violation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Paper_Turret #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 435 battles

My account was suspended although I did not fire first and I did not cause a team kill. Here is what happened:

At the start of the game, (14:53), with no enemies in sight, Player_8189127770 shoots me from behind reducing my health by 50% (108hp), I shoot back causing 3% damage. Player_8189127770 then shot me again (14:45) reducing my health to 3% (7 hp), so I shot him again reducing his health to 63%. I was then suspended and not him.

Why was I suspended and not the party that initiated the damage?

Is it because the automated system counts amounts of hits and not damage caused? He hit me twice causing 93% damage with his T29. I shot him 20 times and only caused 37% damage with my Pz 1c. If this is the case then the system is broken. What do you guys think?

See the game replay here http://wotreplays.eu...z_kpfw_i_ausf_c

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_076.jpg   95.87K
  • Attached File   shot_078.jpg   93.16K
  • Attached File   shot_078.jpg   93.16K
  • Attached File   shot_079.jpg   106.77K
  • Attached File   shot_080.jpg   43.24K

Martijn_mk2 #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
Yes it only counts hits, not the amount of damage caused.

Ziurawka #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21417 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
Which is why I love the KV-2

Dava_117 #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Why shoot back? You did exactly what that idiot wanted! You got suspended while he's enjoying the game. If someone shot you, don't shot back!

VsUK #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I have proof in the form of a support ticket reply that WG are aware that the system has its problems & refuse to correct errors it makes. Such as, being banned for 7 days because you killed someone who turned blue for shooting you. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Look at the last screen and the wall of warnings there. That's why you got suspended. System don't care who started it. But who took it the furthest. 

It's not how much damage you do. It's how often. And he has a single fire gun with high alpha. You have a rapid fire gun with burst damage. If you did pen all your shots on the 2nd image, he would have less then 50% You would do more damage on your clip, then he could did with his first shots. Should that be counted as one shot from you? Or more as you potentially could have done more damage. Think about that.

And as such, it's based on how often you do damage, not how much. So it takes 3-4 shots to turn blue, and after that you get banned. You turned blue, ignored the warning. Got banned. Simple as that. As you have a rapid fire gun. Your gun has more leeway vs his. As he has a single fire gun with more alpha pr shot. As you have more then 3 shots in a burst. And 40 shots pr clip divided on several burst pr mouse click. You have the potential do more damage in a shorter time vs him. So thus you get more then 3 shots to turn blue. But you did way more hits then he did, and more potential damage. Thus system saw you as a bigger bully. And kicked you out vs him. And it's not just a pr game basis. It covers several games. So if you had prior team damage recently. You would get banned faster to. He did not as he was still not blue on his second shot.

Don't shoot green tanks. Don't return fire ever if you have a burst gun. And wait for them to turn blue. And he will get banned first next time, not you. And any damage he does after you turn blue. Is not punishable for anyone.

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

I have proof in the form of a support ticket reply that WG are aware that the system has its problems & refuse to correct errors it makes. Such as, being banned for 7 days because you killed someone who turned blue for shooting you. 

Depends on how mush you did before he turned blue. Or how bad your team damage vs enemy damage ratio already was. As I said above, it's not on a game to game basis. If you return fire on everyone one. System will eventually care little on how blue they were after a few games of it. Even less so if you did it before he turned blue to.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 January 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Eaglax #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

system is working as intended, and it's good so

example:

Player A plays a derp-tank and oneshots a full-HP friendly tank by mistake

Player B plays a low-alpha tank and continuously fires at a team mate, while he isn't doing any real damage, he is willingly shooting his ally

If the inflicted team damage would be the deciding factor, player A would be banned for a one-click-mistake. Player B on the other hand, who is obviously and willingly shooting his teammate isn't punished...not the best idea, is it :)

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

7 days for a teamkill? So you do it more often then....

Or was it maybe because you used an aimbot? :rolleyes:

mateyflip #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31657 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
Is this another post moaning about being banned because they shot back? You'd think people would learn by now.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The automated system bans people for shooting their teammates. You shot your teammate.
The reason why your teammate didn't get banned, too, is rather simple: He doesn't shoot his teammates as often as you do. Or you simply shot him more often.

System working as intended. Maybe try to learn how it works before complaining about it being broken?

Merton15 #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13859 battles

So here you are in your super fast scout tank, hiding in a corner where you can be of no possible use to your team. You can't spot, you can't shoot (anything red), you are behind the arty ffs! The T29 should not have shot you but I can understand why they did. In a fit of self righteousness indignation you fire multiple shots into a team mate. You get banned.

You then come to the forum seeking sympathy? System working as intended, you are the proof.

Mimos_A #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostMerton15, on 31 January 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

So here you are in your super fast scout tank, hiding in a corner where you can be of no possible use to your team. You can't spot, you can't shoot (anything red), you are behind the arty ffs! The T29 should not have shot you but I can understand why they did. In a fit of self righteousness indignation you fire multiple shots into a team mate. You get banned.

You then come to the forum seeking sympathy? System working as intended, you are the proof.

While it's nice of you to try to showcase your ability to look at the minimap, if you'd actually be able to process the information on it you'd see that this is right at the start of the game, the OP is driving towards the mid and the T29 already shot him before anyone had the chance to leave the spawn or OP is even reloaded. I don't see any reason to go all spanish inquisition on the poor guy.

Never shoot back, period. If you meet a crap for brains like the T29, either just play on or if he continues, just go afk, make a cup of tea, get back when the game is over and play a new one.

Hotwired #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Which is by far the most stupid thing you can do.

Your shells still cost you credits, your damage on them gives you no exp or money and they don't get punished by taking damage from you.

You simply punish yourself and more fool you if you think it doesn't.

Also the matter of you putting yourself on reload for nothing which the enemy can exploit.

Even when someone is blue and banned out they are still a hp/shell sponge and spot for you.

Shooting your own team for any reason, even when they are blue is a sign that you have a horrible understanding of the game.

Edited by Hotwired, 31 January 2018 - 09:57 AM.

jabster #13 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostMimos_A, on 31 January 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

While it's nice of you to try to showcase your ability to look at the minimap, if you'd actually be able to process the information on it you'd see that this is right at the start of the game, the OP is driving towards the mid and the T29 already shot him before anyone had the chance to leave the spawn or OP is even reloaded. I don't see any reason to go all spanish inquisition on the poor guy.

Never shoot back, period. If you meet a crap for brains like the T29, either just play on or if he continues, just go afk, make a cup of tea, get back when the game is over and play a new one.

Not to make suggestions but moving to the cap circle would have been a good idea.

cragarion #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43976 battles

View PostPaper_Turret, on 30 January 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

My account was suspended although I did not fire first and I did not cause a team kill. Here is what happened:

At the start of the game, (14:53), with no enemies in sight, Player_8189127770 shoots me from behind reducing my health by 50% (108hp), I shoot back causing 3% damage. Player_8189127770 then shot me again (14:45) reducing my health to 3% (7 hp), so I shot him again reducing his health to 63%. I was then suspended and not him.

Is it because the automated system counts amounts of hits and not damage caused? He hit me twice causing 93% damage with his T29. I shot him 20 times and only caused 37% damage with my Pz 1c. If this is the case then the system is broken. What do you guys think?

Yes it works the system takes into account various factors like:

when the damage was done, 

where the damage was done,

how much damage to the enemy you did before team damage that battle,

how many times you damaged your team that battle,

how much damage you have caused to team members in other battles,

how often you damage team members,

PS: naming and shaming is against the forum rules i suggest removing anything showing their name before you get a forum bann as well,

PSS: you could try sending the replay into support and appealing but i doubt they will do anything as you should NOT have fired back.

Edited by cragarion, 31 January 2018 - 10:08 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37265 battles

Another triggered fool who comes to whine about his lack of self control.

>>Hotwired - leave the red text to the mods, they don't like us peons using it!

Geno1isme #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42587 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Goldpadder reroll bot gets what he deserves, good story.

Edited by Geno1isme, 31 January 2018 - 11:47 AM.

ZlatanArKung #17 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostPaper_Turret, on 30 January 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

No it isn't broken, it is just to kind.

Merton15 #18 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13859 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 31 January 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

the OP is driving towards the mid and the T29 already shot him before anyone had the chance to leave the spawn or OP is even reloaded. I don't see any reason to go all spanish inquisition on the poor guy.

He is not heading mid, he is heading corner. Yes I will criticise a player who gets banned (correctly) and then creates a whine thread about it. We all take team damage from time to time, most of us have the intelligence to avoid getting banned.

Mimos_A #19 Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostMerton15, on 31 January 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

He is not heading mid, he is heading corner. Yes I will criticise a player who gets banned (correctly) and then creates a whine thread about it. We all take team damage from time to time, most of us have the intelligence to avoid getting banned.

If you look at the first screenshot you clearly see him heading mid with jus 7 seconds on the clock, he only turns around after getting shot. He's a fool for getting banned over this, but there was no reason whatsoever for the t29 to shoot him and you whining at him for "camping" shows you're equally foolish.

Edited by Mimos_A, 31 January 2018 - 01:01 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #20 Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35897 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostVsUK, on 30 January 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Did you make a ticket to support when they banned you 1 month for aimbot use? What did they replied?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users