Jump to content


Save the SU-101


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

I recently played it, and I like it!

It have dpm and agility and speed, and then even some superstructure armour that can bounce. 

 

I think it is a fun tank with fun attributes. 

 

To bad WG will thrash the tank by removing the agility and dpm in favour of alpha and armour.

Removes all the interesting aspects of said tank.

 

But everything to make as many TDs as possible play as similar as possible I guess. Because who would like a TD line that differs to much from the other ones.



Geno1isme #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42636 battles
  • 7,851
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Yeah, Su101 can be a fun tank in the right map+matchup.

Quite sad to see it getting replaced with a completely different tank that's more like a bad JP2 clone. But well, we're in the age of retard-armor and idiot-proof guns, no place for the Su101 there.



ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostGeno1isme, on 31 January 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Yeah, Su101 can be a fun tank in the right map+matchup.

Quite sad to see it getting replaced with a completely different tank that's more like a bad JP2 clone. But well, we're in the age of retard-armor and idiot-proof guns, no place for the Su101 there.

No place for diversity when all tanks have to be similar so the playerbase is not confused.



arthurwellsley #4 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51761 battles
  • 3,022
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

I have just completed the 150,000 exp on it to research the SU 122-54. I found the SU 101 inconsistent (maybe that is just me). The lack of gun depression can hurt. Last game on Kharkov it was difficult on the more open West side (south spawn) to get the gun into play on the hills. In addition I find the side to side movement of the gun not very helpful. However the dpm is fun, and when you have plenty of flat surfaces and enemies who wait for your dpm, you can have great matches.

 

The armour is weird and inconsistent. Some matches amazing bounces, others not so much. If I am spotted in a sniping position, and I am moving away I always twist the front at an angle as I do so, and that really helps getting bounces. Some matches though everything the enemy sends my my way seems to go straight through no matter what angles I have tried to present the Su 101 at to the enemy.

 

I am not keeping it. I will sell it.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 31 January 2018 - 11:58 AM.


clixor #5 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51483 battles
  • 3,058
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011
I'm  grinding it atm and although the dpm is nice theoretically i absolutely suck in it. For me atleast it just doesn't have any carry potential. And add to that as a tier8 you often have skorpions/borsigs/ferdis and the like as your enemy counterparts.

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
First they nade the Japanese heavies but I didn't speak out, because I didn't care.

Then they overbuffed the Maus, but I didn't speak out, because I didn't care.

Then they made the new T8 premiums, but I didn't speak out, because I didn't care.

Then they remade the AT line and introduced the Badger, but I didn't speak out, because I didn't care.

And when they finally came for the Obj 263 line, I did care, but there where no one left to care with me.

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postclixor, on 31 January 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm  grinding it atm and although the dpm is nice theoretically i absolutely suck in it. For me atleast it just doesn't have any carry potential. And add to that as a tier8 you often have skorpions/borsigs/ferdis and the like as your enemy counterparts.

I think it have carry potential, I just started with it, a nd my stets in it suck. But I hope they will get better when crew reach 100% and I get top specs and I get to know how to handle the thing, and what works and doesn't work with it.



Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61415 battles
  • 5,306
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
its not just td's every tank that is a bit different they ruin. VK2801, 5916, SPIC

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 31 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

its not just td's every tank that is a bit different they ruin. VK2801, 5916, SPIC

Indeed.

Which is very sad.

 

I really liked the 59-16 with auto loader. The SPIC was also interesting, but not as fun as 59-16.

I used the 59-16 in T6 SH everytime I could.

 

So much difference between tanks and between tanks in same line is just getting removed. 

 

Soon the E3 and E4 line will get homogenised (existing word?) like the AT line. Every tank play same.



ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
And then we will get the Russian version of the Type 5 line, starting with KV-2.
Then 4 tanks with large calibre HE guns and thick armour but slow as [edited] (better armour and faster then Type 5 line of course) will get introduced.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66275 battles
  • 16,274
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I found it to be "meh" vs most of my tier 8 meds. But still versatile enough to get the job done.

 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 31 January 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

To bad WG will thrash the tank by removing the agility and dpm in favour of alpha and armour.

Removes all the interesting aspects of said tank.

 

I would not say a DPM loss of 100 is something you will notice if you have a good crew, or unless you fire when ready constantly in a support role. Aim time is even cut down from 3 seconds to 2.5 since dispersion has gone up. And since it never did hit anything on long range as is. I suspect I won't notice that either. Weak part about it was always the low hit points IMO. The buff to 1100 from 990 will come in handy.

 

Top speed will remain the same, even got more reverse speed. Same engine power. But with 30mm extra frontal armor comes more weight, so power to weight has gone down. So has the traverse. But I can honestly say I did not notice that much difference on getting to speed. But I do notice the lower traverse ofc. So it bleeds a bit more when turning. But nothing drastic.

 

Tho view range has gone from 380 to 350. That sucks.



ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 January 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I found it to be "meh" vs most of my tier 8 meds. But still versatile enough to get the job done.

 

 

I would not say a DPM loss of 100 is something you will notice if you have a good crew, or unless you fire when ready constantly in a support role. Aim time is even cut down from 3 seconds to 2.5 since dispersion has gone up. And since it never did hit anything on long range as is. I suspect I won't notice that either. Weak part about it was always the low hit points IMO. The buff to 1100 from 990 will come in handy.

 

Top speed will remain the same, even got more reverse speed. Same engine power. But with 30mm extra frontal armor comes more weight, so power to weight has gone down. So has the traverse. But I can honestly say I did not notice that much difference on getting to speed. But I do notice the lower traverse ofc. So it bleeds a bit more when turning. But nothing drastic.

 

Tho view range has gone from 380 to 350. That sucks.

More like a dpm drop from ~3000 to ~2200....

So 800.



Geno1isme #13 Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42636 battles
  • 7,851
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 January 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

I would not say a DPM loss of 100 is something you will notice if you have a good crew, or unless you fire when ready constantly in a support role. Aim time is even cut down from 3 seconds to 2.5 since dispersion has gone up. And since it never did hit anything on long range as is. I suspect I won't notice that either. Weak part about it was always the low hit points IMO. The buff to 1100 from 990 will come in handy.

 

You're using the wrong gun on it then. With the 100mm it has almost 3k DPM without equipment and 2.1s aimtime. The 122mm that was added a while ago never made much sense on this tank. With 9.22 however the 100mm is completely trashed so you're pretty much forced to use the 122mm with 40% less DPM, worse aimtime, worse accuracy, and decreased mobility on top.

Hotwired #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles
  • 490
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010

View PostZlatanArKung, on 31 January 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Then they remade the AT line and introduced the Badger, but I didn't speak out, because I didn't care.

 

Apparently you do care because you listed it.

 

Or are you just padding your list with something that happened  but wasn't actually a bad update.



ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostHotwired, on 31 January 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

Apparently you do care because you listed it.

 

Or are you just padding your list with something that happened  but wasn't actually a bad update.

It was a bad update. But I didn't care much about it.

 

And if you didn't get it. 

It is a reference to this.

https://en.m.wikiped...t_they_came_...

 


Edited by ZlatanArKung, 31 January 2018 - 03:12 PM.


AcE_Krystal #16 Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:38 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6473 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

wow.. did not see that coming.

SU101 was one of my fav tanks. I just liked the look and spent more time on it. Found really hard at the start but later got the hang of its good sides. It was a tricky tank but really fun to play tank that had a TD/Medium tank play style. Spotting, and just getting in between fights and out again, dealing dmg so here and there. It was specially good in backstabbing as the dpm was pretty high, the tank was fast and agile, had decent spotting range and had decent cammo. So in my opinion the tank was perfect for front line / behind enemy line fights. In the patch review they say they actually want the tank to be more in the front lines, so I don't understand why they wanted to change it if it was already that.

 

So I was interested in what they did to it, expected a bit more gun depression but nothing dramatic. Now I find out my fav tank is gone...

Since it doesn't have the speed anymore in turning the hull AND the gun it has lost al its characteristics as front line TD. In has become just one of those you park somewhere and wait for people to face you from the front. No catching up with medium / light tanks anymore when they circle you...

 

I find it really sad.

RIP my fav tank SU101...

 



TheWarrener #17 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3373 battles
  • 355
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
Dumbing down the game epizode #37

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostAcE_Krystal, on 17 February 2018 - 03:38 AM, said:

wow.. did not see that coming.

SU101 was one of my fav tanks. I just liked the look and spent more time on it. Found really hard at the start but later got the hang of its good sides. It was a tricky tank but really fun to play tank that had a TD/Medium tank play style. Spotting, and just getting in between fights and out again, dealing dmg so here and there. It was specially good in backstabbing as the dpm was pretty high, the tank was fast and agile, had decent spotting range and had decent cammo. So in my opinion the tank was perfect for front line / behind enemy line fights. In the patch review they say they actually want the tank to be more in the front lines, so I don't understand why they wanted to change it if it was already that.

 

So I was interested in what they did to it, expected a bit more gun depression but nothing dramatic. Now I find out my fav tank is gone...

Since it doesn't have the speed anymore in turning the hull AND the gun it has lost al its characteristics as front line TD. In has become just one of those you park somewhere and wait for people to face you from the front. No catching up with medium / light tanks anymore when they circle you...

 

I find it really sad.

RIP my fav tank SU101...

 

And now it is to late :(



Igor_BL #19 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39598 battles
  • 1,345
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

I enjoyed su101. Indeed, small gun, plus more HEAT then AP loaded... but that was "the only way" to play it.

440 gun is just awful... abhorrence....

 

 

How is the su100m1 now? looks really strong on paper?

i am looking for one tier7 in garage, to have it for platoons from time to time... probably will buy t71 back, and considering su100m1 because it looks really good.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users