• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Placebo_ #21 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32003 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View PostCobra6, on 31 January 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Until massive RNG is taken out of he equation and the format resembles a recognisable one ("randoms", 15vs15) the majority of people simply don't care because they have no connection to it.

Still, I guess you can keep beating a dead horse, the constant twitching and juddering will provide entertainment to some :)

Cobra 6

I believe it will be 10 v 10 since it was sort of introduced to SH. And about that RNG-i agree. Wot blitz decreased the RNG range: "Commanders, with the Update 4.6 release effective shooting will become more comfortable and predictable - we will decrease the penetration spread for all vehicles from 75–125% to 85–115%." I hope WoT PC will do the same since it would make the game a lot more playable in general thus enhancing eSports sector as well (less retarded bounces where it should be a pen).

Another thing: getting rid of some maps and introducing new ones. Ghost town is good example - if not existing maps, then something similar to that. Endless camp on Mines or one-sided Ruinberg is getting a bit old. 

Increasing playerbase for tournaments-give decent rewards. Top1 getting something is a bit sad IMO (last 2 go4wot tournaments are good example of this).

Of  course there might be a lot more and better proposals than these.

Edited by Placebo_, 31 January 2018 - 05:37 PM.

PredatorZoli #22 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43296 battles
  • [RE-AP] RE-AP

View PostPlacebo_, on 31 January 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I believe it will be 10 v 10 since it was sort of introduced to SH. And about that RNG-i agree. Wot blitz decreased the RNG range: "Commanders, with the Update 4.6 release effective shooting will become more comfortable and predictable - we will decrease the penetration spread for all vehicles from 75–125% to 85–115%." I hope WoT PC will do the same since it would make the game a lot more playable in general thus enhancing eSports sector as well (less retarded bounces where it should be a pen).

Another thing: getting rid of some maps and introducing new ones. Ghost town is good example - if not existing maps, then something similar to that. Endless camp on Mines or one-sided Ruinberg is getting a bit old. 

Increasing playerbase for tournaments-give decent rewards. Top1 getting something is a bit sad IMO (last 2 go4wot tournaments are good example of this).

Of  course there might be a lot more and better proposals than these.

it will be 5v5, u will see ;)

TijgernootTank #23 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53817 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

While we polish the new eSports format, in-game tournaments will still continue to support the competitive nature of the game and its community.

So no improvements for the in game tournaments , the " competitive nature of the game " and its community will get the support of tournaments 2.0 wich has a bad format , and lousy rewards .

Good luck with this .

zet_reroll_s4s_ #24 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6709 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

TL;DR: The long awaited announcement about the future of WoT eSports turned out to be a postponing of the actual announcement.

For WG: There are people that are really into eSports which waited more than 1 month for you to give them at least 1 info/idea/sign about what's coming next and you just let'em know that "YOU  KNOW/CURRENTLY WORKING ON" what needs to be done for the better of WoT eSports.

0 professionalism.

Edited by zet_reroll_s4s_, 31 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

armandio #25 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 81119 battles

View Post__Magmaa, on 31 January 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

It wont work without proper in game strcture like i have said... 

It will drag yung players into the game who like being competative (like me)

Why You think it will work? You have some experience in business management? 

Are You finished some MBA studies or are You marketing director of some company? 

Do You own some successful business?

If not, why You talk crap? Just wanna bla bla bla?

This game have proper in game structure, bringing millions of dollars for game owners.

So why You think You have rights to try to give them Your foolish advices?!? :amazed:

__Magmaa #26 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31819 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI

View Postarmandio, on 31 January 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Are You finished some MBA studies or are You marketing director of some company? 

This game have proper in game structure, bringing millions of dollars for game owners.

So why You think You have rights to try to give them Your foolish advices?!? :amazed:

Yeap, as i thought you got 78 000 battles, so you are the one who only cares about grinding new tank lines.... Will see in 3 years when u will have to grind Zimbabwian tank line, you are just casual player (there is nothing wrong with it) and last time i chacked this is about esports which you didnt ever participated. No need for further discussions

Vindkall #27 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13564 battles
I watch streamers playing random tank games, cause i can relate to them. Watching WoT played by pros is a whole other game, you cant relate to that! And if we add all the insane RNG its just BS anyway!

lordmartinak #28 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13306 battles
  • [H-A-T] H-A-T

I don't think that 15v15 is a good idea because there will be even more going on and viewer will be even less capable of following it - even comentators and cameramen will have harder job and will miss more - also you will have more players to get to know - I thing that the esport needs to be more accessible for viewers and not less - and the argument that 15v15 is in randoms so it should be more familiar for casual player is just wrong - esports are all about teamwork and that is a thing you hardly ever see in randoms

also less RNG means less close battles - if the worse team is lucky it can beat the better team and that is what builds up the tension

I love wgleague in the state in which it currently is but i see that WG needs to make it more appealing for wider audience but I can't see how could they do it - maybe they'll come up with something interesting - I hope so

also this article wad horrible :D so long and nothing in it - but the hype is on

Edited by lordmartinak, 31 January 2018 - 07:44 PM.

simeon_ellas #29 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39353 battles
  • [AL_GR] AL_GR
yea put gold back like it was spending so many hours and in the end only OP premium tanks win all the prizes! how is that fair? pay and you can win some gold after hours of time spend? its more easy to pay to get the gold and dont bother against OP premiums...

dasdon #30 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57004 battles
  • [NESAD] NESAD
simple fact of the matter is watching the same 4 tanks over and over is about as much fun as watching paint dry. then the actual games are either ten min camp fests or yolo cap runs.

Farlion #31 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 47556 battles
  • [SOMA] SOMA

WoT eSports is RIP since 2016...

There is no chance to revive this...

Lorensoth #32 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21208 battles

"Esports" that pay to play ingame goods used at maximum degree with addition of RNG is too often deciding factor on who wins.

An esport that completely different playstyle with even setup is not similar to live servers.

An esport that being watched / fallowed lesser then many of your streamer that routinely plays game.

Dear WG, after years, you are still looking this subject from wrong side.

Change format to 3w3, that way, you may still find some players for a while i guess.

This also kinda sad, that you are also, literally, finally accepting NA servers are now, dead.

Edited by Lorensoth, 31 January 2018 - 11:57 PM.

Forcit #33 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 42368 battles

"However, because we're still ironing out the details we don't want to spoil the surprise just yet. You can expect more information later; just know that we have set out to redefine what everyone thinks World of Tanks eSports is to make it even more enjoyable and accessible. While we polish the new eSports format, in-game tournaments will still continue to support the competitive nature of the game and its community."

No more random game in future where 5 to 15 "bots" only one side and top tanks? No more these "MATCH MAKER" what made approx. 90% unfair game ?

Not ever seen "Rigged" or "RNG" these game like seen now ? 

Higher panalty for teammate damage maker if not have enough and high level "BATTLE BUDDY" marks? Because sometimes accidents happends to every one....

And allso another thing .. exempel tier 8 premium tank missing reason why buy these, now these tank its most times only tier 10 opponents practise targets,

That happends every tier and lot. how join and like to play game if not have anykind real changes to play and win ?

Will see what thar promises real mean... hope still lives lightly

coolathlon #34 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 44019 battles

Cobra6 #35 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSeriouzhnya, on 31 January 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

15vs15 would entirely kill WoT eSports...

Care to explain why a format which works great in both randoms, clanwars and strongholds would suddenly kill eSports?

I'm honestly quite curious how you come to that conclusion.....

If anything the current format has completely killed it because seriously, hardly anyone cares outside the people playing it and a few followers, which is why Wargaming is desperately trying to make it more appealing tot he public.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 01 February 2018 - 09:24 AM.

coolathlon #36 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 44019 battles

Team size won't be possible to handle.

Look at other successful espots titles, they're all around 5 players. You can have enough spare players if someone can't get to training, won't get a visa or encounter other problems. With 15 fighting people you may need up to 25 guys/girls to make up a whole team. This won't work in terms of team consistency, training, logistics, prices or even -- in WOT case -- the amount of legitly skilled people to fill enough teams.

Cobra6 #37 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

But it works for the competitive modes on the regular server doesn't it?

I do see your point though but the problem remains that in the current format the top competitive mode is not recognisable or appealing to the majority of players because it has got 0 affinity to the game they play on a day to day basis a part from the name and the tanks being played.

Cobra 6

lordmartinak #38 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13306 battles
  • [H-A-T] H-A-T

View PostCobra6, on 01 February 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

But it works for the competitive modes on the regular server doesn't it?

I do see your point though but the problem remains that in the current format the top competitive mode is not recognisable or appealing to the majority of players because it has got 0 affinity to the game they play on a day to day basis a part from the name and the tanks being played.

Cobra 6

I believe that 15v15 would be quite confusing for viewers and difficult for comentators and cameramen to manage - what would be esport good for without the audience?

QQ_L3L3 #39 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 43902 battles
  • [_EKG_] _EKG_

View Postarmandio, on 31 January 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

did u play any competitive mode besides randoms and sh?! or u are just spaming every topic u see on forum

Head_crusher #40 Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22823 battles
Meanwhile on the RU server they actually did something to make the tournaments seem not like a complete waste of time for most players  https://worldoftanks.ru/ru/news/tournaments/turnirnaya-kampaniya-poluchi-premium-tank/

Edited by Head_crusher, 04 February 2018 - 01:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users