Bring in requirements to play Tier 10 tanks in Randoms?!?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Bruecki2938 #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

For the last days - especially since this bond grind missions - I've seen way more bad performances of tier 10 tanks than before and I asked myself, why is it like that?

Okay I get the normal stuff like players are just bad at the game, "I don't shoot gold I like to bounce off the flat turret cheeks of a Maus with my IS-7", "I play for fun", etc. - I get that.

But this is basically the way it is since I've started to play the game - so there must be more!

I've started to do some "investigations" when my tank was out of the game and tuning in on some "no name" streamers on Twitch. Oh boy I was like "WTF?!?!".

You have a Maus with binocs/camo net, you have fresh 75 % crews in tier 10 tanks or very "under skilled" crews for tier 10, you have people without gold ammunition at all.

Why is this - in my eyes - a problem?

Because if you have such tanks in your game - especially in a 3/5/7 as your top tiers - you are doomed to get rekt. Why?

Because your top tier tanks can't compete on the same level with the enemy top tier tanks und will get rekt. And with your top tier tanks beeing useless you are doomed to get rekt.

So why not bring in some requirements your tank needs to meet before you can hit the random games with that tank?

Like having 3 corresponding - depending on the class/tank - equipment parts mounted and a crew with at least 3 perks.

I think this is not too much to ask from a player who wants to play the "end game" - and it shouldn't be that hard if you take the crew from tier to tier to have 3 perks once you are hitting tier 10.

I understand, it won't transform "bad players" to "better players" but at least if both players are equal in terms of skill, they will be equal in terms of "tank performance" too. (reload, aim time, etc.)

In team battles, strongholds and clan wars you can play them without any restrictions - because if the team accepts it, fine with me be my guest but your "sh*tty" tank should not be forced upon 14 random people who are screwed because you are their top tier tank!

Edited by Bruecki2938, 31 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

Believe me if you put a chimpantard into a 6 skill bond equipped all gold OP tank he will still fail to pen more than 1 or 2 shots.

In short it wont change anything tangible. Euthanasia on the other hand...

Knight_Zao #3 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29108 battles

To have 100% crew on all tanks requires gold, and alot of players just wont pay to have that, the 75% is adequate they seem to think.

The problem arises when all players are allow to play any tier of tank, no real difference having high skill players playing low tier tanks, to low skill players playing high tier tanks.......World of Tanks is a free to play game for anyone!! Which totally sucks for players wanting to be competitve and rely on team mates for support.

Bruecki2938 #4 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostKnight_Zao, on 31 January 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

To have 100% crew on all tanks requires gold, and alot of players just wont pay to have that, the 75% is adequate they seem to think.

The problem arises when all players are allow to play any tier of tank, no real difference having high skill players playing low tier tanks, to low skill players playing high tier tanks.......World of Tanks is a free to play game for anyone!! Which totally sucks for players wanting to be competitve and rely on team mates for support.

No it doesn't require any gold! You can retrain for credits and "level up" the base skill again OR you don't select a crew skill and use that "extra" XP for retraining base skill.

And I don't care if they have a 100 % 4 perk crew on their tier 5 tank or not - I only care about tier 10 tanks.

If you want to play end game to have to have end game "hardware".

And you can get 3 suitable equipment parts and a 3 perk crew even without prem. account - just saying.... (I don't want another "off topic" discussion about F2P/P2W/prem. account bs)

Edited by Bruecki2938, 31 January 2018 - 05:56 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said

I've started to do some "investigations" when my tank was out of the game and tuning in on some "no name" streamers on Twitch. Oh boy I was like "WTF?!?!".

You have a Maus with binocs/camo net, you have fresh 75 % crews in tier 10 tanks or very "under skilled" crews for tier 10, you have people without gold ammunition at all.

Most run binocs or camo on HT's as they usually can't afford to use 600 000 on vents, 500 000 for a rammer or 500 000 for other equipment they want when they have bought a new tier X. And since when did not using gold ammo became a bad thing? As that's the #1 complaint as is.

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

So why not bring in some requirements your tank needs to meet before you can hit the random games with that tank?

Like having 3 corresponding - depending on the class/tank - equipment parts mounted and a crew with at least 3 perks.

Basically alienating a majority of the player base from playing tier X. And this WG won't do it. As randoms will be randoms, inc the players. Not hand picked for each tier. Heck even I don't have 3 skilled crews on all my tier X's. As I liked the tier 9 more and did keep the high skilled crew there, as I would get more out of it.  And thus started to train a new crew via premiums before I got my tier X. Even so.. crew skills alone don't always make you a better tier X player. Or makes bad players "carry" more as top tier. Heck those 3 skills could be camo & firefighting and not BIA or repair on their tier X HT. So it won't make much of a difference for most how many skills they have.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 January 2018 - 05:58 PM.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

"End game"?

TX is just another set to tanks one can choose, though god only knows, judging by the whinging and moaning on the forum, why would anyone want to play at that level.

Your points are, to a degree, valid, but they also apply at any tier. It is just that at TX the gameplay is less forgiving than at lower tiers. 

One possible reason for bad players getting to TX with stock tanks, untrained crew, and lacking equipment, is because so many players, despite the moaning, put TX forward as the aim of the game. 

Read through the forum, if someone is moaning about anything, and a player comes up with an observation that they dont see whatever the situation is when they play their Matilda, or Hellcat, or similar, that person gets shown screen shots or replays from TX battles. If everyone advocates TX as the be all and end all of the game, then many bad players are going to aspire to own TX tanks because they see that reaching TX is a success. It matter little that they cant play well at TX, they just see reaching TX as being their success. 

Add that to the ammount of T8 premiums being brought into the game and you can understand why so many unsuitable players are ending up in high tier battles. 

Bruecki2938 #7 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

I know why people running these equipment parts on their tanks and this is exactly my point: You want to play tier 10 you need to have the credits for it!

Not shooting gold is a bad thing if you are not able to penetrate the enemy tank either because you are not skilled enough or you don't really have a chance to penetrate it with non-gold!

I don't care about player skill but at least the tanks should have a minimum standard I can rely on! Nothing to do with hand picking.

And if you would have read the post till the end you would have read that I've said:

Block Quote

I understand, it won't transform "bad players" to "better players" but at least if both players are equal in terms of skill, they will be equal in terms of "tank performance" too. (reload, aim time, etc.)

Yes I give you that, that the skills/perks could be useless but this fact I "give" to the "random nature" of the "random battle".

SastusBulbas #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34032 battles

We do not need elitist crap in the game, if a player wants to run a maus wuth a 50% crew and the wrong equipment fine, let him, we dont need l33t players dictating requirements.

And yes, many do play for fun, not stats, not performance, with no care or expectations. Most real world people would look at you like your mentaliy ill if you expressed care and concern over tank loadout and random online peeps tank loadouts.

The fact is, the balance of poor players with 50% crews and the wrong equipment and 40k battle 63% win rate players with enhanced equipment and 6 skill crews evens out for your team, so why care, one game you can have the 40% player with a Maus and 50% crew and a camo net and enhanced springs, the net game a player so bright you have to turn your screen down for fear of burning your retinas out with an Object 907 with a 70% win rate 60 skill crew rocking 12 pieces of leet equipment bought with bonds firing wire guided depleted uranius shells from accross the map with 138% accuracy from server 2 onto server 1 while he hoovers, changes the TV remotes battery and fries a steak.

iztok #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> Bring in requirements to play Tier 10 tanks in Randoms?!?

• Have tier-10 tank.
  • Be able to move your hand(s) and finger(s).
  • Have working eye(s).

The rest is optional. ;)

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 31 January 2018 - 06:36 PM.

Bruecki2938 #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Yet on the other hand a lot of people are complaining about 15:3 games - Why do you think this happens? Because usually your top tier tanks failed their performances and in my eyes my suggestion would help to - at least - flatten that issue.

Block Quote

The fact is, the balance of poor players with 50% crews and the wrong equipment and 40k battle 63% win rate players with enhanced equipment and 6 skill crews evens out for your team

This would only be true if the match maker would balance it out but as the match maker doesn't balance it out you end up with one team having the 50 % crew Maus and the other team has the "fully decked out" tank.

There is also some relation to the real world: Why do you want to drive a Porsche if you go only 100 km/h on the Autobahn because you are not skilled enough to drive faster or don't have the money to afford the gas to go faster?

Nobody is forcing you to play tier 10 tanks if you are - for what ever reason - not willing to perform your projected tasks?

As a top tier you have some sort of "responsibility" for your team!

Beside that you would call me "mentally ill" for proposing some limitations/requirements yet people who are willingly/on purpose screw over other players are mentally just fine?

Sorry, not in my eyes!

Edited by Bruecki2938, 31 January 2018 - 06:41 PM.

Knight_Zao #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29108 battles

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

No it doesn't require any gold! You can retrain for credits and "level up" the base skill again OR you don't select a crew skill and use that "extra" XP for retraining base skill.

And I don't care if they have a 100 % 4 perk crew on their tier 5 tank or not - I only care about tier 10 tanks.

If you want to play end game to have to have end game "hardware".

And you can get 3 suitable equipment parts and a 3 perk crew even without prem. account - just saying.... (I don't want another "off topic" discussion about F2P/P2W/prem. account bs)

dude, what do you mean "end game" you are A LITERAL mile away from it, you dont own all Tier 10 tanks, not even close........your version of END GAME is not everyone elses version, if you want to play a game that has a pure skill element, play a non-progressive game......Jesus!!!!

as for the above, i know all about moving crew and retraining, but i was saying 100% crew for all tanks, people arent willing to lose any crew skills percentage when they can just get a new crew for 20k each and play around 15-20 games and be at 100%.

Lomion_EU #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35840 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Yet on the other hand a lot of people are complaining about 15:3 games - Why do you think this happens? Because usually your top tier tanks failed their performances and in my eyes my suggestion would help to - at least - flatten that issue.

This would only be true if the match maker would balance it out but as the match maker doesn't balance it out you end up with one team having the 50 % crew Maus and the other team has the "full decked out" tank.

There is also some relation to the real world: Why do you want to drive a Porsche if you go only 100 km/h on the Autobahn because you are not skilled enough to drive faster or don't have the money to afford the gas to go faster?

Nobody is forcing you to play tier 10 tanks if you are - for what ever reason - not willing to perform your projected tasks?

Beside that you would call me "mentally ill" for proposing some limitations/requirements yet people who are willingly/on purpose screw over other players are mentally just fine?

Sorry, not in my eyes!

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

This would only be true if the match maker would balance it out but as the match maker doesn't balance it out you end up with one team having the 50 % crew Maus and the other team has the "full decked out" tank.

Sorry, not in my eyes!

But of course not everyone is a try hard reroll.

Knight_Zao #13 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29108 battles
Also, upon further inspection, your WR at tier 10 is a positive apart from the T-62a, so you are winning alot more than losing at tier 10!!! what do you want, to win them all..all this tells me is that the other team had more bad players than your team did

Slyspy #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Personally I think that the requirement should be set at over 54% WR and 1700 WN8.

Bruecki2938 #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

If you check my low tier tanks I'm not a reroll.

Breaking News: If you have some sort of brain and coming from a long time "better than 95 % of the playerbase" CS / World of Warcraft field of xp, you can be decent within 5k games as the core mechanics are not that complicated to understand.

(And for my standards I still "suck" at the game - so it's not about bragging "Look I have 5k games and have 2.1k recent" )

But that's not the point of my suggestion - the point ist to "even" the playing field a little bit so that everyone can have more fun.

As I said a lot of people are complaing about 15:3 games and that such games don't make fun at all.

And for me, I think this issue needs a solution. I'm not saying that my suggestion would solve that problem as you still can have randomly skilled players in the teams but maybe it's a suggestion we can work/discuss of.

View PostKnight_Zao, on 31 January 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Also, upon further inspection, your WR at tier 10 is a positive apart from the T-62a, so you are winning alot more than losing at tier 10!!! what do you want, to win them all..all this tells me is that the other team had more bad players than your team did

It's not about me and/or my stats. I just thought about ways to make the expierence of the game and the joy we get out of the game better for everyone.

Beside that the reason why I got into this is not the wr of my tier 10 tanks because if I'm top tier - to a certain extend - I've my fate in my own hands.

I came up with this topic because I'm grinding tier 9 lately and play a lot of tier 8 prems to farm credits, and despite bringing solid performances I've often lost games because of "bad" top tiers.

And as I understand that player skill is not part of the match maker I try to find other possible ways to "even out" the playing field without bringing in major/big "hit the wall" bumps for "weaker" players.

Edited by Bruecki2938, 31 January 2018 - 07:05 PM.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

We don't need requirements to play tier 10 battles. As some people said, it's not an end game objective to play tier 10. Is a tier exactly as all the other.

If you want to play competitive play teambattles, skirmishes or clanwars. Random (as the word says) it's for random people who want to shoot each other in a tank.

Edited by Dava_117, 31 January 2018 - 07:01 PM.

Bruecki2938 #17 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6260 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Okay then lets not call it "end game" - but do you agree that with the 3/5/7 tier 10 tanks have a bigger responsibility than playing a tier 4 tank in a 5/10 against tier 3 tanks?

Edited by Bruecki2938, 31 January 2018 - 07:08 PM.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Okay then lets not call it "end game" - but do you agree that with the 3/5/7 tier 10 tanks have a bigger responsibility than playing a tier 4 tank in a 5/10 against tier 3 tanks?

Sure they have, so when you are top tier you try your best. But a good thing of 3-5-7 is that even as bottom tier you can still be relevant. Top tier sucks, you will have to play at 110% to win, but you still be able to win.

Also, the randomness grant that, in the long run, about 50% of the time those top tier will be on your side, the other 50% will be on enemy team.

unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostBruecki2938, on 31 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

I notice you picked T4 with 5/10 split for your comparison. Most people would naturally agree with your statement, but how about T5 or T6 tanks as top tier in 3/5/7 split? Do those top tiers tanks have less responsibility that your TX's? 

It is the responsibility of any player, regardless of Tier and Tank, and regardless of skill level, to do their best in a team game. Some players best is much worse than others, but that does not disqualify them from playing the game at whatever level they want. As to skilled crews and upgraded equipment/modules, that again is up to the individual. You dont know, just looking at a players wr or wn8 if that player can afford to buy premium time, or free up xp in order to quickly upgrade the tank, nor if they can afford gold to fully train a crew. 

Many players, and I have done so myself, have managed to research and buy the next tank, and it is frustrating to have it in garage while trying to earn enough xp/ credits to fully upgrade it, and not be able to afford to either buy a new 100% crew or transfer an existing crew into it without loss of skills.

While I understand also the frustration that better players have at times, with the lack of skill in their teammates, they must realise that the game is for anyone and everyone, not just those who are in the top enchelons of the game. To do otherwise is to make the game elitist and that would drive players, both bad and good, away. 

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 31 January 2018 - 07:59 PM.

Jigabachi #20 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

Why only at tier ten and not throughout the entire tree?

And why not choosing some more intelligent requirements based on actual skill?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users