Call me Bond, failed Bond

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

_Davidge_ #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

From my perspective entire bonds idea, in this moment,  is  faliure.

reasons:

1.Bonds are extremly difficult to obtain,and require massive amount of playing to get them even during the current action, let alone without action or campaign.

2.The improved equipment obtainable by bonds  is to expencive for bonds to have any meaning.

Playing 6 months or even one year !(in my case) to be able to buy one peace of improved equipment (5000 bonds!) that enhances some capability of the tank for 2%(or less?).This game is 6 years old and I need to play 1 year to collect enough bonds for one single peace of equipment that enhances tank capability of just one of my 100 tanks by 1 %????

And that is just one tank. One can't even remove the equipment without additional bonds.

3.Directives, activated by spending  bonds ,  is utter trashing of bonds and insult for everyone with IQ over 100 or less than 1000 battles played since spending so haevily earned bonds for one battle with such neglibeable given  bonus (in the battles that are RNG dependant, dependant on luck!)  is totaly ridiculous.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 08:44 PM.

Eaglax #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 18 January 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

For now you can use bonds to get improved equipment, directives and if you are a clan player special vehicles for the Operation Gambit campaign, so there are already several ways to use them. We are working on other ways to use bonds in the future, but unfortunately i can't share more about this at this point since our plans are not finalized yet.  Actually, I realized that we shared this information at WGfest about this: we’re considering making customization items and vehicles available with Bonds and plan to add even more ways to acquire this new currency in 2018.

Sure, the multiplier will be x30 :)

I'm saving my bonds right now, maybe I can buy a shiny tank in the future :child:

Ziurawka #3 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21521 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

If you don't get how an additional 2% of a particular stat can somehow make a tank work then why do you care anyway?

The only utter bullcrap is that until now this equipment has been practically reserved for tier X players.  

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11070 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

reasons:

1.Bonds are extremly difficult to obtain,and require massive amount of playing to get them even during the current action, let alone without action or campaign.

2.The improved equipment obtainable by bonds  is to expencive for bonds to have any meaning.

Playing 6 months or even one year !(in my case) to be able to buy one peace of improved equipment (5000 bonds!) that enhances some capability of the tank for 2%(or less?).This game is 6 years old and I need to play 1 year to collect enough bonds for one single peace of equipment that enhances tank capability of just one of my 100 tanks by 1 %????

And that is just one tank. One can't even remove the equipment without additional bonds.

3.Orders, activated by spending  bonds ,  is utter trashing of bonds and insult for everyone with IQ over 100, since spending so haevily earned bonds for one battle with such neglibeable given  bonus (in the batles that are RNG dependant, dependant on luck!)  is totaly ridiculous.

Fully agree!

I have no idea why anyone would want to grind for hours to get some of these bonds. I get that if you play 2-3 hours a day anyway its a nice bonus, but to go out of your way for this.... 

I'm saving the few bonds I get in case something decent comes up. But the amount required for something decent would probably be impossibly high.... because otherwise everybody stupid enough to put alot of effort in this will start whining they only got an improved rammer.

_Davidge_ #5 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View PostZiurawka, on 31 January 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

If you don't get how an additional 2% of a particular stat can somehow make a tank work then why do you care anyway?

The only utter bullcrap is that until now this equipment has been practically reserved for tier X players.

oh believe me I would like to be able to check  no-Bond option but this "thing" is sitting there , doing.....waiting for....."something"...

I have  2000 bonds, which I gathered in 6 months (in this period I have played overal at least 1500 battles  I suppose), so I will need at least  entire one year to collect 5000 bonds to improve one tank for 2 % ( in fact improved vents 7.5% over 5%(2.5% effectively)of the normal vents is actually just 1 % effective crew improvement.

Isn't that ridicluous?

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 08:36 PM.

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Or just use the directives...

I don't get it. WG gives away a new type of currency for no additional effort on the part of the player, just play and you'll get some, and people complain. Go figure. 

Ziurawka #7 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21521 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

I think you misunderstood. 

Improved coated optics on a scout for example can give you a 10-20m view range difference vs the same tank with everything topped except the equipment.

If you want to push your limits to 3 mark something difficult for example - you will probably reach a point when the bond equipment seems not only legit but necessary. 

What I believe is unfair is that tier X players were the only ones with access to this equipment which then can be put on lower tier tanks. 

Which means that to remain competitive one had to play tier X. 

iztok #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Bonds, what bonds? ;)

Seriously, I DON'T CARE. If WG thinks I'll start losing more of my time for playing WoT because of bonds, they miscalculated badly. Reward is waaay too low, frustration faaaar too high. :(

BR,  Iztok

View PostZiurawka, on 31 January 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Improved coated optics on a scout for example can give you a 10-20m view range difference vs the same tank with everything topped except the equipment.

Do some checking. Any improvement for 100%+ crew usually gives in about half the stated percentage (Like vents, BiA...). On a 400m view you'll likely get 4 meters. FOR 5000 BONDS !?! :sceptic:

BR, Iztok

Edited by Daxeno, 01 February 2018 - 01:52 PM.

Trostani #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46586 battles
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

oh believe me I would like to be able to check  no-Bond option but this "thing" is sitting there , doing.....waiting for....."something"...

I have  2000 bonds, which I gathered in 6 months (in this period I have played overal at least 1500 battles  I suppose), so I will need at least  entire one year to collect 5000 bonds to improve one tank for 2 % ( in fact improved vents 7.5% over 5%(2.5% effectively)of the normal vents is actually just 1 % effective crew improvement.

Isn't that ridicluous?

​Lol, 2000 bonds in 6 months, start to play X tier and you can earn 200-300 bonds daily easily. Bonds are designed as a high-end reward for playing high-end game modes (tier X randoms, tier X ranking battles, CW campaigns, etc.), I have currently 14k bonds and don't feel that they are hard to earn. 

_Davidge_ #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 31 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Or just use the directives...

I don't get it. WG gives away a new type of currency for no additional effort on the part of the player, just play and you'll get some, and people complain. Go figure.

Directives, activated by spending  bonds ,  is utter trashing of bonds and insult for everyone with IQ over 100 or less than 1000 battles played since spending so haevily earned bonds for one battle with such neglibeable given  bonus (in the battles that are RNG dependant, dependant on luck!)  is totaly ridiculous.

_Davidge_ #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View PostTrostani, on 31 January 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

​Lol, 2000 bonds in 6 months, start to play X tier and you can earn 200-300 bonds daily easily. Bonds are designed as a high-end reward for playing high-end game modes (tier X randoms, tier X ranking battles, CW campaigns, etc.), I have currently 14k bonds and don't feel that they are hard to earn.

I play E 100 every day and get few bonds in each battle that is win.

200-300 bonds...daily.?

You are kidding me.please note I am average player, and working class, I have no time, and skill, I am average (90% of players are such ).

You certainly talk about this days (action) when, after brain damaging 4 hour  gameplay we can get 100+150=250 bonds .

Yes of this 2000 bonds , 1000 Bonds I actually got last few days.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 08:54 PM.

BonjiOrongji #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40906 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

View Postiztok, on 31 January 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Do some checking. Any improvement for 100%+ crew usually gives in about half the stated percentage (Like vents, BiA...). On a 400m view you'll likely get 4 meters. FOR 5000 BONDS !?! :sceptic:

BR, Iztok

vents, bia etc give 100% the stated percentage ... it seems you fail to read/understand what these things actually do

lord_chipmonk #13 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Directives, activated by spending  bonds ,  is utter trashing of bonds and insult for everyone with IQ over 100 or less than 1000 battles played since spending so haevily earned bonds for one battle with such neglibeable given  bonus (in the battles that are RNG dependant, dependant on luck!)  is totaly ridiculous.

So on the one hand you're saying that improved equipment is so expensive it makes bonds worthless, but on the other hand it is a waste of bonds to get the thing that only require a small number of bonds. So, are bonds worthless or do they have value? Make your mind up. 

_Davidge_ #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 31 January 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

So on the one hand you're saying that improved equipment is so expensive it makes bonds worthless, but on the other hand it is a waste of bonds to get the thing that only require a small number of bonds. So, are bonds worthless or do they have value? Make your mind up.

Yes.

To gett something from Bonds, something that has any meaning agains RNG, that means that is permanent and usable over long time over many battles (means- improved equipment) you have to spent for average WG player extortionate emount of gameplay and time, and for what- for 1-2% improvement on one single tank. Ridiculously hard and very quiestionably significant.

Spending something so painfuly earned for one battle Dirrective, a one battle that is subject of RNG (random luck)more than anything  is ridiculous in its own merit.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 09:01 PM.

lord_chipmonk #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Yes.

To getti something that has any meaning agains RNG, that means that is permanent and usable over long time (equipment) you have to spent for average WG player extortionate emount of gameplay and time.

Spending something so painfuully earned for one batle that is subject of RNG (randome luck) is ridiculous in its own merit.

You might have a point if you had the grind them, but the game literally gives them to you for just playing the game. You only have to grind if you want the improved equipment, in which case buckle up for tier 10. If you just play the game regularly though, you will still get some that you can either save up for ages and get a single piece of equipment or spend on directives for temporary, but situationally useful boosts. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 31 January 2018 - 09:01 PM.

_Davidge_ #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 31 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

You might have a point if you had the grind them, but the game literally gives them to you for just playing the game.

Yes as I said by random play( I am a working class, work almost every day and also every second weekend) , I earned 1000 bonds in 6 months plus 1000 bonds this week's missions (playing every second day when I can).

Mathemathically, against RNG/MM , which can be evened only trough many battles, only meaning is in obtaining permanent equipment that is for me not reachable..by this tempo I will need one year to get 5000 bonds.( I dream of vents for my Lowe....)

Dirrectives shoud be explained for people as they are= mathematical(statistical) idiocy,spending hard earned bonds on single battles that are governed by pure luck, RNG/MM.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 09:14 PM.

Trostani #17 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46586 battles
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX

Wayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

I play E 100 every day and get few bonds in each battle that is win.

200-300 bonds...daily.?

You are kidding me.please note I am average player, and working class, I have no time, and skill, I am average (90% of players are such ).

You certainly talk about this days (action) when, after brain damaging 4 hour  gameplay we can get 100+150=250 bonds .

Yes of this 2000 bonds , 1000 Bonds I actually got last few days.

No, I'm not talking about current mission, good game at tier X is 15-20 bonds, very good 20+. This is not a reward for playing VI or VIII tier, whinning for this is like a whinning that 3rd league can't get same rewards like 1st league.

lord_chipmonk #18 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yes as I said by random play( I am a working class, work almost every day and also every second weekend) , I earned 1000 bonds in 6 months plus 1000 bonds this week's missions (playing every second day when I can).

Mathemathically, agains RNG , which can be evened only trough many battles, only meaning is in obtaining permanent equipment that is for me not reachable..by this tempo I will need one year to get 5000 bonds.( I dream of vents for my Lowe....)

Dirrectives shoud be explained for people as they are= mathematical(statistical) idiocy,spending hard earned bonds on single battles that are governed by pure luck, RNG/MM.

If directives are useless because battles are "governed by pure luck, RNG/MM", then the same would be true of improved equipment, so what's the big deal. 

You are literally complaining about being given free stuff. 

_Davidge_ #19 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11818 battles

View PostTrostani, on 31 January 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

No, I'm not talking about current mission, good game at tier X is 15-20 bonds, very good 20+. This is not a reward for playing VI or VIII tier, whinning for this is like a whinning that 3rd league can't get same rewards like 1st league.

In that case, if the Bonds are  truly elithistic 1st league currency, It was mistake to spread its earning on lower tiers, unnecessary teasing with something that is simply not affordable for avearge people. It should have stayed for 1st league as you call it.

Still,  why they spread ways of earning Bonds if they are so easily obtainable by 1st league, shouldn't 1st league be satissfied and sufficient in its self-endulging sense of superiority?

Edited by Wayward_Current, 31 January 2018 - 10:10 PM.

OreH75 #20 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47901 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostWayward_Current, on 31 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Lol Why. I use it for sixth sense when I have a commander who is still training it. And sometimes I use optics or rammer directive..I can do that a lot of time on different directives for 5000 bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users