Jump to content


ST-I/ST-1 Crew Skills/Perks


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

NickyNPower #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24907 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

So, as the title says, any advice?

 

I have basics, full BIA and repairs and sixth sense.

 

Also do IS-3 line and KV-4 line crews differ or they can be similar as I already have 5-skill IS-3 crew which can be used as an orientation


Edited by NickyNPower, 01 February 2018 - 08:41 AM.


Aikl #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,042
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Basics? Standard HT skills are roughly this:

 

C: SS/BiA/Repairs/Sit.Aw/Recon (alt. sub Recon for JOAT; not a terrible idea if you run small medkits)

G: BiA/Repairs/Snap Shot/(armourer or deadeye, alt. FF/camo if you choose that on the loaders)

D: BiA/Repairs/Off-Road/Smooth Ride/Clutch Braking

L1: BiA/Repairs/Safe Stowage/(FF/Camo depending on others)

L2: BiA/Repairs/Adrenaline Rush/(FF/Camo depending on others)

 

Obviously pick the Firefighting skill if you use food on your tanks; even with an extinguisher it could save your behind - even the automatic one doesn't repair fuel tanks after you've been set on fire, after all. Camo isn't particularly useful on heavies, though it beats picking some of the more useless skills available.

 

I don't believe heavy tanks differ much in terms of skill choices. Heck, it doesn't differ much between classes, either, there are basically only minor variations due to very specific skills.


Edited by Aikl, 01 February 2018 - 09:16 AM.


NickyNPower #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24907 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

View PostAikl, on 01 February 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Basics? Standard HT skills are roughly this:

 

C: SS/BiA/Repairs/Sit.Aw/Recon (alt. sub Recon for JOAT; not a terrible idea if you run small medkits)

G: BiA/Repairs/Snap Shot/(armourer or deadeye, alt. FF/camo if you choose that on the loaders)

D: BiA/Repairs/Off-Road/Smooth Ride/Clutch Braking

L1: BiA/Repairs/Safe Stowage/(FF/Camo depending on others)

L2: BiA/Repairs/Adrenaline Rush/(FF/Camo depending on others)

 

Obviously pick the Firefighting skill if you use food on your tanks; even with an extinguisher it could save your behind - even the automatic one doesn't repair fuel tanks after you've been set on fire, after all. Camo isn't particularly useful on heavies, though it beats picking some of the more useless skills available.

 

I don't believe heavy tanks differ much in terms of skill choices. Heck, it doesn't differ much between classes, either, there are basically only minor variations due to very specific skills.

 

Thx for the answer. 

 

But I disagree with you about skills variating between classes.

Of course basics (BIA, sixth sense, repairs) are pretty much always the first skills, but for example, on my light tank crews I put camo instead of repairs as basic skill ( what I mean wtih basic is 1st and 2nd skill) so for me it variates between classes. And what about arties, do you need snapshot and things like that on them? So in my opinion, for every class and even for different kind of tanks in the same class crew skills can differ depending on tank stats and playstyle.



Laur_Balaur_XD #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35365 battles
  • 640
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

+1 at what Aikl said, but i would pick smooth ride and snap shot sooner than repairs - like being the second skill picked after you get BIA working.

Also i would strongly recommend picking Fire Fighting over camo, camo is literally useless on heavy tanks.



Aikl #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,042
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostNickyNPower, on 01 February 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

 

Thx for the answer. 

 

But I disagree with you about skills variating between classes.

Of course basics (BIA, sixth sense, repairs) are pretty much always the first skills, but for example, on my light tank crews I put camo instead of repairs as basic skill ( what I mean wtih basic is 1st and 2nd skill) so for me it variates between classes. And what about arties, do you need snapshot and things like that on them? So in my opinion, for every class and even for different kind of tanks in the same class crew skills can differ depending on tank stats and playstyle.

 

Obviously, which skills you should prioritize differs on class, but what you end up with tends to be rather similar - with rather minor variations. Obviously not all skills are relevant for all classes, but my four-five skill medium crew have just about the exact same skills as my light tanks.

 

Artillery probably has the most difference in terms of skill choices, though they still benefit from many of the same skills as other tanks. Snap Shot affect turretless vehicles as well, for instance.

 

View PostIulian_ro, on 01 February 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

+1 at what Aikl said, but i would pick smooth ride and snap shot sooner than repairs - like being the second skill picked after you get BIA working.

Also i would strongly recommend picking Fire Fighting over camo, camo is literally useless on heavy tanks.

 

​Yeah, at least on the ST-I, turret armour isn't strong enough to sit still and aim, exactly. On IS-3/T-10 Snap Shot has less of a benefit, seeing as the dispersion on turret rotation is so low to begin with - and 1/4 crew without repairs hurt a tad more than 1/5. Down to taste, I guess.

 

Firefighting is arguably better, though camo still works. Question is if the miniscule boost to camo helps more or less than the minor boost to damage taken when you get set on fire. FF has helped my Löwe a few times, which seems very prone to fire when shot in the rear.


Edited by Aikl, 01 February 2018 - 09:52 AM.


NickyNPower #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24907 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

View PostAikl, on 01 February 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

 

Obviously, which skills you should prioritize differs on class, but what you end up with tends to be rather similar - with rather minor variations. Obviously not all skills are relevant for all classes, but my four-five skill medium crew have just about the exact same skills as my light tanks.

 

Artillery probably has the most variation in terms of skill choices, though they still benefit from many of the same skills as other tanks. Snap Shot affects turretless vehicles as well, for instance.

 

Yea, that's true, you end up with the same things in the end, then maybe they should make even more skills/perks so we can have wide variety of them to waste our lifes on grinding those girls (and boys)  :D

Aikl #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:53 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,042
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostNickyNPower, on 01 February 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

 

Yea, that's true, you end up with the same things in the end, then maybe they should make even more skills/perks so we can have wide variety of them to waste our lifes on grinding those girls (and boys)  :D

 

Yeah; doubt they'll extend the system, but there is probably room for making skill choices a bit more interesting. Not really possible given the stats the current skills boost, though - they're mostly good for all tanks after all.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users