#help needed

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

deviljin786 #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11836 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

Ladies and Gentlemen I seriously am struggling with the game right now. 

At first I thought it was a bad steak but this has been going on for a whole week. Anyone able to give me any advice on how to play better as my Wn8 is rising but my WR is taking a dive? 

http://www.wotstats....eu/deviljin786/

Thanks 

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 18361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Don't worry too much about your wr. Sometimes it's just day after day of teammates who play for the enemy team. Your streak might end tomorrow or a week. So far your damage output doesn't look that bad. You aren't too passive either judging by your spots. Just keep playing not really worrying too much about wr but about damage or just take a break for a day or two.

Sirebellus #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17432 battles
so in 3 weeks your win rate has dropped 0.15% and you WN8 has increased by 0.8%...

The thing to do is stop worrying about such small amounts...

deviljin786 #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11836 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostEnforcer1975, on 01 February 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Don't worry too much about your wr. Sometimes it's just day after day of teammates who play for the enemy team. Your streak might end tomorrow or a week. So far your damage output doesn't look that bad. You aren't too passive either judging by your spots. Just keep playing not really worrying too much about wr but about damage or just take a break for a day or two.

I Suppose but I really don't see the point in performing well if half my team do less then 500 damage as top tier.. 

View PostSirebellus, on 01 February 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

so in 3 weeks your win rate has dropped 0.15% and you WN8 has increased by 0.8%...

The thing to do is stop worrying about such small amounts...

yeah but it starts to build up rather quickly 

K_A #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yes, you've hit a rough couple hundred battles, but your recents (last 1000 battles) are still 2% over your overall winrate so you're going in the right direction.

Your average tier for those last 200 battles is a full 2 tiers higher (8.5) than your overall average tier (6.7) which could explain a part of where you're struggling. Your tier 10 winarate is substantially lower than any of the other tiers and so if you've played that a lot recently, it might explain things. I'm the same, I only have a couple tier 10 tanks and not a lot of experience in them yet, so my tier 10 winrate is a lot lower than 6-7-8-9 too. Add to that just a normal bad patch and you are where you are right now.

dimethylcadmium #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4556 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
You've been playing the m4190 gf a lot in the past 7 days. You are either not a good light tank player or you are playing poorly for some reason. 44% WR after 70 battles in blackdog is not good, the tank is well capable of doing 55%+ WR.

Mule_Skinner #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3001 battles

Gawd, you suck!

{methinks this is a woe-is-me-here-are-my-crappy-stats but really a brag post}

Dr_ownape #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40613 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 01 February 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

You've been playing the m4190 gf a lot in the past 7 days. You are either not a good light tank player or you are playing poorly for some reason. 44% WR after 70 battles in blackdog is not good, the tank is well capable of doing 55%+ WR.

yeah but it is a light and difficult to carry games depending on how you play it. If he is shooting and not spotting then he is just another tank and not helping his team. Therefore unlikely to have a positive impact on WR.  - not saying this is what he is doing, just highlighting that WR in lights is dependant on spotting, assisting and not farming WN8.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIvoZ82Z, on 01 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

[deleted]

[edited due to deletion of quoted posts]

Edited by Jigabachi, 02 February 2018 - 03:31 PM.

dimethylcadmium #10 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4556 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostDr_ownape, on 01 February 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

yeah but it is a light and difficult to carry games depending on how you play it. If he is shooting and not spotting then he is just another tank and not helping his team. Therefore unlikely to have a positive impact on WR.  - not saying this is what he is doing, just highlighting that WR in lights is dependant on spotting, assisting and not farming WN8.

WR in lights can be changed by dealing damage at the right place and the right time and by simply living long enough to help your heavies/meds outnumber a problematic enemy. Some maps are so poorly made for Lights that you can't spot at all or do assist damage through spotting (Pilsen, Stalingrad, Himmelsdorf, to name a few)

Brodie_ #11 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76002 battles

Watch Quickybaby on YouTube & Twitch!

He actually explains what he is doing. 

Also watch Jingles, How not to suck,  videos on YouTube aswell!

There old but still very relevant.

Good luck!  

deviljin786 #12 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11836 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 01 February 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

yeah i'm finding it really tough to play with the bulldog, my only other lights are the french so iim not really used to it yet. 

View PostDr_ownape, on 01 February 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

yeah so true. whenever i shoot and try to run i always get hit, seem a bit big and slow initially compared to a few others. 

View PostBrodie_, on 01 February 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Watch Quickybaby on YouTube & Twitch!

He actually explains what he is doing. 

Also watch Jingles, How not to suck,  videos on YouTube aswell!

There old but still very relevant.

Good luck!  

yeah i watch him and a few other to learn how they play etc. 

dimethylcadmium #13 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4556 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Well there you have it. WR drop because of playing a light tank you are not used to, and WN8 went up because wn8 is easy to get with light tanks

freddiebox #14 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

Been stuck in a losing streak for more than a week with maybe one spontaneous victory every few days. Seems to happen to everyone but that don't make it any more right for Wargmaing to dictate our ability to carry. Losing streaks is a poor man's way of trying to balance the game as often enough losing streaks kicks in after winning too much. You can actually feel when the game decide to place you in the preset for losing. E.g. you can have ten battles in a row where you have a somewhat impact in the battle. But then out of the blue you land on the team getting obliterated and you are some of the first to get destroyed in some of the most ridiculous ways, like artillery firing blind, or enemy tanks getting extremely high damage rolls on you. And this keeps going for weeks. Doesn't matter how good you are. Even if you try to stay on top and carry your team, or out of pure frustration try different tactics you will always end up losing the battle.

And there are still alot of people defending Wargaming blaming bad luck and coincidence. That is the beauty of Wargaming's freemium model. The only cure for this I find effective is whenever I feel I'm about to enter the usual losing streak, I immediately exit the game and switch to another account and play some battles there. And the shady part is when switching accounts you don't suffer anymore from losing until that account is also being prepped for losing by Wargaming. When that happens just switch back to the primary account and hopefully it should be ready to be played normally again. I repeat this process and so far I have not been stuck in losing streaks for too much lately. Obvious rigged system if people bother to pay attention.

Edited by freddiebox, 02 February 2018 - 12:36 PM.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19626 battles

It's just streak of mediocre luck.

Besides you have a better winrate than me past ~50 or so games, even though I have way better stats during that... .so you aren't exactly in a bad streak either. Neither am I.

If it bothers you, take a break or play less.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 02 February 2018 - 12:29 PM.

9IBrownie #16 Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23174 battles
  • [507] 507

Seems reasonable. Keep in mind though, that the Black Dog is the best tier 8 scout you can get.

I guess you know the basics already, but I have some short tips:

As a scout, surviving is the key to victory. Try different things on each map until something works well, then refine on that playstyle. Don't be too agressive against enemy scouts early in the match, because they will have a lot of backup. Try to counter their positions instead.

OneSock #17 Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32650 battles
  • [FUB4R] FUB4R

There are two things you have to understand.

Firstly, WN8 naturally goes up when WR goes down. Think about it. The worse your team is, the harder you have to work. Conversely if your team is really good you will get a smaller share of the damage. so yeah, totally normal.

Secondly, if you consciously try to boost your WN8 by sitting back and damage farming, you could be throwing away tactical advantages that might win a game. Scoring 2000 damage at the end of the game when you are hopelessly outnumbered is totally useless. You need to do the damage up front or at the right time and get into the fight. Sometimes you even have to throw your HP away to gain the upper hand and swing a loss to a win.

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postdeviljin786, on 01 February 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I seriously am struggling with the game right now. 

At first I thought it was a bad steak but this has been going on for a whole week. Anyone able to give me any advice on how to play better as my Wn8 is rising but my WR is taking a dive? 

http://www.wotstats....eu/deviljin786/

Thanks 

If you want to know. Post a few replays or toon up with LordMuffin in game, and he can surely tell you what he thinks you are missing.

You can probably ask Brumbarr aswell, or wundewurst or Cobra6. But I am not 100% certain.

StinkyStonky #19 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25099 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

LoL @ that new dude having all his posts deleted :trollface:

To the OP ...  my suspicion is that you've recently upped your average tier.

At tier 9 & 10 it's easy to achieve a high WN8 but it still not be enough to actually influence/carry the game.

So you're getting a good WN8 at all tiers, but at lower tiers you're also contributing to the carry, but not at the high tiers.  At the low tiers you're a great player, but at tier 10, you're quite mediocre.

deviljin786 #20 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11836 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostStinkyStonky, on 02 February 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

LoL @ that new dude having all his posts deleted :trollface:

To the OP ...  my suspicion is that you've recently upped your average tier.

At tier 9 & 10 it's easy to achieve a high WN8 but it still not be enough to actually influence/carry the game.

So you're getting a good WN8 at all tiers, but at lower tiers you're also contributing to the carry, but not at the high tiers.  At the low tiers you're a great player, but at tier 10, you're quite mediocre.

yeah only issue i have with the bulldog is when facing t10s there's not much you can do especially when your top tiers just drive straight into the enemy... 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 02 February 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

If you want to know. Post a few replays or toon up with LordMuffin in game, and he can surely tell you what he thinks you are missing.

You can probably ask Brumbarr aswell, or wundewurst or Cobra6. But I am not 100% certain.

yeah I will ask them and take in their advice. 

View PostOneSock, on 02 February 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

There are two things you have to understand.

Firstly, WN8 naturally goes up when WR goes down. Think about it. The worse your team is, the harder you have to work. Conversely if your team is really good you will get a smaller share of the damage. so yeah, totally normal.

Secondly, if you consciously try to boost your WN8 by sitting back and damage farming, you could be throwing away tactical advantages that might win a game. Scoring 2000 damage at the end of the game when you are hopelessly outnumbered is totally useless. You need to do the damage up front or at the right time and get into the fight. Sometimes you even have to throw your HP away to gain the upper hand and swing a loss to a win.

yeah but usually its too late as the score is 2-10 and no matter what I try to do to help the team it doesn't seem to work. could be bad mm curse I have atm. 

View Post9IBrownie, on 02 February 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Seems reasonable. Keep in mind though, that the Black Dog is the best tier 8 scout you can get.

I guess you know the basics already, but I have some short tips:

As a scout, surviving is the key to victory. Try different things on each map until something works well, then refine on that playstyle. Don't be too agressive against enemy scouts early in the match, because they will have a lot of backup. Try to counter their positions instead.

yeah that's what i usually do when there is more then 1 scout in the game, however my scout team mate will most likely camp behind a bush for the entire game or do a 180 and chase the scouts into the enemy lines and die pretty quickly. 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 02 February 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

It's just streak of mediocre luck.

Besides you have a better winrate than me past ~50 or so games, even though I have way better stats during that... .so you aren't exactly in a bad streak either. Neither am I.

If it bothers you, take a break or play less.

yeah I go to the gym when I've had enough. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users