• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

muso_cz #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

problem for me SOLVEDhttp://forum.worldof...6#entry15356686

hi, in last days, allways between around 7-9 pm i can not play... heavy laging. this is my ping plotter screens and it is look like problem is on wg servers, what i can do? thx

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu.png   885.62K
  • Attached File   login.p2.worldoftanks.eu.png   728.98K

Edited by muso_cz, 04 February 2018 - 07:48 AM.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14825 battles

Are you playing via WiFi? If yes, try again using Ethernet. 2.4 GHz WiFi networks cannot perform well in urban locations due to channel congestion, especially around the primetime.

Reason: Your router (Hop 1) has a large amount of packetloss.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 01 February 2018 - 09:28 PM.

Tomax96 #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19086 battles
Something is wrong with the game or the servers for sure. The last few days i had terrible ping in the evening. From like 6pm it went up to the 70s, 80s, meanwhile, afternoon it was fine, being at mostly around 30. I don't know what's up but the EU servers are definitely the problem.

Homer_J #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You've got 52% packet loss to your own router and you are blaming the server?

Not sure why you've blanked out those other IP addresses, it certainly doesn't help us help you but I suspect it's due to your lack of understanding.

muso_cz #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

View PostHomer_J, on 01 February 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

You've got 52% packet loss to your own router and you are blaming the server?

Not sure why you've blanked out those other IP addresses, it certainly doesn't help us help you but I suspect it's due to your lack of understanding.

have i look here: https://www.pingman....ent_100__packet

im not blaming wot servers, i am trying find out, why it is laging only around 7-9pm, then it is going better and better and finaly w/o any problem. u dont need to see other IP adresses as these have no problem at all...

edit: another explanation about 1hop errors:

One poorly responding router

Why does one particular hop in the route often show a really bad time (or doesn't respond at all) - but the hop right after it performs well?

Solution

Some routers just don't prioritize timed out ICMP requests very high (ICMP requests where the TTL equals 0 after reaching them). If the hop right after consistently performs well, just don't factor this hop into your troubleshooting equation (i.e. ignore it).

In the screenshot above, hop 4 is a great example of this - hop 4 shows packet loss and high latency, but downstream hops (5- 11) look great. Since data getting to hop 5 needs to go through hop 4, this is normal and it's not anything that needs to be chased as a problem. Hop 2 is another example of this.

Another possibility here is that an intermediate hop might use a return route that is different than the hop following (or the final destination). This can mean there is a problem with one return route but not another. Since each hop makes its own decisions about routing, this can definitely happen.

The important thing to remember is that the only thing that really matters is the final destination. If the final hop is showing 0% packet loss and acceptable latency, then all the hops before that can show all kinds of errors and as long as the final destination isn't affected, then this is an artifact of router configuration, and there is no problem.

Edited by muso_cz, 01 February 2018 - 10:24 PM.

muso_cz #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 01 February 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Are you playing via WiFi? If yes, try again using Ethernet. 2.4 GHz WiFi networks cannot perform well in urban locations due to channel congestion, especially around the primetime.

Reason: Your router (Hop 1) has a large amount of packetloss.

thank you, i am on cabel connection, looking for why i have hop1 errors... support from ping plotter about it anwer this: https://www.pingman....ent_100__packet

what do u thing?

Korn_Italia #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 21640 battles
  • [GASIT] GASIT
me too, in the evening it's unplayble, instead battlefield is perfect

Homer_J #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmuso_cz, on 01 February 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

thank you, i am on cabel connection, looking for why i have hop1 errors... support from ping plotter about it anwer this: https://www.pingman....ent_100__packet

what do u thing?

First try rebooting your router.

Also, what's the ping interval set to in pingpotter? Sometimes pinging too often can overload the router.

muso_cz #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS
there is my ping plotter with hop1 graph as well, my router (from vodafone) is not anwering after some time to time, maybe some protection again hammering with same requests or similar?

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p2.worldoftanks.eu2.png   745.6K

Balc0ra #10 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62851 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTomax96, on 01 February 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Something is wrong with the game or the servers for sure. The last few days i had terrible ping in the evening. From like 6pm it went up to the 70s, 80s, meanwhile, afternoon it was fine, being at mostly around 30. I don't know what's up but the EU servers are definitely the problem.

As OP had a local network issue. And it's fine for most here all day. Do like he did, run a trace to see if it's on your end or loss of data on the way. As if it was the servers or the game. Everyone would have issues.

muso_cz #11 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

View PostHomer_J, on 01 February 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

First try rebooting your router.

Also, what's the ping interval set to in pingpotter? Sometimes pinging too often can overload the router.

thank you, of course, pc restarted, router restarted couple times, lots of services disabled (steam, etc) ... but it has no effect... a im experiencing this issue every night, today i am just start looking if it is my problem or not, cause now i can not play at all, tanks in wot jumping 1-2 meters every 1-2 second... eu2 little better then eu1, after this peak time (7pm-9pm) i can play with small lags (9pm-11pm) then everything ok... for me it look like something wrong with wot server, but i am still looking for any suggestion, interval is 1 sec now

Edited by muso_cz, 01 February 2018 - 10:11 PM.

250swb #12 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20814 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmuso_cz, on 01 February 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

i am trying find out, why it is laging only around 7-9pm, then it is going better and better and finaly w/o any problem.

Because your next door neighbours kid is doing his homework, go round and tell him to finish it earlier.

muso_cz #13 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

View Post250swb, on 01 February 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Because your next door neighbours kid is doing his homework, go round and tell him to finish it earlier.

thx, but are u really thing, that i am so stupid... next one help will be 3x twist on my chair... omg, keep this for trolling in game chat...

Tomax96 #14 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19086 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 February 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

As OP had a local network issue. And it's fine for most here all day. Do like he did, run a trace to see if it's on your end or loss of data on the way. As if it was the servers or the game. Everyone would have issues.

Okay, didn't want to bother a lot with it, so only ran it for 4 minutes. 

https://i.imgur.com/9U21JWt.jpg (I have no idea how to attach a thumbnail or whatever that is)

Also, i can't see any packet loss, it's just that the ping is high. But as I said, my network is completely fine, using a router, so no wi-fi [edited], and it's only that high after like 6pm. And there's definitely something with the servers, it can't be a coincidence that suddenly some players have high ping.

m1ch #15 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16841 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

WoT became kind of unplayable for me in the past few days, too. Doesn't matter if it's EU1 or EU2. And I don't think it's on my end simply because it was running just fine earlier. I'm using TP-Link Archer T6E with TP-Link RE355 for 5 GHz Wi-Fi network so I have 80-100% signal strength all the time, with even repeater showing "high" signal. Doesn't matter if I connect at 2.4 GHz through repeater or directly to my router. So you'll say that it must be Wi-Fi causing the issue? Have a look at the last screenshot where I had no game running and I was on my laptop with wired connection, also rocking packet loss. I'm pretty sure that would happily teleport my tank if I had the game opened.

EU1 sample #1, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/gpuFBRU.png

EU1 sample #2, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/JEqX8tG.png

EU2 sample, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/BEwOqkw.png

EU1 sample, wired connection with no game running: https://i.imgur.com/f91oBiu.png

Ticketed WG with all of the above, waiting for reply.

Aikl #16 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTomax96, on 01 February 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Okay, didn't want to bother a lot with it, so only ran it for 4 minutes. 

https://i.imgur.com/9U21JWt.jpg (I have no idea how to attach a thumbnail or whatever that is)

Also, i can't see any packet loss, it's just that the ping is high. But as I said, my network is completely fine, using a router, so no wi-fi [edited], and it's only that high after like 6pm. And there's definitely something with the servers, it can't be a coincidence that suddenly some players have high ping.

That one looks allright. Ping is not great, of course, but there's no apparent problem. Routing between you and a server changes over time - here it changed from Oslo-Stockholm-???-Amsterdam to Oslo-Amsterdam not too long ago. Noticeable improvement.

View Postm1ch, on 01 February 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

WoT became kind of unplayable for me in the past few days, too. Doesn't matter if it's EU1 or EU2. And I don't think it's on my end simply because it was running just fine earlier. I'm using TP-Link Archer T6E with TP-Link RE355 for 5 GHz Wi-Fi network so I have 80-100% signal strength all the time, with even repeater showing "high" signal. Doesn't matter if I connect at 2.4 GHz through repeater or directly to my router. So you'll say that it must be Wi-Fi causing the issue? Have a look at the last screenshot where I had no game running and I was on my laptop with wired connection, also rocking packet loss. I'm pretty sure that would happily teleport my tank if I had the game opened.

EU1 sample #1, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/gpuFBRU.png

EU1 sample #2, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/JEqX8tG.png

EU2 sample, Wi-Fi connection with game running: https://i.imgur.com/BEwOqkw.png

EU1 sample, wired connection with no game running: https://i.imgur.com/f91oBiu.png

Ticketed WG with all of the above, waiting for reply.

Hard to tell exactly what the issue is, but it's either the router, modem, or your friendly local ISP having a shitty node next door. Something like that. I'd call the ISP tomorrow and ask for a diagnostics check. These are not issues that most people notice, unless they play games - and WoT is rather prone to these problems too. At least you notice the problems rather often.

View Postmuso_cz, on 01 February 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

there is my ping plotter with hop1 graph as well, my router (from vodafone) is not anwering after some time to time, maybe some protection again hammering with same requests or similar?

Obvious local problem. Router/modem failure? Overheating, perhaps? Actually had that on my modem recently, helped to put the hot side up and suspend it in the air in a more ventilated place. Again, ask the ISP for some support.

muso_cz #17 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS
back again, it is playable for me again, not with zero errors, but playable... as u can see on images, now aroung 10pm, is ping plotter on 3% packet lost (at 8pm was 22-25%) on wot server, so u can compare 8pm graph with 10pm graph... interval 1sec, packet lost on hop1 (route) was not really error, it is security feature agains hammering in short time requestings, let u know... i will be back around midnight with next graph... my time is dublin time zone.

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu8pm.png   827.33K
  • Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu10pm.png   832.07K

Edited by muso_cz, 01 February 2018 - 11:06 PM.

muso_cz #18 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS

View PostAikl, on 01 February 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Obvious local problem. Router/modem failure? Overheating, perhaps? Actually had that on my modem recently, helped to put the hot side up and suspend it in the air in a more ventilated place. Again, ask the ISP for some support.

thank you, looks like this router blocking pingplotter requests, for some time period, after he is requesting in very short time repeatly, i am was runing ping to eu1 and eu2 in same time in 1sec interval... now, when i am runing only eu1 in 1sec interval, router have no more issue with it... what do u thing? can be like this?

Aikl #19 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmuso_cz, on 01 February 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

thank you, looks like this router blocking pingplotter requests, for some time period, after he is requesting in very short time repeatly, i am was runing ping to eu1 and eu2 in same time in 1sec interval... now, when i am runing only eu1 in 1sec interval, router have no more issue with it... what do u thing? can be like this?

Rather likely that it blocks repeated attempts. Common feature of even certain nodes; it's not uncommon to use a two-second interval for that purpose.

Edited by Aikl, 01 February 2018 - 11:34 PM.

muso_cz #20 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19675 battles
  • [SASCS] SASCS
back again at 11pm (12 paris time) as u can see, much much better... and it is repeating every day....so where is problem? hmm?

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu11pm.png   708.69K

Edited by muso_cz, 02 February 2018 - 12:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users