Jump to content


ELC EVEN 90 - what buffs needs to be done b4 full release?


  • Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Simeon85 #41 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 1141 battles
  • 4,131
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostArchaean, on 02 February 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

 

You can laugh all you want, but it's not me who introduced this tank.

 

Look at this take objectively and it's plain as day what roll this tank is supposed to fulfill:

  1. fast and mobile
  2. Hard to hit
  3. good concealment
  4. and good spotting

 

Disregarding the maps and how much the maps allow for proper scouting, this tank just screams "I'm a spotter".

 

1. Not really, most other same tier lights have over 10 hp/ton more and turn much faster.

 

2. Never really been that an effective balancing factor, especially at higher tiers where gun handling is much better and with accuracy as it is where most shots go centre of the aim circle most of the time. Hence why derp guns can snipe so well. 

 

3. Again not really, not that much better than other lights, we are talking 30-40m difference of being spotted compared to many other light tanks and is still worse than the base camo of say Swedish TDs or an E-25. 

 

4. 380m view range, equal or worse to over 20 tier 8 heavy tanks. Enough said really.

 

A T32 to be honest is a better 'spotter'. It can park somewhere hull down, bounce everything and pimped out for view range will spot more as well. Plus it has a gun that works and HP etc. so it is actually useful in other roles. 



Strappster #42 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28613 battles
  • 11,483
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostDracheimFlug, on 02 February 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Not even sure why 50% crews exist. Crew quality makes such a huge difference in game. Just a punishment for newbies, really. 

 

They exist to make you think that grinding the credits to buy a 75% crew or spending gold for a full 100% crew isn't so bad after all.



Gremlin182 #43 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 60838 battles
  • 10,006
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

I bought it not played it yet might even wait till the next patch as I am busy playing other tanks right now.

Its come at a very bad time in the game after wargaming decided to change what light/scout tanks did to "give them their role back"

I hate to break it too them but they had that role and you kind of took it away in stages.

 

I am convinced that many of the game changes have been to save heavy tanks

Maps were too varied there were simply too many places a scout could go while remaining hidden same with tank destroyers..

The removal of a lot of cover means often an experienced player can be pretty certain where the spotting unit is.

Sixth sense goes off and there are 2 bushes well that's a 50/50 but the one on the left is the usual one so make that 70/30 bang oh look dead scout.

 

Then they decided fast light tanks who's role is apparently to spot do not actually need to have the best view range.

But you have the best camo so all you really need to do is get closer yeah right that's my role sorted.

Lets make the Gun accuracy and gun handling much worse because some light tank players are sniping and that's not the thing we like to see in wot.

They almost messed up the T92 which was not really worth getting until they buffed the engine and its health so it didnt lose that engine every time it was shot.

 

I will probably both like and hate the even 90 I love light tanks and it will probably be a bit of a challenmge.

As long as its got the lowest dpm and worst gun handling Its never going to be that good.

This is what you get for putting a 90mm gun on a tank smaller than the AMX ELC bis but which also has an extra crew member and a full turret, Its bound to affect the gun handling, this tank at tier 6 or 7 with a smaller gun could be fantastic,

 

Compared with the other premium light tanks its not that good.

https://tanks.gg/com...-13-57f~type-64

 

Compared to the other autoloading light tanks in the game same thing really.

https://tanks.gg/com...1-cmcd~b-c-12-t

 

I would suggest a much lower clip reload 29 .37 way way too long halve it 15 seconds for 3 shells would be reasonable.

Aim time needs improving



Enforcer1975 #44 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 21949 battles
  • 10,971
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
Put it in tier 7, reduce it's hp, keep the rest as it is.

iKnewIT #45 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 81913 battles
  • 1,305
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

View PostEnforcer1975, on 02 February 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Put it in tier 7, reduce it's hp, keep the rest as it is.

 

​And the price?

Edited by iKnewIT, 02 February 2018 - 12:58 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #46 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 72177 battles
  • 8,444
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

Have 84 games played in it so far. Aced it with 2166 damage and 1980 assisted abd have 57% winrate in it.

 

sure that winrate will drop a bit in the future but I would not say it is such a bad tank as most thought it would be.

 

Cammo is insane. Lowe at 73m didnt spot me.

Speed is great.

Size is great.

When stationary the gun is surprisingly good. Dont miss that much shots when fully aimed.

 

What in my humble opinion might be buffed a tiny bit is :

Reload is too long. make it 20 seconds and its fine.

Enginepower could be buffed a bit.

Terrainresistance could use a little buff. Certainly water is slowing you down way too much. With this long reload you need to get to a safe place quicker than now is possible.



jimbobjammybob #47 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 620 battles
  • 261
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

View PostMr_Burrows, on 02 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

 

I understand your point, I just do not agree with it. And this comes from experience, having a red tard shouting "go scaut!" when he is parked behind arty with this Tiger 1, trying to snipe across the map, just puts me off the "scout" thing. 

Wall-E is a light tank with decent view range and good camo. As such it surely can scout, but it is not "a scout". And as a light tank, it has too low DPM. This thing faces tier 10's. 

 

Still enjoy it immensely though, I will not deny that. Not at all. 

 

Which part did you not agree with? the part about not all light tanks being scouts or the part about it not being able to fight? I admit it can fight perhaps I meant cannot fight as well as its counterparts.

 

I have more experience believe it or not and am still struggling to understand what we disagree on. Read my posts I have not said anything that is contrary to the consensus on the thread. Its a very good scout and bad at fighting..

 

I reckon it is easy to assume I am saying it does not need to be buffed. I am not saying that btw all I actually am saying really is that the tank is a 1 trick pony and no good for stat padding or carrying morons!

 

 

 



_Flagada_Jones_ #48 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35218 battles
  • 1,684
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

Block Quote

Cammo is insane. Lowe at 73m didnt spot me.

 


With any full camo scout you can do this... Need more information about bush or not, moving or not...
 

Block Quote

​Speed is great.

 
Top speed is grea, acceleration and manoeuvrability are bad!

 

Block Quote

When stationary the gun is surprisingly good. Dont miss that much shots when fully aimed.

 

Missed 3 shots in a raw on a not moving skorpion, full aimed. 400meters max from me...
 

Mr_Burrows #49 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50713 battles
  • 2,478
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View Postjimbobjammybob, on 02 February 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

 

Which part did you not agree with? the part about not all light tanks being scouts or the part about it not being able to fight? I admit it can fight perhaps I meant cannot fight as well as its counterparts.

 

I have more experience believe it or not and am still struggling to understand what we disagree on. Read my posts I have not said anything that is contrary to the consensus on the thread. Its a very good scout and bad at fighting..

 

I reckon it is easy to assume I am saying it does not need to be buffed. I am not saying that btw all I actually am saying really is that the tank is a 1 trick pony and no good for stat padding or carrying morons!

 

 

 

 

Just very, very tired of the "scout" thing. Call it a light tank, and we can most likely agree on the rest. :)

And yes, I also think that you can agree with me on that this tank maybe should not be left at being a one trick pony but be given a few little well needed buffs. Nothing game breaking or anything to make it OP, just a couple of tweaks to make it a bit more like other lights at the same tier. This tanks biggest weapon is its lack of size. It needs just a tad more of other stuff too. 



Enforcer1975 #50 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 21949 battles
  • 10,971
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostiKnewIT, on 02 February 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

​And the price?

How much did the Type 62 cost?



_Flagada_Jones_ #51 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35218 battles
  • 1,684
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostMr_Burrows, on 02 February 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

 

Just very, very tired of the "scout" thing. Call it a light tank, and we can most likely agree on the rest. :)

And yes, I also think that you can agree with me on that this tank maybe should not be left at being a one trick pony but be given a few little well needed buffs. Nothing game breaking or anything to make it OP, just a couple of tweaks to make it a bit more like other lights at the same tier. This tanks biggest weapon is its lack of size. It needs just a tad more of other stuff too. 

 

All mission for obj 260 are scouting one or near...  So yes light are supposed to be scout.

Sure valentine II is not one... But near 90% of them are designed for it!

 



Mr_Burrows #52 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50713 battles
  • 2,478
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostLordante, on 02 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

All mission for obj 260 are scouting one or near...  So yes light are supposed to be scout.

Sure valentine II is not one... But near 90% of them are designed for it!

 

 

If we look at other auto loaders of the light tank class (which I vill never call "scouts" because you can scout in any sort of tank, i.e. spot the enemy so others on your team might shoot at them), the Wall E is superior in just one single thing, and that is being small. Annoying, some might call it. Heck yes, let's be annoying. 

But other than the lack of sheer size, it lacks in almost every aspect. DPM, pen, view range, mobility (it is a brick until you get your speed up and stops whenever you hit a fence, not to mention trees or water) - all this speaks against it being at tier 8. But I want to keep it there, it is interesting to play with the big stonka boys at tier 10. 

So buff it slightly? I cannot see any harm in that, au contraire it would just bring it up one notch. 

 

(Just looking at my garage I realized that the Bromwell, at tier 6, has a DPM of 2462 and that can then be nudged by adding a rammer...) 

 

Still love it though. Will not deny. 

 

 


Edited by Mr_Burrows, 02 February 2018 - 03:48 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #53 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 72177 battles
  • 8,444
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostLordante, on 02 February 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

 


With any full camo scout you can do this... Need more information about bush or not, moving or not...
 

 

In bush indeed and he was driving. But I doubt any scout could have done that. Just did a teamtraining in the bush on Malinovka. A Obj. 140 spotted me at 54m

_Flagada_Jones_ #54 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35218 battles
  • 1,684
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012
I just say light are scouts, WG broke them when they nerfed their view range.

Nothing else.

_Flagada_Jones_ #55 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35218 battles
  • 1,684
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 02 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

In bush indeed and he was driving. But I doubt any scout could have done that. Just did a teamtraining in the bush on Malinovka. A Obj. 140 spotted me at 54m

 

I always play passive scouts, no one can spot you behind bush, static with nets and good crew.

But in moving, ELC got a great camo!


BTW the 15mm armor makes him come back to pre arty change. anuthing lucky will get you to garage, even t6 arty...

Edited by Lordante, 02 February 2018 - 04:02 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #56 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 72177 battles
  • 8,444
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostLordante, on 02 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

I always play passive scouts, no one can spot you behind bush, static with nets and good crew.

But in moving, ELC got a great camo!

 

This was the Lowe :

 

 

He got wrecked and never saw me ...



Simeon85 #57 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 1141 battles
  • 4,131
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 02 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

 

In bush indeed and he was driving. But I doubt any scout could have done that. Just did a teamtraining in the bush on Malinovka. A Obj. 140 spotted me at 54m

 

A T-100 or T-92 would do this. 

 

A T-100 with full camo, net etc. in a dense bush, will only be proxy spotted by an Obj. 140 with optics. 



Archaean #58 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16912 battles
  • 1,496
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostSimeon85, on 02 February 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

 

1. Not really, most other same tier lights have over 10 hp/ton more and turn much faster.

 

2. Never really been that an effective balancing factor, especially at higher tiers where gun handling is much better and with accuracy as it is where most shots go centre of the aim circle most of the time. Hence why derp guns can snipe so well. 

 

3. Again not really, not that much better than other lights, we are talking 30-40m difference of being spotted compared to many other light tanks and is still worse than the base camo of say Swedish TDs or an E-25. 

 

4. 380m view range, equal or worse to over 20 tier 8 heavy tanks. Enough said really.

 

A T32 to be honest is a better 'spotter'. It can park somewhere hull down, bounce everything and pimped out for view range will spot more as well. Plus it has a gun that works and HP etc. so it is actually useful in other roles. 

Ok? Good for stating the obvious. The dude I quoted realized what I was trying to say.

 

Even though I looked at it objectively and I stated why they are selling that Even 90 it's very evident that this T8 tank is incredibly subpar. But you had to play Mr. Oblivious.



Mr_Burrows #59 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50713 battles
  • 2,478
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostLordante, on 02 February 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I just say light are scouts, WG broke them when they nerfed their view range.

Nothing else.

 

I get you. Would you say that the Wall E could use a buff from its current stats or is it fine as is? 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 02 February 2018 - 04:23 PM.


ApocalypseSquad #60 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27189 battles
  • 2,213
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011

View PostMr_Burrows, on 02 February 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

I get you. Would you say that the Wall E could use a buff from its current stats or is it fine as is?

 

Well you, and every other owner claiming it needs a buff here (that I have checked) are all massively outperforming your average win rate in it.  What makes you think it needs a buff?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users