Is It Time We All Embraced HT and SuperH Tanks?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23017 battles

Hi guys,

Maybe this has been the case for some time now and I need to get with the times but, as you guys all know, the vast majority of battles are engaged on small maps, urban maps, corridor maps or maps congested with mountains and obstacles forcing close quarters fighting and unworkable locations where getting on another tanks sides and rear is not really an option. These are the maps we fight on most of the time and so when you chose a tank in which you want to be competitive and have a big say in the outcome of the result we should really ask ourselves this question, what tank will most suit the type of maps we fight on most of the time?

The answer is of course, HTs and SuperHs with a side order of the more heavily armored or ultra bouncy MTs... when we play this game we want to do so to have fun right? We don't want to get pounded into the ground by some noob in a mobile bunker we simply can't pen frontally nor have the space on map to do anything about it... but this is often the case, you take the likes of Mines and Ensk, all the city maps, maps with narrow passes and huge mountains or lakes taking away any other option and this HT and superH beating is not a rare thing in this game for anything lightly armored or under-gunned. 

So, do you guys feel, for the sake of having fun in this game, fun for most battles, to have a bigger say in most battles... to ditch our lightly armored and delicate snowflake tanks then replace them with heavily armored and ultra bouncy armored tanks along with ditching our preferred playstyles and just embrace the HT playstyle, accept their flaws but enjoy being more competitive and more effective overall, for more battles than not?

I understand that you will have favorite tanks from other classes, so have I, but is there really any point bothering with them anymore if you just get mashed by a heavily armor tank that just bounces everything you can throw at it while he just sends shot after auto-aimed shot straight through your paper tank? Wouldn't you rather be using a tank that can change the result on a map like Paris or Stalingrad or Himmelsdorf or Mountain Pass etc etc etc? Don't you guys tire of watching your entire team melt and not having a tank that can do anything about it, to not be able to be the difference, to not be able to carry because your tank is paper, hasn't the pen nor the map to do anything other than get wrecked?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 February 2018 - 04:09 PM.

LIL_Veky #2 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7916 battles
Yes.

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23017 battles

View PostLIL_Veky, on 02 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Yes.

Excellent! glad that's sorted then. Now, what big heavy behemoth noob machines would you guys recommended to start me off? There's nothing but a TigerP between me and this VK 400 view range on a tier8 heavy? damn, yes pls, look at that armor, lurrrrrrvley!

https://tanks.gg/tank/vk-10001-p/model

Is this a good starter fatty? Oh and btw, I just can't stomach the look of the Japanese heavy tanks but I'm sure you guys can show me another few options that are acceptable grinds. :)

K_A #4 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I have already embraced the existence of superheavy tanks, and solved the issue of how to deal with them in 02/05/2016. I did have a crisis of faith from 18/11/2016 to 16/09/2017, but now I am back in the light. I welcome any and all superheavy tanks in front of my gun and will use the divine power graciously bestowed upon me to punish them with little impunity or concern on my credit earnings.

TheOneAboveAII #5 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15224 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

Of course...i love superheavy tanks...their tears are so delicious...when i circle them to death in my light tanks...or when i go in my jageroo or e3 or e4 and just spank their asses with the premium ammo...so delicious...i especially love the type 4s and 5s...i never press the 2 key against those...when i see those on the enemy team at the start of the battle i just switch the 1 and 2 key caps between them and double press 1...so beautiful.

logaritmusnaturalis #6 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles

Problem for me is I can't stand tanks with below 50kp/h top speed and poor power to weight so I will most definetely not start playing mauses and such, LOL, since i'd die of boredom. I'm impatient for better or worse. 

There are some tanks that i've found can stand against HT bunker meta and yet be enjoyable to play(Have enough mobility), tanks like t10, E50. Even the buttery tanks like amx 30 can stand on their own by pure damage output, in my experience, I know many don't agree. As well as tanks with good gunhandling and good snapshotability, you can snap a shot and not take one in return, again tanks like amx 30 and e50 fall into this category. 

There's still a lot of room of play for remaining competetive without embracing the Super HT meta. 

LIL_Veky #7 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7916 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 February 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Excellent! glad that's sorted then. Now, what big heavy behemoth noob machines would you guys recommended to start me off? There's nothing but a TigerP between me and this VK 400 view range on a tier8 heavy? damn, yes pls, look at that armor, lurrrrrrvley!

Is this a good starter fatty? Oh and btw, I just can't stomach the look of the Japanese heavy tanks but I'm sure you guys can show me another few options that are acceptable grinds. :)

Unfortunately I do have to recommend you the aforementioned Japanese superheavies to start with, tiers 5 to 8 in particular. I'm sure you will find them satisfying as I did, although be wary of the O-I exp., the tank is very situational but nonetheless a great fun. I also have to warn you that the derps on tiers 6,7,8 will be quite exhausting by the time you reach tier 8, but I am sure the player of your caliber is able to stomach such pain. 

As for the German heavies, they are quite forgiving, especially the VK 100.01. You have nice alpha, reliable armour and awesome reverse speed. You won't last long in bottom tier, though. 

If you're interested in some juicy premium superheavies, why not try the seemingly benevolent TOG II? You have great DPM, gun depression, turret traverse lots of hitpoints and more than enough penetration. Just don't show your tank too much to the enemy. 

I hope this brief guide to the world of superheavies will provide you some much needed insight to your future playstyle ;)

Edited by LIL_Veky, 02 February 2018 - 06:03 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #8 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles
Took you long enough.

shane73tank #9 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28540 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 February 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Like you I stayed away from all of these super heavies  but then I caved in and went for this thing as we use it in clan wars, bring some gold for the Tiger P to shorten the time you spend in it - I love the Tiger H but the low DPM and low speed just made the P quite boring so make sure you pen and get that XP. 

Mr_Burrows #10 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45190 battles
The new ruski meds looks like heavies - but fast ones. Those will be interesting to play, but to be honest I really suck at tier 10. And heavies. Specially tier 10 heavies. And meds. Really anything above tier 8 is above my skill cap. 

kiolvi #11 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52422 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD
Russian meds. They are like your snowflake tanks, only with better armor and gun handling.

lifelessgamer #12 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5458 battles

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 02 February 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Of course...i love superheavy tanks...their tears are so delicious...when i circle them to death in my light tanks...or when i go in my jageroo or e3 or e4 and just spank their asses with the premium ammo...so delicious...i especially love the type 4s and 5s...i never press the 2 key against those...when i see those on the enemy team at the start of the battle i just switch the 1 and 2 key caps between them and double press 1...so beautiful.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/660756-that-right-therethat-is-balanced/

:facepalm:

250swb #13 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22926 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I don't know who you pay to get he sort of battles where super heavy tanks are king, but whenever I try to play my Maus (60%WR) by the time I get to the battle it's already over. Maybe the enemy team crumbles when they feel the ground rumbling as I approach, but I still feel the mediums and 'normal' heavy tanks have the advantage and far more fun.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23017 battles

It was a long but very much fun road to get this tank

I have played exactly zero battles with it. It is stock, and the road to unlock it's modules is even longer still. I have already decided to never grind this tank based on the typical WoT battles and the map situation. I will only get the suitable sort of map for this tank once every 3-5 battles of unsuitable maps, get frustrated as shot after perfectly aimed shot does not pen the emeny HT and SuperH while they just autoaim and derp me for 1k of damage along with wrecking most my modules and killing most my crew. There really is no point is there? I am, long term, better off purchasing the TigerP and grinding on to the VK-> Maus etc?  

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23017 battles

View Postlogaritmusnaturalis, on 02 February 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Problem for me is I can't stand tanks with below 50kp/h top speed and poor power to weight so I will most definetely not start playing mauses and such, LOL, since i'd die of boredom. I'm impatient for better or worse. 

This, and I think this is why we don't see a battlefield featuring only superheavies, they are glacially slow, undeniably OP in terms of frontal armor, guns, view range and long range target finding for what it really should be capable of yet there is the boring factor isn't there? I think that's their own secret which limits their numbers, they really can't be played any other way than plodding frontally onto enemy lines, a noob and unintersing playstyle regardless of the player they simply lack the capability and p/w to be played any other way and so for many players, this is the cure to insomnia. There has to be a few tanks that have some sort of acceptable mix between armor protection, acceptable mobility and a skill based playstyle? Russian meds were mentioned, yes, I came off second best yesterday vs an obj reward tank thingy, he simply bounced a few shots more off his turret while I didn't and that was that. He also out traded my impressive ROF which was rather alarming but it was a tier10 so... ya... guess I shouldn't have picked that fight lol. I have the tier8 Russian medium unlocked(forget it's name) so this is the way to go? I was also considering re-purchasing the(omg no) Panther2 and getting the E50, acceptable combination of armor and firepower? or still mega owned by heavies and Type5 on little maps? Best tank I had was the T-10 and I moved the crew to the IS7, played the IS7 about 14 times or something, meh.. boring, regrets 

Edit- oh and I'm painfully making my way towards the Centurion 7/1 with the hopes that I can play my preferred playstyle with a very nice accurate high pen gun but ACTUALLY have a turret I can expose for a split second with the armor that can bounce most shots hull down. Is this an acceptable perception of this tank or am I just wasting my time again? 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 February 2018 - 07:37 PM.

Hamsterkicker #16 Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34451 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB
Leopard PTA with stock gun is indeed an especially cruel grind.. E50 is pure bliss compared to that.

Edited by Hamsterkicker, 02 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

veso_vn #17 Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18967 battles
Well i guess it will be easier if the tanks meet +-1 tier...

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9076 battles

View Postshane73tank, on 02 February 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Like you I stayed away from all of these super heavies  but then I caved in and went for this thing as we use it in clan wars, bring some gold for the Tiger P to shorten the time you spend in it - I love the Tiger H but the low DPM and low speed just made the P quite boring so make sure you pen and get that XP. 

Strangely I have done rather a lot better in my Tiger P than in my 100 P..... 

EltvilleTiger #19 Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21264 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

WOW!  That is a lot of words.  

I accept HT's as part of the game, yes.  Did I pass?  :)  MT's are more my favorite.  I have a hard time reading your post but it seems that you feel this game is all about HT's and Super-HT's?  Nah, it takes all kinds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users