Elc EVEN 90 first impressions

elc EVEN 90

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44560 battles

This tank is nothing but crap. Poke yourself in the eye with a pointy stick, it will be more fun than driving this tank. It lacks pretty much everything a good tank should have. Now when you have read the summary, you can skip reading the rest, saving you from a load of money, for a shrink, to cure your depression.

This is not an «scientific” review, rather a personal. It will not focus on “hard stats” or comparisons but a subjective opinion of the tank. See this in light of me being an average player.  I don’t play premiums to train crews but to earn credits and have fun.

Firepower

Terrible – Bad – decent -good - excellent

Penetration: Terrible

Dispersion: Terribe.

DPM: Terrible

Aiming time: Terrible

Accuracy: Terrible

Turret traverse: Terrible

This gun is probably worst in class at tier 8.

With a standard penetration of 175mm, this tank relies heavily on premium ammo -even on same tier battles. And the premium shells are not that great either with only 215mm of penetration. Together with a 3 shell drum with a reload time of 30 secs it’s far from great. 30 secs is a very long time when playing this kind of game. To make the matter worse, the average damage of every shell is only 220. And the accuracy is terrible.

Forget taking snapshots, you’ll probably hit your neighbour, and forget hitting anything at long range (200m+). Only one of 6 shells will probably hit the target.

Survivability

Terrible

Not surprisingly, this tank has absolutely no armour and will get overmatched by any gun. It can take one or two hits by a same tier heavy before it’s game over. The small size of the tank will probably increase the survivability if you stay mobile, hide behind ridges when firing, etc.

Mobility

Bad

Even though this tank has an excellent top speed of 70km/h, the acceleration is very bad, and it turns poorly. Forget driving into water, or soft terrain, it will get bogged down -read: blow up an die. Forget circling targets, the turning radius is too big.

Concealment

Excellent

Being low profile, this tank comes with a very good camo rating, and is the only asset of this tank.

Spotting

Bad

A standard view range of 380 isn’t exactly great.

Playstyle

This tank has the speed to get to the spotting locations you need for initial spotting. And yes, it is purely a scouting tank. Don’t expect to do a lot of damage in this thing. It can be used as an active scout on some maps, but I wouldn’t recommend it because of the bad track traverse.

Fun factor

On the right map, and if you get in the right rhythm (read autoloader) it can actually be fun. But these matches are far apart and most of the time this tank just isn’t fun. I keep thinking I would do better in any other light.

Is it worth the money?

Definitively not! This is without a dubt the worst premium tank I’ve played and fits perfectly in the line of crappy underpowered tanks released lately. My question Is: is it EVEN possible to make a tank worse than this one?

-Buy any other premium and save yourself from a too early hair transplant.

The first reason is the gun. It takes crappy guns to whole new low level.  This tank struggles greatly to make a positive impact on maps where it can’t utilize the scouting qualities. It simply doesn’t have the gun to deal the damage necessary to be of much use.

Second: The mobility sucks. It has the speed but not the agility, and the awkwardly bad acceleration doesn’t help either.

The third reason is the fact that this is a light tank. The light tanks are not the damage dealers, and in the long run you’ll probably do more damage and earn more money and experience by playing any other tank class (counting artys out).  And more important: you will do more good for the team. In my opinion the current meta favourize tank features in following order:

• Gun: alpha/dpm
  • Mobility
  • Armour
  • View range
  • Stealth

If this order is slightly true, the heavies and the medium tanks will be the “best” overall tanks in the game and the light tanks the worst.

Suggestions to make this a playable tank:

• At least two more shots in the drum
  • Decrease the reload time by 10 secs
  • Increase view range to 400m
  • Increase penetration by 30mm at least for the prem. shells
  • Improve weight to power ratio
  • Increase track traverse speed

or

• Refund half of the purchase price and bust this tank down to tier 6 where it belongs.

If two or more of the suggested improvements were implemented, this tank would be worth the money.

Hinka #2 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20417 battles
  • [27-RD] 27-RD
crapattempt of a tank meant by Wargaming to milk money out of people that pay for the game. Good job Wargaming with this crapmove you ain't seeing 1 penny from more until you either remove arty or premium ammo.

_b_ #3 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54991 battles

But .... it's darn fun!

Only 3 battles in it so far but yes ...high skill level required to do good on average... don't think I'll manage that ... but I'll have fun!!!

Finally a premium not 'balanced' like defender ... or 'totally ok like type 5 ... able to flank like tvp ... or op like leo" ... but actually a fun lill cute thing that is slightly below average all over ... except cammo that will make for some fun matches!

douglarse #4 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56442 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View Post_b_, on 03 February 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

But .... it's darn fun!

Only 3 battles in it so far but yes ...high skill level required to do good on average... don't think I'll manage that ... but I'll have fun!!!

Finally a premium not 'balanced' like defender ... or 'totally ok like type 5 ... able to flank like tvp ... or op like leo" ... but actually a fun lill cute thing that is slightly below average all over ... except cammo that will make for some fun matches!

​Quite like it myself, on open maps its surprising how close you can get to people before they spot you. Just don't rely on the gun to hit much

Axarn #5 Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26409 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My ELC Even 90 has 527 viewrange.

It wont spot anything outside the 450 range, but it will spot tanks easier within the 450 range.

I am not a good player, not at all. but i do believe that the viewrange doesnt need a buff and changing the features of the auto-loader, like for example buffing DPM, adding a extra bullet to the clip would make this tank too OP.

Get the right crew, get the right equiptment, maybe get the extra consumable and see this tank top of the charts 7 out of 10.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20465 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAxarn, on 03 February 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

My ELC Even 90 has 527 viewrange.

It wont spot anything outside the 450 range, but it will spot tanks easier within the 450 range.

I am not a good player, not at all. but i do believe that the viewrange doesnt need a buff and changing the features of the auto-loader, like for example buffing DPM, adding a extra bullet to the clip would make this tank too OP.

Get the right crew, get the right equiptment, maybe get the extra consumable and see this tank top of the charts 7 out of 10.

I guess you are using binocs and maybe food? I'm playing the tank way too active to benefit from binocs. One thing this tank needs for sure is a reload buff. 3 shells isn't that bad but almost 30s is just too long. 1375 loads 4 shells in like 20s for similar burst damage and is one tier lower. Also the mobility...at least the traverse rates need a buff. It shouldn't have the turn radius of an aircraft carrier especially on soft terrain. Those are my major concerns. The gun is somewhat odd. I penetrated quite a few shots i thought wouldn't and module damage seems high. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 03 February 2018 - 03:06 AM.

Mr_Burrows #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44232 battles

Yep, the first report along the lines I have been waiting for. This tank will make you cry from sheer frustration if you did not love the old ELC at tier 6.

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 03 February 2018 - 05:25 AM.

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60289 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostHechaton, on 03 February 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

I don’t play premiums to train crews but to earn credits and have fun.y.

Why would you buy a premium tank on which everyones said it before it was released that is was a very bad tank ?

Complaining afterwards that it is a bad tank is a bit pointless and only you are to blame for spending you money.

Archaean #9 Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 February 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

Why would you buy a premium tank on which everyones said it before it was released that is was a very bad tank ?

Complaining afterwards that it is a bad tank is a bit pointless and only you are to blame for spending you money.

because op wanted to test it out himself. Apparently he's the kind of person who values his opinion too and doesn't listen mindlessly to others for every matter.

Jumping_Turtle #10 Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60289 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostArchaean, on 03 February 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

because op wanted to test it out himself. Apparently he's the kind of person who values his opinion too and doesn't listen mindlessly to others for every matter.

could be true when one or two tells you things. But when there is no positive review at all and having tons of people tell you it is a bad tank than you might consider not buying it. Or at least not complaining about it being bad. You could have known ...

Mr_Burrows #11 Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44232 battles

I think that everybody should buy one. Good tank. 

http://wotreplays.eu...18dd40be3bcc614

(Yes, a loss. But BAD tank? Nah... But if a lot of people buy it, then the tank average will drop, and that will ease my way to a second and maybe even a third MOE...) 

On a more serious note... http://forum.worldof...4-full-release/

Yeah, I link to my own tread. Just read the first post, I think it says pretty much all that I personally can come to think of. And yeah, I still love it. Most fun tank I have got, ever, besides the old ELC. But Wall-E is in fact more fun, in ways... 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 03 February 2018 - 09:02 AM.

Strappster #12 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 February 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

Also the mobility...at least the traverse rates need a buff. It shouldn't have the turn radius of an aircraft carrier especially on soft terrain.

It's pretty much how I remember the mobility of the old AMX ELC bis. Use the handbrake to get turns started and power-slide out - you turn more effectively, it's great fun and I've only ended up parked on my turret roof underwater once so far. :great:

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 03 February 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

(Yes, a loss. But BAD tank? Nah... But if a lot of people buy it, then the tank average will drop, and that will ease my way to a second and maybe even a third MOE...) 

I don't think average or below players have any interest in this tank, so MoE requirements will stay high.

Mr_Burrows #14 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44232 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 03 February 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't think average or below players have any interest in this tank, so MoE requirements will stay high.

You are prolly very right... 

Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60289 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostMr_Burrows, on 03 February 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

You are prolly very right... 

Am at 68% at the moment and need 1600 combined to break even.

Mr_Burrows #16 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44232 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 February 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Am at 68% at the moment and need 1600 combined to break even.

If we are talking about the same numbers, then I am at 78.13% slowly working my way up to that second MOE. 

Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60289 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostMr_Burrows, on 03 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

If we are talking about the same numbers, then I am at 78.13% slowly working my way up to that second MOE. 

and how much combined do you need at that level ?

Mr_Burrows #18 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44232 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 February 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

and how much combined do you need at that level ?

I do not know. How do I find that specific info? 

Damage dealt + assisted? If so; 1014 + 1079 = 2091

Am at 148 games and 63% WR. Today I grind tier 3 and 4 ruski prem meds for new crews after 9.22. It happens I will get a couple new tenks after the split... 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 03 February 2018 - 11:20 AM.

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60289 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostMr_Burrows, on 03 February 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I do not know. How do I find that specific info? 

I have a session stats mod running so its easy to see for me. before that i used to just look at the percentage I was at. Noted the damage and assisted in a battle and looked again at the percentage. That way you get an idea after a few games how much is needed to not drop.

al_caprioni #20 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19758 battles

I bought it. Played around 80 games in it. I like it. Of course its gun is utter crap. Dpm, accuracy, aim time - it's the worst in class and tier. But i kinda like the playstyle. It forces you to play concentrated and take very calculated risks. It's sneaky as hell. Sitting in bush 100m from enemy or on open field 250-300m from the enemy? - no problem. Makes it an unchallenged spotter.  I don't mind the penetration. The mobility is still alright IMO, acceleration could be better of course. Worst tier 8 light? Probably. But it also can be tons of fun. It has a high skill cap. It lacks carry potential due to its horrendous dpm. It just has no "stopping power". 

I get why people think it's bad and calling for buffs. Yet, i can also see this little bugger becoming quite OP if buffed just a little too much. It's a fine line.

Also tagged with elc EVEN 90

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users