Valentine's Mini-Marathon

• Please log in to reply
873 replies to this topic

Dexatroph #441 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51637 battles

View PostHarkonnen, on 03 February 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

Tank is worth 400,000 credits we get 25% of it's value... Why do we get the full credit value for some tanks, and in this event we dont?

If you completed the missions/colleced enough token, you need to log in between 14.02.2018 and 19.02.2018 to get credited with the tank. In that time  the Valentine II will be on 75%discount like every year.  So the tank will be worth 250 gold only. 

A

amcuculmare #442 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17822 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Not sure about this part tbh and I can't check since I am not in the office until Monday. I'll look into it as soon as I am in. 

To be fair, calling it mini is not exactly overhyping :( I don't think we tried to look it grander than it actually is. Also, we have been doing some pretty cool stuff lately, think of the Holiday Ops and the Grand Hunt for example. I know that it is fun to jump on the hypetrain, but I don't think you guys had reason to be disappointed with the events we had lately (aside from this one). 

Holiday Ops and Grand Hunt were the same for all servers.

Where are our tier 8 marathons, like the ones NA get once a 2-3 months?

https://worldoftanks...-2017-marathon/

Why do we not have 'Top of the tree' and 'On the track' specials in the same time like SEA gets?

https://worldoftanks...tree-amx-m4-54/

https://worldoftanks...k-centurion-ax/

Why do you treat EU so badly WG? Why?

jsn_black #443 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10325 battles
  • [-ELF-] -ELF-

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

It was also a small thing that only the EU region has. As far as I know the other regions don’t have any “marathons” or similar specials tied to valentines, so I think that saying that EU gets the short end of the stick in this situation is a bit unfair :(

Ph3lan

Without being disrespectful i don't think anybody on NA or other servers complain on forum because they don't get this Valentine's Event (Marathon) . I really hope EU server will try to fix this major difference between servers!

Edited by jsn_black, 03 February 2018 - 11:23 PM.

iKnewIT #444 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 92691 battles

Sorry for re-posting...

But one more time....

It might be more difficult, but with a usefull reward...

I really do not need more free garage slots...

I might sell some 80 or 90 free garage slots I think, if it would be such possibility.

Edited by iKnewIT, 03 February 2018 - 11:28 PM.

Deano95 #445 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47737 battles
  • [GT0] GT0

i expect the vast majority of comments are about how this tank is crap which it is but another question is why on earth would it give chocolate a german consumable as a reward for grinding out a soviet tank? did they originally have a german tank as a prize? then change it for this at the last second? whats up with that?

side note really? a tier 4 prem which people wouldnt buy for 50k credits (not even worth gold) as a reward? i dont want to sound ungrateful but your scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one...

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Deano95, 03 February 2018 - 11:52 PM.

Harkonnen #446 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23368 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostDeano95, on 03 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

i expect the vast majority of comments are about how this tank is crapwhich it is but another question is why on earth would it give chocolate a german consumable as a reward for grinding out a soviet tank? did they originally have a german tank as a prize? then change it for this at the last second? whats up with that?

Reason one for selecting Valentine II as the reward: It's Valentine's Day! Cliché!
Reason two for selecting chocolate as another reward: It's Valentine's Day! Cliché!

MaxxyNL #447 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11403 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Not sure about this part tbh and I can't check since I am not in the office until Monday. I'll look into it as soon as I am in. 

Thanks in advance. :honoring:

Deano95 #448 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47737 battles
  • [GT0] GT0

View PostHarkonnen, on 03 February 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Reason one for selecting Valentine II as the reward: It's Valentine's Day! Cliché!
Reason two for selecting chocolate as another reward: It's Valentine's Day! Cliché!

i had heard there was going to be a tier 6 prem marathon coming up soon and i was really hoping itd be for the tog because i still remember that time a few years ago where they gave people the chance to get it for free. it was such an epic time to play tier 6 because it was world of togs with about 12 per side XD

my other hope was for the object 244 a tank leaked probably 2 years ago at this point which we never got...

Edited by Deano95, 03 February 2018 - 11:48 PM.

Mortal_Share #449 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49150 battles
  • [DANGE] DANGE
Pathetic...

_P_v_T_ #450 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22488 battles

View PostHarkonnen, on 04 February 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

Not the reason for the total greed of the WG. And especially with respect to the euro server, we pay silently, they use it. We keep silent all the time, and rarely when we criticize them, they are completely insolent and vtyuhivayut us a miserable prize, and yet idiotic wonder that we are not happy with this, I understand that the The WG believes that we must remain silent and accept their unnecessary handouts as a long and very valuable reward, in their opinion, Europe pays and is silent. why should they give something worthwhile to the flow of donate does not fall, let them receive an unnecessary tank for a gift to another, and we'll hang this up as a very worthwhile and significant event and grow it by 10 and report that we had a marathon

Harkonnen #451 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:58 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23368 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View Post_P_v_T_, on 03 February 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

Not the reason for the total greed of the WG. And especially with respect to the euro server, we pay silently, they use it. We keep silent all the time, and rarely when we criticize them, they are completely insolent and vtyuhivayut us a miserable prize, and yet idiotic wonder that we are not happy with this, I understand that the The WG believes that we must remain silent and accept their unnecessary handouts as a long and very valuable reward, in their opinion, Europe pays and is silent. why should they give something worthwhile to the flow of donate does not fall, let them receive an unnecessary tank for a gift to another, and we'll hang this up as a very worthwhile and significant event and grow it by 10 and report that we had a marathon

I was behing ironic with my response! Because at the moment, when WG EU comes up with an event, it sounds like this (to be at least): It's Valentine's Day... What should we do? Oh I know, give the Valentine II and some chocolates... Oh smart!

I'm sorry to the WG staff that is reading this, you know I'm just making a joke with a smile on my face and it's not personal. But come on... Really? Valentine II on Valentine's Day? Chocolates? Really? You want the player base happy with this kind of events?

Has Wargaming forgot the fact that about 3 years ago we had amazing events every single month? And maybe that was the reason why people keep playing the game? Just a thought.

badabum #452 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56063 battles

View PostHarkonnen, on 04 February 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

So, the tank is worth 1,000 Gold and if we own one we can't get 1,000 Gold nor the 400,000 credits it's worth... 

Tbh this is a very big issue that merits its own discussion with the WG management. Compensating the gold price for people who already paid real money for marathon tanks should not only be common decency, but it's an easy way for people to select an alternative reward tank since they already have the default one.

I understand you can't see eye to eye with the player base on many things, but not pissing off the people that pay cash to keep the game alive should be common sense if you care about repeat customers.

Edited by badabum, 04 February 2018 - 02:59 AM.

FINs_empire #453 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17948 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hey guys!

I have been reading this thread from home and, just like Kandly, I am a bit surprised by the negativity this has caused, so let me add some explanation about this “mini-marathon”. In hindsight I think calling it a marathon was not exactly the best idea (captain obvious reporting for duty!)

Usually at around this time we sell the Valentine II at a discount and give some kind of missions to celebrate Valentine’s day. This time we wanted to spice things up a little bit, especially because this period is a bit of a lull between the Holiday ops/Bonds Marathon and the rest of the cool stuff we have lined up tied to Update 1.0 coming in March.

So we thought let’s come up with a series of super easy missions, something that you can complete by simply playing without any extra effort, tie it to Valentines, and stick to tradition by using the Valentine II. Which, while a lot of "old" players have it, is still something cool for people who are new or don’t have premiums.  

For the hardcore players (basically everyone on the forums), it is still a bit of credits and a garage slot, but we also added some, quite good, personal reserves, a premium day,  and some consumables (chocolate since it is Valentines) on top to make it a little bit more interesting. This was never meant to be a true marathon, it was simply designed to be a bit of engagement between bigger and cooler things ( yes, we also have much cooler things planned!) so the rewards are not really that special either. (We can't make every event super special, at some point the special becomes the new default and nothing is special anymore.)

It was also a small thing that only the EU region has. As far as I know the other regions don’t have any “marathons” or similar specials tied to valentines, so I think that saying that EU gets the short end of the stick in this situation is a bit unfair :(

I am truly sorry if we raised the expectations too high and then let you down with the actual thing, but I hope you guys can take a step back and believe that we simply wanted to give you something small and a little bit more interesting than the standard Valentine II discount for Valentine’s day. It seems that we didn’t exactly hit the target with this one. This was an honest mistake, please don't ammo rack us for it!

Ph3lan

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

To be fair, calling it mini is not exactly overhyping :( I don't think we tried to look it grander than it actually is. Also, we have been doing some pretty cool stuff lately, think of the Holiday Ops and the Grand Hunt for example. I know that it is fun to jump on the hypetrain, but I don't think you guys had reason to be disappointed with the events we had lately (aside from this one). 

Fair enough

I mean it would be nice to have Valentine in my garage that tank is quite special in some way 

But I would say that even calling this marathon MINI is overhyping. I mean its not but dont forget you used to call "minimarathon" marathons for t6 premiums (like when we had Dicker max mini marathon).

DEXXXXXTER #454 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21707 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

(yes, we also have much cooler things planned!) 

Oh yeah, can't wait for the new micro-marathon for the exclusive tier 1 premium without a gun.

Edited by DEXXXXXTER, 04 February 2018 - 12:11 AM.

_P_v_T_ #455 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22488 battles

Посмотреть сообщениеPh3lan, 03 февраля 2018 - 09:39 PM, сказал:

Эй, ребята!

Я читал эту тему из дома и, так же, как Kandly, я немного удивлен негативом это вызвало, так что позвольте мне добавить какое-то объяснение об этом «мини-марафоне». Оглядываясь назад, я думаю, называя это марафон не совсем лучшая идея (капитан очевидность на службу!)

Обычно в это время мы продаем Валентайн II со скидкой и дать какое-то миссию, чтобы отпраздновать День святого Валентина. На этот раз мы хотели, чтобы оживить их немного, особенно потому, что в этот период немного затишья между опами Сезонных / Облигацией Marathon и остальной частью классных мы выстраивались привязанными к Update 1.0 приходят в марте.

Таким образом, мы думали, что давайте придумали серию супер легких миссий, то, что вы можете завершить просто играть без каких-либо дополнительных усилий, связать его Валентину, и придерживаться традиций, используя Валентин II. Который, в то время как много «старых» игроков есть это, есть еще что-то круто для людей, которые являются новыми или не имеют премий.  

Для хардкорных игроков ( в основном все на форумах), она все еще немного кредитов и слот гаража, но мы также добавили некоторые, довольно хорошие, личные резервы, премиальный день, и некоторые расходные материалы (шоколад , так как это Валентин) на вершине , чтобы сделать его немного более интересным. Это никогда не предназначались , чтобы быть истинный марафоном, он был просто разработан , чтобы быть немного взаимодействия между более крупными и более прохладными вещами (да, у нас также есть много прохладных вещи , запланированные!) , Так что награды не так уж особенные либо. (Мы не можем сделать каждое событие супер особенное, в какой - то момент специальный становится новым значением по умолчанию и ничего особенного больше.)

Кроме того, было мало того, что только в регионе ЕС. Насколько я знаю, другие регионы не имеют какие-либо «марафоны» или аналогичные события, привязанные к валентинкам, так что я думаю, что говорить, что ЕС получает короткий конец палки в этой ситуации немного несправедливо:(

Я действительно сожалею, если мы подняли ожидания слишком высоки, а затем подведут с реальной вещью, но я надеюсь, что вы, ребята, можете сделать шаг назад и считаю, что мы просто хотели, чтобы дать вам что-то маленькое и немного более интересное, чем стандарт Валентин II скидка на день святого Валентина. Кажется, что мы не точно попасть в цель с этим. Это была честная ошибка, пожалуйста, не боезапас наберут нас за это!

Ph3lan

You say you did a lot of good last year, compared to other regions, you did not do anything worthy of it, except for promises

fighting_falcon93 #456 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32562 battles

View PostKandly, on 03 February 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Good suggestion indeed. I will definitely include this!

View PostKandly, on 03 February 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I can assure you that my intention is to forward this feedback exactly as it is.

Thank you Kandly.

I want to believe you, but at the same time previus experiences tell me not to. I'm not putting the blame on you, but rather the ones that you forward the feedback to. Even if you're doing an awesome job at collecting feedback, it's worth nothing if the ones that you send it to (I assume the RU devs?) simply throw it in the bin.

As an example, look at the Obj.263 changes. Just as in this thread, there was massive criticism against the changes, and Ph3lan even replied in the thread that "It is pretty obvious that you guys feel very strongly about the changes to the 263 line" and that "We will update you about this next week". I even posted a suggestion where you could have kept both Obj.263 and Obj.268V4 at tier 10 to please everyone. Not a single word so far. The RU players complained very loud, EU players also complained very loud... and? Nothing happened and Ph3lan still havn't updated us. I assume we can say good bye to tier 10 Obj.263? But was that what the players wanted?

With that said, I'm very grateful that you have read through this thread and gathered all the problems and feedback. Please just make sure that the feedback you forward is actually recieved and listened to and not just thrown in the bin.

Since you said that you think that the suggestion was good, I'd just like to explain it a little bit more in-depth so that there's no confusions:

This is just an example. The marathon could run for 20 days, and each day players could earn 2 tokens from 2 daily missions. How difficult and time consuming you want to make those missions is up to you, but please consider the average players aswell and not only the top 5%. Missions are reset each day which will allow you to complete them and get more tokens.

So in this example the marathon would run for 20 days and offer 2 tokens per day. This means that a player that contributes 100% in the marathon will get 20 * 2 = 40 tokens, and a player that only participates 50% will get 20 tokens. These tokens are the main reward of the marathon, think of it as a marathon currency. The whole point with them is to allow players to decide themselves what they want according to their individual needs. And you propably understand, all of us have different needs ingame, so this is a perfect way to please everyone.

Back to the example. There should be either a marathon shop in the game client, or on a separate webpage. The best is if you make this aviable from the first day of the marathon so that players can see what rewards that exist, how much they cost (in tokens) and plan accordingly. It should be possible to spend the tokens right away, or save them all to the end and exchange all of them at the end of the marathon.

Now, an example of what you could put in the marathon exchange shop. Please keep it varied, the more variety, the more players you're going to make happy. The cost of each reward is based on the prizes in the premium shop. Of course you can tweak the costs but please keep it reasonable. So for example:

1 day premium = 1 token

3 days premium = 3 tokens

7 days premium = 5 tokens

14 days premium = 7 tokens

500 gold = 2 tokens

1'000 gold = 4 tokens

2'500 gold = 9 tokens

5'500 gold = 18 tokens

Tier 8 premium tank aviable in client (T34, Strv S1, T-34-3 etc) = 25-40 tokens

Tier 8 premium tank not aviable in client (Skorpion G, Mauerbrecher etc) = 30-40 tokens

Tier 7 premium tank aviable in client (Panther/M10, SU-122-44 etc) = 20-26 tokens

Tier 7 premium tank not aviable in client (Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger etc) = 24-30 tokens

Tier 6 premium tank aviable in client (Type 64, HT No.VI etc) = 12-14 tokens

Tier 6 premium tank not aviable in client (Tiger 131, Cromwell B etc) = 14-16 tokens

[... and so on with tiers 2-5 ...]

500 bonds = 2 tokens

1'000 bonds = 4 tokens

2'500 bonds = 9 tokens

5'500 bonds = 18 tokens

20'00 free xp = 2 tokens

50'00 free xp = 4 tokens

10'000 free xp = 6 tokens

20'000 free xp = 10 tokens

200'000 credits = 2 tokens

500'000 credits = 4 tokens

1'000'000 credits = 6 tokens

2'000'000 credits = 10 tokens

1 veteran crew (Berlin crew, female crew etc) = 10 tokens

[... insert more ideas here ...]

Please let me know if something is unclear :great:

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 04 February 2018 - 12:42 AM.

kirtidas #457 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21692 battles
would be interesting to know the name of the brainless ape who invented the compensation price of 100K... 

_P_v_T_ #458 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22488 battles

Посмотреть сообщениеfighting_falcon93, 04 февраля 2018 - 01:19 AM, сказал:

Go to the example. There should be a marathon store in the game client, or on a separate page. Best of all, if you make this Iveco from the first day of the marathon, so that players can see what rewards that exist, how much they cost (in tokens) and plan accordingly. It should be possible to spend tokens at once, or keep them all to the end and exchange them all at the end of the marathon.

Now, an example of what you could put in a marathon exchange shop. Please keep it diverse, the greater the variety, the more players you are going to make happy. The cost of each award is based on prizes in the premium store. Of course, you can adjust the costs, but keep it reasonable. For example:

1 day premium = 1 marker

3 days premium = 3 tokens

7 days premium = 5 tokens

14 days premium = 7 tokens

500 gold = 2 counters

1'000 gold = 4 tokens

2'500 gold = 9 tokens

5'500 Gold = 18 Tokens

Stage 8 premium tank Iveco in the client (T34, Strv S1, T-34-3, etc.) = 25-40 lexemes

Stage 8 of the premium tank is not Iveco in the client (scorpion G, Mauerbrecher, etc.) = 30-40 tokens

Stage 7 premium tank Iveco in the client (Panther / M10, su-122-44, etc.) = 20-26 tokens

Stage 7 of the premium tank is not Ivek in the client (Krupp Steyr weapons carrier, etc.) = 24-30 markers

Stage 6 premium tank Iveco in the client (Type 64, HT No.VI, etc.) = 12-14 tokens

Stage 6 of the premium tank is not Iveco in the client (Tiger 131, Cromwell B) = 14-16 tokens

[... and so on with levels 2-5 ...]

500 bonds = 2 tokens

1'000 bonds = 4 tokens

2'500 bonds = 9 tokens

5'500 bonds = 18 tokens

20'00 free xp = 2 counters

50'00 free xp = 4 counters

10'000 free xp = 6 tokens

20'000 free xp = 10 tokens

200'000 credits = 2 tokens

500'000 credits = 4 tokens

1'000'000 credits = 6 tokens

2'000'000 credits = 10 tokens

[... insert more ideas here ...]

Please let me know if something is unclear: Great:

The WG will never go for it, because it will not, pour money into the game. Think about yourself. If they made this misunderstanding (mini marathon) on one of the worst tanks that only is in the game, and are still surprised that we are not happy with such a SUPER gift, if they are wise, they will not do it once, for Except when the Internet drops to the minimum mark, and then the maximum will be a marathon for the tank 7-8 level with the lowest percentage of sales, as well as the opportunity to buy coupons for money, if there is no time to play the entire marathon, to spit in our opinion, and our desires

Edited by _P_v_T_, 04 February 2018 - 01:40 AM.

ticklemonster #459 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57430 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hey guys!

I have been reading this thread from home and, just like Kandly, I am a bit surprised by the negativity this has caused, so let me add some explanation about this “mini-marathon”. In hindsight I think calling it a marathon was not exactly the best idea (captain obvious reporting for duty!)

Usually at around this time we sell the Valentine II at a discount and give some kind of missions to celebrate Valentine’s day. This time we wanted to spice things up a little bit, especially because this period is a bit of a lull between the Holiday ops/Bonds Marathon and the rest of the cool stuff we have lined up tied to Update 1.0 coming in March.

So we thought let’s come up with a series of super easy missions, something that you can complete by simply playing without any extra effort, tie it to Valentines, and stick to tradition by using the Valentine II. Which, while a lot of "old" players have it, is still something cool for people who are new or don’t have premiums.  

For the hardcore players (basically everyone on the forums), it is still a bit of credits and a garage slot, but we also added some, quite good, personal reserves, a premium day,  and some consumables (chocolate since it is Valentines) on top to make it a little bit more interesting. This was never meant to be a true marathon, it was simply designed to be a bit of engagement between bigger and cooler things ( yes, we also have much cooler things planned!) so the rewards are not really that special either. (We can't make every event super special, at some point the special becomes the new default and nothing is special anymore.)

I am truly sorry if we raised the expectations too high and then let you down with the actual thing, but I hope you guys can take a step back and believe that we simply wanted to give you something small and a little bit more interesting than the standard Valentine II discount for Valentine’s day. It seems that we didn’t exactly hit the target with this one. This was an honest mistake, please don't ammo rack us for it!

Ph3lan

I have played almost 50,000 games and stopped posting to the forum over a year ago, but there is no fool like an old fool (I am getting toward 60)...

The Valentine II is a very very very poor tank; for experienced players it is frustrating to play as it is too slow and has a very weak gun  - the rof does not compensate for bad accuracy and worse penetration. To "compete" in this tank you have to spend credits/gold on premium ammo, and that does not always do the job against the likes of the B1 and Matilda. New players will not enjoy it either, since they will not be able to do sufficient damage to generate a high credits earnings (they will not possibly understand why, but they will be aware that this premium tanks does not earn as much as some regular tier IV tanks).or earn xp to train their crews. The only people interested in this tank will be those who collect every example, but nearly all will have the tank already.

This reward tank, for turning up and completing a couple of hours play per day, will quite likelly annoy most of its recipients. Experienced players have no use for something that needs gold ammo to make playing competative, and new players will be incapable of achieving any of the supposed benefits of premium tanks as its ability to generate credits is severely hampered by its poor performance. Indeed, and as is evidenced by the comments of the community, it is quite possibly going to have a net negative result on the EU's player base regard toward WG.

To be honest, if you had promoted this as a mini marathon to earn some Valentines Day Chocolate, and some reserves and other rewards, plus a rarely seen tank which just happens to be called Valentine, then you might not have created the resentment apparent on these pages. However, you broadcast the fact that there was a free tank to be had.... it just begs the question on how much apparent contempt or lack of consideration WG (via its EU office) has for the server playerbase.

kirtidas #460 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21692 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 03 February 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Hey guys!

Ph3lan

dear felon, would you have little bit dignity to not treat us as stupid and naive? pls be respectful to not make such offensive comment.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users