Encounter on Mines. Worst Balanced Map in the game!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SlenderMoose #1 Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57753 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • North side lights reach hill sooo much faster it's not even funny.
  • North side can stroll into their cap zone and start cap pressure from buliding cover.
  • South side must approach cap unprotected and get farmed from above and from tanks sidescraping behind building or in hulldown position at the rock. 
  • Some of the south side heavies will have the honor of spawning in the water and get almost insta-spotted and farmed.

I surely would like to see the winrate for this encounter map. North side must have like 95 procent win rate. Especially in higher tiers.

...and wtf is mines still a tier x map in general? Like who does the balancing of the maps? Get me that job! I'll do a better job for sure.

Edited by SlenderMoose, 03 February 2018 - 03:05 PM.

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Agreed

al_caprioni #3 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20328 battles

Meh. Mines is still alright. It could use a few tweaks however. Not the best map for Tier 8+ Gameplay but there are worst high tier maps out there Yes I'm looking at you, Ensk

Still i feel that there are maps out there that are way more unbalanced than mines. Ruinberg comes to mind. South spawn has a clear disadvantage on several choke points and in controlling the midridge.

Edited by al_caprioni, 03 February 2018 - 01:33 PM.

TheOneAboveAII #4 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14427 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

Mines is not the only 1.

There is the middle road on ruinberg as well that needs fixed.

On lakeville the the corridors between houses need fixed so that you are either able to shoot in there from both sides or from none, because now only the south can shoot into town from the other side of the lake.

Live Oaks needs fixed asap, the south has such a huge advantage on that map is not even funny...they need to remodel the bridge area so that the tanks coming from the north side will not get instantly gang banged by those from the south, because those from the south are able to just surround on the north side of the bridge and still be in cover frlm the north side campers(if there are any) because of the hills and dips in that area.

Artic region...dude...when there is arty in that map...if you are a heavy and go south(you will go south because you are a heavy) you are instantly crapped on by arty...also...not to mention that if you somehow win that area and try to push into south...campers to the left campers in front campers everywhere that can just shoot you instantly and they are at distance so you won't even spot them most of the time...now if you push into the north base...there is only 1 spot for their campers to sit...and it's so close that you can reach it in 30 seconds and kill them.

The J2 area on Mountain pass, arty can shoot you there if you come from the north, but if you come from the south you are mostly arty safe...if you want to push that area from the north if have to deal with enemy fire from multiple directions, meanwhile if you push from the south you only have to deal with a narrow corridor...also the bridge area...if you come from the south...the north campers can just drive up on the ramp in their base and shoot you all the way from across the bridge...meanwhile the ones from the north side can just sit there only havinh to worry about you....also...the ice road...if you go and fight there is the middle of the ice road where the fights usually are, if you come from the south the northen arty can easilly shoot you, but if you come from the north you are totally arty safe.

I can go on and on...but i'll stop for now.

SlenderMoose #5 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57753 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

View Postal_caprioni, on 03 February 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Meh. Mines is still alright. It could use a few tweaks however. Not the best map for Tier 8+ Gameplay but there are worst high tier maps out there Yes I'm looking at you, Ensk

Still i feel that there are maps out there that are way more unbalanced than mines. Ruinberg comes to mind. South spawn has a clear disadvantage on several choke points and in controlling the midridge.

Most of my of criticism is directed to the encounter mode on mines. However I find standard mode on mines to be sub-optimal as well.

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostSlenderMoose, on 03 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

Most of my of criticism is directed to the encounter mode on mines. However I find standard mode on mines to be sub-optimal as well.

Standard mines also suck.

But I prefer encounter, because those end quicker.

SlenderMoose #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57753 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

View PostZlatanArKung, on 03 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Standard mines also suck.

But I prefer encounter, because those end quicker.

Probably the only good thing with it...

Edited by SlenderMoose, 03 February 2018 - 04:35 PM.

SlenderMoose #8 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57753 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

This just really happened. :facepalm:

Some sick form of karma I guess.
...and no I couldn't make it to the red line. 1390 spotted us directly in spawn. My friend also died. I think we both ended up with 0 damage.
Encounter mode off for heavies from now I guess.
Jesus christ WG is really incompetent game designers...

BTW Mods this pic doesn't contain any player names except mine so please don't lock the thread for some unknown reason or "blame name and shaming reasons" like you always do to get around the player base WG criticism.

Edited by SlenderMoose, 03 February 2018 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users