HelpSomeoneInNeed

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TheOneAboveAII #1 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14320 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Right...what, how, when, which, where do you play on this map? I literally hate every single part of this map...I would rather play in my tier 8s with no armour against mauses on himmelsdorf than play one more game on this map...what do you do on this map other than just driving around the mid ridge and pray to rngesus that arty doesn't shoot you...and don't suggest wanking in a bush on the 1-2 line...because i'd rather go and swimm with the fish...and city I go only if I play something with hull armour...otherwise it's a no go...I'd like to know what do you do on this map when you play your lightly armored tanks, be them mediums, lights, tds or even some heavy tanks...and I would like if possible directions especially from the south spawn, because that's the one I hate the most.

Panikovski #2 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11125 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
Fisherman's bay is quite easy actually. Line 1 is by far the most important, nine out of ten times the team which wins the 1 line wins the game. In Lights and Meds and even ligh heavies (T10 and such) you go and spot + fight at H1 (use the cover, use the geography) from either spawns, if you're a TD or a sniper med like the Panther, Pilot and such you can stay back for cover fire (at B1/2 form north spawn and at J/K2 from south spawn), heavies usually go to city and they usually stay there unless is a very one sided fight. Make sure someone is covering the mid ridge, to spot snipers and spotters. That's about it.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Middle is the most important part. Losing control on the ridge means that both the line 1 and town flanck will lose support and spotting, greatly reducing the chance of succesfully pushing to the base or to flanck the other side.

SnowRelic #4 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Going 1 line is only slightly more useful than going valley on Lakeville or beach on Overlord. I'd rather not charge headfirst into a pocket of campers. Instead I tend to go middle at first; E6/F6. You can get some initial damage on heavies heading towards the town.

After that, I'd try to slowly whittle away the enemies near the ridge. That needs to be done carefully, I prefer to conserve my hit points for the end game. Let the enemy come. I still remember my first game in my Chi-To on the day the Japanese tanks were introduced to the game. Such an easy game; the enemies kept pouring in through the middle because they all wanted to shoot the new tank. They got farmed by our campers instead. Quite a few players really don't pay much attention to where they're going when they're chasing a tank. Lure them towards the campers.

Once the middle gets cleared up, I normally assist the town flank. The enemies there should be engaged and distracted and that's a way better option than crossing an open field guarded by campers.

Finally the remaining snipers in the south- or northeast need to be dealt with. Hopefully there are enough teammates left to surround them. It's possible to set up counter-sniping positions on from the middle. If your tank has some decent camo, it's pretty risky but possible to approach the campers along the A-line (north) and J-line (south). If anyone can sneak into the cap, the snipers are forced to make a move.

And of course, you could also take a look some replays. See what worked for other people.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I usually play like this, but not always that risky through the middle. Had to try how far i could go with the ELC.

http://wotreplays.eu...975-elc_even_90

http://wotreplays.eu...975-elc_even_90

Dr_ownape #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43372 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I like it unless im in a heavy. i have a special spot i abuse in lights, meds and TDs which nearly always proves fruitful for damage and assists.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

View PostRenamedUser_548887349, on 03 February 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

Fisherman's bay is quite easy actually. Line 1 is by far the most important, nine out of ten times the team which wins the 1 line wins the game. In Lights and Meds and even ligh heavies (T10 and such) you go and spot + fight at H1 (use the cover, use the geography) from either spawns, if you're a TD or a sniper med like the Panther, Pilot and such you can stay back for cover fire (at B1/2 form north spawn and at J/K2 from south spawn), heavies usually go to city and they usually stay there unless is a very one sided fight. Make sure someone is covering the mid ridge, to spot snipers and spotters. That's about it.

:facepalm:

HillBill79 #8 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22030 battles

Lemmingrush has a vid on it....

https://www.youtube....h?v=gm5uY8ZunvA

Aikl #9 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I like to imagine a 'death zone' drawn through the rough middle part of the map (valid for Fisherman's Bay, Airfield, Overlord and others). If I find myself in said 'death zone', I'm doing something wrong and should go right the fudge back.

Hope that helps! :)

(Jokes aside, feels like rushing the 1-2-line is at least a good way of gaining some map control, that is if you're lucky enough to get someone to donate HP to the enemy campers.)

Ricky_Rolls #10 Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles

Extremely easy map.

- 1st spawn (north): push 1-2 line and win or camp mid and do nothing.

- 2nd spawn (south): go mid because you can't go anywhere else, hope that you can do some dmg's before the 1-2 is pushed and you insta loose. Nobody will ever push the city anyway, so don't try to do it or you'll end up dying alone.

Muchos interesting map, just like swamp for example.

Edited by Ricky_Rolls, 04 February 2018 - 08:49 PM.

TheOneAboveAII #11 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14320 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 04 February 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Extremely easy map.

- 1st spawn (north): push 1-2 line and win or camp mid and do nothing.

- 2nd spawn (south): go mid because you can't go anywhere else, hope that you can do some dmg's before the 1-2 is pushed and you insta loose. Nobody will ever push the city anyway, so don't try to do it or you'll end up dying alone.

Muchos interesting map, just like swamp for example.

So basically..."well spawned" or..."oh, for [edited]sake"...nice map design wg...same as mines, ruinberg, live oaks, etc...

Ricky_Rolls #12 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 05 February 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

So basically..."well spawned" or..."oh, for [edited]sake"...nice map design wg...same as mines, ruinberg, live oaks, etc...

Indeed, at least it's how it works for me. Some maps are so unbalanced that you already know you gonna win/loose depending on which spawn you get.And obviously things are getting worse when they have arties and td's.

Edited by Ricky_Rolls, 05 February 2018 - 01:49 PM.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22135 battles

Depends on class but you seem to describing when using a light or medium tank. For both classes the most enjoyable and effective way I find to play this map is going to these EXACT spots on the map.

Great map for double bushing, always go middle, never settle though, you can be counter spotted and proxy spotted so it's risky but better than camping bush or other dumb muck like that.

White and Blue circles - your exact location, all bush covered but unobscured

White lines with arrows - Your unobscured lines of sight 

Red lines with arrows - Typical enemy movements from their cap and what you will be spotting/shooting

Starting North side. When starting north, I go to either of these 3 points, imo the right side point closest to the town has the advantage when starting this side, should get all the heavies and some mediums moving along, easy double bush for some really heavy damage early on. The added bonus of the town side spot is you will get a secondary spot on what is left of those same targets you spotted and shot at the begging in which case you don't shoot and let your heavies finish them off since they should now all be in the town at this stage.

The middle spot gives an overall decent spot while the left side spot will light up TDs, LTs and MTs as they make their way to the windmill to camp bush and try make their way up the left flank. If they go up left flank, nothing you can see or do obviously but when there's a brawl you might be surprised at how you can single handedly light up the windmill campers and shoot them effectively removing their threat for your own teams left flank push or at least making it much easier for them, also at this location, you will spot and get some nice damage and kills on the mass retreat and panicking enemy targets that have lost that flank and running back across their own cap for dear life but with you there, they won't ever make that other side lol, if not for your shooting, then your teams as they pop up on that left side ridge to finish off the targets you are now lighting up.

Starting South Side

I like to race up to the bushes on the left flank shank shown here. IMO, this is where starting south has the advantage. From this point you have a natural bush cover and excellent hull down position should you tank have a little bit of dep. Most targets crossing to go up and over the ridge will fall into your view range comfortably to track and kill hopefully along with a strong likelihood of spotting the enemy light tanks which hopefully, your windmill camping TDs will shoot including whatever you spot along the buildings on the ridge. Nearly every time, the enemy team that pushes the left flank will pop up and you will either spot them or else your team will in which case you either just spot or are naturally double bushed so shoot away lol. If team wins flank, you can move to the next set of bushes directly north of those and hopefully spot or else can wait for teammate to push left flank and any TDs and targets in the typical left side corner will fall within your rendering range so can shoot them. 

If that spot is taken or to well policed, can move to either of the other spots which nicely cover enemy movements towards and into the town along with being a good set of eyes to light advancing targets should the town side team fail and the enemy advances. Simply staying there well hidden and not shooting will light up targets as they press the right side and over towards the cap for your windmill camping stat padders to shoot lol.

Note, this is what I try but like any battle, it can of course, go horribly wrong but most the time it works out fine. And of course, if your team are a bunch of chimps your not gonna win obviously but you can still have a good personal round. What I like about these spots is most offer some decent level of protection be it a building to duck behind or the natural topography of the ridge so you should get a few bites at the cherry.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 05 February 2018 - 04:41 PM.

Strappster #14 Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 03 February 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

what do you do on this map ... 

Well, what I like to do initially is ...

... other than just driving around the mid ridge and pray to rngesus that arty doesn't shoot you ...

... ah, right ... er, well, you could always ...

... and don't suggest wanking in a bush on the 1-2 line...because i'd rather go and swimm with the fish ...

... oh ... well, how about ...

... and city I go only if I play something with hull armour...otherwise it's a no go ...

... yeah, me neither ... :(

Simeon85 #15 Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

South winning town + having people middle helps, cos from town you can move up that side using the cover, then kill the north-west campers by someone advancing behind their base, whilst people shoot from middle. It's tough but the best chance of winning from that side, if they one line push you have to fall back around your base, hope they push into your hull down spots. 

The map is actually really 4 quarters because there is the mid ridge, but also ridge lines that move north south that divide the map that way as well, so if you are pushed out of one quarter, you need to get the adjacent quarter if that makes sense. 

So if you are South and they push the 1 line hard, you hold your south-west quarter, using the mid ridge and middle, then take the north-east quarter. I've had games where both teams have actually completely swapped sides. 

malachi6 #16 Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles
One question. Three answers that contradict each other.  Consensus and WoT.  Never the two shall meet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users