Help! Stug4 arty missions!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

hasnainrakha57 #1 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12497 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

Guys i need help stug 4 arty missions are extremely hard.So please tell me best tier 5 or 6 arty to do missions easily!!.That arty should have stun also!!

I have grille and amx13f3 am.

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 03 February 2018 - 04:35 PM.

psychobear #2 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18475 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
erm... murican M44?

hasnainrakha57 #3 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12497 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

View Postpsychobear, on 03 February 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

erm... murican M44?

Seems good low relode time more stun!

SuedKAT #4 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I first tried it with the M41, but due to it's longish reload and the fact that stuff tend to die if you hit them at that tier I tried for a while to shoot next to stuff to just stun them. However at that tier matches are generally over way before you even can get enough shoots away to even be able to stun stuff for long enough, so I gave up on the M41 and got the M44 instead. The M44 was a lot easier due to it's RoF, aim time and the fact that targets don't instantly die if you hit them.

Shame though that so many missions mean that you have to play the tank in a less than optimal way, the arty ones included. I had hopes that they'd use the mission as an extended tutorial so people could learn a thing or two, but instead it turned out to be the complete opposite.

Strappster #5 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

I had hopes that they'd use the mission as an extended tutorial so people could learn a thing or two, but instead it turned out to be the complete opposite.

IMO they do exactly that, the problem is too many players focus on completing the mission rather than thinking about what the mission is trying to teach them.

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9951 battles

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 03 February 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Guys i need help stug 4 arty missions are extremely hard.So please tell me best tier 5 or 6 arty to do missions easily!!.That arty should have stun also!!

I have grille and amx13f3 am.

Just stick with it. I've done most in the amx, and I suck (playing arty). Did the stug-15 shortly after getting the lorr. 155 50 or something.

Archaean #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14948 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 03 February 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Seems good low relode time more stun!

hey mate, you can do all the missions, and I mean every mission from stug 4 to obj 260 with the m44 and with the M40/M43

K_A #8 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah, M44 is a good one. If you want a hard-hitting arty easily, I would suggest you start grinding the Russian heavy tank line, get the KV-2 and jump from there to the tier 7 Russian arty, S-51. It has the largest caliber arty gun at tier 7 so it can be very useful for some missions.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 03 February 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

IMO they do exactly that, the problem is too many players focus on completing the mission rather than thinking about what the mission is trying to teach them.

Well there are plenty of missions in the game which meant that I needed to play my tank in a way that neither would benefit the team nor my own chance to win, what exactly do they teach? What does the MT mission that want you to kill a bunch of TD's teach anyone? What does the several arty missions that require you to stun people teach anyone? That if they hit a target you stun it?

Kicky92 #10 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12857 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS
I did the rest of mine with the AMX F3 that you have. Its a bit tricky but do-able. 

hasnainrakha57 #11 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12497 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

View PostKicky92, on 03 February 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I did the rest of mine with the AMX F3 that you have. Its a bit tricky but do-able. 

Man that long relode and if u miss only 3 shots until reds are on your face!

Kicky92 #12 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12857 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

i managed SPG-15 in the AMX with the stock gun. you just need one of those long battles were your team does well-ish and you can fire a few times. 

I was surprised myself when i did the mission in that SPG. 

Strappster #13 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 February 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

What does the MT mission that want you to kill a bunch of TD's teach anyone?

How to approach or flank an embedded enemy that's likely to be waiting for you to appear in front of their gun. Or how to assist when a slow-moving but potent gun is brawling with your heavies. Or how to locate a hidden enemy that's got a vision advantage.

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 February 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

What does the several arty missions that require you to stun people teach anyone? That if they hit a target you stun it?

That stun is a useful way to provide support to your team. That stun can bring you rewards when your team damages the stunned target. That stunning a heavy tank may be more beneficial to your team than destroying a camping light. That aiming to splash multiple tanks and stunning them all can be more useful than damaging and stunning one or two tanks. How arty can act as a support class and how it's impact can largely be negated by your own team not utilising the stun you're providing, something that's handy to know when you're playing a different class in a different battle.

That's off the top of my head for the sake of an answer, I'm sure there are more things that can be learned from the missions if you put your mind to it.

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9951 battles

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 03 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Man that long relode and if u miss only 3 shots until reds are on your face!

for some missions it's better to use the stock gun, for some its better to use the top gun. Chose wisely

SuedKAT #15 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 03 February 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

How to approach or flank an embedded enemy that's likely to be waiting for you to appear in front of their gun. Or how to assist when a slow-moving but potent gun is brawling with your heavies. Or how to locate a hidden enemy that's got a vision advantage.

That stun is a useful way to provide support to your team. That stun can bring you rewards when your team damages the stunned target. That stunning a heavy tank may be more beneficial to your team than destroying a camping light. That aiming to splash multiple tanks and stunning them all can be more useful than damaging and stunning one or two tanks. How arty can act as a support class and how it's impact can largely be negated by your own team not utilising the stun you're providing, something that's handy to know when you're playing a different class in a different battle.

That's off the top of my head for the sake of an answer, I'm sure there are more things that can be learned from the missions if you put your mind to it.

But do you really feel that the missions teach this to a player?

Even if you reflect on what the intent of the mission might have been initially I don't see that a majority of them actually teach a player valuable things that make them improve, quite a few of them does in fact the opposite since they promote bad play and frustration due to how they are designed. Take the MT mission which require you to kill a bunch of TD's as an example, if it instead was for example "kill two TD's while they are tracked" a player might have realized how valuable it is to track a TD, especially the noneturreted ones. Now they just kill a bunch of TD's without much thought about it and based on quite a few threads on the forum about just that forum it just create frustration.

The arty stun missions I don't see as teaching anything at all, sure you and me know that it can make a difference depending on what you target, but the missions don't portray that at all, it's just stun a couple of tanks for no apparent reason for X amount of seconds. If the missions instead were designed to show and properly explain why you were doing the things they required you to do people might pick up useful things, right now we need to as you say put our mind to why a mission even exists in the first place.

Edited by SuedKAT, 03 February 2018 - 07:41 PM.

Strappster #16 Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 03 February 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

But do you really feel that the missions teach this to a player?

:confused:

View PostStrappster, on 03 February 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Does that help?

I'll concede that the missions don't spoon-feed the information to the player but IMO each player is responsible for their own game, which includes thinking about what they're doing and why.

There's enough information in the mission descriptions to at least get a player started on why they're trying to stun - for example, SPG-15.2 - "Enable your allies to cause 1,500hp of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them". Anyone who has trouble seeing what lesson can be learned from completing that mission needs more help than a tutorial.

SuedKAT #17 Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 03 February 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

:confused:

Does that help?

I'll concede that the missions don't spoon-feed the information to the player but IMO each player is responsible for their own game, which includes thinking about what they're doing and why.

There's enough information in the mission descriptions to at least get a player started on why they're trying to stun - for example, SPG-15.2 - "Enable your allies to cause 1,500hp of damage to enemy vehicles by stunning or immobilizing them". Anyone who has trouble seeing what lesson can be learned from completing that mission needs more help than a tutorial.

Yeah I get your point, I just don't feel that the missions succeed with it very well regardless if you focus on just completing the missions or reflecting on what they are there to teach you about. If a player is told why he/she is doing something he/she learns a lot more than when he/she just is told to do something. There are for example a TD mission the require you to use a camo net, if the mission did something more than tell a player to just do that they might learn why they are using it and what benefits they get from it in-game, sure the tool tip exists but we also need tanks.gg and other external tools to explain a lot of the things that happen in the game.

There are players that don't get why they should decap their own base, now we got a mission that rewards them for doing it, some might get that they prevented the enemies from winning the match, but I suspect a large portion don't. A short in-game video or an short article that accompanied the mission would have been able to provide much more info as well as explain what they personally gain from contributing that way.

I've taught people to program, or rather how to make their code more efficient, telling someone to just do it my way will never achieve anything more than them doing it when they work for me, understanding why they are doing it will make them evolve and improve, plus the discussions that start regarding it always end up in them learning and understanding even more, the same applies to this I'd say. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users