FCM 50t

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Jam_in_a_Tank_TwitchTv #1 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15588 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

So i made the mistake as i guess everyone else, but i did not know it was that bad, i mean i knew it was somewhat bad but playable at least which is not even the case, so for anyone else is thinking to actually get that tank i can surely say this is the worst ever ever and ever tank i ever played,

rate -1/10

So for anyone out there trying to find a review for this tank and is about to make the mistake, do not it guys, save your money and get anything else.

Seriously i just opened this topic to say what people say about the tank i am so curious to know, for me i cant even be patient enough to mark it.

Edited by Jam_in_a_Tank, 04 February 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Spurtung #2 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66033 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
It's a paper 'med' with preferential mm. Play it as the CDC and it's quite decent.

8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 68908 battles
That's harsh. I'd give it a point for mobility and hp, which lets you go fight the softer ones. Give the gun some needed love and we might even end up on a positive rating.

Strappster #4 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25668 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's going to be removed from sale soon. Start your conspiracy theories about what buffs it'll get shortly after now!

HidesHisFace #5 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17975 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 04 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

It's a paper 'med' with preferential mm. Play it as the CDC and it's quite decent.

No it isn't, not any more.

This tank sucks as medium substitute and can't do a heavy tank's work either. It literally robs your team from a proper heavy and doesn't give enough in return.

It used to be a go-to preferential MM heavy, but changes to the MM (that bloody template system) and years of powercreep killed it off.

That being said - OP could have just gone to the French heavy tank section on the forum. There are two FCM 50t topics there - both within the first 10 topics that you will see - both topics are filled with negative opinions about it are both are reasonably fresh. Just saying.

Edited by HidesHisFace, 04 February 2018 - 03:10 PM.

Igor_BL #6 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41215 battles
  • [GX] GX

no, it is not.

Strappster #7 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25668 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHidesHisFace, on 04 February 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

That being said - OP could have just gone to the French heavy tank section on the forum. There are two FCM 50t topics there - both within the first 10 topics that you will see - both topics are filled with negative opinions about it are both are reasonably fresh. Just saying.

Don't you come in here being all sensible and correct. This forum is for whining about match-making, OP premium tanks, UP premium tanks, whining about the deals other servers get and the occasional remove arty thread that the mods don't pick up for a day or two.

I don't know, making sense and adding valid observations ... you'll want to discuss actual gameplay next. :harp:

evilchaosmonkey #8 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16726 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostStrappster, on 04 February 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Don't you come in here being all sensible and correct. This forum is for whining about match-making, OP premium tanks, UP premium tanks, whining about the deals other servers get and the occasional remove arty thread that the mods don't pick up for a day or two.

I don't know, making sense and adding valid observations ... you'll want to discuss actual gameplay next. :harp:

So where do I whine about gold then?

Am confused... can I or can't I on this forum? ;)

jimbobjammybob #9 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 618 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 04 February 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

So i made the mistake as i guess everyone else, but i did not know it was that bad, i mean i knew it was somewhat bad but playable at least which is not even the case, so for anyone else is thinking to actually get that tank i can surely say this is the worst ever ever and ever tank i ever played,

rate -1/10

So for anyone out there trying to find a review for this tank and is about to make the mistake, do not it guys, save your money and get anything else.

Seriously i just opened this topic to say what people say about the tank i am so curious to know, for me i cant even be patient enough to mark it.

I saw you in yours the other day on sand river and you went spotting and found god.

Jam_in_a_Tank_TwitchTv #10 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15588 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

Man i am a medium player, started as a light-tanker when i first play the game, never liked heavy tanks, never like not having mobility, 

Comparing that to CDC is not even close man, belive me, i mean i do not know how to use the tank at all..

So let me brake down some points:

-Depression not enough to be a reach-line warrior, enough to work out some reaches nothing special tho,

-Gun handling, no comment guys, i love french tanks , they are decent at least, but every now and then time comes and the trolls are amazing with accurancy, one battle you may never miss a shoot, next one you might never hit shait! overall is playable is ok.

But as the tank is not good at any other aspect, thus gun should have been at least amazing so peak and shoot would be the gameplay of the tank, something that is not so reliable to do so. 

-Damage is something i need to complain tho i mean ok i got it you have some DPM but you cant play one vs one against any type of tank, and i also get it you are playing the supporting role, but in a battle of 15 vs 15 you need to support yourself at some point

-Armor, no comment

-View-range, yeah ok cool, something i love to have and boost on every tank, but wait, i need to use vents cause i need to get the best case scenario gun handling i can, on the other side, optics would give you roughly 500m if full equipped, thats cool actually, so there is a bit of a dilemma there, now i am using optics but my gun is worst so i play with food, so i get set on fire every 1-2 battles.

-Which leads to my next point, ammo rack damaged every single battle and easily setting on fire

-Side-scrapping, yeah cool something that is workable at least, on such tank tho , i dont know how to feel about it actually, is cool ok

- Reverse Side-scripe would be an advantage to have but is very limited and requires extreme knowledge of the specific tank to actually try and make it possible due to the lack of depression on back.

so yeah, and please do not even dare to say Preferential MM is something good, i get top tier one in 5 battles, rest are either against tier 9 or full tier 8, i cant even see my self as a tier 8 to be honest..

Edited by Jam_in_a_Tank, 04 February 2018 - 03:48 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51344 battles

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 04 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

-Side-scrapping, yeah cool something that is workable at least, on such tank tho , i dont know how to feel about it actually, is cool ok

- Reverse Side-scripe would be an advantage to have but is very limited and requires extreme knowledge of the specific tank to actually try and make it possible due to the lack of depression on back.

Side scrapping!!! with that turret? how?

Aikl #12 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26066 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 04 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Many people shoot the sides. Problem is, you don't have the gun depression to do it, and reverse sidescraping is even more situational.

I predict a buff. I like the playstyle, but the FCM needs better gun handling and better frontal armor or the 100mm SA47 gun to be anywhere near competitive. Beyond being less than stellar, it also occupies a T8 HT slot. Woo-hoo!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51344 battles

View PostAikl, on 04 February 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Many people shoot the sides. Problem is, you don't have the gun depression to do it, and reverse sidescraping is even more situational.

You mean that reverse sidescraping can't be done because of the 1 degree depression over the back, normal sidescraping on the other hand can be done but anyone with armor penetration indicator (which yells green) will shoot the turret. Actually even the gun mantlet is bad :)

Jam_in_a_Tank_TwitchTv #14 Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15588 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 04 February 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I now get what you mean, well i am not saying is a sidescrape king, but is something you can use as there is not much more actually to use, popping up showing only the back of the tank as the turret is front mounted can work against players how thinks FCM is like CDC , not saying the tank excels is that aspect but what can you do else ? right?! 

Edited by Jam_in_a_Tank, 04 February 2018 - 06:04 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51344 battles

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 04 February 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

emm with tank ? hello ? what do u mean actually do not get :amazed: 

Not saying is the king of side scrapping but is something you can use of at least

I mean when you sidescrape you usually trying to hide a weak hull while showing the side armor at a ricochet angle provided you have a strong turret to avoid taking damage. So you show a good turret and a ricochet angle at the hull but the FCM turret armor is cheese so you might take the shot in the hull because you will get penned in the turret anyway!

Bennie182 #16 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54935 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Funny that you come here to complain about something you've bought, while you could just have gone to the test server, buy it and test it. Then you wouldn't have bought it and not bothered us with this topic.... :facepalm:

Jam_in_a_Tank_TwitchTv #17 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15588 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View PostBennie182, on 04 February 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Funny that you come here to complain about something you've bought, while you could just have gone to the test server, buy it and test it. Then you wouldn't have bought it and not bothered us with this topic.... :facepalm:

lol man, funny how u dont get what my point is.. no offense

I am not complaining at all mate, yeah i could check it if i wanted to do so, but i would have bought it either way cause i am trying to do something marking tanks and collect.

Also i am not bothering anyone you could just not click the topic, and i am asking about opinions how u feel is fcm to see if i am the only wrong here , which i guess i am not, on top of that i comment and recommend to people who may thinking of buying it for other reasons and looking for ratings not to do so. So i dont really see any problem here..

Anyway wtv i guess, 

so after 100 battles i only manage to 2nd mark, which is sad as i expected to be fighting for 3rd mark at this point, anw, soon will come and i will post stats of that to troll the tank performance :harp: 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51344 battles

View PostBennie182, on 04 February 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Then you wouldn't have bought it and not bothered us with this topic.... :facepalm:

This topic doesn't bother me at all, feedback is always welcome especially about a bad tank as it raises the question how to "un-bad" it.

Bennie182 #19 Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54935 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 04 February 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

lol man, funny how u dont get what my point is.. no offense

I am not complaining at all mate, yeah i could check it if i wanted to do so, but i would have bought it either way cause i am trying to do something marking tanks and collect.

Also i am not bothering anyone you could just not click the topic, and i am asking about opinions how u feel is fcm to see if i am the only wrong here , which i guess i am not, on top of that i comment and recommend to people who may thinking of buying it for other reasons and looking for ratings not to do so. So i dont really see any problem here..

Anyway wtv i guess, 

so after 100 battles i only manage to 2nd mark, which is sad as i expected to be fighting for 3rd mark at this point, anw, soon will come and i will post stats of that to troll the tank performance :harp: 

that wasn't the idea I got from your post, so let's set this straight.

I'm not sure if it's bad, but long ago I felt it was really good. I do agree it got powercrept. I played it on the test server some time ago. The gun I found quite nice, because of the 212 pen, but as other people mentioned, the soft stats aren't that good. they need a buff in my opinion. I found the tank a bit too sluggish as well. I can see where the idea comes from, about buffing the armor. It could be a good idea as well.

I don't think it's a great tank these days, but I wouldn't call it bad either.

If you're still not working on the 3-mark I think that says something about the tank.. I doubt it's like only super good players players it now.

Edited by Bennie182, 04 February 2018 - 07:21 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #20 Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Terribad no, powercreeped yes,

still, people DO YOUR RESEARCH

before you buy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users