A way to predict what map will be up next.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

HundeWurst #1 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Hello guys. I have been looking into this for a longer time now and it feels its actually working reasonable well.

So here we go - If you would like to pick tanks according to what map will be played next for you.

DISCLAIMER: This is not super accurate, neither is it working all the time, but I guess 50% of time it might work.

I am often watching some streamer while I play myself, well watching... more like listing to them. In the countless downtimes - when you dont actively play I just watch the stream. What I have seen quit often is, that the map the streamer is playing and the map I either have played, play, or will play are identical. It does not even matter on which server you and the streamer are playing. They are often the same if you play at the same time.

That let me try around a bit, I just waited to let the streamer get ahead of my "battleschedule", after he entered a battle and I saw the map I picked the according tank for the map and pressed the red shiny button myself. Roughly 50% of the time I ended up playing the exact same map.

Just wanted to let you know. Ofc sometimes I got screwed and ended up on Fiery Salient in my superheavy, but it still worked quit often.

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35102 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Those are good results, WW. Keep us posted!

Pandabird #3 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
I prefer my version. jump into a TD, get bottom tier crapcow. Unless you shoot wall for 10 minutes every game. Magic top tier malinovka wtf :D

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Are your more or less clsimg that WG map changes work like this.

Server picks a map, every game created in the next 5-10 minutes are on that map.
Server picks a new map, every game created okay the next 5-10 minutes are no that map, and so on?

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7762 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostZlatanArKung, on 04 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Server picks a map, every game created in the next 5-10 minutes are on that map.
Server picks a new map, every game created okay the next 5-10 minutes are no that map, and so on?

Or you could ask clans who try to rig in random battles by having platoons click battle at the same time; often enough, they end up in different battles on different maps.

Well, depending on time of day of course.

Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44451 battles
I thought there was quite a narrow selection of maps on rotation at any one time anyway. 5 or 6?

brumbarr #7 Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 04 February 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Server picks a map, every game created in qthe next 5-10 minutes are on that map.

Should be simple enough to test, just let everyone upload their replays of a specific time today and see the prevalence of each map.

Darky1029 #8 Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13220 battles

There are 5-6 maps on rotation, the rotations change every few hours.
So if you get 5 different maps in your first 5 games, be sure to expect the same maps for a while.
Also, different servers dont share the same map rotation, im pretty sure EU1 and EU2 dont even share the same map rotations - so if you dont like the maps, switch to the other server.

I remember back in the day when there were only around 30k players online at peak hours, you could do premium platoons and get a full teams of friends against each other, it was really fun, i remember we had a game where we had 5 platoons in one game from our clan.

Tried to find a screenshot of it, but that must of been older than 2012, dont have those screens anymore.

but i found where WG found the idea for 3-5-7

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users