tier two differences battles

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Costin_M #1 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3971 battles

Hi WOT players!

I don't know if this topic was already discussed, maybe I didn't search in the right place with the write words, I apologise.

I don't know if I am the only one who's facing this problem I'd say, fighting almost 90% from battles against tanks 2 tiers up. When I had a 6 tier tank, I was fighting almost all the time against 8 tier tanks, and that wasn't so bad I'd say, because the repair costs and ammu wasn't so high. But starting from tier 7, things got quite bad, higher prices for repair and ammu and again same thing, almost all the games I had to play against tanks 2 tiers up. In a way I was forced to play most of the time with a 5 tier tank to gain money and experience to be able to buy an 8 tier tank. Now when I have 8, same problem, I play against 10 tier tanks, and this is no fun anymore because I can't even scratch them, not saying to give them damage, and in the same time I am discovered from long distances from any upper tier tank. The differences between 8 tier tanks and 10 is huge. I understand we have to play against 2 tiers up, but really, almost all the time? This is too much. I pay money to buy gold to convert the experiences but now I have to pay other money to buy coins to be able to repair my 8 tier tank and buy ammu so I can play because I play only against 9 and 10 tier tanks and I tried different strategies to not die at least and I always end the game with minus X coins. Again I have an 8 tier tank but I am forced to play with a much lower tier tank to be able to gain experiences and money so I can buy an 9 tier tank and that is not funny at all. When I had 6 and I was playing against 8, I said it will be so until I'll have 7. When I had 7, I played against 9. Now When I have 8, I hoped things will be better and I will play against -1 or +1 tier tanks, but no. Is there any option in this game to fix this problem and I don't know about it? 

Or at least make the game to play let's say 50% from battles against 2 tiers up and 50% against 2 tiers lower. 

I really hope this is not an "ip racism" and I'll have to be forced in a way to change my ip pretending that I am from another country.

Best regards!

PowJay #2 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34958 battles

1. Topic discussed to death.

2. No. It is a product of the new MM.

3. You are not being picked on.

4. Learn to play better and don't rush the tiers.

5. Learn the meaning of paragraphs.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPowJay, on 04 February 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

4. Learn to play better and don't rush the tiers.

That's the most important part.

MeNoobTank #4 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10430 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

Why would you buy gold for free xp or ammo ? If you have money to spend on a game you would better buy a cheap premium tank when it is on offer. Maybe a Tier 6 would be the best. You get +50% more credits than with a regular tank.

You should learn the game first (learn all the maps and tanks armour values) for exemple from tanks.gg. They show you all the weak spots on all of the tanks you can meet. https://tanks.gg/

ortega456 #5 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60392 battles

Cut him some slack. Its his first post and hes new to the game. And having a tier 8 after 1.5k battles isnt rushing tiers....

Regarding op:

Search the forum and especially the pinned matchmaking thread and youll get the picture of whats going on.

Since a couple of patches the matchmakimg changed resulting in lower tiers beeing bottom tier most of the time. Everybody suffers the same like you while wargaming refuses to acknowledge that there even is a problem.

After players will get dissatisfied and play less or buy fewer premium tanks wg will change the matchmaking.

Good luck enduring the mm pain...

Morgaroth_ #6 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26136 battles
Problem still remains even If you are good in the game or not. With tier 8 tanks all you can do is spam prem ammo in these corridor maps against tier 10. You will be matched against tier 10 and 9 tanks 90% of the time. Not much you can do against tier 10 tanks with your tier 8. Try to support your own higher tier tanks and hope they dont suck.. 

Homer_J #7 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 04 February 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

That's the most important part.

No.

View PostPowJay, on 04 February 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

5. Learn the meaning of paragraphs.

Is.

Renesco #8 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21191 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
Back in my day tier 4s saw tier 9s

Balc0ra #9 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier 6 and 8 can be a bit messed up atm at times, even more so if you are stock. Then again we don't know what your issues are vs how you play. Your high tiers tanks are mobile TD's with great guns for +2 when you have all the modules. But if you sit back and wait for the damage in the usual TD places, you might have to fight +2 alone vs if you use their mobility to flank fire etc in support of your high tiers.

The tier 8 you own is not great stock, and their guns might be lacking then. But the top gun has more then enough pen to punch a hole in a tier X. As it's the same gun that's on two tier 9 mediums more or less... If you know where to aim that is. And you are mobile enough to move away if you don't want to fight as it's on a medium tank hull.  And if you can't pen them, go for the tracks if you have help. An enemy that can't move is easier for your friendlies to deal with close up. And you get XP for any damage they do. But ideally you should move to a lane that gives you flank fire shots if possible if you use the 20 pdr still. As your TD's are mobile to. Use it. It's not always ideal to sit at the back in the TD's spot and wait for damage regardless of tiers.

View PostCostin_M, on 04 February 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

I really hope this is not an "ip racism" and I'll have to be forced in a way to change my ip pretending that I am from another country.

And why would WG do that? As it's not like we all are from the same countries as is. I suspect it's a case of rushed tiers then anything. No point racing to the top if you don't know how to fight most targets you face. If you struggle vs some targets more so then others, as in you still can't pen them. You need to go to sites like Tank.gg and learn weakspots before you move up tiers. As having a tier X is not ideal if you have no idea where to aim on enemy tanks, even less so if you use AP on the tier X you are going to.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47827 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

Hi Costin and welcome to the forums,

• WOT economy revolves around having a premium account which gives you 50% more credits and XP per battle, that can alleviate the credits problem but won't solve it as playing any tier higher than 7 usually ends in a credit loss because you have to shoot premium ammo sometimes at higher tiers and the repair costs.
  • You need a tier 8 premium to generate credits for the other standard vehicles which loses credits.
  • BUT first you need to learn the basics of the game in tier 6 and below to play the higher tiers well which will also help with the credit income.
  • The game has a few mechanics you'll need to learn and also you need to know map positioning.
  • For example you can watch replays on Youtube for the charioteer or you can go to http://wotreplays.eu/ to download replays for the charioteer in different maps to learn how to play it good.
  • Don't concern yourself at this stage with the economy of the game. Play good tanks and play them good and that problem will sort itself out.
  • Watch replays and videos for as long as you can before clicking "Battle".
  • British and german tanks are not the best for the first line you want to research, try the medium russian line (T34-85) or the heavy russian line (KV-1), much easier to learn the basics in those.
  • Don't touch a tier 8 until you improve your game play in the lower tiers.
  • Don't use gold to convert free XP to unlock higher tier tanks, free XP is best used to unlock modules in a researched tank (top gun, top turret, tracks).

Good luck!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47827 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 05 February 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

!

OMG! I can't stand this, back to my old obnoxious self :)

Costin_M #12 Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3971 battles

Ok. I have Charioteer. I go on this line because I saw the 10th tier is very good. Usually I spend the time somewhere in the back of the action and supporting the front line (light, medium and heavy tanks) because usually the anti-tanks have a low armour, but a good shoot. But from tier 8, I really tried different strategies, and it isn't working very good against higher level tanks. The only chance to put down a higher level tank is to shoot it from the back and it isn't easy at all, because from the front and sides, the worst thing that I can do is to break its track. I know many good spots from where I can shoot, but all I can do is to shoot the enemies in front or sides and you all know that if you're discovered, you have to leave your good spot as fast as you can because the arty can take you down and that happened for many times to me. Then is another problem, playing against higher level tanks, one shot is very enough to take you down as soon as you leave your good spot and discover yourself. Another weak thing in all this is that for many times I don't even know who discovered me. The higher level tanks can spot me from long distances and I don't even know where they are, I am forced to leave my spot because of the arty and then I'm shot from anywhere.

I had Archer and Achilles and everything was good because for many times I had the chance to play against tanks from "my age", maximum one tier up and I enjoyed the game even if I wasn't winning or taking down the enemies, but at least I didn't end up by just scratching the enemies like I was giving them a massage. 

Now from tier 8, everything is much expensive and I can't make money in a battle at least to repair my tank and buy the lost ammo, not saying to make money and experience to buy better modules.

For time to time I buy gold because in a way I support the stuff from behind of this game and yes I can convert the experience from premium tanks and use it to buy different modules or to train the teams from my tanks or to buy a higher tier tank easier, hoping that at the next level, I won't always play against 2 tier up tanks.

I love anti-tanks but I guess I have to change my preferences and try a medium or heavy tank line, because from my opinion, with those playing systems, the anti-tanks are very disadvantaged, or, I can continue playing with my 5th and 6th tier tanks to earn money and experience to buy the next tier anti-tank, even if I won't play with it, until I'll reach the 10th tier anti-tank, and then I can enjoy playing with an anti-tank.

Thanks a lot for your advices and I hope soon the playing systems will be changed and every one will have the pleasure to play the game, no matter what line of tanks he chose to play.

Yep, I played all night again and, like usually almost 90% against tanks 2 tier higher. I think I'll just forget about this game. They say the battles are made +2 -2 tiers, but is the I don't know how many times when I played only against +2. This isn't fun at all. Have a good playing time guys. Maybe I'll play this game next year when maybe this problem will be fixed. See ya!

Penzijon3r_2017 #13 Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5680 battles

I expect that they will introduce new MM after WoT1.0 come out in March.

these would be nice:

5/5/5

7/8

xPraetoriaNx #14 Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20345 battles
  • [_HOD_] _HOD_

View PostxPraetoriaNx, on 31 January 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

While I too hate to "constantly" go against enemies 2 tiers above me, with the current base MM system it's pure math.

Game picks 7 players from tier n, 5 players from tier n+1, and 3 from tier n+2 (yeah I didn't use "x" to avoid confusion).

That means, that the chance of you being one of the top tanks is 3/15, of being "middle tier" is 5/15, and of being bottom tier is 7/15. In percentages, that's 20% for top, 33,33(333)% for middle, and 46,66(666)% for bottom tier. But these are just "on paper" numbers, so it might wary depending on your luck. I started writing stuff down to make some stats, after 189 battles I was bottom tier in 49% of my matches (93 times).

So yeah, while it's frustrating as hell, it's easy to see why does it feel like that you're constantly the weakest in a battle.

​I'm lazy to type this down again, lol.

MrClark56 #15 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 5880 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

What pisses me off when i am bottom tier, is when top tier tanks players can't make the difference between their arse and their keyboard... so they eff up the game for all the other ones trying to win the game..

Yesterday i had a TOP tier t54 mod 1.. moving around as if he was lost... he was surrounded by enemy tanks.. and couldn't even see the one shooting him in the arse 30 m away...

yep that was our top tier tank fighting for the rest of the team..

ok rant over..

OP what are you on about? my eyes bled after reaching 4 lines down your post..

Edited by MrClark56, 05 February 2018 - 08:03 AM.

veso_vn #16 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18615 battles
The game is really hard for new players that is the truth. It`s hard to play tier 4 5 or 6 against players with 6th sens and 4 skill on crew.... Even if they make +-1 MM you still have a bad time because of this reasons . MM +-1 tier is for me good for balansing the tiers.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postortega456, on 04 February 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

And having a tier 8 after 1.5k battles isnt rushing tiers....

When he isn't anywhere near carrying his own weight in a battle and when he is constantly complaining about how overchallenged he is with everything, then he IS rushing up the tiers.

There are few players who are ready for the higher tiers with that battlecount. 

@ topic: When I read your posts I constantly stumble across "higher tier tanks", "tier ten" and how you are overchallenged with everything. So why don't you simply fall back a few tiers to get more experience with the things you struggle with? Especially since MM is a bit problematic at times indeed.

If your only goal in the game is to rush up to tier ten, I'll have to ask... why? That's not the goal of the game. There is close to zero endgame content, so, unless you already are in a clan that needs you for clanwars, there is no need to rush it. Besides that, higher tier gameplay is pretty boring.

edit: Also, in accordance with the old tradition: 1567

Edited by Jigabachi, 05 February 2018 - 10:16 AM.

PowJay #18 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34958 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 05 February 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

When he isn't anywhere near carrying his own weight in a battle and when he is constantly complaining about how overchallenged he is with everything, then he IS rushing up the tiers.

There are few players who are ready for the higher tiers with that battlecount.

This

I have now played at all tiers in several vehicles at each tier. I am even experienced enough to have sold a tier X vehicle. Despite my experience and pretty good overall performance, I will be the first to admit that I struggle at tier VIII and above in particular. This despite being able to carry battles- WELL- at the lower tiers. I simply can't make enough of a difference at higher tiers.

Some of this can be blamed on crews. Because I have kept so many vehicles I have had many higher tier crews with zero extra skills. This is just one example of small differences that can make huge differences at higher tiers. Another reason is (quite simply) that I don't appear to be good enough to sustain positive win rates in many of the higher tier vehicles that I have played. Why? I don't know. I have had some excellent battles, but I cannot sustain this game after game, day after day.

The current MM seriously punishes tier VIII in particular. I try to make a difference with experience and a generous amount of Premium ammo when necessary, but I can't win when my tier IX and X are totally incapable of carrying their own weight. Playing bottom tier is at least enjoyable when you can support a strong team, but when you are urinating into a stiff breeze with a team of numpties, it is no fun at all.

Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36801 battles

+2 MM is quite normal. Also - you get a bonus for shooting higher tier tanks. +2 MM you are not expected to carry so hang back and support, hit what you can - a +2 MM LT fest is whipped cream on tits.

Also as said - don't rush tiers. An untrained crew is breakfast at higher tiers.

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCostin_M, on 05 February 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

*snip*

Your main problem is that you rushed to tier 8 without gaining experience. The goal isn't to get to tier 10 asap. It's to get to know the basics and apply them before you go above tier 7 because if you don't know the game mechanics and didn't learn from your mistakes until then you will have a very hard time in all tiers. As many players already mentioned play tier 5-6 for a while and learn the game where it's not expensive to play. A tier 10 tank with a big boom stick won't make you play better. The game isn't just point and click. 

Also tagged with tier, two, differences, battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users