39 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40470 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

https://www.mmowg.ne...the-works-page/

From the Russian “In the works” page.

Notice: the source is operated by the community so some of the facts mentioned might be wrong. (source : the armored patrol)

Equipment:

• Polish tree. According to A. Pankov, several versions of the branches are ready, which will be published in the near future. Tanks TKS z n.k.m. 20 A, Czołg średni B.B.T.Br.Panc are being tested, the Polish nation has been added to the filter in the client, consumables, icons of the crew members, emblems and inscriptions have been added and the first Polish tank, the Pudel, has already been released.
  • Italian tree: Medium tanks with OTO Centauro (Leopard analog) in top and PT (Release: 2018-2019 after Polish). The developers announced the first Italian premium tier 8 medium tank, the Progetto M35 mod 46, with a new loading mechanism. Other Italian vehicles that will make it into the game: Fiat 3000, Carro Armato, L6 / 40, Carro Armato M13 / 40, Carro Armato M14 / 41, Carro Armato P26 / 40, Ansaldo-Fiat P43 bis.
  • Three Swiss branches: – LT / MT / HT, TD, Arty.
  • Israeli branch.
  • Hungarian and Romanian branches (due to lack of equipment only as part of other nations or the European tree).
  • Wheeled vehicles.
  • Possible hydropneumatic suspension for the STB-1
  • British, Swedish and Japanese light tanks
  • Top Swedish mediums (Tiers 8, 9, 10) – are divided into two versions: Tier 10 – Strv A or Udes 15/16, stock Strv T; tier 9 – Strv K (a hybrid of Kranvagn’s chassis and Centurion turret) or Udes 14; tier 8 – Lansen 25t a.k.a. Lansen m / 51.
  • The branches of Spain: Tiers 1-5 – Trubia A, CCI 1937, Verdeja n1, Verdeja n2, Verdeja n3 and tier 10 El Nino (hybrid of Leopard I and AMX 30 turrets), tiers 6-9 – Spanish versions of M41 Walker Bulldog, British FV101 Scorpion and M47 Patton.

Maps

• Maps in HD (already shown 18 maps of the Sand River, Redshire, Prokhorovka, Murovanka, Mountain Pass, Mines, Malinovka, Himmelsdorf, El Halluf, Cliff, Monastery, Fjords, Erlenberg, Steppes, Fisherman’s Bay, Ruinberg, Pilsen, Nebelburg, Arctic Region) will be introduced at once. It’s very difficult to support two render engines for HD and non-HD cards.
  • Reworked maps: Stalingrad, Berlin, Monte Rosa (there is no final verdict on the map), Overlord, Pilsen, Erlenberg, Sacred Valley. It is possible to return reworked old maps to the game (they have maps like Pearl River, North-East, Province, Komarin, etc. in mind (Reminder: Province rework is already being tested)).
  • Maps Poland (the first name of the map “Studianka”;), Pacific Island, Naglfar, Ridge 3, Arizona, Slit, Ridge, Ice ships (night), Smolensk, Inca road, Detroit, Secret place, Secret place B, Castle, Simferopol, Minsk, Moscow, lie “on the shelf” until all the current maps are in HD as we have no manpower to implement new ones.
  • Maps Savanah, Texas, Arizona have not been tested, but (according to developers’ answers) after HD maps they can again go to the Super Test, as well as the removed maps from the game (Severogorsk, Port, Dragon Ridge, Northwest, Komarin, Province, Hidden Village, Pearl River, South Shore, Stalingrad, Overlord);

Gamemodes:

• PvE mode (Team surviva; against several waves of bots, the more waves you last – the bigger the reward) the work is done on bots, there are plans, to use bots in different modes (for example, in historical battles in the form of low-level extra vehicles). The development was bogged down for a long time due the complexity of humanlike behavior and the heavy load on the server.
  • Reworked historical battles, work on historical companies is being conducted, future of this gamemode depends on what tests will show.Historical battles shall receive special maps. This feature won’t arrive anytime soon.
  • The physics engine Havok Destruction will be released together with HD maps in March 2018 (WG Fest 2016 showed physical destruction of objects (columns and fences));

Graphics:

• HD maps (all current maps are being tested, bugs are fixed, the water remains crystal clear even if a tank passes through a puddle) will appear in March 2018.
  • A new system of vegetation drawing will appear in March 2018;
  • The impact of the shock wave on the surrounding objects when a tank is firing, trampled vegetation and the water waves will appear in March 2018;
  • Dynamic pollution and soaked tanks will appear in March 2018;
  • Different weather conditions are being tested.
  • Begin to use the Granite SDK 4.0 game technology, which will add to the game textures of high resolution (up to 8K) and photorealistic lighting. Also, the load time and the amount of memory occupied by the textures will decrease.
  • 3D customization (logs, bags, boxes, actual camouflage nets, helmets, tools, etc.).

Other:

• Removed damage to allies. The damage to allies was turned off in the Halloween gamemode in 2017.
  • A new anti-cheat system that does not allow the installation of banned mods.
  • The second season of Personal Missions is in development, with the preservation of the first and progress on it.
  • Bonus for tanking and dealing damage.
  • The system of gratitude to the players. In May 2017 something similar appeared in WoT Blitz.
  • A new crew system is being worked on. Removal of 50% and 75% crew training. Earlier it was planned to make the crew not separable to fit any other tank. The concept is similar to the crew in WoWS. Full rework crew skills, for greater variability while upgrading crews.
  • Avoid the direct sale of premium tanks with side customization (Premium camouflages, etc.)

Jigabachi #2 Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Timeframe: 2018-2050

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40470 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

View PostJigabachi, on 05 February 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

JCTagger #4 Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If only you weren't so right... :(

Especially the bits about maps old and new...

Does occur to me, though - given numerous mentions in the above document about difficulties reconciling the changes with server load, and the high frequency (over Xmas in particular) or servers falling over, perhaps they should focus on improving their servers before anything else...

Oh, wait.. Better servers don't make WG any money, just improve the game for the players... Sorry, silly of my to even think it...

Strappster #5 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValkyrionX, on 05 February 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Other:

• Removed damage to allies. The damage to allies was turned off in the Halloween gamemode in 2017.

Damage to allies being turned off in a game mode that also introduced secondary turrets and encouraged spam firing is one thing. Removing another risk/reward element in the proper game is another thing entirely. I wouldn't complain about the introduction of a separate game mode for those who can't tell the difference between red and green tanks but removing FF altogether is taking dumbing down too far.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 05 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Damage to allies being turned off in a game mode that also introduced secondary turrets and encouraged spam firing is one thing. Removing another risk/reward element in the proper game is another thing entirely. I wouldn't complain about the introduction of a separate game mode for those who can't tell the difference between red and green tanks but removing FF altogether is taking dumbing down too far.

Yupp, that point scared me a bit, too, but I didn't want to be even more of a partypooper. Last time we had a thread about all kinds of promises and plans by WG, people criticised me for being right being realistic not being blind being a whiner.

Edited by Jigabachi, 05 February 2018 - 11:15 AM.

Element6_TheSprout #7 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 28046 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
New stuff \o/

DracheimFlug #8 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8920 battles
Would love to see a British light tank tree, but not holding my breath on it happening any time soon. That list seems to have both short and long range plans, but it seems like people cannot comprehend such a thing?

UserZer00 #9 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles
Are they going to havr the Swiss tanks spawn in the middle of the map and remain neutral during the battle?

iztok #10 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 05 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Uh oh, lots of stuff. Who will remember all the weakspots? I guess I'll load even moar gold. ;)

JCTagger #11 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUserZer00, on 05 February 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Are they going to havr the Swiss tanks spawn in the middle of the map and remain neutral during the battle?

Yes. Also, extra mountain goat routes will be accessible only to the Swiss, and erm.... Special Rulestm will apply regarding Gold...

JCTagger #12 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 February 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Would love to see a British light tank tree, but not holding my breath on it happening any time soon. That list seems to have both short and long range plans, but it seems like people cannot comprehend such a thing?

Given the blurring of "World War 2" through Korea and into Cold War era tonks already in game (So, T62, but no Chieftain, hmmm?),

Brit LT line topping out at Scorpion, perchance? It's been in service long enough...

malachi6 #13 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48570 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 05 February 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yupp, that point scared me a bit, too, but I didn't want to be even more of a partypooper. Last time we had a thread about all kinds of promises and plans by WG, people criticised me for being right being realistic not being blind being a whiner.

Given most team damage is done deliberately.  I am not sure how removing it is "dumbing down",

Strappster #14 Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmalachi6, on 05 February 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

Given most team damage is done deliberately.  I am not sure how removing it is "dumbing down",

"Should I take a chance on putting a shot into that melee or not?" "Should I try to help my team mate or wait until he's wrecked?" "Can I relocate to get a safer shot or will that put my tank into someone's firing line?"

... becomes ...

"i hits team mate but who cares lol just keep spamming left-click"

I was deliberately shot by a team mate last night but only after he'd given up trying to push me out into enemy fire for the crime of pointing out that by hiding behind me and firing, he was getting me shot. Removing team damage isn't going to make him any less of an arsehole and at least when he's shooting me, I can goad him into shooting me three times and getting a ban. My battle had already been wrecked, the team damage didn't have anything to do with that.

malachi6 #15 Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48570 battles

View PostStrappster, on 05 February 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

"Should I take a chance on putting a shot into that melee or not?" "Should I try to help my team mate or wait until he's wrecked?" "Can I relocate to get a safer shot or will that put my tank into someone's firing line?"

... becomes ...

"i hits team mate but who cares lol just keep spamming left-click"

I was deliberately shot by a team mate last night but only after he'd given up trying to push me out into enemy fire for the crime of pointing out that by hiding behind me and firing, he was getting me shot. Removing team damage isn't going to make him any less of an arsehole and at least when he's shooting me, I can goad him into shooting me three times and getting a ban. My battle had already been wrecked, the team damage didn't have anything to do with that.

How many shots are accidental compared to deliberate do you think?  I like the team damage system. I know it is majoritively exploited by griefers. As I am sure you do as well.  If it's main use is to screw other players over.  then removing it, despite it being a shame, is logical.

Aikl #16 Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

They've talked about crew (skills) system rework for four-ish years, and creating HD tanks was only finished recently. Think about that for a second. What essentially is a purely visual project took four-five years to complete - that speaks volumes about the way Wargaming are able to work. Sure, some tanks require research and measuring - but that doesn't explain why e.g. a WZ-120, which is quite literally a T-54(A) clone, took so long compared to the Russian T-54.

View Postmalachi6, on 05 February 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

With the lack of sources or argumentation, I can only assume that you're drawing from personal experience.

I'd guess it's the opposite. The amount of games where someone deliberately shoots me (or I observe others being deliberately shot) are far fewer than accidental shots in the heat of battle. Well, slight exception for artillery, perhaps. I consider 'danger close' support fire rather deliberate.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmalachi6, on 05 February 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Play a random tank and think about it.

If you still aren't sure, play something like a KV-2 or a random arty and think about it again.

Edited by Jigabachi, 05 February 2018 - 01:00 PM.

ValkyrionX #18 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40470 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

apart from the bullshits, I think that after the 1.0 update the game development teams will give more priority and speed to the development of the game (new personal missions, new maps and new features and game modes...at least for me the most important priorities for the game , without mentioning the balancing of maps and tanks)

I do not want to be always pessimistic but I think that after 1.0 the game with each patch will always have something new .. so we are waiting for the Italian premium tier 8 med tank to see in detail how the self-loading system will work ; this will be a nice news in my opinion, as well as a possible inclusion of the system of hydraulic suspension for the stb-1 and all the things mentioned on the Russian WOT site

apart from a game that becomes more and more pay2win where are you willing to buy to play and clearly unbalanced in many things WG is partially taking a correct direction at least on some things, despite everything and the arty completely useless for the game..  I still like it and I think it will only improve ,certainly we will never have the game we want 100% but we can not expect everything from a company that obviously has to make money on this game

Gardar7 #19 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22645 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-
Dragon Ridge! 

Aikl #20 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostValkyrionX, on 05 February 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

apart from the bullshits, I think that after the 1.0 update the game development teams will give more priority and speed to the development of the game (new personal missions, new maps and new features and game modes...at least for me the most important priorities for the game , without mentioning the balancing of maps and tanks)

I do not want to be always pessimistic but I think that after 1.0 the game with each patch will always have something new .. so we are waiting for the Italian premium tier 8 med tank to see in detail how the self-loading system will work ; this will be a nice news in my opinion, as well as a possible inclusion of the system of hydraulic suspension for the stb-1 and all the things mentioned on the Russian WOT site

apart from a game that becomes more and more pay2win where are you willing to buy to play and clearly unbalanced in many things WG is partially taking a correct direction at least on some things, despite everything and the arty completely useless for the game..  I still like it and I think it will only improve ,certainly we will never have the game we want 100% but we can not expect everything from a company that obviously has to make money on this game

want to be optimistic as well, but I've played this game for far too long to go beyond 'realistic'. Consider that 'patch 1.0' (the HD engine/maps, at least) has been in the works for close to one and a half years. I see no real reason to think that 1.0 signifies anything special.

Quite a few items mentioned in the first post have been mentioned years ago, and we see little of it.Other stuff seems rather pointless.

WoT does not feel like a game where the developers need to branch out and detail the game with e.g. hydraulic suspension systems or wheeled vehicles - because there are problems within the core game.

Compare that to War Thunder. It's not perfect, but they've made a decent recipe that is good enough that they can afford to work on details and tweaks. Not saying that War Thunder is a better game (they're different, for one thing), but it is a game where the meta doesn't seem to change all that much outside of balancing and tweaking game mechanics that don't work as intended. Compare that to WoT. Who the heck needs wheeled vehicles when the vast majority of maps don't allow mobility-based exploitation?

(On second thought, the recent 'forum offensive' by the community staff, specifically Kandly and Ph3lan, leaves me with more hope than some empty promises from WoT's CEO - might be because it's such a radical change from the usual non-interaction we've become accustomed to.)

Edited by Aikl, 05 February 2018 - 01:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users