Ammo explosion suggestion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

dark_dumah #1 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2629 battles
Wouldn't it be cool if the ammo rack detonation would cause damage in a 2-3 meter radius around your tank?. For example say you get surrounded and they all come up close like right in your face and detonate your ammo, you should at least damage them from the explosion for being too close to you when they blow you up ( there should be a downside to ammo racking someone from up close) would add a sort of precaution mechanic to the game that would make you think a bit more before you actually go with 3 guys right up someone's [edited]( you might all get some damage or a bit of stun). Anyway just a suggestion maybe sounds like something that people would enjoy and would also make someone who got ammo racked from up close feel like they at least stunned or damaged and helped the team even in death.

Spurtung #2 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60111 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

If the turret lands on another tank, there will be damage being dealt. That has happened since ammo rack kills started blowing up turrets.

I think that's enough.

xx984 #3 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50845 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
While its not the worst idea ive ever heard, I would rather they be left as it is. There is no reason to change them so why try to fix something that is not broken. Especially when WG is in charge of the 'fixing' :ohmy:

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14295 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View Postxx984, on 05 February 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

While its not the worst idea ive ever heard, I would rather they be left as it is. There is no reason to change them so why try to fix something that is not broken. Especially when WG is in charge of the 'fixing' :ohmy:

Do you stream?

Sorry for offtopic.

amcuculmare #5 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16641 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

View Postdark_dumah, on 05 February 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be cool if the ammo rack detonation would cause damage in a 2-3 meter radius around your tank?. For example say you get surrounded and they all come up close like right in your face and detonate your ammo, you should at least damage them from the explosion for being too close to you when they blow you up ( there should be a downside to ammo racking someone from up close) would add a sort of precaution mechanic to the game that would make you think a bit more before you actually go with 3 guys right up someone's [edited]( you might all get some damage or a bit of stun). Anyway just a suggestion maybe sounds like something that people would enjoy and would also make someone who got ammo racked from up close feel like they at least stunned or damaged and helped the team even in death.

No reason to do this.

Tanks do not explode like the cars do in Hollywood movies, and that event can not damage the other nearby tanks. Even the ammo-rack explosion animation that we have now in game is quite exaggerated.

xx984 #6 Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50845 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 February 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Do you stream?

Sorry for offtopic.

Want to :P PC im on now isn't very good and wouldn't be able to handle it, as my main PC broke down. Getting new one soonish hopefully then i want to give it a go 

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postamcuculmare, on 05 February 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

Tanks do not explode like the cars do in Hollywood movies

Shows the grim reality.

Baldrickk #8 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postdark_dumah, on 05 February 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

No reason to do this.

Tanks do not explode like the cars do in Hollywood movies, and that event can not damage the other nearby tanks. Even the ammo-rack explosion animation that we have now in game is quite exaggerated.

Well, your videos are all of the ammo rack "cooking off" i.e. the munitions are burning, not exploding.

They can explode:

Jigabachi #9 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To cause an explosion that would harm the tanks around you, you'd need way more explosive substances inside the tank and way more steel wrapped around it.

WoT isn't realistic at all, but no need to make it worse.

Baldrickk #10 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostJigabachi, on 05 February 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

To cause an explosion that would harm the tanks around you, you'd need way more explosive substances inside the tank and way more steel wrapped around it.

WoT isn't realistic at all, but no need to make it worse.

I wasn't suggesting that OPs suggestion was wanted, in case you thought I was. 

Just demonstrating that the ammo rack blowing off is realistic. 

amcuculmare #11 Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16641 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

View PostBaldrickk, on 05 February 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

Well, your videos are all of the ammo rack "cooking off" i.e. the munitions are burning, not exploding.

They can explode:

I guess you are right, but even in this case the turret just flips off the tank. 

To damage another tank close to one that is getting ammo explosion, that explosion should be comparable to a tactical nuke.

Like Jigabachi said, WoT is not exactly a realistic sim - but let's not make it a anime movie please. ;)

Edited by amcuculmare, 06 February 2018 - 12:09 AM.

Baldrickk #12 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postamcuculmare, on 06 February 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

I guess you are right, but even in this case the turret just flips off the tank. 

To damage another tank close to one that is getting ammo explosion, that explosion should be comparable to a tactical nuke.

Like Jigabachi said, WoT is not exactly a realistic sim - but let's not make it a anime movie please. ;)

Yes.  As I said in my reply to Jiga, posting the video was to site that ARs do explode the turret off the tank. Not that it'll level the terrain around it

Jigabachi #13 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBaldrickk, on 05 February 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

I wasn't suggesting that OPs suggestion was wanted, in case you thought I was. 

I didn't. ;)

My comment was just a general answer to the OP.

btw: Now, whenever I open Youtube on my phone, it suggests lots of Allahusnackbar videos...

If you don't see me posting this week, I got imprisoned for terrorism and having over 500 pictures of cats on my phone. No idea which will cause the main punishment.

Edited by Jigabachi, 06 February 2018 - 09:01 AM.

jimbobjammybob #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 618 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

No reason to do this.

I reckon you are cherry picking your videos as am I. Bottom line is your statement about cars is not relevant and tanks can and do explode quite violently!. tanks dont fight in close proximity like they do in game ( generally) and I am certain that any tank sat next to one of these would suffer similar damage to a HE round not penetrating, crew injuries, damage to optics ETC.

hasnainrakha57 #15 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
Well I will stay away from Chinese and russian tanks.Especially is7.:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users