Update 1.0 Common Test - General Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
452 replies to this topic

Coenraad #421 Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10276 battles
Can't log in.  Keeps telling my email or password is wrong, while it works just fine on the site and live game? I see the ping if i select servers so i assume they are up?

general_mayhem #422 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7264 battles

Last update v0.9.23 Common Test as of March 7.

- Starting the 1st game takes forever.

- When the game starts,most of the team is invisible and my tank is LOD zero.

- Then, after about 10-20 seconds, screen freezes up for about 5-10 seconds.

- When trying to report an error (see image) I get this message from the forum, although I'm logged in.

Keep up the good work!

PS: Intel i5 3570K (overclocked), 8GB, Nvidia GTX 1070, Samsung SSD 840 Pro, HDD WD Black SATA-600.

WoT installed on HDD, not planning on moving it to SSD.

Edited by general_mayhem, 07 March 2018 - 04:28 PM.

OldPhart #423 Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12678 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Well despite having a powerful computer and graphics card with lots of memory and SSD HD running.  I'm still waiting for nearly three minutes to get into the game due to slow loading of game and then when I get in mine and other players tanks are not rezzed.  Some only become visible around me after about 30 seconds into game by with time I've gone through a period of not being able to move and screen is frozen.  I've made sure nothing else is running on my computer to see if this helps.  However, despite all these slow loading of game and graphics etc , the game runs fine at high frame rates after all the previous problems.  I know other guys have been having same problems so I hope the powers that be on public test servers can sort this out before game is released onto main servers.  I'm going to uninistal  the public server and wait to see how things go when its released to the full WOT community.

Warm regards to all.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #424 Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46418 battles

Worst test environment in the history of test environments!!!

• Why are there arty? testing the new graphics?????
  • Lots of team damage. Russian players are the worst in that regard. Half the time your team looks like a group of escapees from a mental institution.
  • Lots of FV4005 which one shots tanks meaning no more test. Back to garage and repeat only to find more of them in the next battle!
  • Gold ammo spam can be tolerated (on the live server) from a few of the enemy team but to be the norm again shortens the battle span and remove the tinniest possibility of having any fun on the test server.
  • Oh, and the new graphics. Not that interesting to be honest! You waited on balance issues, new maps issue, old premiums issue, map exploits and a load of other problems only to come up with this crap??? and converting one map to HD takes around 3 months??? well, your new maps still unplayable and look like crap!

Pretty much the above summarize my usual problems with the game, mine and others too i believe and i know that WG can't revert back (or at least revise) the planned changes but i also know that you deserve no money for this, simple right?

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 08 March 2018 - 07:37 AM.

rgv250 #425 Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24605 battles

the tier 10 mm is still [edited]like the rest of the game mm

and gameplay sucks more than ever thx;for not listening to us

rgv250 #426 Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24605 battles

arty playing is a bugger reload times are too long and this is visible in the game stats

almost no damage in short time playing thx for the bad gameplay

splash damage is crapno one's doing anything with it

zigasi86 #427 Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20854 battles
FPS is all over the place now...playing 1440p 144hz

54SAKARYALI54 #428 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6639 battles
  • [HESAP] HESAP
Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 March 2018 - 04:14 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to wrong language

54SAKARYALI54 #429 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6639 battles
  • [HESAP] HESAP
Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 March 2018 - 04:14 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to wrong language

th013 #430 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39101 battles

View PostKandly, on 01 March 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Patch Notes - 1.0 Beta, Stage 4

• FPS drop in the sniper mode when aiming through semi-transparent bushes.
  • Low performance at the Ultra settings during the first seconds after loading a map.
  • Performance drops in some cases when switching to the sniper mode.

On MAXIMUM(SD) setting , not ultra- game unplayable (fx 6300/8gb/rx 470/ 3TB HDD defragmentation done) - lagging up to 40 seconds into game.

Sniping mode quite often feels like 3fps... sure not only in bushes 

Even in high(SD) mode, sometimes first 10 seconds I see tanks without textures, then game freezes for few seconds, and then run normal.

Please consider postponing release before basic playing experience is resolved.

edit:

Maximum gfx, not ultra, not even tried ultra, resolution is 1920x1080, borderless window

to add: even returning to garage after game feels like "forever".... not actually forever, but it's significant time, would more prefere garage without graphics in 1sec than waiting 5-10-15 seconds to get some useless background.-

Edited by th013, 13 March 2018 - 01:57 PM.

Kandly #431 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles

Hello everyone,

As the second part of the 4th test stage starts very soon, here are the Patch Notes for you guys! (Please keep in mind that the list is subject to change.)

Fixed Issues

• Fixed the issue when the message regarding the color filter adjustment was overlapping the map loading screen.
  • Fixed the issue when Color Adjustment was possible at the minimum graphics settings in the full screen mode.
  • Fixed the issue when the currently set thematic filter was disabled after switching to the custom settings of Color Adjustment. 
  • Fixed the issue when disabling effects in the game settings resulted in all disabling of all effects on the map.
  • Fixed the issue related to matchmaking in Team Battles.
  • Fixed the issue of improperly displayed information in the reload timer and indicator after minimizing the game client during map loading and maximizing the client after the battle begins.
  • Fixed the issue of low performance at the Ultra settings during the first seconds after loading a map.
  • Fixed the issue of performance drops in some cases when switching to the sniper mode.
  • Fixed the issue of client hanging when hovering over the marathon flag.
  • Fixed the issue of missing Marks of Excellence in the Garage slot.
  • Fixed the issue of improper interaction between the turret (after ammo rack detonation) and the vehicle hull.
  • Fixed the issue of distorted tree shapes when zooming in and out.

Known Issues

• The penetration marker is always red on some vehicles. 
  • The full screen mode is not saved.
  • The terrain shape in the client differs from the terrain shape on the server on some maps.
  • When the track effects are disabled, tessellation is displayed partially on the rollers.
  • Performance drop when objects are destroyed with the HAVOK technology.
  • Sound gets muted in one of the channels.
  • Sometimes, the actual default state of the map border does not correspond to the map border default option.

Other Changes

• Improved the Color Adjustment section in the Game settings.
  • Performed a considerable amount of work to eliminate hanging in battle.
  • Performed a considerable amount of work to improved quality of image sharpening and blurring.

Cheers,

Kandly

Igor_BL #432 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36373 battles

I am not up to 1.0 tank updates... I only know that Italians are coming in the game.

are there any other changes for other nations? buffs-nerfs?

are those two tierX Russians coming in 1.0 or some later patch?

Edited by Igor_BL, 14 March 2018 - 03:30 PM.

DawidKotek #433 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30165 battles
  • [L-BOB] L-BOB

MUST CHANGE THESE : My suggestions from experienced player :)

-The breakable structures disappear suddenly making it look silly. Don't make them disappear. U run them over and everything suddenly goes away , it looks so bad.

-Please make the brightness changeable ingame because the lighting is so bright after playing 30 minutes of the game my eyes hurt , my friend said the same thing , and when i jump back to normal wot its all fine ...

- Some spots on the maps have changed making it hard to play the map like before, good cheeky spots like in in siegfried line map in E,F 8-9  areas , many maps have same stupid stuff changed. Destroying the whole point of a fun game.

-Also maybe allow players to still play on non reworked maps because the background of the maps are making me distracted making competitive play hard sometimes.

- Bring back my  favorite tank the Aufklärungspanzer Panther back to tier 7. was no reason to remove it other than 45% win rate players complaining it was bad , its was fun ramming machine. it would have been skippable in the tech tree...:(

-Fix the MM, it was very good in the past before the whole mm got liberal , Most games in tiers 7-10s you are never top tier.In My research in playing tier 8 20 times I was top tier 3 of the 20 games causing frustration among players and making good games unlikely. You should allow the game to make u 50% of the time top tier and 50% of the time not top tier. In Addition another good point is to extend exp grinding throughout the tiers equally meaning. that u dont have to be playing tier 9 80% of the teach tree play time but allow exp to be put across the whole tree from tier 5 to 9 , eg. to research IS u need 22k exp while researching tier 9 u need 142k exp , so scientifically showing that players will play top tier up to 10 times longer causing unbalance in the MM therefore why you are never top tier in tier 7 or 8. This is a smart idea to release pressure from tier 8,9 and 10 mm system and extend it equally through the teach tree.

- Rudy Must go to Polish Tech tree 

Good suggestions would be :

-ADD new crew perks and equipment , as well as consumables making the players able choose more options while playing their tanks.

-Long awaited PvE Mode needs come fast because the game needs it , the Armored warfare did a good job at this , i seen jingles videos of this game only , but i want me and my best friends to play vs waves of enemies and attack mode too , it adds a whole new level to the game, as many games get played because they want to pass the PvE mode on the Hardest level possible as a achievement . Example of this is Men of War Assualt squad 2 . players play days trying complete the missions together on the hardest level as well games like MW2 AND MW3 co-op missions, it would be mass amounts of players  to the game, playing in a squad of  5 vs mass enemy tanks , or big 15 player chaos battle even. With missions like the campaign rewards too :) and badges musst have :). I wait for such mode 6 years now :confused:.:)

Remember this is a game so keep the fun attributes of the game:

Bring back old maps like dragon ridge to the training room so players can have fun playing and flipping tanks there

Dont block fun places with invisible walls in the training rooms 

Update Your Tank wiki page , You removed some tanks that are ingame premium ones which should stay in the tank wiki  because these tanks players do have.

Please change or try change these things , i have taken a long time to write this and I want good for the game but the game needs some ideas from the real players.:)

DawidKotek #434 Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30165 battles
  • [L-BOB] L-BOB
I also forgot to add  you get shot you dont actually notice it becuase the health bar was made tiny and you cannot see nobodies health onto of tanks anymore. Also when your getting shot at, you dont know if you have been hit , keep it same as before /

th013 #435 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39101 battles

Arty aiming is lagging like hell 

Still issues in first seconds on High (game recommended Maximum)

add:- tank sniper aiming lagging.

no FPS drop on counter in corner, but looks like lags and making faster moving tank aiming impossible

Edited by th013, 15 March 2018 - 01:12 AM.

bmaya #436 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35883 battles
  • [RDDT5] RDDT5

Edited by bmaya, 15 March 2018 - 10:50 AM.

hedgehog_s #437 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72184 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

OK so here we are nearing the release of patch 1.0 - first off I would like to say ALL the maps look beautiful and play better because of the more immersive experience. A particular thank you goes to the redesigners of Fishermans Bay and Fjords and the designer of the new polar/ice region map - these three are simply stunning to play with lots of variations possible.

The "buts" ?? Lots of maps being removed albeit some awful ones like sacred valley and Pilsen. Ensk staying playable for Tier 10 at 600m - ridiculous - make it bigger or limit it to tier 5. Please can you start work on Swamp HD redesign - I don't know why this is not included in the new patch its a gem of a map.

Max_Calibre #438 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19696 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Been on the test server today 15th March

with 30 days Premium account active

playing on Tiers 9

Tiers 8

Tiers 7

its bad bad news I think

- win and be top 3 in team on kills damage and experience you get (for me) up to 38k in silver credits, that's it! (after expenses I got average 8k ~15k silver credits in profit, duh!

- win, and be below this and LOSE silver credits like -10k or -15k per Win??? wtf!

so Premium (T8 obvious) only tanks in game play now or LOSE silver credits and badly

lose - stop playing straight away, its like lose -30k or more per battle! really cannot afford to lose a big drain on silver credits in garage (bad or what!

Redshire - central big hill now 1/4 of size! its useless completely turns middle map into kill-zone area? just a brawling heavy tank map feels like, good usable cover is less than 50% in mid map (that's usable) than is now on old map

Overlord - TD's useless! cannot play then anymore nowhere at all to hide or ambush, just another brawling mess of a corridors but worse! (unless a Russian heavy armour tank or etc, but wtf!

don't know what WG is doing this close to patch 1.0

but another Rubicon epic fail maybe? I hope not but you will soon find out

jeez man it worries me..............

Edited by Max_Calibre, 15 March 2018 - 06:47 PM.

DawidKotek #439 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30165 battles
  • [L-BOB] L-BOB

Big issues with 1.0 :

-You cannot see the tank markers properly as they were made TINY! in 1.0....! Keep the same size tank markers ingame as the current patch !PLEASE KEEP AS BEFORE!- very important.

-You cannot notice when you are getting hit, something is different. also the sounds sometimes dont work when getting hit.

-The New tracers are very bad , especially derp guns, before you would see the difference between shell velocity, and you could move out of the way when you saw a derp gun shooting from long range, now you see some flash and tracer like in some starwars movie. PLEASE KEEP AS BEFORE-very important.

- All of the maps have rock that looks unnatural stopping players from climbing as intended ,However it makes it look so unnatural rocks sitting everywhere on the sides , before it was nice hills making the bumps and edges of map , smooth ridges made it look nice. maybe smooth out the places and look at landscapes , very useful.

Please try change these , it took time to write this and test , im trying hard to make the game better. already posted many things to change

V_Epsilon #440 Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27842 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Hey lads, just a heads up that you can no longer see your tracking vs spotting damage in the Battle Results screen. This was very useful to know when heading for gun marks as the formula only takes the higher of the two into consideration, not both. It'd be great to have this feature back.

Also tagged with 1.0

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users