Update 1.0 Common Test Feedback - Map: Erlenberg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 698 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the new map in Update 1.0's Common Test in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

lewisdawson1 #2 Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25035 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

I think there are problem with Bump mapping. These 2 shots are from Erlenberg, but I have saw them on others:

TacPenguin #3 Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42714 battles

On the 1, 2 line north of the castle ruins.

There is no terrain undulations for cover.  This is just one open kill zone and favors tanks like the New USSR Heavy/ Super heavy or super armor meds like OBJ 430u.  Ohh and the  Chinese.

If you are in tallish mediums with gun depression little hull armor and nice turrets to ridge run you are just in a death zone. Like USA, Brits and French and the German Leo line.

The nice little hill with spot bush cover at H1  is now a tiny bump with a small shrub. and is in effect useless.

There seems to a continued trend of removeing every possible bush and bump to give super armor heavy tanks and TDs every advantage.

This map is poorer for the redesign.

TacP

Koz23 #4 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23110 battles

This map is WAY too flat now. Most of it is completely open, there's just a wee bit of cover here and there. It's the opposite of what other maps are, 50% of terrain you can't play on, except this one feels so open, some areas might as well just be considered terrain that can't be used because if you're spotted in the open in such areas, you might as well go back to the garage.

I don't think that making everything flat is the way to go with these maps. Fisherman's Bay also seems completely flat with just a couple of houses in the middle and the Bay where all the heavies go.

The whole map should be playable terrain where you can hide, duck or use your gun depression, not just some areas being playable and the rest useless scenery terrain.

NIborGER #5 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28710 battles

View PostTacPenguin, on 09 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

On the 1, 2 line north of the castle ruins.

There is no terrain undulations for cover.  This is just one open kill zone and favors tanks like the New USSR Heavy/ Super heavy or super armor meds like OBJ 430u.  Ohh and the  Chinese.

If you are in tallish mediums with gun depression little hull armor and nice turrets to ridge run you are just in a death zone. Like USA, Brits and French and the German Leo line.

The nice little hill with spot bush cover at H1  is now a tiny bump with a small shrub. and is in effect useless.

There seems to a continued trend of removeing every possible bush and bump to give super armor heavy tanks and TDs every advantage.

This map is poorer for the redesign.

TacP

I guess the main problem with erlenberg right now is, that it is called erlenberg and therefore people try to play it like the one on the live server.

The city  offers by far the best cover now and is very viable, yet noone goes there on testserver. Meanwhile everyone still goes to the flanks where most cover was removed. My guess is that in future the gameplay will be more like 2-5 tanks go to each flank and the rest brawls in the city-center. But how this map really plays will only show after 1-2 month of live server gameplay for the meta to adapt. Before that you can hardly judge its gameplay. IMO it has potential.

zardikar6 #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12190 battles

This is the worst map WG ever created. Please fire people who were responsible for this map, they were super lazy i can see that looking at map, everything is flat and empty, people mostly camp on H-1 and from there they can hold multiple areas around castle...

Town has lines of building that cover mostly ONE flank and totally expose the other flank.. This map needs total rework...

I get it that the team maybe wanted to reduce camping in this map but with big empty kill zones and hills with trees far behind people are encouraged to actually camp MORE not less because no one is going thru long open field alive

Didnt go on lines 8 and 9 tho

Edited by zardikar6, 11 February 2018 - 04:47 PM.

StolenKatana #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16116 battles

The middle of this map is an improvement as you can actually now go there and have a reasonable chance of surviving.

The flanks of the maps are too flat. I preferred it before with more hills instead of one at each end either side.

The hill halfway down the right flank is better. It allows more tanks to use that position as you don't need as good gun depression angles to use it.

Finally snow effects look awesome :D

KillingJoker #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35000 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Fantastic map redesign in my opinion, absolutely love the landscapes, seriously, the landscapes on the 1.0 look way better than the average AAA game of the current generation

the lighting and the reflections are absolutely superb.

Erlenberg will be played in a very different way tacticaly from now on... they changed the center near the bridges, and removed basicly the town from the defense of east side of the river, this will force the defense team from assault mode, to take positions ahead, ratter than trying to defend the cap from the back camping, like allways happens...

we all know that in both modes, assault and normal match, teams tend to not cross the river, i think that will change because of how the map was redesign, the center is very important , a competent light tank with great camo will absolutely disrupt any team, i just had a game with the T100 LT with almost 4 dmg and 5k assist because the defense team ignored the center, i could be there spoting and shoting not giving the defense team any change...

Other experience i had in this map was in a regular match, but with the Jagpz E100, like it happens in the old mode, both teams try to stay in one side...

in that particular game, me and other 3 guys (a WZ111 5-A, a FV 4005 and a E100) went left and because they removed the town buildings, its quite good for tank destroyers

because you have an excelent view field ahead, like 400 meters, wich allow you to provid excelent cover fire for the heavies how are trying to hold the hill... 

again, becuase of this redesign, now an agressive heavy tank player, who is decently supported by a 1 or 2 tank destroyers, will not be wreaked as easy, even if severely outnumbered,

Bordhaw #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11939 battles

The castle is now wide open but you can flank right around it. Actually you can flank around the whole map, SW, SE, NE and NW corners. The town is more open despite some tight buildings and the river has far more crossing points. The right side hills seem lower. 

h4ctor #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles
defense on erlenberg is complete retardation,there is no stoping attacking team with so much open field and you removed buildings near cap,so yeah...idiocy

Thuis001 #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

This is not gonna be enjoyable in the slightest. The map is too flat. I think that this map will be having mostly roflstomps given it's poor design, there is simply no cover meaning that once a team has lost it's camp spot it's gonna loose 90% of the time. This is by far the worst map on the test server currently. The map is so bad that you would want to drown at the start of the match just so you can continue on an actual map, but guess what: Even that is impossible now... so you are stuck on this sh*tty map. NICE. I think you should completely rework it again and just keep it out of the rotation till then.

KillingJoker #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35000 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View Posth4ctor, on 13 February 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

defense on erlenberg is complete retardation,there is no stoping attacking team with so much open field and you removed buildings near cap,so yeah...idiocy

the only way to stop them is kill them, and to do that, you need to play agressively, scout the middle and face the enemy ahead, WG did well changing the map

Erlenberg defense was allways a camp fest with the defending team refusing to cross the river, and taking strong defensive points to halt or kill the assault

now the odds are more even, the defending team must play more agressively.... 

if you play the current map with the mindset of the old one, you will have a bad experience, if you understand the new dynamic of the new map, you will actually like it... 

Zigzor_77 #13 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1977 battles
almost no place to hide around the castle. Very tough to attack on this side.

Crunchie_1 #14 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16695 battles
I miss the speckled snow effect om this map,though I do like the new version too and the new snow effects are brilliant

Lason #15 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12814 battles
I got destroyed by hitting a truck between J1 and K1, can send a replay. Is it intended?

_KARKHOV_ #16 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28762 battles

if this is a camping map on current update with all that new open areas nice you put a crapmap even more crap 

OneSock #17 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35717 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

gotta say this map is bad. way too open with too much cover for campers. This map shows exactly the problem with tier 10 meta. You need to be a scout with extreme vision or a TD with camo or silly armour, all else is next to useless. 

Certainly on the test server, if you drive a HT you get spotted and then comes the TDs shooting a wall of gold. pointless to play HT if there is no undulation.

Ok test server more gold is shot but doubt it would be much different on live really. 

And no I don't want to play HT in the central city part. we got too many city maps as it is, don't turn a good map into just another bad one.

DrCereal #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45924 battles

View PostKoz23, on 10 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

This map is WAY too flat now. Most of it is completely open, there's just a wee bit of cover here and there. It's the opposite of what other maps are, 50% of terrain you can't play on, except this one feels so open, some areas might as well just be considered terrain that can't be used because if you're spotted in the open in such areas, you might as well go back to the garage.

I don't think that making everything flat is the way to go with these maps. Fisherman's Bay also seems completely flat with just a couple of houses in the middle and the Bay where all the heavies go.

The whole map should be playable terrain where you can hide, duck or use your gun depression, not just some areas being playable and the rest useless scenery terrain.

Erlenberg is RUINED in 1.0/ It was the best map (when the team wants to play). And the biggest problem was CAMPING. And what does WG do? Typical WG THEY ADD MORE TO THE PROBLEM and call it a solution. Now its IMPOSSIBLE to win assault on randoms.

No one goes to the town BECAUSE NOONE WANTS TO GO TO DO A PICKABOO IN THE TOWN, there is plenty of stupid maps like that. People who say its a good solution are those that went west and to town anyway because they dont know and/or want to play the actual game. Only way to really win was always to go all East and kill the campers and that WAS FUN.

Now the only fun areas for those that actually want to play mediums and lights is gone, only ones that can play it is the WGs growing fan base of those who get the hots for the Ultra heavy tanks and troll TDs that actually never existed, btw says a lot about you....

This map is definately ruined.

Valvejoodik #19 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10974 battles
  • [ESTW] ESTW

One thing that not all of you might've noticed:

The castle doesn't have any doors. I guess the guys just use the windows for entering/exiting (Or like in the Rapunzel story :P)

_Anarchistic_ #20 Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40818 battles

complete disaster, what on earth were you thinking?

bin it and try again and sack the map designers

Also tagged with 1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users