AMX 12t What do I do?!

Noob AMX 12t Autoloader Halp me

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

aidenthedestroyer #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3311 battles

I know I have like 2k+ Battles but beleive me, IM NOT GOOD AT ALL!! Anyways, I just got the AMX 12t thanks to the christmas Ops, (Hooray for discounts)

Im not a good player at all so I dont have any idea on playing this tank let alone being my first autoloader. Welcome to all help Negative or Positive :bush:

dimethylcadmium #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10764 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

dont play it without optics, vents and vertical stabs

tank is not very noob friendly because the gun handling isnt good and the intra shell reload is long at 2.5 seconds

to be honest its not a good tank for a fresh light tank begineer should have gotten something like 59-16 or T37

for best tips go watch light tank gameplay guides on youtube, video will help you more than words on forum

Bludsuager #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12655 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-

Best advice for an autoloader would be to:

1) not over extend especially if your going to be using your full clip and there are other fast tanks that will chase you down.

2) be second line support of your going to brawl and only shoot when the enemy is distracted.

3) go for the track and damage combo if possible.

4) Dont engage any tank frontally if you can't clip them or get away with it.

5) Your a scout so find a style of scouting your comfortable with, the amx isnt gonna be snap shotting anything unless it's really close so again only engage if you can win the fight or have ample support.

Those are the best tips for an auto loader i have received :) just remember each autoloader is different and the play styles will change accordingly

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31636 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

The thing to do is go zooming.

Zoom all over the map ... then find a bush .... and camp .... for a bit ... then ...

... more zooming.

#SeriousVoice - find a tutorial (post or youtube) about the spotting circles on your mini map.  Then find another about how to shoot from bushes without getting spotted.

... then go back to zooming. 

aidenthedestroyer #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3311 battles

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 06 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

dont play it without optics, vents and vertical stabs

tank is not very noob friendly because the gun handling isnt good and the intra shell reload is long at 2.5 seconds

to be honest its not a good tank for a fresh light tank begineer should have gotten something like 59-16 or T37

for best tips go watch light tank gameplay guides on youtube, video will help you more than words on forum

Noted. Ill have you know though that I DID have the T37 as my first Tier 6 light tank. But I had her before when scout MM was a thing. Unfortunately I sold her cuz I have REALLY bad money issues.

View PostBludsuager, on 06 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Best advice for an autoloader would be to:

1) not over extend especially if your going to be using your full clip and there are other fast tanks that will chase you down.

2) be second line support of your going to brawl and only shoot when the enemy is distracted.

3) go for the track and damage combo if possible.

4) Dont engage any tank frontally if you can't clip them or get away with it.

5) Your a scout so find a style of scouting your comfortable with, the amx isnt gonna be snap shotting anything unless it's really close so again only engage if you can win the fight or have ample support.

Those are the best tips for an auto loader i have received :) just remember each autoloader is different and the play styles will change accordingly

Thanks for those.

Thanks for the posts too :honoring:

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12038 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Start with some passive scouting if the map is good for it, otherwise more active. Stay alive! (usually I mess up this part) and take advantage of the autoloader later in the game when there is some space on the map to flank. 

And most of all; enjoy!

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 53304 battles

View Postaidenthedestroyer, on 06 February 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

I know I have like 2k+ Battles but beleive me, IM NOT GOOD AT ALL!! Anyways, I just got the AMX 12t thanks to the christmas Ops, (Hooray for discounts)

Im not a good player at all so I dont have any idea on playing this tank let alone being my first autoloader. Welcome to all help Negative or Positive :bush:

Its camo rating is pretty good and view range also decent so you set up for scouting either passive or active or maybe both.

Passive would be Camo net Binoculars and probably vents.

Active Optics Vents and maybe Vertical stabilizer.

Both Well that's Binoculars and Optics so you get best view range moving and stationary last equipment could be vents or camo net.

The autoloader gives you high burst damage but then you have to get away while it reloads.

Accuracy is awful so you will probably doing most damage close in finding a lone heavy TD or better yet SPG and killing it with a full clip.

Not sure what crew you have but assuming a 100% crew and hopefully working on camouflage skill once you have that and then sixth sense you should do very well in this tank.

Trick with autoloaders is only go into a one on one where you can either kill it or be sure of getting away to reload.

If in doubt reload.

Ragnaguard #8 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54718 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

here u are! some nice tricks in a cute little vid!

Also the 12t can be used in t 6 SH  battles , where u face ONLY T6 tanks, which is nice! ;-)

Slind #9 Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54784 battles
Spot in the beginning of the battle, shoot at the end of the battle when there are single tanks without support and room to use your viewrange.

RockyRoller #10 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35850 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

you need crew skills ASAP or all the zooming about and bush camping will be undone by better crews

I find working all crew on the camo skill is stage one, once at 100% change the commander's skill to 6th sense. At some point you will need to work the commanders camo again, but I go for mentor to help the rest of the crew. My  next big step is trying the get all the crew BiA when they all get the second set of skills at 100%. Now I'll work on skills that help me spot for the third set of skills.

Getting that 6th sense is just so game changing for a light. Until then you might just want to spot at long ranges rather than getting up close like the more exp crews can get away with.

cobalt_killer #11 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5856 battles

I've just got the AMX 12t too, have played 'murican autoloaders previously. The main things you need to learn are;

1) Stay near friends, they can cover your reload

2) Escape route - for when you dump your shells but get charged on a reload, you need somewhere to run away.

3) Know what your clip can do. I reloaded my T71 clip when I had only fired 1 shell before I went after a T34-85 as he had ~850HP left and I knew I needed every shell to penetrate to kill him.

Key to light tanks is Sixth Sense, Camo and View Range - In that order (for me anyway). Binocs or Optics are a must. If you can't out-spot your opponent you are at a disadvantage from the get go. Nothing more enjoyable than out-spotting enemy lights and wrecking them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users