SPG - nerf and low tier increasing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Artillery nerf or buff? (43 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think they should:

1. Increase artillery damage and penetration by at least 50%. (3 votes [6.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

2. Let it be the same as now. (14 votes [32.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

3. Bring the old system back when artillery oneshooted tanks. (10 votes [23.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

4. Nothing of said. (16 votes [37.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.21%

Vote Hide poll

BlackKnight095 #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11475 battles
  • [D1SCO] D1SCO

What do you thing about artillerys in WoT, I think that it is so bad now, avarage damage per battle is about 1000 HP and almost every battle without premium is now worth it, Before nerf, artys could one shoot almost every tank and it is bad, but why they couldnt make it to do half as before dmg, now this is useless! At least they should make avarage dmg per shot at least 600 dmg in tier 9 and 10 or increase a money earned in battle! In WW2 artys were that one that made the enemy scared, now, in WoT it is funny and it looks like they are mockerying... What can you tell about it?

In WW2 most of the tanks were killed by artillery, My Lorraine 155 mle. 50 (tier 7 artillery) is same as tier 10 Bat.-Châtillon 155 58. Please look at the specs.

Lorraine 155 mle. 50

-tier: 7

-penetration: 40 mm

-damage per shoot: 700 HP (usually about 200 HP if hit frontaly which is in 85% cases)

Bat.-Châtillon 155 58

-tier: 10

-penetration: 48 mm (3 tiers higher and 8 mm raised)

-damage per shoot: 750 HP (ussualy sbout 230 HP if hit frontaly which is in 85% cases, raised by 50/30 HP)

Now, what to say about it? Playing from tier 7 to tier 10 about half a year and playing with 8 mm higher penetration and 30 HP higher! #WGlogic

Edited by Jbnn, 07 February 2018 - 10:56 AM.
Use of red

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22522 battles
Nothing of the above.

BlackKnight095 #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11475 battles
  • [D1SCO] D1SCO

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 06 February 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Nothing of the above.

Then what?

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22522 battles
Remove this broken class.

jack_timber #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31982 battles

Shh dont tell anyone else...

Picked up fourth Gore's medal other night in M40/M43, you know the one where you have to inflict damage at least 8 times the HP of your SPG. Think highest was 4.4k.

So draw your own conclusions as to DPM.

BTW there is a dedicated arty thread so expect this one to be locked

HeidenSieker #6 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostBlackKnight095, on 06 February 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

What do you thing about artillerys in WoT,

Their gameplay has changed considerably. Yes, damage and penetration is very much reduced, but there's the stun mechanic.

Look at the patch notes and update your playstyle.

Thuis001 #7 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5837 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 06 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

this is litterally the only way you can balance it. No matter how you change the stats you can't balance a class that can shoot players without reprecautions in PvP, AW got that note and limited them to PvE, now I hope WoT will get something like that with it's own PvE mode (we might expect that given the Halloween event last year) and be freed from the depressing strain that is arty. If people want to play a class that can kill others without getting shot back, fine, however not against players but against bots as those won't get pissed off because of a broken class (they're codes of line, they won't hold grudges or something like that).

BlackKnight095 #8 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11475 battles
  • [D1SCO] D1SCO

View PostHeidenSieker, on 06 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Their gameplay has changed considerably. Yes, damage and penetration is very much reduced, but there's the stun mechanic.

Look at the patch notes and update your playstyle.

Yes, there is stun mechanic, but you didnt get any bonus money of XP˙s for it, I did 2k dmg , 1.7k stunned- we lose and I was in minus, they nerfed artys but didnt balanced earnings.

Erwin_Chan #9 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25259 battles

Removing arty completely is very questionable, because for example - when enemy tank manages to get into some OP position from where he can completely block the push, you signal your arty to shoot at him.

To give arties only HE, reduce damage, stun mechanics - this was good move by WG that should have been done many years ago (arties IK tanks was just joke, and arguments like arty safe are even greater joke, because artires are not shooting on campers mostly - they are not spoted - but they are shooting at active pushing players, and I saw more often than Id like, arties focusing and oneshooting, or hitting for 50 % hp unicums when they were in top speed with meds for example.)

- 3x arties per team ("ideally" on open map) -  this is still big problem. 3x arty per, when you are "lucky" to roll big open map with some big slow heavy tank, and all 3 arties focus on you, you have really great and funny battle.

- reducing 2x arty max per team, or perhaps even 1x arty max per team would solve the problems

- while the damage is greatly reduced, I can often see skilled players with arties being on top of damage (that said if they are in top tier arty and roll good open map suited for them)

But there is one thing I would remove, and that is joke of a "tank" lefh18b2. This thing can permatrack slow heavies, even hitting things like heavies with bad armor on top of armor like churchills for 100+ per hit, and with that insane reload you cannot run from them again if they are not driven by tomatoes and they can predict where would go.

Edited by Duce_Anchovy_, 06 February 2018 - 07:15 PM.

Orkbert #10 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25038 battles

View PostThuis001, on 06 February 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

If people want to play a class that can kill others without getting shot back, fine,

So then I guess you can provide us with many replays in which

-you got shot at by an enemy tank that remained invisible due to the view range system

-you then shot back at that unspotted enemy and managed to kill him or at least did dome damage (it will show up in the battle report after all)

Extra bonus points if you didn't play the KV-2 in that match, which has an artylike splash radius (and is essentially an arty gun in nearly all respects yet oddly enough one of your most played tanks) thus making such desperate blind shots even remotely useful.

If you can't provide sufficient replays of doing so your argument that you can't defend against arty is useless.

Actually, your argument is useless anyways.

HundeWurst #11 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well I dont even know where to start.....

Well ok then. First of all we are playing a GAME. This game has NOTHING to do with reality. NOTHING. Some, if not most tank models have some kind of real world resemblence but thats it.

So please DO NOT EVER bring the reality argument in here. It is pointless.

Second. For the "input" arty needs to do something in battle the "output" is still way to high. Arty gameplay boils down to a bit of clicking here and there with your mouse. And for that you still get way to much. The damage is not even close to as low as you say, you get the stun, and as it turned out.... 3 arties per battle are still WAY to many.

So please... go and complain somewhere else. You are playing the easy mode, no the boredom mode, the "I want to frustrate other players" mode of WoT.

PS: Whenever I am fed up with WoT and start to play arty to make others gameplay and life for that matter miserable, I tend to deal more damage alone on average before that "rework".

Edited by WunderWurst, 07 February 2018 - 10:25 AM.

psychobear #12 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18664 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
@OP - this poll is severely r3tarded. There are no nerf options and no remove from game option, only buff, keep as it is or unspecified. Nicely balanced poll, are you working in WG's balancing department by any chance? 

soul3ater #13 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18587 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA

remove them from the game and replace it with mechanics like in SH. call for an airstrike.

solved. 

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36980 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 06 February 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Whilst we are at it, can we remove:

1: Prem Ammo.

2: Redlining TD's.

3: Jap Heavies.

4: The entire game (it's all broken, let's just be done with it).

View PostWunderWurst, on 06 February 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Well I dont even know where to start.....

Well ok then. First of all we are playing a GAME. This game has NOTHING to do with reality. NOTHING. Some, if not most tank models have some kind of real world resemblence but thats it.

So please DO NOT EVER bring the reality argument in here. It is pointless.

Second. For the "input" arty needs to do something in battle the "output" is still way to high. Arty gameplay boils down to a bit of clicking here and there with your mouse. And for that you still get way to much. The damage is not even close to as low as you say, you get the stun, and as it turned out.... 3 arties per battle are still WAY to many.

So please... go and complain somewhere else. You are playing the easy mode, no the boredom mode, the "I want to frustrate other players" mode of WoT.

PS: Whenever I am fed up with WoT and start to play arty to make others gameplay and live for that matter miserable, I tend to deal more damage alone on average before that "rework".

Just out of curiosity, remind me what you do with your mouse & keyboard, asides from clicking them ofc:)

Jumping_TurtIe #15 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5815 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsoul3ater, on 06 February 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

remove them from the game and replace it with mechanics like in SH. call for an airstrike.

solved. 

and who would have the power to call that ? Or would ou really like to have 30 airstrikes each battle ?

CircleOfSorrow #16 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28782 battles

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 06 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

and who would have the power to call that ? Or would ou really like to have 30 airstrikes each battle ?

Killstreaks unlock them of course.

:hiding:

samuelx43a #17 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21082 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

yeh, I thought that were was that arty topic that comes out every week, and there it is!

the usual forumites who dislike the class have already voiced their opinions (they prefer to call it facts and actions).

I supose I'll voice mine, but because I like arty, peeps just close their mind.

lets start pre-9.18 arty was very innacurate, but when it hit you'd notice it, it also had AP, which brought up hilarious situations, and dealt with mostly heavies or lightly armoured tanks if the shot happened to hit.

post 9.18. with the exception of two arties (the lefth and sexton I) their splash raddi was increased, reload and acc buffed. stun mechanic was implemented.

to say the least, the only thing I miss from the old arty was those juicy damage rolls if you happened to hit anything.

while I highly doubt we will get this ever again, the arty we have now will have to stay.

to say the least, I've adapted to the changes quite well. if I see the ocasional target I can pen, and I have a shot ready, I may take my chances. most usually I target groups of tanks, or one that gets too close to confort to our area.

my two pennies

malachi6 #18 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48976 battles
In WWII most tanks were destroyed by aircraft or were lost due to mechanical breakdown.

ewancfc #19 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25609 battles

View PostBlackKnight095, on 06 February 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

What do you thing about artillerys in WoT, I think that it is so bad now, avarage damage per battle is about 1000 HP and almost every battle without premium is now worth it, Before nerf, artys could one shoot almost every tank and it is bad, but why they couldnt make it to do half as before dmg, now this is useless! At least they should make avarage dmg per shot at least 600 dmg in tier 9 and 10 or increase a money earned in battle! In WW2 artys were that one that made the enemy scared, now, in WoT it is funny and it looks like they are mockerying... What can you tell about it?

In WW2 most of the tanks were killed by artillery, My Lorraine 155 mle. 50 (tier 7 artillery) is same as tier 10 Bat.-Châtillon 155 58. Please look at the specs.

Lorraine 155 mle. 50

-tier: 7

-penetration: 40 mm

-damage per shoot: 700 HP (usually about 200 HP if hit frontaly which is in 85% cases)

Bat.-Châtillon 155 58

-tier: 10

-penetration: 48 mm (3 tiers higher and 8 mm raised)

-damage per shoot750 HP (ussualy sbout 230 HP if hit frontaly which is in 85% cases, raised by 50/30 HP)

Now, what to say about it? Playing from tier 7 to tier 10 about half a year and playing with 8 mm higher penetration and 30 HP higher! #WGlogic

I don't need to address any of your first paragraph because not only is it not true, this is a game, history does not matter.  As for artillery, it breaks any semblance of balance this game could hope to achieve, 500 every shot plus stun from across the map does not make for good gameplay. 

Jigabachi #20 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Hell no. And the fact that you even suggested buffing the damage by "at least 50%" proves that you have absolutely ZERO clue about... anything.

The rebalance almost made arty balanced, but there is still a long and stony way to go. You basically want to ruin all the progress we made. I'd prefer to NOT do that. Instead of that, read the changeling and learn to play. You seem to have missed that arties stun now. You didn't even mention that once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users