New crew skill idea

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KormackUK #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3861 battles

Veteran

If the tank crew member with the veteran skill gets a damaged module, the effects of that damaged module is reduced by a certain percentage.

For example. If your gunner has the veteran skill and your gun gets damaged then the effects are reduced, or the driver with a damaged engine or the loader with a damaged ammo rack etc. Also if all crew members have the skill then the effect of arty stun time is reduced also by a certain percentage, kind of like a bonus. I've not checked to see if a similar thing has been suggested before, because I'm lazy. :P

Feedback please! :)

spamhamstar #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64304 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostKormackUK, on 06 February 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Veteran

If the tank crew member with the veteran skill gets a damaged module, the effects of that damaged module is reduced by a certain percentage.

For example. If your gunner has the veteran skill and your gun gets damaged then the effects are reduced, or the driver with a damaged engine or the loader with a damaged ammo rack etc. Also if all crew members have the skill then the effect of arty stun time is reduced also by a certain percentage, kind of like a bonus. I've not checked to see if a similar thing has been suggested before, because I'm lazy. :P

Feedback please! :)

lol, maybe have a closer look at the crew skill already available.  Such as Armourer which "enables the Gunner to reduce the penalty effect on accuracy that results from battle damage to a gun" or Preventative Maintenance which "enables the Driver to reduce by 25% the chance of engine fire by preventing gas or oil leakage in the engine compartment" or Safe Stowage which "is simulated as an increase in ammo rack durability of 12.5%".   You'll notice the effects of these current skills are identical or very similar to what you're suggesting.

This is not to mention equipment or consumables which also have similar effects like a spall liner.

Skill to reduce arty stun effect has already been suggested: http://forum.worldof...e stun#topmost

KormackUK #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3861 battles
Yup i should of checked the actual crew skills first...oh well thanks for letting me know. :)

Baldrickk #4 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Jack of all Trades for the Commander too - for when a crew member gets knocked out.

Edited by Baldrickk, 07 February 2018 - 01:25 AM.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45385 battles

The one I would like is a Medic Skill there could even be a Doctors kit a bit like the Toolbox.

I see it as useful on tanks that get a lot of crew casualties.

Make it a loader skill they have very little in the way of skills being mostly general skills and perks.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #6 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9402 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 07 February 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

The one I would like is a Medic Skill there could even be a Doctors kit a bit like the Toolbox.

I see it as useful on tanks that get a lot of crew casualties.

Make it a loader skill they have very little in the way of skills being mostly general skills and perks.

And loader dies first always :) Can he in that case heal by itself?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users