T28 HTC Mission crew skills

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Bora_BOOM #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I got it last night (after doing the last arta mission battle that I finished with -1 kills but still 3rd on exp cause balanced) and tried to find out what is the crew that you get with it skill wise. No success.

I think you only can see the small number indicating the available skills when you retrain/drop, but you cannot see it in the current state - either its only basic training and 0 % on first skill or its simply not shown.

Wouldn't like to hit the Sixth Sense on commander and then realize its at 0%, Anyone knowing the answer?

Mav75 #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30622 battles
The girls you get from the missions come with 100% qualification to the tank of your choosing, 100% BIA (counts as 0-skill), 100% skill of your choosing.

Bora_BOOM #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostMav75, on 07 February 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

The girls you get from the missions come with 100% qualification to the tank of your choosing, 100% BIA (counts as 0-skill), 100% skill of your choosing.

Thanks Mav.

One question tho: "the tank of your choosing"? You probably mean I can change that to a particular tank since HTC is a prem and does not care?

I have no US TD-s researched so that means I cannot pick any in the crew training now - other than HTC or Scorpion (I don’t have that but its in the list cause it premium I guess). So will play it as HTC crew with penalty up to T67 and then retrain them to be its crew. Some free xp will help jumping up tiers so this penalty shouldn’t be an issue at lower tiers (that I dont play anyways.)

Mav75 #4 Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30622 battles

Sorry, I totally misread your question. :hiding:

The crew that comes with the reward tanks comes with 100% qualification to that tank (T28 HTC in your case) and nothing else. They’re ordinary crew with no bonuses.

Bora_BOOM #5 Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostMav75, on 07 February 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Sorry, I totally misread your question. :hiding:

The crew that comes with the reward tanks comes with 100% qualification to that tank (T28 HTC in your case) and nothing else. They’re ordinary crew with no bonuses.

I have read your answer, and since I cannot remember what was the crew with the Stug IV , I was like "okey....". And since the mission girls are with BIA, its easy to mix them up.

And only now I saw the "girls" on the start of your first reply - otherwise I would have suspicions. Also, I was wondering why cant I remember having the BIA icon next to the crew members...  :facepalm:

Although I have three-four girls free its plausible that Obj. 257 will be the lucky winner. Ah, well... It seems that I will "crawl blindly" with HTC for a while...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 10:49 AM.

Strappster #6 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

General

• Player
  • 24045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The only tank in the turreted TD line which has the same crew layout as the HTC is the E4 (two loaders, no radio operator) so if you're hoping to train them in the HTC for something like the T67, you're out of luck unless you want to pay 500 gold to retrain and then not be able to put them back in the HTC later.

I kept the HTC crew together with the intention of getting a couple of skills on them as I grind that line then move them to the E4. My future T30 crew are currently undergoing training in the T34 (same crew layout on a different line, can reset them when it's time) and I've used the T67 to train crews for the rest of the line from tier 5 up - complete the first skill and move them on.

The Scorpion suffers similar crew issues as that only seats 4 (no radio operator) so isn't great for training either.

Bora_BOOM #7 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostStrappster, on 07 February 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

The only tank in the turreted TD line which has the same crew layout as the HTC is the E4 (two loaders, no radio operator) so if you're hoping to train them in the HTC for something like the T67, you're out of luck unless you want to pay 500 gold to retrain and then not be able to put them back in the HTC later.

I kept the HTC crew together with the intention of getting a couple of skills on them as I grind that line then move them to the E4. My future T30 crew are currently undergoing training in the T34 (same crew layout on a different line, can reset them when it's time) and I've used the T67 to train crews for the rest of the line from tier 5 up - complete the first skill and move them on.

The Scorpion suffers similar crew issues as that only seats 4 (no radio operator) so isn't great for training either.

TY for the info, I guess. Its all the "good news" one after another...:sceptic:

Spoiler

Although I haven’t checked the T67 vs HTC crew layout I was almost expecting something like that to be the case... So I am not surprised.

It wouldn’t be the first time for me to "throw away" 500 gold like that (I used to do that couple of times with the spare 3+ skill crew members after line changes from 5 to 4 crew at top tiers).

Was grinding a lot lately so will save myself from that misery for a while, but girls will jump in if I start towards t67.

Aikl #8 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 February 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

I got it last night (after doing the last arta mission battle that I finished with -1 kills but still 3rd on exp cause balanced) and tried to find out what is the crew that you get with it skill wise. No success.

I think you only can see the small number indicating the available skills when you retrain/drop, but you cannot see it in the current state - either its only basic training and 0 % on first skill or its simply not shown.

(...)

The crew is only a standard 100% crew. Not with sixth sense. Ideally you'd use the HTC to train them before you retrain them for another tank, if sixth sense is a priority.

Also, you can view how much a crew is trained via the 'personal file'. Figuring out whether a crew has zero-skill BiA or not still requires you to click 'reset' and counting, however (if the crew member shows as e.g. BiA/SS/50% Camo it will show as resetting to 1x100%+50%, or something similar).

Bora_BOOM #9 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

The crew is only a standard 100% crew. Not with sixth sense. Ideally you'd use the HTC to train them before you retrain them for another tank, if sixth sense is a priority.

Also, you can view how much a crew is trained via the 'personal file'. Figuring out whether a crew has zero-skill BiA or not still requires you to click 'reset' and counting, however (if the crew member shows as e.g. BiA/SS/50% Camo it will show as resetting to 1x100%+50%, or something similar).

Unfortunately, WG has its own mysterious ways behind their reasons how to do/finish/implement something...

That "small trick" of showing the "Skills available" is apparently not enabled for the new crew (or how should I name that). Hovering the mouse over my HTC crew shows nothing. No plus signs, no percentages...

It seems it works only if training has started or you have chosen to Reset or Change qualification - which you cant do if crew haven’t been in battle.

Maybe trying to change qualification to other US tank lines (since I have no TD-s researched) might trigger the option... Will try that one, maybe it works.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 11:43 AM.

Aikl #10 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Unfortunately, WG has its own mysterious ways behind their reasons how to do/finish/implement something...

That "small trick" of showing the "Skills available" is apparently not enabled for the new crew (or how should I name that). Hovering the mouse over my HTC crew shows nothing. No plus signs, no percentages...

It seems it works only if training has started or you have chosen to Reset or Change qualification.

In that case, like I suggested in the post above, the crew has no progress towards even the first skill. The 'free' T28 HTC crew is in other words the same kind of crew you'd get from recruiting a new one with gold, if that makes sense.

Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

In that case, like I suggested in the post above, the crew has no progress towards even the first skill. The 'free' T28 HTC crew is in other words the same kind of crew you'd get from recruiting a new one with gold, if that makes sense.

It does, yes. But unless you know that for sure - you can only guess. Thinking of it, both the Pilot and the 34-85-M reward tanks came exactly with the same crew (I think). So even if you could know about this being the case with personal mission reward tanks, it applies to the two above and also the rest rewards presumably...

And all of that is based on players knowledge on the subject. I can bet you that max 5% players know this, if I wasn’t too generous with that percentage...

A small "0%" hovering over the skill + icon would solve the problem.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 11:53 AM.

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Swedish reward girls had 3 skills (add-take BIA, never mind) and I can’t remember having any indications on their icons about how many skills where available...

Many traps laying around. For instance, when you reset a crew member to become a commander you first have to make him/her a commander for a specific tank, exit, and then come back to add skills. If you try that "from one go" you might miss the Radio operator skills if the chosen tank has no radio operator (and if the radio operator role is on the commander)... Got myself tricked on that one once or twice...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 12:04 PM.

Aikl #13 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 February 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

It does, yes. But unless you know that for sure - you can only guess. Thinking of it, both the Pilot and the 34-85-M reward tanks came exactly with the same crew (I think). So even if you could know about this being the case with personal mission reward tanks, it applies to the two above and also the rest rewards presumably...

And all of that is based on players knowledge on the subject. I can bet you that max 5% players know this, if I wasn’t too generous with that percentage...

A small "0%" hovering over the skill + icon would solve the problem.

They did indeed. 

The user interface is overall rather poor. When you realize that the mission system could've been designed by a braindead primate, it's no real surprise that '0%' isn't there in the garage interface. It would solve what is rather confusing, but likely the vast majority of the mentioned 5% realize that no 'X% skill' means zero. :P

Bora_BOOM #14 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

They did indeed. 

The user interface is overall rather poor. When you realize that the mission system could've been designed by a braindead primate, it's no real surprise that '0%' isn't there in the garage interface. It would solve what is rather confusing, but likely the vast majority of the mentioned 5% realize that no 'X% skill' means zero. :P

I have to admit it: I am in the 6%, so there you go. :teethhappy:

Aikl #15 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 February 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I have to admit it: I am in the 6%, so there you go. :teethhappy:

Tsk, it's kind of a crappy system. I bet any UI-related improvements are on hold because they're "planning to revamp the crew skill system". Just like they've been halting map development for over a year to introduce identical HD maps (it does make sense to do that, but it's still not good for the game) - but the crew skills have been talked about since 2013 or something. 

Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Tsk, it's kind of a crappy system. I bet any UI-related improvements are on hold because they're "planning to revamp the crew skill system". Just like they've been halting map development for over a year to introduce identical HD maps (it does make sense to do that, but it's still not good for the game) - but the crew skills have been talked about since 2013 or something. 

If developing a new bush models and butterflies flying around requires a year (and yes, I sniped butterflies on sandbox server, they become so big that you cant see anything else in your scope), managing skills within 5 is fine i guess...:P

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 12:25 PM.

Aikl #17 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 February 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

If developing a new bush models and butterflies flying around requires a year (and yes, I sniped butterflies on test server, they become so big that you cant see anything else in your scope), managing skills within 5 is fine i guess...:P

It does go a bit beyond that; from what I understand the new engine is far easier to create maps for, so it might make sense to simply focus the development on getting crap to work before making balancing changes. Just too bad they can't outright make a roadmap (even a dateless one would suffice) to suggest their plans. Ah well. Can't wait for butterflies. :D

PS: I hope your tanks have gold-yellow rollers, like the SU-122-44 in your signature. Else, shame on ya!

Bora_BOOM #18 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

It does go a bit beyond that; from what I understand the new engine is far easier to create maps for, so it might make sense to simply focus the development on getting crap to work before making balancing changes. Just too bad they can't outright make a roadmap (even a dateless one would suffice) to suggest their plans. Ah well. Can't wait for butterflies. :D

PS: I hope your tanks have gold-yellow rollers, like the SU-122-44 in your signature. Else, shame on ya!

Actually, had a gold milkym4n’s skin on my Stalin’s Hammer. It was glorious, forgot about that one, will look up for it...

But haven’t forgot to shoot "skill", made a remarkable hole in my credits stash lately... But hey, you can shoot gold only to lose silver!

Pansenmann #19 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I hope wg doesnt dumb down crew skills like in wows.
It's fine as is, just needs some slight tweakin

Bora_BOOM #20 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

9.22 : :izmena:

Friends list:  :hiding:

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 February 2018 - 12:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users