trade in

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Gardar7 #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-
Now I have just read in the news about the possibility of trade in premium vehicles. I have the Skorpion G I won with the Christmas present boxes but since then I played only one battle with it and I'm totally not interested in using it so it is just collecting dust in my garage. I know and I read about it that it is one of the best premiums, but what to do if I find it ugly and I'm not interested in using it at all. I don't want to go through any German TD line, so it is not even useful for crew training. Now I'm thinking about trading it in. I have premiums KV-5, T-34-3, STA-2, Strv S1, FV4202 and Strv M/42-57. More or less I enjoy playing with these tanks, so something similar would be good for me. I'm thinking about the T-54 mod.1, it seems to be interesting, especially after the recent engine buff. What is your opinion, keep the Skorpion and try to adapt to it as it is a good money maker or there are other, not that bad options as well? 

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 19652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Mod.1 is a good heavium but don't expect wonders with it. Armor doesn't really work, the buff might make gameplay less painful if you need to chase damage. Gun is on the meh side pen wise otherwise ok. Skorpion has better pen and alpha but needs to stay back and preferably out of sight.

Skorpion is the better choice with the effed MM since you can pen every superheavy and all tanks in the tiers above more reliably from far away than with the mod from up close plus you have double the alpha. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 07 February 2018 - 12:32 PM.

Jack_Sparroxx #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 52266 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View PostGardar7, on 07 February 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Now I have just read in the news about the possibility of trade in premium vehicles. I have the Skorpion G I won with the Christmas present boxes but since then I played only one battle with it and I'm totally not interested in using it so it is just collecting dust in my garage. I know and I read about it that it is one of the best premiums, but what to do if I find it ugly and I'm not interested in using it at all. I don't want to go through any German TD line, so it is not even useful for crew training. Now I'm thinking about trading it in. I have premiums KV-5, T-34-3, STA-2, Strv S1, FV4202 and Strv M/42-57. More or less I enjoy playing with these tanks, so something similar would be good for me. I'm thinking about the T-54 mod.1, it seems to be interesting, especially after the recent engine buff. What is your opinion, keep the Skorpion and try to adapt to it as it is a good money maker or there are other, not that bad options as well? 

Skorpion. Dont sell it, regardless if you want german TD's or not, its one of the best money markers, and it actually as one of the very few tier 8's that actually can compete in tier 10MM effectively. (and you can always transfer a trained crew to a German heavy or medium, so its wasted as a trainer)

KV-5 Meme tank for the lulz. I wouldnt sell it

T-34-3 122mm its playable now, but really need food and a excellent crew to be semi useful.

STA-2 Low alpha and zero armo(not that amor count for much any ways) but other then that probably one of the best tier 8 meds. Keep it. 

Strv S1 redline sniper on corridor maps, no thanks

FV4202 Got ti for free and hardly ever played it regardless of buff so I wouldnt know

Strv M/42-57 trash tier 6 tank imo. I could get a full gold refund on it I would. 

So it depends on what you like to drive in regards to class, nation and type. 

Patton KR is excellent. Alpha is meh, 191mm is kinda crap and its slow-ish. But   

M4 raviloli is very vey good.  Its a bit too slow and got zero armor. But as medium sniper/support TD-ish hybrid that actually got fantastic  gun soft stats makes this one of the best tier 8's. 

Patriot is obvious (its what the T32 should have been)

Mle 49. Very strong armor, only bad thing about it is a fairly easy to hit copular if you sit still. 

Lorry 40, if you can get your hands on it. Very high skill cap though.

Primo vicroria. excellent hull down tank, probably even better then the patton KR. Problem is it is wasted as a crew trainer. 

Lowe?? dont know, never played it but 10 degress of gunpression and a buffed amor, might not be bad if you like slow arse tonks that can bounce equal and lower tiers. 

Rest of the tier 8's are meh to outright crap. 

Dont even think about buying 

CDC

Panter 88

Mutz

failbreaker

T-34

IS-6, WZ-111, 112 (175mm pen in current MM, how about no) Basically the same gun as on the T-34-3

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27124 battles
If you don't like the Skorpion, have no interest whatsoever in it then sure, trade it in and get something that does interest you instead.

Browarszky #5 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15502 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

Unless the MM changed a lot, Skorpion G should be one of the best tier 8 premiums around, so you'd have to be kind of careful what you trade it in for.

Edited by Browarszky, 07 February 2018 - 01:34 PM.

Gardar7 #6 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

First of all, thank you for all of you for the answers. The two opinions what I can read makes it difficult for me to make decision. On one side I know, that the Skorpion makes a good amount of silver, but if I don't enjoy then I will play worse and make less money.

I enjoy T-34-3, FV4202, Strv S1 and Strv M/42-57 the most. I would like to have the Type 62 but as long as it is not available and we have the opportunity to trade in unused prems, then I'm really thinking about it.

Difficult decision, and it seems that I will need to play some more battles with the Skorpion. I wish it wasn't THAT ugly. This special camo/paintjob makes it even worse.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27124 battles

To be honest I agree with you, I don't like the look of the Skorpion and have no interest in owning one. I'm quite well aware of how good it is and what it can do but it just doesn't do it for me. So long as you are fully aware of what you'd be giving up and you can see something else that you think you'd enjoy a lot more even if it likely won't generate quite as many credits then trade it in. If you want to have something kicking about that you know can make good money even if you think it's kind of meh, then keep it.

Basically decide what suits your playstyle and you'll enjoy most and go with that.

Aikl #8 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGardar7, on 07 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

First of all, thank you for all of you for the answers. The two opinions what I can read makes it difficult for me to make decision. On one side I know, that the Skorpion makes a good amount of silver, but if I don't enjoy then I will play worse and make less money.

I enjoy T-34-3, FV4202, Strv S1 and Strv M/42-57 the most. I would like to have the Type 62 but as long as it is not available and we have the opportunity to trade in unused prems, then I'm really thinking about it.

Difficult decision, and it seems that I will need to play some more battles with the Skorpion. I wish it wasn't THAT ugly. This special camo/paintjob makes it even worse.

I would guess that when/if they complete the extended visual customization scheme, they'll add the perma-paintjobs as 'preset styles' for that tank. There's no real reason not to, after all.

In the meantime, try looking up some replacement skins. For some reason most of the alternative ones are even more ugly than the 'stock' one (even making the scorpion emblem even uglier) and there's of course no option to emulate how normal camo works. Still, black Skorpion doesn't look too bad in my eyes.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22450 battles

It gets 20 hp/ton for some reason after the patch, and of course armor is noobproof, anything with less that 220 pen will have problems to go against it's frontal armor.

If you're not against tier 9s and 10s you will get epic games, o wait  :sceptic::ohmy:...

Gardar7 #10 Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View PostAikl, on 07 February 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

I would guess that when/if they complete the extended visual customization scheme, they'll add the perma-paintjobs as 'preset styles' for that tank. There's no real reason not to, after all.

In the meantime, try looking up some replacement skins. For some reason most of the alternative ones are even more ugly than the 'stock' one (even making the scorpion emblem even uglier) and there's of course no option to emulate how normal camo works. Still, black Skorpion doesn't look too bad in my eyes.

Thanks, it is somewhat better with remodeled version. At least it doesn't hurt my eyes. :D  Now I just need to start to practice with it.

(goodman12 skin/remodel if somebody's interested in it)

Edited by Gardar7, 08 February 2018 - 08:47 AM.

adameitas #11 Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61105 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

mate dont trade Skorpion G just dont!  It is probably best t8 to farm creds atm. Its main value is that your play style remains almost same no matter you are top tier or fight vs t10. You simply dont care about tier mm in that tank. Its huge value now:) Try to master it, give it a chance:)  And to be honest there are simply no t8 in tech tree that would be better. Wz-120 is good but Skorpion has turret and its huge bonus. Lowe is great now too but it is still very slow tank so not that fun to play. Most of others even better ones still becomes into garbages vs t10 guns and as you know now t8 sees a lot of them.

So all in all dont trade it, you simply cant get anything better atm:)

Gardar7 #12 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View Postadameitas, on 08 February 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

mate dont trade Skorpion G just dont!  It is probably best t8 to farm creds atm. Its main value is that your play style remains almost same no matter you are top tier or fight vs t10. You simply dont care about tier mm in that tank. Its huge value now:) Try to master it, give it a chance:)  And to be honest there are simply no t8 in tech tree that would be better. Wz-120 is good but Skorpion has turret and its huge bonus. Lowe is great now too but it is still very slow tank so not that fun to play. Most of others even better ones still becomes into garbages vs t10 guns and as you know now t8 sees a lot of them.

So all in all dont trade it, you simply cant get anything better atm:)

After reading all the helpful answers I'm convinced to keep it. Also the remodeling helped a lot (thanks again for the idea, Aikl). I will spend some time on practicing with it just after I research Emil, as I need silver anyway. Hopefully I will have a good income with it.

Edited by Gardar7, 08 February 2018 - 09:27 AM.

Gavrilac #13 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30866 battles
  • [TAR0M] TAR0M

For me, trade-in is a way to lose money ...

It's a game of relaxation, I pay real money (premium tanks, account) thinking it's fair and a way to support the game, the developers. But I try not to lose money, at least from my point of view.

Homer_J #14 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can look at the trade in two ways.

Either you are getting horrible value for something you might want at a later date and then might not be able to get back.

Or it's a lot better than having 40 Euros just sat there doing nothing.

It's not really for someone else to decide.

Aikl #15 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGardar7, on 08 February 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

Thanks, it is somewhat better with remodeled version. At least it doesn't hurt my eyes. :D  Now I just need to start to practice with it.

(goodman12 skin/remodel if somebody's interested in it)

(...)

First some on-topic: You're likely gonna enjoy the Skorpion G more if you try to avoid mid-range engagements. It's either shotgun- or orbital bombardment-range. It can be really fun to play as a gunboat when the map allows it - just mind the enemy T8 TD will most likely keep his butt clean until late-game.

That skin looks pretty nice. I tried to find one myself, but the best I could find were skins with a, uhm, 'pirate-themed' German division.

Spoiler

Looks decent. Would be good if I liked, uhm, WW2-era pirates.

However, even my limited love for pirates might not prevent me from installing this little piece:

Gardar7 #16 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View PostAikl, on 08 February 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

First some on-topic: You're likely gonna enjoy the Skorpion G more if you try to avoid mid-range engagements. It's either shotgun- or orbital bombardment-range. It can be really fun to play as a gunboat when the map allows it - just mind the enemy T8 TD will most likely keep his butt clean until late-game.

That skin looks pretty nice. I tried to find one myself, but the best I could find were skins with a, uhm, 'pirate-themed' German division.

Spoiler

Looks decent. Would be good if I liked, uhm, WW2-era pirates.

However, even my limited love for pirates might not prevent me from installing this little piece:

Thanks for the tips, I will try it!

These pirates are not from the Caribbean sea :D The second one is an E-25? Looks bad*ss. It must be funny to shoot peas out of that big gun. :D

Edited by Gardar7, 08 February 2018 - 09:58 AM.

Steeltank141 #17 Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17187 battles
  • [4STAR] 4STAR
Don't trade in anything is my advice. Its a way for wargaming to make money. How:
1) Wait for a lot of people to sell/trade in their old premium tanks.
2) Wait for a year.
3) Buff the old premiums so that people have regret and buy it again.

How to make money 101.

Gardar7 #18 Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View PostSteeltank141, on 08 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Don't trade in anything is my advice. Its a way for wargaming to make money. How:
1) Wait for a lot of people to sell/trade in their old premium tanks.
2) Wait for a year.
3) Buff the old premiums so that people have regret and buy it again.

How to make money 101.

So there is still chance for my good ol' KV-5 :teethhappy:

Strappster #19 Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The Skorpion craps credits, you only need to land a couple of shots to have a reasonable game as far as credit earnings go. It's also great for TD personal missions or if you just want to blow off some steam but don't feel vindictive enough to play arty.

The downsides - prepare to move after every shot. The camo isn't great and even with a fully-skilled camo crew you'll be spotted by guys fighting on the next map over when you fire that boom stick. Either ensure you're double-bushed from anyone who could spot you or that you have an escape route. The latter isn't so bad as you have a full turret, which makes positioning to shoot-n-scoot much easier. Arty loves a static Skorpion and as long as they don't hit your gun, you'll be taking big damage.

It's not a great trainer even if you intend to swap the crew to a new line once they're trained because it only seats four and doesn't include a loader, taking a radio operator instead. That doesn't match many (any?) other German tanks so you'd need to budget 500 gold for a change of role if you wanted to go that way with it.

Pandabird #20 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. Used to look down on these specials as the didn't seem to be worth the value for me.

But now i see they actually added the liberte to the tech tree. *without* the clown camo!

Looking at that awful JT88 i have in garage. No interest in playing it, already aced it with decent winrate long ago. It's an outright bore i tell ya. Also i have E-25 and Dicker for crew training already.

Should i? Grinding both french heavy lines at the moment actually...

Edited by Pandabird, 08 February 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Also tagged with trade in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users