Dear Wargaming

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

PoIestar #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello, and welcome to part 2 of "how WG ruined WoT".

We're in a period in which World of Tanks goes above and beyond, with Patch 1.0 being announced. A big one, I must say. However, right before they wanted to implement it, the last version of 0.9 came. And it crippled the game. In fact, so bad, that I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that WoT is becoming a stupid game, held together by the ignorace and blatant fooliness of the developers. 

What's so bad? Well, it's only partially the new tanks they've chosen, which as I discussed in the previous topic, are completely broken. I have nothing to do with the 263 line atm, but I expect people to not be happy about this. I am going to focus in particular on the Obj 705-series, Obj 268 V4 and Obj 257.

WG adressed these three tanks in the second version of 9.22 CT, because they were complained about. And all that they did? "Reduce" the 257's side armor, and BUFF (yes, that's right) the 705A and 268 V4. 

That's a problem on its own, I agree. Although I wasn't really keen on playing anymore, I, refusingly, got myself into my newly acquired Object 257 and tested it. And it is infact, broken as hell. It breaks the game. It really does.

And yet that is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is the developers themselves. It's terrible enough already that the devs are not seeing it themselves. It's even more terrible that their "testers" can't see it. And worst of all: the community speaks, and the huge majority DOES NOT AGREE with the changes. AND YET, WARGAMING IMPLEMENTS THEM!!

The point is simple: WG prefers earning money, on a pay2profit type of game, above pleasing the people who play their game. Everyone who plays this game is helping the developers dig a big hole in which the game can rest in peace, if this trend continues. We're supporting WG's greed. 

So,

Dear Wargaming,

I'm putting away my shovel and stopped digging. I exited the hole I've already dug, and I'll look for other games to play. World of Tanks, in my eyes, died. 

You've lost a trusty, long-playing "customer" today. One that was supporting the game for multiple years, liked it, played it a lot, even helped you earn money. If you are not quitting this borderline malafide business model, more will follow. Mark my words. 

Thanks for reading. Everyone who has ever platooned with me, played with me in any way: you will be thanked. I will not continue playing until WG changes their policy, and is finally ready to accept the truth, and let us help improving their game.

Polestar out.

PS: 30113, but the games of this morning are not included yet so that number will grow.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
I keep thinking with the revenues of WG why do they not run regional server variations.
The cultural differences and tastes are often foisted on to the EU population and its a head scratch to this confusion to Rusha Bias.
It doesn't need to be but so much should of already been done in this game that has had a plethora of patches in its 7 years history.
The patches in my opinion have generally been negative and reduced WoT and termed as dumbing down.

I am waiting on WoT 1.0 but really expecting a playerbase avalanche and saddened that I am not enjoying the game any more.
I am the same been saying the same in http://forum.worldof...ayerbase-worse/

I don't think we are alone and many have quietly already gone, I am absolutely shocked how apparent it is in the games, so are many.

jabster #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
An excellent flounce I must say.

TwoPointsOfInterest #4 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5146 battles

In the end its a game, you can play it or you can not play it. The new heavies wont break the game any more than the Japanese heavies already have though I do agree they could do with a bit of a nerf.

But its still a game, I will never understand why people write these goodbye posts, I didn't write to everyone who has played monopoly when I didn't play it for a while! 

jimbobjammybob #5 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 618 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

In the end its a forum, you can  read it or you can not read it. The new goodbye threads wont break the forum  any more than the gold ammo threads already have though I do agree they could do with a bit of  moderation

But its still a forum, I will never understand why people comment on these goodbye posts, I dont comment every time someone makes a goodbye thread.

TwoPointsOfInterest #6 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5146 battles

View Postjimbobjammybob, on 07 February 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Pointing out my hipocrisy   

You got me there!

I guess my main problem is how its always pointing out the 'doom' of the game, post like this have existed for years and WOT is still going strong. I'm not a fanboy in any regard (matchmaking japanese heaves etc are all a problem) 

I mean this goodbye post highlights the fact a company that exists by making money wants to make money, not exactly a new revelation 

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #7 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Postjabster, on 07 February 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

An excellent flounce I must say.

I think you run on a different dictionary to the rest of the community Jabster why not post on threads you agree with and save us your post count?
I sort of agree think I am also gone. hanging in for WoT 1.0 but dont have much optimism.
Maybe its just us who have 30k+ or nearing and its just end of game and have lost faith.
As for the jabsters of almost twice as much forum activity to games yeah I am rather tired of your comments, go play some games if you love this game so much! 

DuncaN_101 #8 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52766 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Sad to see you go pole.
But I can see why.

Cheers and hope you find what you are looking for in a new game

jabster #9 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDumbNumpty, on 07 February 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I think you run on a different dictionary to the rest of the community Jabster why not post on threads you agree with and save us your post count?
I sort of agree think I am also gone. hanging in for WoT 1.0 but dont have much optimism.
Maybe its just us who have 30k+ or nearing and its just end of game and have lost faith.
As for the jabsters of almost twice as much forum activity to games yeah I am rather tired of your comments, go play some games if you love this game so much! 

I play WoT as much as I enjoy it. Not that difficult to understand is it?

PoIestar #10 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

In the end its a game, you can play it or you can not play it. The new heavies wont break the game any more than the Japanese heavies already have though I do agree they could do with a bit of a nerf.

But its still a game, I will never understand why people write these goodbye posts, I didn't write to everyone who has played monopoly when I didn't play it for a while! 

I get your point, but I just wanted to highlight my choices and make you reflect your own way of playing and thinking.

And relieving what's on my mind is always a way of revelation.

VsUK #11 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

It is a game. But like many, we've invested a lot of time & a fair bit of money into building up our tanks. To then start turning the game into something very different than what it use to be, knowing the vast majority of players will continue to play, because they've invested too much to just simply stop playing. Its just a sheer abuse of our loyalty & a form of entrapment. Who here with multiple tier 10 tanks are happy to call it a day & not play again or play standard? I think very few are willing to do this & that's where the WG abuse comes in. 

I agree with the OP also on why regional server variations are not introduced. Example, On Russian servers, they're obsessed with their own tanks. I'm pretty sure the same will be said with China & America. But in Europe, we've all grown fond of not only British tanks, But German & French tanks. We're not that obsessed with other nations tanks. Yet, we're having Russian tanks pushed down our throats. Also, just had a few games & the majority of tanks I'm seeing are the Obj 430 U. Which for me just spoils the whole experience. Also, some of these tanks are experimental tanks with stats that are pure fiction. 

I think we all know where this game's going. Something that cater for the tastes of the Russians, Chinese & Japanese & sod everyone else. We're seeing tanks that are more modern than other tanks being implemented into the game. Yet we don't even have the British Chieftain Tank, which would wipe the floor with most of the tanks in the game. But I would imagine WG will do what they've done with every other tank. Put them at a disadvantage against Russian, Chinese & Japanese tanks. 

The games losing it's enjoy ability in a big way.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #12 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9508 battles
bye, close the door

Aikl #13 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

9.22's just another brick in the wall; pretty sure Wargaming knows that post-Defender/Maus/Type 5/whatever they've established that they can do just about whatever they please without much in the way of consequences. To some extent they're right. It's still a fun game, despite the direction it's been taking the last two-ish years. For the time being my ability to not care and play tanks that can function well regardless of what kind of battle they're in works rather well. He-ello, Type 64, E25, Type 62, Skorpion, M41GF, T92, Maus and Type 5 (I don't see a pattern here).

Edited by Aikl, 07 February 2018 - 04:12 PM.

Noo_Noo #14 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles

Sympathies and enjoy whatever you move onto. 

probably heading a similar direction myself to be honest. Not so much from the new tanks being introduced but artillery plus some life changes that will pretty much remove any playing time that I currently have. 

Shame I'm having fun with some new lines at the moment including the British heavy line which may surprise a few.

Ceeb #15 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles

Every Developer/Publisher fcuks their game in the [edited].

Netdevil - Jumpgate/Auto Assault.

Sony E - Star Wars Galaxies

EA - Every game they touch

WG is no different.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #16 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29080 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostCeeb, on 07 February 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Every Developer/Publisher fcuks their game in the [edited].

Netdevil - Jumpgate/Auto Assault.

Sony E - Star Wars Galaxies

EA - Every game they touch

WG is no different.

So much so that replays are now available on xhamster

Edited by DumbNumpty, 07 February 2018 - 04:40 PM.

Slyspy #17 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVsUK, on 07 February 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

It is a game. But like many, we've invested a lot of time & a fair bit of money into building up our tanks. 

No. You've spent money not invested it. To wish that things were more as you would like them is understandable, we all do that everyday about everything, but to continue as many seem to do in playing a game which you no longer enjoy is just madness. Even if money is no object then surely time is not be wasted so? So anyone sharing the opinion of the OP is better off IMO just quitting the game and moving on (farewell post optional). 

Hedgehog1963 #18 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50924 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Game became to hard for him.  Leaving was the best option.

250swb #19 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21727 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Every patch we get this 'broken game' mantra trotted on the first day, by the second day players are reporting weak spots to shoot at, after a week the new OP tank is just another tank. Look at the stats and in the first few weeks the OP tank will be top of the lists because the more experienced players are more likely to get it first, then all the less experienced players finish their grinds, and lo and behold the Badger is no longer the OP monster it was, the Super Conqueror goes from 53% WR to 50%. 

I like the new content WG introduce, and yes it isn't always totally balanced. But it rarely turns out to be as bad a situation as it seems, unless you are talking about Japanese heavy tanks, but even these have declined in number probably self-balanced due to the boring game style they engender. I think new content is sometimes met with concern because it's seen a destabilising a comfy position players think they are in, they have their happy tanks and don't want these messed with, but as plenty of people have already said 'it's a game', and you can only truly win a battle if it's a challenge and not a routine.

Element6_TheSprout #20 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post250swb, on 07 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Every patch we get this 'broken game' mantra trotted on the first day, by the second day players are reporting weak spots to shoot at, after a week the new OP tank is just another tank. Look at the stats and in the first few weeks the OP tank will be top of the lists because the more experienced players are more likely to get it first, then all the less experienced players finish their grinds, and lo and behold the Badger is no longer the OP monster it was, the Super Conqueror goes from 53% WR to 50%. 

I like the new content WG introduce, and yes it isn't always totally balanced. But it rarely turns out to be as bad a situation as it seems, unless you are talking about Japanese heavy tanks, but even these have declined in number probably self-balanced due to the boring game style they engender. I think new content is sometimes met with concern because it's seen a destabilising a comfy position players think they are in, they have their happy tanks and don't want these messed with, but as plenty of people have already said 'it's a game', and you can only truly win a battle if it's a challenge and not a routine.

Indeed.

I have fond memories of watching Orzanel laughing so hard at WG for releasing the Defender, his head almost went out of the picture frame while he chanted T10 at T8 lol lol lol. Yes, the tank is strong, but his overexaggregation went past the moon on that one.

People kill Defenders all the time, even in T7 tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users