40 replies to this topic

jimbobjammybob #21 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 618 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

You got me there!

I guess my main problem is how its always pointing out the 'doom' of the game, post like this have existed for years and WOT is still going strong. I'm not a fanboy in any regard (matchmaking japanese heaves etc are all a problem) 

I mean this goodbye post highlights the fact a company that exists by making money wants to make money, not exactly a new revelation 

I often get the feeling that leave posts in some way attempt to persuade others to go with them, perhaps the pain of walking away and knowing we are all still here having fun together is just too much.

???

VsUK #22 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
If anyone thinks the Obj 268 4 is a TD of balance. Then your more stupid than it appears. This game is heading down the path of premium ammo only & head on games. I remember when this game was about content & enjoy ability. Now it's about forcing people into using premium ammo.

You know the only thing that will stop them from dragging this game into a pay2win path. People stop spending money on the game. If people just decided all together. Between the dates of x & y. No one, out of protest buys any premium time or premium ammo or any other content. Then WG will have to listen because they've took a financial hit. But, can I just fill you in on something, They tried that about 2 years ago on NA server. They organised a protest about the game direction WG was taking. They did it externally of course, but talked about it on the forum. Anyways, the ring leaders of it, we're tracked down & WG banned their accounts. 

So, the only people to blame for how the game is developing is all of us. Especially those who spend hundreds on gold & convert free exp just to get that top tier tank that is so OP. Its idiots like you, who motivate WG to continue what they're doing. So yes, you can say that people who spend money contribute to this game. True, there's spending money like premium accounts & the odd premium tank. Then just skipping an entire tech tree just to get the top tier tank is doing more harm than good. I mean, it's just blind foolishness & then you complain about it being unbalanced. Well, its idiots like you why WG do what they do. The more you do it, the more they keep making it.

Homer_J #23 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVsUK, on 07 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

They tried that about 2 years ago on NA server. They organised a protest about the game direction WG was taking.

I vote VsUK to organise the EU rebellion. :izmena:

You've about as much chance of that as you have of slicing fog.

VsUK #24 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 07 February 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

I vote VsUK to organise the EU rebellion. :izmena:

You've about as much chance of that as you have of slicing fog.

Won't make a difference. Because this game is full of ignorant, obedient spenders. People who put food down in the garden at night for the fox's. Then complain every morning about the crap the fox's leave behind. But still keep putting that food down regardless. When the simple solution is to stop putting that food down. But nope. People keep on feeding WG & complain about the mess they make, whilst being completely ignorant of the cause. Themselves!

Edited by VsUK, 07 February 2018 - 06:38 PM.

250swb #25 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVsUK, on 07 February 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Won't make a difference. Because this game is full of ignorant, obedient spenders. 

Well on the one hand you've got WG milking their player base, but at least you could call it 'voluntary' on the players part. On the other hand you have aimbot users milking their compatriots who are not volunteers to being shafted.

spamhamstar #26 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

Won't make a difference. Because this game is full of ignorant, obedient spenders. People who put food down in the garden at night for the fox's. Then complain every morning about the crap the fox's leave behind. But still keep putting that food down regardless. When the simple solution is to stop putting that food down. But nope. People keep on feeding WG & complain about the mess they make, whilst being completely ignorant of the cause. Themselves!

Yup, cuz people not spending money on the game won't kill the game faster than a couple of unbalanced tanks.  The funniest bit is where you have the temerity to call people who spend money ignorant.  There would be no game if they hadn't.  Most companies would respond to a drop in sales by cutting costs.  Seems like you've not really thought this through before launching into a tirade & insulting everyone that keeps the game ftp for those that choose to.

Also, you can only get free xp by playing the game.  So this means that players are being encouraged to play as well as spend money.  Just because they're doing it in tanks they like rather than grinding through lower tiers is not game breaking, it just means there are fewer more experienced players at lower tiers than there would be otherwise.

juonimies #27 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43760 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

In the end its a game, you can play it or you can not play it. The new heavies wont break the game any more than the Japanese heavies already have though I do agree they could do with a bit of a nerf.

But its still a game, I will never understand why people write these goodbye posts, I didn't write to everyone who has played monopoly when I didn't play it for a while! 

I can see OP's frustration. See, monopoly has rules which concern all players and which don't change in every new patch. 

WoT has not. 

Long_Range_Sniper #28 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 30640 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I certainly never like to see a forumite leave the game. Rights or wrongs, different opinions, love or hate, you’ve still got enough off to add to the discussion and when one leaves I think we all lose out.

That said, if anyone gets to write 13842(and increasing) I’ll take back the above comment.

PoIestar #29 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 07 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

People kill Defenders all the time, even in TVP VTU's.

ftfy

Element6_TheSprout #30 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPoIestar, on 07 February 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

ftfy

I know the meme, but I was being cincere, killed Defender in my IS with 100mm gun. That doesn't mean I did it 1 on 1 with it though.

kisli #31 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34553 battles

I agree with Dingers on this one.

Game will never go back to being as enjoyable as it was 2 years ago. 

All that money and time is wasted.

Homer_J #32 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Won't make a difference. Because this game is full of ignorant, obedient spenders. People who put food down in the garden at night for the fox's. Then complain every morning about the poop the fox's leave behind. But still keep putting that food down regardless. When the simple solution is to stop putting that food down. But nope. People keep on feeding WG & complain about the mess they make, whilst being completely ignorant of the cause. Themselves!

I don't believe most people are like that.

I believe that people feed the foxes because they like foxes.  And they pay for the game because they enjoy playing it.

jabster #33 Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 07 February 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

I don't believe most people are like that.

I believe that people feed the foxes because they like foxes.  And they pay for the game because they enjoy playing it.

The fox poo isn’t really a problem, the love making sounds on the other hand. What on earth is going on there.

Erwin_Von_Braun #34 Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 07 February 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

The fox poo isn’t really a problem, the love making sounds on the other hand. What on earth is going on there.

I had the distinct displeasure of watching (& hearing) that happen once at 2am in the middle of a 5 night fishing session.

It was not a dignified affair and, to be honest, the images still haunt me.

discontinued #35 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7292 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

View PostTwoPointsOfInterest, on 07 February 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

In the end its a game, you can play it or you can not play it. The new heavies wont break the game any more than the Japanese heavies already have though I do agree they could do with a bit of a nerf.

But its still a game, I will never understand why people write these goodbye posts, I didn't write to everyone who has played monopoly when I didn't play it for a while! 

I'd like to write  a post on the monopoly forum 

Dear monopoly I've been playing since beta and with the recent changes I have decided to  quit due to the rigged gamelpay and introduction of a new lines also the top hat needs to be nerfed and the car desperately needs buffing as it's clearly underpowered.we need to have skill based dice throwing and a complete redesign of the community chest.

As a result I will no longer be rolling the dice and have sold all my hotels and will never return to your rigged game.

Kindest regards 

Discontinued 

discontinued #36 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7292 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID
But in all seriousness. It's sad to see him go I have read many of his posts and threads over the years.

Long_Range_Sniper #37 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

General

• Player
  • 30640 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I kind of get where he's coming from, but patch day is the worst to judge the game. I had some pretty horrible games in "normal" tanks going up against waves of 257's or 430U's but everyone's trying out their nice new tanks. 

I bounced shell after shell off the side of 257's and if the game continued in this way I'd be quitting after a matter of days. But people play the tanks they like, and so just like many new tanks that come into the game I'm hoping it dies down in a few days.

This doesn't mean I like the direction of travel though, and all this new armour on these maps with this MM is still a bad mix IMHO.

Take a breather Polestar, have a break, and have a peek back in a few weeks.

Element6_TheSprout #38 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I started the new patch with 5 consecutive IS-M battles where 4 were top tier and one -1. That didn't leave me with an impression this was horrible, in fact it was a rather pleasant experience. Then I tried a few T10 battles which were mostly 15-2/3 kind of stomps that were over in just over 5 minutes.

I even played frontline on the ridge with the 257 with a fresh crew without perks in a T10 battle on Salient, managed to survive, got a spotter badge and 2 kills and about 2k damage. On patch day I feel that "luck" with what type of games you get will seriously color your judgement.

Follow LRSs advice if you get shafted.

PoIestar #39 Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 08 February 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

I kind of get where he's coming from, but patch day is the worst to judge the game. I had some pretty horrible games in "normal" tanks going up against waves of 257's or 430U's but everyone's trying out their nice new tanks. 

I bounced shell after shell off the side of 257's and if the game continued in this way I'd be quitting after a matter of days. But people play the tanks they like, and so just like many new tanks that come into the game I'm hoping it dies down in a few days.

This doesn't mean I like the direction of travel though, and all this new armour on these maps with this MM is still a bad mix IMHO.

Take a breather Polestar, have a break, and have a peek back in a few weeks.

Fair point, if the new tanks were my problem. But they're just the match that lit the gasoline that WG has been spraying down for the past year. 

The main reason for this is not down to the actual physical stuff they added in 9.22. It's the idea that WG persuaded into getting it into the game, ignoring everyone who protested against it. And why? Money and greed. 

I'm not interested in playing a game where the developers are that ignorant. Of course, every game relies partially on microtransactions and DLC, but WG's policy of charging so much money for stuff has been retarded from day one, and gets even more stupid every patch on. 

_EXODUZ_ #40 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPoIestar, on 07 February 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

PS: 30113, but the games of this morning are not included yet so that number will grow.

Good one, dude. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users