Jump to content


9.22 Tiger new model

tiger

  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Ziurawka #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21519 battles
  • 436
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

 

Wth have they done? Anyone thinks it's actually nice?

I think it looks like it got covered in glue and drove through a junkyard.

Well, maybe it shows the general direction of this game  ...

 

 


Edited by Ziurawka, 07 February 2018 - 04:51 PM.


Grand_Moff_Tano #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1762 battles
  • 10,718
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
I like it, love the add ons and the more weathered look, makes the tank more pleasing to the eye.

_b_ #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55203 battles
  • 4,017
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
I like it :)

BonjiOrongji #4 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 1,200
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011
i like the new model too :O

Ziurawka #5 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21519 battles
  • 436
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

But they even added the russian log to it..

Hanging on a barbed wire it seems ... ?

 

That's not german at all guys, and I do know some Germans ;)



BonjiOrongji #6 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 1,200
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostZiurawka, on 07 February 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

But they even added the russian log to it..

Hanging on a barbed wire it seems ... ?

 

That's not german at all guys, and I do know some Germans ;)

 

the model looks battleworn and the stolen fence pole ( i guess thats why there is barbed wire on it ) adds to that look ... and i dont not know what beeing german has to do anything with it

Grand_Moff_Tano #7 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1762 battles
  • 10,718
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

The Russian's were not the only ones to use a log to help get a stuck tank out of mud, and why not carry one around just in case? The barbed wire makes it look improvised as well, and Germans are very good at improvising with military equipment, such as adding a 5cm PaK to the top of a Bruckenleger used by the German Pioneers on the Eastern front.

 


Edited by Chipmunk_of_Vengeance, 07 February 2018 - 05:02 PM.


Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66298 battles
  • 16,320
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Still looks better then the basic old model with no details. This looks like it's seen some action vs just standing there. And others will follow, as WG was never happy with their first wave of HD models vs their recent models. As they were not done in house. And thus results did vary.   iirc WG did list the Panther and M4 to name some that will get the same deal later.

fighting_falcon93 #9 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31233 battles
  • 3,919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

I like some of it, but not all.

 

- The model looks waaay too worn down. Some parts have completely fallen off or are completely bent.

- The tracks on the lower plate are gone. Sad because it looked good and offered them a possibility to buff the armor a bit.

- Cupola machinegun, helmet, and Sturmgewehr 44 looks very good.

 

What I don't get is why all other tanks looks shiny and complete with no missing parts, directly from the factory, while this Tiger seems to have participated in the entire WW2 all the way back to the Führerbunker...

 

Personally I think that this is the kind of things that we should be able to customize with 3D customization, but it seems WG prefers to force everyone to have the same worn out model instead.



Dava_117 #10 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19508 battles
  • 3,319
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
The details on the turret are nice, but all those missing part ruin the look. Why can't it be wornout but with all the components? It looks so shabby as it is now...

Edited by Dava_117, 07 February 2018 - 05:28 PM.


Midnight_Panther #11 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9691 battles
  • 1
  • [POEM] POEM
  • Member since:
    10-21-2017

I Like it!

Because of thet broken down, battelworn look.

BUT, i want back the chains on the lower glacis front, the looked much better.

Also they gave some "protective" effect to the looks of that blocky Tank, now it is too flat.

I also miss the non penetration and ricochet marks, ... the would addd to that above mentiond battelworn look ;(
 

 


Edited by Midnight_Panther, 07 February 2018 - 05:51 PM.


BonjiOrongji #12 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 1,200
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 February 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

What I don't get is why all other tanks looks shiny and complete with no missing parts, directly from the factory, while this Tiger seems to have participated in the entire WW2 all the way back to the Führerbunker...

 

 

which is totally wrong ... all the new HD models look to some degree battleworn ... with dents, scratches, holes etc all over the tank



jimbobjammybob #13 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 618 battles
  • 210
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

View PostZiurawka, on 07 February 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

Wth have they done? Anyone thinks it's actually nice?

I think it looks like it got covered in glue and drove through a junkyard.

Well, maybe it shows the general direction of this game  ...

 

 

 

Make the images smaller next time.

Scourge_Splitter #14 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7820 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

I like the additions but I don't like the half torn metal plating on certain sections.

And I woud've liked if they made it so one can adjust the skin between this and standard as a player option.

 



fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31233 battles
  • 3,919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 07 February 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

all the new HD models look to some degree battleworn ... with dents, scratches, holes etc all over the tank

 

Not to the degree of the Tiger I. I used bad wording when I typed "from the factory", but they do look quite intact. For example, compare Königstiger to Tiger I. The Königstiger looks quite fresch, some scratches here and there + some slightly bent mud covers, but that's pretty much it. Now look at Tiger I, missing parts everywhere, holes etc.

 

Battleworn is nice, but they've overdone it on the Tiger I, atleast IMHO :)



fighting_falcon93 #16 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31233 battles
  • 3,919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostScourge_Splitter, on 07 February 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

And I woud've liked if they made it so one can adjust the skin between this and standard as a player option.

 

I hope that this will be part of the 3D customization. So that not only we can put Sturmgewehrs on it, but also influence the actual look like torn parts, missing parts, new parts, ricochet scars etc :great:



BonjiOrongji #17 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 1,200
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 February 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

 

Not to the degree of the Tiger I. I used bad wording when I typed "from the factory", but they do look quite intact. For example, compare Königstiger to Tiger I. The Königstiger looks quite fresch, some scratches here and there + some slightly bent mud covers, but that's pretty much it. Now look at Tiger I, missing parts everywhere, holes etc.

 

Battleworn is nice, but they've overdone it on the Tiger I, atleast IMHO :)

 

i said "new HD models" for a reason ... just have a look at the tier 10 WZ ... holes in tank, metal torn apart, oil leaking out etc ... thats not even close to all shiny and new/directly out of factory

Edited by BonjiOrongji, 07 February 2018 - 06:51 PM.


fighting_falcon93 #18 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31233 battles
  • 3,919
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 07 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

i said "new HD models" for a reason ... just have a look at the tier 10 WZ ... holes in tank, metal torn apart, oil leaking out etc ... thats not even close to all shiny and new/directly out of factory

 

As I said, "factory" and "shiny" was bad wording from my part, obviously I was exaggerating :)

 

But still compare the Tiger I with the WZ-111-5A, as you said yourself. It's still a massive difference. While the WZ-111-5A mostly has damaged mud covers, the Tiger I has damaged/missing parts all over the place. Personally I think it's too much, but as I said, that's just my opinion.

 

The best would be if we could control this with 3D customization. Then we could style it ourselves so we decide if we want it to look completely new, or a bit battle worn, or extremely battle worn etc :great:



BonjiOrongji #19 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 1,200
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 February 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

But still compare the Tiger I with the WZ-111-5A, as you said yourself. It's still a massive difference. While the WZ-111-5A mostly has damaged mud covers, the Tiger I has damaged/missing parts all over the place. Personally I think it's too much, but as I said, that's just my opinion.

 

no, i have not said this ... i said the complete opposite

 

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 07 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

 

i said "new HD models" for a reason ... just have a look at the tier 10 WZ ... holes in tank, metal torn apart, oil leaking out etc ... thats not even close to all shiny and new/directly out of factory

 


Edited by BonjiOrongji, 07 February 2018 - 07:09 PM.


Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16440 battles
  • 25,859
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

You think the old model was any good? The pre-9.22 Model was frankly just a glorified SD Model IMO. The textures especially were garbage compared to some of the newer stuff, with other tanks such as the T-54/T-55A Being similar (seriously, if you want to get an idea how bad they are compared the colours of the guns on the T-54 To the turret, or the T-55A Gun and turret compared to the hull and it's just obvious).

 

Just to compare, here is the old Panther vs. the new Panther back in 9.17.1. They also updated the Churchill I A bit ago for similar reasons, but I didn't bother to get comparison screenshots for that.

Spoiler

 







Also tagged with tiger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users