• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

NitroDeluxe #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27853 battles

Block Quote

Matchmaking Improvements

9.22’S update will improve the matchmaker to allow tankers to encounter different Battle Modes (in your preferred list) more often.

This means, in your next Random Battle, the mode (Standard, Assault, Encounter, or Grand Battle) has less chance of reoccurring if you’ve already fought one.

This will help avoid encountering the same Battle Mode several times in a row (more often with Grand Battles). But entering a Grand Battle every other match is still possible.

To get the most out of the new mechanic, the matchmaker needs data on the last 50 matches played after 9.22’s release. It works best when you’ve played 50+ battles after the update.  When it takes too long to assign a player to a battle, the matchmaker may add extra Battle Modes to those you’ve marked. If the wait takes more than 50 seconds, you’ll enter the first available match in any mode.

I've played 17 games this afternoon with Assault Mode selected and had only 2 games on Assault.  This is a lot worse than before.  Apparently it takes 50s games for the new MM to work best which implies it should be working now, which it clearly isn't.

Please comment on how are your games being distributed among the modes.  Thanks

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 07 February 2018 - 06:22 PM.

soul3ater #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18669 battles

"When it takes too long to assign a player to a battle, the matchmaker may add extra Battle Modes to those you’ve marked. If the wait takes more than 50 seconds, you’ll enter the first available match in any mode."

this is stupid af. I don't wana play anything other than standard mode. f off wg

Dis4ster #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles

I think that rule only applies to almost dead servers like the NA one, you will never have to wait 50 sec on EU not even late at night. But on NA it takes forever to get a match and splitting the players up in 4 categories prolongs that wait time even more.

Maybe thats also preparation for game death, because those incompetent developer monkeys could really kill it.

Slyspy #4 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNitroDeluxe, on 07 February 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I've played 17 games this afternoon with Assault Mode selected and had only 2 games on Assault.  This is a lot worse than before.  Apparently it takes 50s games for the new MM to work best which implies it should be working now, which it clearly isn't.

Please comment on how are your games being distributed among the modes.  Thanks

17 battles is not 50+ battles. Besides the system is designed to reduce the number of special mode games, unless server population is very low in which case you have the chance of entering modes which you haven't selected.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postsoul3ater, on 07 February 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

"When it takes too long to assign a player to a battle, the matchmaker may add extra Battle Modes to those you’ve marked. If the wait takes more than 50 seconds, you’ll enter the first available match in any mode."

this is stupid af. I don't wana play anything other than standard mode. f off wg

Yeah it's not like you can leave and enter the queue again to reset the timer right?

Then again... do we know if this works forcing modes on you like that, regardless if they have disabled the other modes or not yet? Or is it just the forum jumping to conclusions as pr usual before WG has confirmed anything? As everyone seems to "know" that it works like that. But I've yet to see it written anywhere if it does. As I have both modes off. Only seen standard so far. Even played my arty that gets longer wait times in the late hours.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 February 2018 - 03:26 AM.

NitroDeluxe #6 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27853 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 08 February 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

17 battles is not 50+ battles. Besides the system is designed to reduce the number of special mode games, unless server population is very low in which case you have the chance of entering modes which you haven't selected.

How do you come to the conclusion that it is supposed to reduce the number of special game modes?  WG states "This means, in your next Random Battle, the mode (Standard, Assault, Encounter, or Grand Battle) has less chance of reoccurring if you’ve already fought one."  It applies to all modes including Standard. I've repeatedly had 7-8 Standard battles in a row before getting Assault mode.  In total yesterday I had 30 games and 4 of those were assault mode.  This is a significant reduction in Assault games compared to previous patches.  WG say that the system works best after 50 games which means it is already in effect but not optimised.  I'm finding that it's doing the opposite of what WG say and I'm expecting that after 50 games there may well be an improvement but there'll be no difference to mode selection compared to previous patches.

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 08 February 2018 - 11:47 AM.

discontinued #7 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7183 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

View Postsoul3ater, on 07 February 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

I'm with you on that one i don't play these other modes least of all grand battles I just don't like them 

Normally I'm pretty positive about this game almost jingles or quicky style of positivity. But this update has made me think twice 

I've never had such a bad losing streak as i did last night?

so the "new MM" seems to be purely about map rotation and not fixing the very dysfunctional MM at higher tiers and infact all tiers.

Why anyone would want to bother going above tier 6 or 7 with this update is beyond me.

i'm pretty tempted to go back to world of warships, as this update has really taken the fun out of playing.

and no i don't want any more Russian tanks I've got enough already heavies are a snore fest as are these new assault tanks.

I just feel sorry for any new player that decides to play this game, maybe they should just rename it world of Russian tanks as at least that would clearly state what the game is about.

Presently its barely worth going up any other lines with a couple of expections

as others have said how bad must the Russian players be if they need these tanks as a crutch?

no more smileys for me 

Edited by discontinued, 08 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.

Aikl #8 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

From what I remember, the matchmaker works/worked by putting you into a queue for each game mode you had selected, and the first one that finished was that match you got into.

If you suddenly introduce rules to prevent someone from getting assault two times in a row, and hence prevent them from joining an assault queue, it's no wonder that more standard battles will occur. It's just simpler for the matchmaker. That's assuming 'standard' is sort of a 'default' game mode. We'll see how this works after fifty+ games.

Doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me. It also paves the way for allowing us to disable the standard mode - I don't see the logic in allowing people to turn off assault/encounter/GBs because they don't like them, but still force everyone to participate in the standard mode. Standard has a lot of maps that I don't enjoy, or maps that are vastly inferior to their assault/encounter counterparts.

Edited by Aikl, 08 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35763 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I wish they'd add an option to disable Mines Encounter.

NitroDeluxe #10 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27853 battles

View PostAikl, on 08 February 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

If you suddenly introduce rules to prevent someone from getting assault two times in a row, and hence prevent them from joining an assault queue, it's no wonder that more standard battles will occur. It's just simpler for the matchmaker. That's assuming 'standard' is sort of a 'default' game mode. We'll see how this works after fifty+ games.

This is the point I was making to Slyspy that WG say that Standard is included in the new rules.  I'm starting to think that it's not, judging by the repeated large consecutive amounts of Standard games I played yesterday.  It may well be a typo

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 08 February 2018 - 12:29 PM.

soul3ater #11 Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 February 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Yeah it's not like you can leave and enter the queue again to reset the timer right?

Then again... do we know if this works forcing modes on you like that, regardless if they have disabled the other modes or not yet? Or is it just the forum jumping to conclusions as pr usual before WG has confirmed anything? As everyone seems to "know" that it works like that. But I've yet to see it written anywhere if it does. As I have both modes off. Only seen standard so far. Even played my arty that gets longer wait times in the late hours.

why does it matter if I can reset the timer or not? forcing me to play a mode that I don't want to play is the issue here. I don't mind waiting 50 sec or more for a match on the mode that I chose.

what do you mean by do we know if this will force the modes we didn't choose, it says there on the statement. 

Steve8066 #12 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11170 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 February 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

i have standard and encounter selected. Up to now im finding that its nearly always a standard battle im getting, and when not, its encounter on the worst map for it, Mines. Its certainly not a 50-50 split, neither have i been `forced` to play an assault.

Slyspy #13 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNitroDeluxe, on 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

This is the point I was making to Slyspy that WG say that Standard is included in the new rules.  I'm starting to think that it's not, judging by the repeated large consecutive amounts of Standard games I played yesterday.  It may well be a typo

I would imagine that the base chance of each mode coming up is not equal.

Edited by Slyspy, 08 February 2018 - 07:08 PM.

macron0 #14 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33476 battles
  • [EMOJI] EMOJI

WG . I am so tired and bored to be bottom tier almost every game. 

I really which you woukd bring back the 9.17 mm so scouts are scout and bottom tier. not top tier scouts like the crapnow. 

I really go camp and watch a movie when I am again tier 6 bottom after 10 games. 

It might be stats and overal you might be better of comercially but for me it has become soo boring. 

and when I am top tier I am it usualy in a td. when it is no use. 

crap

and give us back the elx and chaffe the way they were in 9,17

crap

I payed so much for this game and they cheated me. 

Bennie182 #15 Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51515 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I really don't like the changes, since I already found the chance to get Grand Battles waaay too small, while I only play standard mode and GB's. Also I mostly get only tier 8 battles when picking a tier 10. Theoretically this means my chance to get a GB will get even smaller.

I haven't played any tier 10's yet, so I can't say if it works badly or not after the patch.

Homer_J #16 Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNitroDeluxe, on 08 February 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

It only says you will get less chance of the same battle mode.

Considering we know what battle mode you played last battle you could say that had a 100% chance of happening, next time round the same mode has a 99% chance.  It's probably not how it works but that would be in keeping with the wording.

As for throwing you into a battle mode you don't have selected I can only see that being an issue on the NA server at quiet times.  I can't remember the last time I queued for 50 seconds in WoT, even in the early hours playing arty.

NitroDeluxe #17 Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27853 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 10 February 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

It only says you will get less chance of the same battle mode.

I know, thats why I was saying I was gettting Standard mode 8 times in row which is a lot worse than before.  Now I've played 15 games since reaching the 50 battles mark,  I'm getting Assault one game in every 5 which is pretty much similar to what it was before.  So nothings changed as I predicted earlier in the thread, which means WG haven't improved anything accept maybe for the frequency of Grand battles but I can't comment on that as I havent been playing tier 10s recently.

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 10 February 2018 - 07:42 PM.

CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35763 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNitroDeluxe, on 10 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

So nothings changed as I predicted earlier in the thread, which means WG haven't improved anything accept maybe for the frequency of Grand battles but I can't comment on that as I havent been playing tier 10s recently.

Did they say you'd get more or les of a particular mode?  I thought they just said you wouldn't get lots of the same on the trot.

NitroDeluxe #19 Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27853 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 10 February 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Did they say you'd get more or les of a particular mode?  I thought they just said you wouldn't get lots of the same on the trot.

"9.22’s update will improve the matchmaker to allow tankers to encounter different Battle Modes (in your preferred list) more often."  So players should have more games of the modes they have selected, which in my experience so far is not happening.  It's just that if you get in an Assault mode game for example, then the next game won't be Assault.

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 11 February 2018 - 12:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users