Game Crashes in Windows 10...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

LexT_gr #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32585 battles

Good afternoon 

I am facing a problem with starting the game in my laptop...it continiously crashes!!! I am running Windows 10. Anyone else has same problem?

crash.jpgcrash2.jpg

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hmm, can't say I've had anything like that myself.

I assume you've done all the usual driver updates?

Cr4zyBunny #3 Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6609 battles
  • [TSWZ] TSWZ

I have the exact same problem. Win 10 64bit. It's really annoying. Sometimes it comes right away. Sometimes it comes after a few games, and sometimes it just crashes during a game.

PeetDNeet #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39656 battles
  • [GRTR] GRTR

Hi Guys, I am in ! 

I have the same problem.... But...maybe take it a bit further.... it never happenen on my old laptop and started with a new one since mid last year.

From day one I have had continuous issues like game hang up and blues screens. I recently posted this to WG as a ticket. See.>>>>> 

So my conclusion.... It is newer version of Nvidia eg 1060  / 1070 / 1080 and W10-64.... please comment what GPU you run with. 

I play WOT since 2013 and uses till mid 2017 an ASUS ROG Laptop with latest Windows-10 + older Nvidea-card G960 (I think). Fps about 50. Game always ran without problem. Since mid 2017 I have a new ASUS ROG laptop and from day one I have continues issues because game is crashing regularly without a clear cause. I come to the conclusion that the game is not running stable when using a higher version on NVDIA-GPUs. Why ? 1) this issue with the ASUS ROG - (See attached file from WG-Check report) 2) I have also tried with NEW ASUS desktop and this gives the same issues. So i send back this Desktop to the seller then 3) I bought for testing a new DELL ALIENWARE R17 and again the issues are still there. All these machines have W10 + NVIDIA latest high-end GPUs. And now it comes .... I have also bought a new DELL Desktop with AMD-GPU..... frames-rate is 60 and totally now problems.... game is running stable as I was used to. I just to day downloaded the 1.0 testclient to see how this would run on the ASUS ROG and again game simply broke down 4 or 5 times running totally instable. I guess per mail you get the feedback as I saw this reporting beeing send. Anyway.... This is a serious problem if, and this looks like it, the combi of the game with highend NVIDIA seems a game-stability killer. I think there must be many more gamers to have this issue. And if not they will come with new NVIDIA's in newer machines.

I hope you can get your fingers behind this because it is really frustrating to have a machine hangup during the game. 
Thanks for help and pls contact me for further feedback or help in the finding of the rootcause for this issue. 
PeetDNeet

Bullshock #5 Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3674 battles

After a week playtime, i can tell the crashes were caused by "SonicStudio" (Audio-Software).

Now it works perfect.

Before i removed SonicStudio, i installed:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2007-2017

DirectX 9

Edit:

Updated

Removed old fix

Removed SonicStudio (Mainboard driver/software from Asus ROG Rampage 5 Edition 10).

Edited by Bullshock, 06 January 2019 - 12:23 AM.

StevePatton #6 Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31551 battles
  • [-WOB] -WOB

Hi folks

I have updated my PC to a Ryzen 7 2700 and my graphics to Nvidia 1050 TI and a Asus Rog Strix x470 F. Without changing anything in Windows WOT crashes directly after starting the game. I have reinstalled the game but no succes. The same occurs.

I have submit a ticket to support and hope they can solve this

Steven

SuedKAT #7 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStevePatton, on 29 December 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Hi folks

I have updated my PC to a Ryzen 7 2700 and my graphics to Nvidia 1050 TI and a Asus Rog Strix x470 F. Without changing anything in Windows WOT crashes directly after starting the game. I have reinstalled the game but no succes. The same occurs.

I have submit a ticket to support and hope they can solve this

Steven

Did you update the MOBO, the GPU and the CPU without a fresh Windows install?

StevePatton #8 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31551 battles
  • [-WOB] -WOB

Yes, the only thing was that I had to activatie Windows with a new code/key

Should a fresh install solve this problem ?

Steven

SuedKAT #9 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Most of the time when you switch the GPU you won't need to freshly install windows, most of the time you just need to utilize DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller ( https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html ) to clean out the old drivers and install the new ones (recommended even if you switch between cards that utilize the same driver). If you switch the CPU but still utilize the same MOBO you most of the time get away with it being mostly hassle free, but I'd still do a fresh install just to eliminate the possibility that some old stuff (drivers, config files etc) is causing performance issues or at worse BSOD's. If you switch out the MOBO you might have have no issues what so ever, but it's quite common that a fresh install of Windows is required for it to work as it should. If I had switched all three I most certainly would reinstall Windows in an instant before using the system to avoid any issues that most of the time is really hard to troubleshoot since they are remnants of things that was used with the old hardware.

After the Windows install I would take a look so both the MOBO and the GPU have the latest BIOS, a quick look at the MOBO showed me that there are quite a few drivers that have been released quite recently as well as a BIOS that's very recent: https://www.asus.com...pDesk_Download/

After that I would have a look so the Chipset drivers are up to date, as well as have a general look at the system and update all other drivers, personally since I use multiple systems and OS both at home and at work I utilize Snappy Driver Installer ( https://sdi-tool.org/ ) to save time. I've downloaded the lite version and just the indexes to tell me what I'm missing rather than every driver possible, so when I got a driver that's out of date it looks like this (the popup info appear when you hover the mouse over the driver):

You can create a restore point and download the driver straight from there or just use it as a pointer to what drivers your missing and go to the official sites and get them there instead depending on what you prefer. 

StevePatton #10 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31551 battles
  • [-WOB] -WOB

Hi

I have made a fresh install of  W10 and reinstalled WOT but stil the same

It seems that there is a problem with direct x while it gives at the start from the program ad error related to direct x (see attachment)

I have reported this and hope this can be solved.

Attached Files

• Attached File   WOT 2019-01-02 12_09_55-Window.png   39.17K

StevePatton #11 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31551 battles
  • [-WOB] -WOB

Resolved

I had to install direct X 9 seperately and it works. WoW

Thanks

Steven

SuedKAT #12 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:16 PM