Tracks off tracks on karate kid reflexes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Strappster #1 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Apologies for starting a new thread with a similar title to a recent one but for some reason, that thread is no longer appearing when I search the forum or look under that OP's created topics. :confused:

Anyway, here's the end-plate from one of my recent battles.

You can clearly see that I tracked the IS-M. That was an auto-aimed shot as I rushed him because he was the last remaining enemy. Watching back the replay, our Lorraine 40t puts in the killing shot in the same second that I tracked him. Exactly the same second and definitely after my tracking shot. But I didn't get any assist damage. :unsure:

I contacted the player and all he had to say was that he's not using any mods. So ... excellent reflexes and I should invest in tinfoil millinery or something else:sceptic:

Homer_J #2 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sounds like a case of server says no.

What you see and what the server sees are never exactly the same and the server's version always over rules yours.

Were you credited with tracking him, and was that the only time you tracked him?

Edited by Homer_J, 10 February 2018 - 01:30 PM.

Strappster #3 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 10 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Sounds like a case of server says no.

What you see and what the server sees are never exactly the same and the server's version always over rules yours.

Were you credited with tracking him, and was that the only time you tracked him?

If the image I posted showing that I'd tracked him doesn't display for you, click through to the replay and you'll see that I've been credited with a critical hit. I saw the critical notification in game and thought it must have been an orange hit because I didn't get any assist damage when the Lorraine finished him but the results screen, which I posted above, shows it's red.

If someone else had also tracked him at exactly the same moment, we'd have shared the assist.

Besides, he eventually replied to my PM after the battle claiming he'd hit 5-5 to repair them himself ... while being rushed by nearly all the remaining members of our team and as he was trying to aim at another tank, which can be seen in the replay. Hence my question - I'm not calling it anything (although I accept there's a heavy implication by creating the thread) but I want to be fair-minded and afford him the benefit of the doubt, so I'm asking if anyone else considers it unlikely that someone can react that quickly to being tracked.

Homer_J #4 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStrappster, on 10 February 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

If the image I posted showing that I'd tracked him doesn't display for you, click through to the replay and you'll see that I've been credited with a critical hit. 

If it's on one of the popular image hosting sites they are blocked at work so I didn't even know it was there.

As for the replay page it only shows a critical, it doesn't break it down into specific modules like the in game report does.

Anyway, back to my original theory, it didn't happen quite as you saw it.  There's lots of scope for minute delays as the server bounces messages between clients.  And hitting 5-5 doesn't take that long, especially if you are half expecting it to happen.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 February 2018 - 01:57 PM.

Strappster #5 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 10 February 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

If it's on one of the popular image hosting sites they are blocked at work so I didn't even know it was there.

As for the replay page it only shows a critical, it doesn't break it down into specific modules like the in game report does.

Anyway, back to my original theory, it didn't happen quite as you saw it.  There's lots of scope for minute delays as the server bounces messages between clients.  And hitting 5-5 doesn't take that long, especially if you are half expecting it to happen.

Maybe you should wait until you're able to watch the replay before making judgements. I came from behind a ridge so he didn't know I was there until I popped up behind him. Watching the replay at full speed or at 1/16th speed clearly shows that I tracked him before the Lorraine hit him ... and if you think about it, I must have hit him before the Lorraine did because the Lorraine's shot was the last shot of the battle, as I described in the opening post.

K_A #6 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
After watching the replay, I think the tracks on the other side of the IS-M were blown off just before you blew them from your side, so the tracking assistance went to the guy who tracked him in place the first.

Homer_J #7 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStrappster, on 10 February 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Maybe you should wait until you're able to watch the replay before making judgements.

The replay will only show what you saw.

We need both replays, and ideally a server side replay as well.  And as far as I know server side replays don't exist.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Server might have not gotten the memo yet. 

MeetriX #9 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles

Could that be another WG feature?

When I die by double tap, my hit log shows that the kill shot is the 2nd last hit. 

Lord_Edge #10 Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View PostK_A, on 10 February 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

After watching the replay, I think the tracks on the other side of the IS-M were blown off just before you blew them from your side, so the tracking assistance went to the guy who tracked him in place the first.

This is correct, the IS-M gets tracked by a shot from the OP's right as the OP crests the ridge then the OP blows his other track off.  If you use the down arrow to slow the replay you can clearly see the other track hanging off as the OP approaches and takes aim.

Edited by Lord_Edge, 10 February 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Strappster #11 Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Thanks guys, just a coincidence of timing and me leaping to the wrong conclusion. I'll be off for my tinfoil hat fitting now.

I'll ask a mod to close the thread; no need to leave this one dangling.

VsUK #12 Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I see this often, especially with lights. I remember tracking a T100 LT at full speed & it repaired its tracks before it even came to a stop. No one's that quick on the repair function, regardless to what they claim. 

Strappster #13 Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVsUK, on 10 February 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

I see this often, especially with lights. I remember tracking a T100 LT at full speed & it repaired its tracks before it even came to a stop. No one's that quick on the repair function, regardless to what they claim. 

You might want to try reading the thread, especially the bits where people point out something I missed and I realise I've been an oaf. I've already apologised to the guy in-game, there's nothing more to add, especially from those players who want there to be conflict over mods because of their history. You are one reason I asked for this thread to be closed but you got in before the mods.

Jahrakajin #14 Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

inb4 another 10 pages of Off Topic and flaming.

Closed on request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users