Valentine II?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

SpartanmarkV #1 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7980 battles
So i just got my 8th token and i havent gotten the Valentine II are we supposed to get it as soon we get 8 tokens or are we gonna get them on the 14th?

Spitfire_729_squad #2 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31875 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
Yep got my 8th token too - I guess it's the 14th then - I love that there is no info on this!

PowJay #3 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

View PostSpitfire_729_squad, on 11 February 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Yep got my 8th token too - I guess it's the 14th then - I love that there is no info on this!

There is. On the main page it says to log in from the 14th to the 19th to claim it.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/valentine-mini-marathon/

Edited by PowJay, 11 February 2018 - 09:42 AM.

SpartanmarkV #4 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7980 battles

View PostPowJay, on 11 February 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

There is. On the main page it says to log in from the 14th to the 19th to claim it.

thx

Joggaman #5 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23973 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpartanmarkV, on 11 February 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

So i just got my 8th token and i havent gotten the Valentine II are we supposed to get it as soon we get 8 tokens or are we gonna get them on the 14th?

View PostSpitfire_729_squad, on 11 February 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

no info pfft :sceptic:

Someone have epic ninja skills:P

Edited by Joggaman, 11 February 2018 - 09:45 AM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpitfire_729_squad, on 11 February 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

No info apart from.

If you complete the mission, you need to log in between 14 February at 06:00 and 19 February at 06:00 CET (UTC+1), so the main prize will be credited to your account. Should you already own the Valentine II, you will receive 200,000 instead of the tank.

On this page - https://worldoftanks...-mini-marathon/

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostSpartanmarkV, on 11 February 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Well as you collected the 8th token and did not yet receive it, I guess you could have answered that question yourself already. And of course you could have simply read about the special. But no, why bother when you can just create a thread here right? It just warms my heart (yes I have one) to see all these pointless threads opened on a daily basis in Gameplay pushing those few actually interesting and useful threads away from the first page... Coincidentally, you generally never see any of those creating these pointless threads posting anything of value in such interesting threads.

General rule of thumb; Don't Google (or other search engine), don't check portal/main page, don't use the Search function, don't invest any time and energy in finding the answer, just create thread.

SpartanmarkV #8 Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7980 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 February 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Well as you collected the 8th token and did not yet receive it, I guess you could have answered that question yourself already. And of course you could have simply read about the special. But no, why bother when you can just create a thread here right? It just warms my heart (yes I have one) to see all these pointless threads opened on a daily basis in Gameplay pushing those few actually interesting and useful threads away from the first page... Coincidentally, you generally never see any of those creating these pointless threads posting anything of value in such interesting threads.

General rule of thumb; Don't Google (or other search engine), don't check portal/main page, don't use the Search function, don't invest any time and energy in finding the answer, just create thread.

you see you missed a few points

1. We are talking about WG here

2. Im to lazy

3. so what if i want to create a thread? Are you going to stop me?

PowJay #9 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 February 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Interesting and useful threads? :unsure:

Killtech #10 Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29679 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 February 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

to be fair google send me just to this thread since, well... since it couldn't possibly find the small print on the marathon page on the portal. and without such threads google would be of no use.

besides, in all prior instances such information could always be found in the client in the missions window where players can track their progress. it is the first time WG decided to remove it from there. yeah, i get it: it was always "play a battle" before and now that they changed it to "log in" it couldn't be implemented as a mission to show in the missions window. still, technical reasons or not, it's a screw-up on their part. other than that it's not like there were never any issues/bugs with the missions in which case the forums are the best source of info in my experience. besides, i forgot there was a announcement of the portal i and don't check it regularly like most players don't.

Edited by Killtech, 11 February 2018 - 06:30 PM.

PowJay #11 Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

View PostKilltech, on 11 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

to be fair google send me just to this thread since, well... it couldn't possible find the small print on the marathon page on the portal. and without such threads google would be of no use.

besides, in all prior instances such information could always be found in the client in the missions window where players can track their progress. it is the first time WG decided to remove it from there. yeah, i get it: it was always "play a battle" before and now that they changed it to "log in" it couldn't be implemented as a mission to show in the missions window. still, it their screw-up. other than that it's not like there were never any issues/bugs with the missions in which case the forums are the best source of info in my experience. besides, i forgot there was a announcement of the portal i and don't check it regularly like most players don't.

To be fair, the term "world of tanks valentine 2" in Google UK gave me the mini-marathon event as the third result.

This thread was in the second set of results. Please note that if this thread has not been created- IT WOULD NOT BE IN THE RESULTS. ;)

Killtech #12 Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29679 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostPowJay, on 11 February 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

To be fair, the term "world of tanks valentine 2" in Google UK gave me the mini-marathon event as the third result.

This thread was in the second set of results. Please note that if this thread has not been created- IT WOULD NOT BE IN THE RESULTS. ;)

since i assumed others will have the same problem not getting the rewards i filtered to only stuff from today making this the first result. since i couldn't find the info it in the client (which is a bug non the less) i didn't assume to find it on any official page (you don't find information on bugs there) so i didn't even bother to check. 

SpartanmarkV #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7980 battles

View PostPowJay, on 11 February 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I googled "world of tanks valentine II" and havent gotten the Mini marathon in the 3 pages i looked through

Frostilicus #14 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostSpartanmarkV, on 11 February 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

you see you missed a few points

1. We are talking about WG here

2. Im to lazy

3. so what if i want to create a thread? Are you going to stop me?

This is what makes me laugh, can't be bothered to read the portal page, but blames WG for his own failings...

Create threads all you like, just be prepared for a "warm" reception :)

Lomion_EU #15 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35840 battles
  • [CSW] CSW
or check the news section on this here forum general announcements section

Baldrickk #16 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30124 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostFrostilicus, on 12 February 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

This is what makes me laugh, can't be bothered to read the portal page, but blames WG for his own failings...

I get your point, but the fact that this information is not availiable in the in game mission interface dedicated to... you know, telling you what the missions are is a bit damning too, isn't it?

I mean, it's not that long ago that they redesigned the mission interface to "make it better" yet the old interface could have told us this information (could easilly have been in the upcoming missions tab, and the current mission set could have linked to it) but instead, that information is no longer there.  It could have been in the information panel for the mission, but no, that can't actually tell us relavent information any more, as it's been cut down and can only show us if a particular tank that we have selected is allowed for the mission.

SpartanmarkV #17 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7980 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 12 February 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Failings? I dont think I can fail if I didnt even try to do it lol

iltimehmedov #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22234 battles
Guys, have you received your Valentine II tank? I had 10 tokens and yesterday I did not see it in my garage!!! Though, I saw I have reserves and premium time so not sure what is going on. Anyone else with this issue?

UrQuan #19 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19467 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postiltimehmedov, on 15 February 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Guys, have you received your Valentine II tank? I had 10 tokens and yesterday I did not see it in my garage!!! Though, I saw I have reserves and premium time so not sure what is going on. Anyone else with this issue?

It's in the garage. The announcement is just terribly worded. Says what you received, it just fails to mention you also got the Valentine II tank.

Ceeb #20 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30252 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostSpartanmarkV, on 11 February 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

​Got mine yesterday, Made zero effort or even concentrated on the missions.  getting it was a complete surprise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users