spend my orders?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

Guys, I can use some advice;

I'm thinking of spending 4 orders to complete SPG-15 for the HTC. This mission (the arty gameplay in general) is frustrating me alot. I started with arty to get the 4 orders from the SPG-15 STUG back, which I 'spend' prior to the change. I've done that about a month ago, and I've finished 1-14 for HTC relatively easy... (some credits, etc.) I know I can make mission 15 (1500 stun + top 3 on XP for primary conditions) if I just have a game where everything goes my way. As I don't need honours, one/two good stuns with some high alpha assistance should make the stun requirement. A steamroll loss would give me good chance to be in top 3.... but I'm tired of waiting for this game. All the city maps, all the top tier games... Currently I'm using tier 7 Lorr. 155 50, I set a goal to at least reach the tier 8 and try that one for a couple of games before quitting, but it's really annoying me to spend my free time with a game mode I don't like. I'm now at 17k XP, with about 92k XP required for the tier 8.

Currently I have 9 orders, finished all STUG missions with honours, and LT/HT/TD from HTC with honours, finished MT-15 only primary (and received the 1 compensation order). After looking at the T55 mission requirements I'm almost certain I will not be able to get that tank in the coming 5 years. Alot of missions seem frustrating which I have no interest in now. So, why not make it easy, spend the 4 orders, get the HTC and be done with arty? It seems weak, it seems a waste, but still...

Any suggestions? How did you guys experience the difference in difficulty for the HTC and T55 missions?

Sfinski #2 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30928 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
I wouldn't use them until 260, or T55A if that is as far as you can get. HTC is not worth keeping. 

divsmo #3 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31931 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I got through them without too much problem as i did the same and only really play arty for orders. I did most of the t28 arty missions in the tier 9 british but they can be rng/map dependant like you say.
You can always spend the orders to get the tank and then just set it to improve so you get them back if you have no intention of actively trying to get the t55a, that's what a few guys in my clan have done. Don't stress about it too much though as unless you're top tier and on a city map the HTC isn't great :P

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

Well, I've set it as a goal to get the HTC, and I have trouble not trying for the missions, but on the other hand the missions are annoying me and taking away the fun from the game. The HTC itself seems an interesting addition to my garage but is not directly the main goal.

I know that if I spend these orders, I will never get them back, as finishing the mission with honours afterwards (+ win + 1500 dmg) is much more difficult (and I will not play arty anymore anyway). But spending the orders to get the mission done doesn't feel as an accomplishment, while initially I didn't even intended to try the SPG missions at all...

Would you guys think an average player such as myself (50% WR, 900 WN8) is able to get the T55a at all? The LT and HT missions were quite easy up till now, but the 12k combined damage for HT will probably be impossible with my T110E5. LT should be OK, TD I have no real interest in the 'do dmg / kills while remaining unspotted' missions.

divsmo #5 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31931 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I've seen worse players with the t55a but it's normally because of the sheer number of games they've played (throw enough sh*t at the wall and somethings gona stick sooner or later) the spg 15 for the htc is doable with honours if you want to improve it, you'll just need a higher tier game (+2) or wait until you have your tier 8 arty, no idea how good the french arty is though as it's not a line i have played or plan to.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27512 battles
Spend the orders if it'll get you the HTC, especially if it's something that interests you, as it'll allow you to skip onto the T55 missions which if nothing else will be a good source of credits and goodies. You have literally nothing to lose as you can always go back and re-trythe HTC missions in the future to free up your used orders again.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

Thanks for the advice guys

Jumping_TurtIe #8 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6090 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you have 9 orders and really struggling with the arty mission than just spend them. You have 5 left to use on the T55a if that gives you trouble at the end and perhaps get a few more if you do some of those with honors.

The rewards for the T55a missions 1/14 are really nice, so you can start doingn them at once. and when you are really stuck in the end, you an always try to do those arty missions once more.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

seems quite unanimously 'spend and you can get them back later'.

As for the second question, do you guys think I have a shot at T55a (maybe in some time, will just activate the missions and not bother with them for at least half a year)

Jumping_TurtIe #10 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6090 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 11 February 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

As for the second question, do you guys think I have a shot at T55a (maybe in some time, will just activate the missions and not bother with them for at least half a year)

Of course you have a shot at it. it basicly comes down to a few things.

Pick the right tank for the mission. Some missions are just easier on a lower tier and some are way easier on tier 10.

Getting the right map. This will take some time perhaps but in the end on the right map everything is possible.

Do platoons to make the enemies team in your favor. If you need to damage td's in a med, toon up with two td's to get at least some td's on the enemy team.

Time, mission can take a lot of time, the more you have the better you do.

Luck, sometimes you just need luck.

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 11 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

Of course you have a shot at it. it basicly comes down to a few things.

Pick the right tank for the mission. Some missions are just easier on a lower tier and some are way easier on tier 10.

Getting the right map. This will take some time perhaps but in the end on the right map everything is possible.

Do platoons to make the enemies team in your favor. If you need to damage td's in a med, toon up with two td's to get at least some td's on the enemy team.

Time, mission can take a lot of time, the more you have the better you do.

Luck, sometimes you just need luck.

Thanks, guess I already knew this, as this is exactly what's frustrating me right now... I will spend the orders, don't bother with missions anymore and enjoy the game.

Jumping_TurtIe #12 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6090 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 11 February 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Thanks, guess I already knew this, as this is exactly what's frustrating me right now... I will spend the orders, don't bother with missions anymore and enjoy the game.

Thats what I do also on this acount. Am also working towards the T55a here (got the 260 on my other acount). Did the real easy ones at the start and now just have them activated and sometimes I get one done. But am not really playing for it again, since that wasnt much fun at all at the other acount.

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

tried a few more times, didn't even get close. So yeah:

Spoiler
shot_058.jpg

PowJay #14 Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34928 battles

I feel that the requirements for some of the missions are very MM and RNG dependent. You can play and play and play, but if the right target doesn't come your way at the right time, you can't complete the mission.

One of THE worst was the requirement to do a quantity of damage to TDs ONE TIER HIGHER. This was next to impossible in many games as the HP wasn't even there to begin with, and if it was, you would have to focus on the TDs to the detriment of sensible gameplay to get it. I finally got this (MT-15 for T55a) once WG changed the tier requirement, however.

Other missions are difficult, but they are doable with some persistence. Some are easy enough with any tier, but become an absolute doddle if you have higher tier vehicles/battles. Spotting X amount of HP in a battle is tricky at tier IV and V, but a piece of cake at tier IX and X. The same goes for all of the first two campaign missions requiring you to do a certain amount of damage or spot or stun.

Without looking at your tank line-up, you could use the orders now, continue to play for as many T-55a missions as you can get, if/when you have higher tier vehicles go back to the T28 HTC missions and get those orders back.

I have recently used orders to complete the T-55a missions. I have looked at the Object missions and believe that I have just about no chance to complete that campaign. As such, I am going back to the first two vehicles. I now have the StuG IV missions ALL complete with honours, and I am working on a few missing ones for the T28 HTC. They are not easy, but they are doable. Once I have got them all complete with Honours, I'll go back to the T-55a and also try the Object 907 missions.

If you don't think that you can get the T28 HTC any other way (for the time being) then what have you got to lose? If you are not going to complete the T28 HTC missions, then you sure as hell are not going to be looking to obtain the T-55a any time soon. Just complete the T28 HTC and start those T-55a missions that you can do. Credits, consumables and Free XP are all worth the effort even if you never get the tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users