fairness in WOT, rich people privileges and p2w issue (suggestion)

suggestion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ignasijus #1 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9021 battles
  • [US_LT] US_LT

hello tankers, 

this is literally my first time being on forums and i'll use this chance to express my opinion on one of the most relevant and controversial matter in world of tanks, which is that WOT is a completely p2w game at the moment and maybe give a few suggestions on improving the current situation. so if you have nothing better to do, take time to read through what i have in mind.

current situation.

the current situation in WOT concerning the p2w issue and fairness is plain and simple - if you have money in real life, skill in the game doesn't matter, if you don't - well too bad for you buddy. i want to stress that this is not the matter of how well you'd play the game but instead, how fast you could unlock certain tanks, after that purchasing them, train crew skills (using free experience) and getting an advantage over disadvantaged people purchasing premium vehicles (which can earn you 50% more credits every battle and are excellent crew trainers), not to mention the advantages of having a premium account.

That being said, i do understand that WOT does need to make an income for the company in order to sustain the game, so i won't be suggesting that, that part of the game would be removed completely, only gonna suggest slight adjustments to the system so that playing the game would be more appealing for inexperienced players (such as me), and for people who can't afford to spend real life money on a game (also such as me)

And yes, i do know that there are other ways to get gold besides just donating for it, but the most sufficient way of getting it is being part of a clan and is dedicated for good players, the point of this thread is making the game more fair to regular and dedicated players who don't want to sacrifice real life currency for it.

suggestions.

ok, so in making the game better we need to take into consideration a few things: the fact that world of tanks still needs to make money, the fact that this problem mostly concerns not experienced players but the lower groups of the game, that the features that get added wouldn't be overpowered and discourage players from donating.

I'd like to suggest a separate game mode, which would  be allowed only for tanks which are tier 6 and higher (to prevent seal clubbing), in which you would have to sacrifice a certain amount of credits to enter (the amount of credits would have to at least be decent, to prevent devaluation of gold). in this battle mode only the top 10 players by experience earned would earn the gold reward, while the bottom 5 would get a portion of credits they sacrificed back. make no mistake, playing this game mode would still be a privilege not all players would have, because the amount of credits you'd have to sacrifice would be quite big. everything else about the game mode would be the same as a random battle.

conclusion.

I do not know if war gaming even pays attention to any suggestions made nor if forums is the place to post them. as long as people see it and discuss the topic it's fine by me.

thank you for reading this.

Edited by ignasijus, 11 February 2018 - 09:40 PM.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The game has a few obvious p2w aspects, but that's it. Claiming it to be "completely p2w" is nonsense. You can buy OP premium tanks, train crews faster and also make your general progress faster, but all your money doesn't help if you are bad at the game.

Besides that, I have no idea how the suggestions you present have anything to do with the problems you explain...

Balc0ra #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postignasijus, on 11 February 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

current situation.

the current situation in WOT concerning the p2w issue and fairness is plain and simple - if you have money in real life, skill in the game doesn't matter, if you don't - well too bad for you buddy. i want to stress that this is not the matter of how well you'd play the game but instead, how fast you could unlock certain tanks, after that purchasing them, train crew skills (using free experience) and getting an advantage over disadvantaged people purchasing premium vehicles (which can earn you 50% more credits every battle and are excellent crew trainers), not to mention the advantages of having a premium account

So what you are saying is that buying a premium tank is enough to win? Regardless of your skill level vs the enemy tank's skill level? If it was that easy, then new accounts would not fall into the tier 8 premium trap and have a 38% WR with 1 average shot of damage pr game. But it might seem like it if you don't know how to counter most premiums. Like say the Defender. I would not call that tank pay 2 win even. Just extremely forgiving. If the player is bad, the tank won't carry him regardless of how much he spends. Even less so if you can't pen anything you face since you don't know where to aim on anything. And pressing 2 with gold ammo won't fix anything if you spam HEAT on spaced armor since you don't know how the game works. So I would not say it's that easy.

And you are also suggesting that rushing tiers with a premium tank and premium time is ideal to? Half the game is knowing the maps, game mechanics and knowing the enemy tanks strengths and weaknesses. If you don't know any of that. Just rushed tiers and bought your way up in a tank you can't use. I is as far from pay 2 win as you can get. Rushing tiers for most is not advised anyway. And getting less XP vs most might seem bad. But for most is not the worst either. As it forces them to stay on one tier for longer. Learning more before they buy their first tier 8 and face their first tier X tanks. So getting more XP to tier up faster is far from ideal for most early on.

But as for a free player getting less XP? Why do you think they added Personal reserves? I've never bought a single one. But there are so many missions for them now and then, that they stack up fast. I have over 60 units of 2 hours of 100% extra XP. Works great for my Chinese TD I'm grinding now with the new year bonus. 3x for each win, and the 100% extra from personal reserves. I get 3 to 4000 XP pr win. Non premium. That's the stuff you gotta look for and exploit if you don't want to spend money.

Sure a free player spends more time grinding tanks, spend more time grinding credits. But considering how many free tank events there have been of late. Most are better off then they would be. Not to long ago, they gave out over 200 000 T-38-85M's and 60 000 Heavy tank no 6 premiums via short missions The T-34-85M was rather easy to get over 10 days. So keep an eye out for stuff like that if you want more income. I have 12 tier 8 premiums. Only bought 2 of them "Lowe and T34". 3 I've won via CC contests, or even via a forum contest. The rest I've gotten for free from WG via missions or events like the IS-6, T26E4, WZ-111, T95E2 etc. And income is "difficult" for a reason. Not just for WG to make money. But to spread the population. If it was easier to get income, or you could play anything but randoms to get more. Why play mid tiers in randoms? Just so you could rush the tiers faster and stay on tier X? Part of it is actually to get most to play tier 6 tanks etc more for income to maintain their high tiers etc. So that not 90% of the server is on tier X.

ignasijus #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9021 battles
  • [US_LT] US_LT

I want to repeat myself. my whole thread is not a matter of the advantages you'd get on the battlefield spending real life cash but how quick you could beat free to play players to certain goals.

@balc0ra, i can see you have played almost 60k games right now, so getting premiums during contests or earning experience even playing f2p would be a problem for you, my suggestion is meant for players who have those 40% win ratios. And what i'm suggesting wouldn't be game breaking - you'd sacrifice a MUCH larger amount of one currency for an insignificant amount of other, which could over time would buy your preferred decent credit maker. the point is that even disadvantaged people could have the currency, even if it's not that much, that was only meant for people who are able to sacrifice real life money for in game money

K_A #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postignasijus, on 12 February 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

I want to repeat myself. my whole thread is not a matter of the advantages you'd get on the battlefield spending real life cash but how quick you could beat free to play players to certain goals.

Pay to advance is not the same as pay to win. You're bundling them up in the same category when they are in fact two completely different things.

If anything, if someone just blasts straight to tier 10 by using premium account and converting a lot of XP, he'll have advanced faster, but he hasn't gotten enough experience (not talking about XP, but actual gameplay experience and "skill" ) in the high tiers. Compare this to someone who has slowly grinded his way up with no rush, this guy will have more battles on his belt and likely has been able to learn more about each tier as he has played more battles on each tier on the way up. In this sense, the free to play player has an advantage.

Edited by K_A, 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postignasijus, on 12 February 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

@balc0ra, i can see you have played almost 60k games right now, so getting premiums during contests or earning experience even playing f2p would be a problem for you, my suggestion is meant for players who have those 40% win ratios.

And thus why I did mention the T-35-85M and Ht no 6. As those you got for simple things as winning 5 matches, or just playing 5 matches a day for 10 days. Thus why their population did increase by over 200 000 after the event. As even "bad" players had a chance to get them. And for awhile tier 6 MM was kinda broken, as it had 5-7 T-34-85M's on each team since everyone now suddenly had a premium. So that's why I said.. keep an eye out for such events. Mid tier marathons are way easier vs a tier 8 one. Tier 8 is about dedication, not skill either. As the worse you are, the longer it takes. As those needed 100 or 150K damage in each nation. So if you are a 40% player with tier 4 to 6 guns in most nations. It's not an easy task, even if you are a 55% player with those tiers in 4 weeks. Vs a 40% player with tier X's in all nations that can farm damage a bit easier.

And as I said, rushing tiers is as much as an disadvantage as lacking income. For it to go slower is actually beneficial for some. Even more so if they have a 40% WR. As they are not gonna make more money in their tier 8 premium doing 200 damage each game. Then you in your normal tier 6 med farming credits with 1 to 2000 damage pr game will earn more. As most do. And again.. personal reserves were made and given for free now and then for a reason to. To iron out those disadvantages.

And what i'm suggesting wouldn't be game breaking - you'd sacrifice a MUCH larger amount of one currency for an insignificant amount of other, which could over time would buy your preferred decent credit maker. the point is that even disadvantaged people could have the currency, even if it's not that much, that was only meant for people who are able to sacrifice real life money for in game money

How much is not that much? Damage = credits. And if you can't deal the damage, you won't get the credits either. Then all the premium tanks in the game would not help much. And that was kinda what my first argument was aimed at. If you are a free 2 play player that is some what competent. Playing a tier 6-7 med or light for income is what most do. Free players only get one disadvantage, everything goes slower. Depending on their skill ofc, as the better they are, the better they will do, the more credits and XP they will earn ofc. But as Marky Mark said in Shooter. Slow is smooth, & smooth is fast. And if some players went faster, and got higher tier tanks faster due to more income and xp etc vs now. They would learn less going as along as they spend less time on each tier. And the skill level goes up vs tier, and they can't keep up.

I have 2 friends that play 100% free. They found 2-3 tier 6 meds and lights they loved and enjoyed playing. So grinding credits was less of a chore. And they have 2 to 400 games in them. Unless you are in a rush to get to tier X, then ofc I see might see your points. But still. There is a fine balance that needs to be maintained. Not just on income alone. But on several aspects. Population, skill level vs tiers, income vs progress, and income vs tiers. As if just enough helps a bad player at 40% earn more. What do you think it will do for a good player that can dish out the damage? As then you don't have a premium advantage, you have a skill advantage. And the good free 2 play player makes way more now playing free vs the bad player. So then you are back at step one again if you will of your argument for a 40% player.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 February 2018 - 03:35 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7266 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

"Rich people"?

Excuse me, but afaik, anyone with a job can afford to have premium time and/or premium tanks as long as they're smart enough to buy them on discount.

The "year long" premium time thingy is on sale several times a year at 15% discount, and you can also get a coupon of up to 30% simply for having played the game long enough, or for other reasons. If you can save as much as €1,50-€2,00 a week (if even that much) you can buy that year-long premium time thingy every year. If you're truly unable to save even that much on a weekly basis, then I do wonder what the rest of your finances look like; probably in dire need of sorting out.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 12 February 2018 - 06:45 PM.

Also tagged with suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users