• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #21 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13891 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G

BRU!

It's not WG's problem, the servers work as intended. 

Here's what you can do;

• Turn Off then On your computer, then On and Off again.
  • Turn Off for 10 seconds your room's light(s) then On again.
  • Turn Off your modem/router then after 15 seconds turn it On.
  • Delete your Windows System32 folder.
  • Git Goud!
  • Aks your mother dust off your connection, dust can cause lag...I think so.
  • There is a -25% RNG chance that the server will pick specifically you and lag you intentionally for the duration of the match. Also there +25% chance that you won't lag either (but the soft stats are terrible so don't count).
  • Also there is a 4% chance that the server will pick you and lag you for the duration of the day till the servers restart.
  • If you have a premium time the server will shave off 10ms ping from your total ping. Do you have premium time?
  • Try drinking Vodka while you play, it gives stronker connection with priority lanes.

Jam_in_a_Tank #22 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14917 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
Umm lol wtf?! There are hundreds of people complaining about the specific matter, chill

Doozerr #23 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:09 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 75007 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 13 February 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

Umm lol wtf?! There are hundreds of people complaining about the specific matter, chill

As I said earlier, I am in the UK and have no problem. You are all on Sky and have a problem.... You need to contact Sky. There is no problem with the servers. 

Knight_Zao #24 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles

View PostDoozerr, on 13 February 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

As I said earlier, I am in the UK and have no problem. You are all on Sky and have a problem.... You need to contact Sky. There is no problem with the servers. 

So why when i do a ping tracer to google or yahoo its fine? Surely if it was a sky problem it would affect all of my internet connection and not just the one to wargaming servers. I play armoured warfare and have no issue with the internet connection.

Homer_J #25 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKnight_Zao, on 13 February 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Surely if it was a sky problem it would affect all of my internet connection and not just the one to wargaming servers.

Because all of the internet is kept in the same box? :amazed::rolleyes:

Knight_Zao #26 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

You are making no sense, and as ive seen from your previous posts you just post for the sake of it, so excuse me if i completely ignore you.

However, played a few games today and it seems ok this morning...so seems fixed.

I dont know where the problem was but as i said previously, i was playing other games and the connection was fine i.e if i was playing only armoured warfare i wouldnt have known there was a problem.....so unless its a sky piggy-backing to crappy servers and wargaming redirecting the signal through crappy servers i dont honestly know.

EltvilleTiger #27 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21130 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I submitted a ticket to WG yesterday because of the twitchy game play over the past few days.  I have packet loss only at the last two hops for both EU1 and EU2.  The game is annoying to play and the fun factor is gone... nothing left but the addiction!  Yes, I'm  a Sky customer.  If you know me from the tech forums, you know I've done a load of troubleshooting and such.  The packet loss from my view is at the last two hops.

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu122.png   703.82K

Homer_J #28 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKnight_Zao, on 13 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

You are making no sense, 

I'm making perfect sense.

Suggesting WoT should be fine because you have a good route to Google makes as much sense as saying I should have no delay on my Frankfurt flight because your Malaga flight left on time.

But if you don't want to fix your problems that doesn't bother me.

Conjugator #29 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18542 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
this forum nazi ^^ :;)

Sheriff__Woody #30 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18954 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
There was an issue similar to this with vodafone was fixed last week. Sky is possibly the same issue wg fixed it not vodafone they did have a post on twitter somewere

L_etranger #31 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42319 battles
  • [GGFR] GGFR

Sky this, sky that,

I live in France, internet provider is Orange and the game is unplayable since patch day.

Sky may have issues but this is something else entirely as it is not sky specific as I have multiple clanmates over here with the same problems

OreH75 #32 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47421 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostL_etranger, on 13 February 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Sky this, sky that,

I live in France, internet provider is Orange and the game is unplayable since patch day.

Sky may have issues but this is something else entirely as it is not sky specific as I have multiple clanmates over here with the same problems

So? I live in the Netherlands and never have lag problems...

L_etranger #33 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42319 battles
  • [GGFR] GGFR

View PostOreH75, on 13 February 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

So? I live in the Netherlands and never have lag problems...

And your point is ? I'm mearly pointing out that while the UK seems to be worst off the problem is more widely spread, if you don't have a problem then lucky you I suppose

SuedKAT #34 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostL_etranger, on 13 February 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

And your point is ? I'm mearly pointing out that while the UK seems to be worst off the problem is more widely spread, if you don't have a problem then lucky you I suppose

This is from this thread: http://forum.worldof...and-packet-loss

View Postmagnus417, on 12 February 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Both WOT EU1 in Germany and EU2 in the Netherlands are getting packet loss 3.9 and 3.7% respectively.  After it gets to 195.66.237.19 (Tower Hamlets LINX in London) It then bounces about before arriving at the two servers.  EU 1 goes to France first then onto Germany.  It has to be said the ping to London is rubbish at 30ms.  

This is broken and Sky are the problem.

​He never provided a pingplotter trace and neither did you so I have no idea if you utilize the same path or ISP or similar on your way to the servers, but it's possible.

Aikl #35 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25275 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEltvilleTiger, on 13 February 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

I submitted a ticket to WG yesterday because of the twitchy game play over the past few days.  I have packet loss only at the last two hops for both EU1 and EU2.  The game is annoying to play and the fun factor is gone... nothing left but the addiction!  Yes, I'm  a Sky customer.  If you know me from the tech forums, you know I've done a load of troubleshooting and such.  The packet loss from my view is at the last two hops.

I'm not an expert on the matter, but this looks like the second-last node is overloaded. It's simple, really, as the packet loss shown from the login server (the final node) is lower than the second-last. Nodes tend to drop ping requests if they have too much traffic (or are configured to ignore 'ping spam';). Here, it likely causes some packet loss too, since most players report no problems towards the final node, but it shows packet loss still.

Not able/willing to guess much more on where the issue is, but most likely this problematic node is one of multiple 'feeding' the login/game servers. My trace is not the same, for instance.
he login/game servers themselves are OK, but the node you're on is not handling the load.

Ideally, you'd get more people on-board with proving the problem through Pingplotter reports. Get the attention of a staff member and create a topic for PP-reports only. That should be more effective than relying on multiple separate tickets. G-Core is the company running the WoT servers, and is basically a subsidiary of Wargaming. Alternatively contact G-Core themselves, though judging from their office locations (Minsk, Moscow, Perm) you might want to write in Russian.

Edit: It might be hard for some people to prove this issue if they also have other problems. Other PP-reports suggest ISP issues are relevant too. As previously noted, however, packet loss that doesn't show downstream might simply be a node that is configured to not prioritize (or even ignore) ping requests.

Edited by Aikl, 13 February 2018 - 08:41 PM.

SuedKAT #36 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKnight_Zao, on 13 February 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

You are making no sense, and as ive seen from your previous posts you just post for the sake of it, so excuse me if i completely ignore you.

However, played a few games today and it seems ok this morning...so seems fixed.

I dont know where the problem was but as i said previously, i was playing other games and the connection was fine i.e if i was playing only armoured warfare i wouldnt have known there was a problem.....so unless its a sky piggy-backing to crappy servers and wargaming redirecting the signal through crappy servers i dont honestly know.

He could have explained better what he meant sure, but he got a valid point. When you conduct a trace to an IP your data travel different paths through the worlds IT infrastructure depending on the target, on the way to one you can run into an overloaded node at the other you can run into an ISP that got issues with it's backbone, at a third you can run into issued due to peering agreements and similar agreements not being "good" and so on. 

You can think of it as a freeway, if you travel from A to B using freeway X everything might work great, but when you travel from A to C using freeway Z there is some roadwork an all of a sudden there's congestion and things get slowed down. 

SuedKAT #37 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 13 February 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I'm not an expert on the matter, but this looks like the second-last node is overloaded. It's simple, really, as the packet loss shown from the login server (the final node) is lower than the second-last. Nodes tend to drop ping requests if they have too much traffic (or are configured to ignore 'ping spam';). Here, it likely causes some packet loss too, since most players report no problems towards the final node, but it shows packet loss still.

Not able/willing to guess much more on where the issue is, but most likely this problematic node is one of multiple 'feeding' the login/game servers. My trace is not the same, for instance.
he login/game servers themselves are OK, but the node you're on is not handling the load.

Ideally, you'd get more people on-board with proving the problem through Pingplotter reports. Get the attention of a staff member and create a topic for PP-reports only. That should be more effective than relying on multiple separate tickets. G-Core is the company running the WoT servers, and is basically a subsidiary of Wargaming. Alternatively contact G-Core themselves, though judging from their office locations (Minsk, Moscow, Perm) you might want to write in Russian.

Edit: It might be hard for some people to prove this issue if they also have other problems. Other PP-reports suggest ISP issues are relevant too. As previously noted, however, packet loss that doesn't show downstream might simply be a node that is configured to not prioritize (or even ignore) ping requests.

Assuming he just installed Pingplotter he should have the Pro version on trail, then he should be able to click on one of the red areas in the timeline and then I suspect we'll see a completely different picture than the one provided now.

Sporting7 #38 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17364 battles
  • [PCTAC] PCTAC

Same probem here 

after updates and updates , it still ,   its frustrating ,.  bought   tanks for noghting ,  most of time at night its unplayable

Also tagged with server, lag, crap, typical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users