Jump to content


One tier difference is more than enough


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

TankerYogi #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

Playing 1.5 years in WoT. Nowadays the matchmaking makes me kinda pissed.
Who was the genius who thought that a 2 tier difference is necessary to enjoy the game?

Why is it even obvious that I have to face Vk100s, T44s, and Defenders in a Cromwell?
Or why do I have to play against a T29s and O-Nis in my KV1s? 
It's freaking unfair that I am a prey many times and has no chance to win in a one vs one situation - and not because I'm that bad... Of course, a smartass at WG can say that "Try to avoid those tanks", but for funks sakes... Do I really have to feel all the time during the game that I am almost useless in my tank? Or I have to play only with the most op ones to get some sense of achievement?
Why is it so important for WG to keep up the 2 tier diff mm? If I meet a 2 tier higher tank, I just try to track it, flank it (yeah, 1 outta 10 it works), or run. I don't spam gold in these situations.
I tell you what I want. I want to play only in +/-1 tier games because I want to see how I can play, and not the how WG is good at creating a Defenders front plate. (A +/-1 tier mm could also fix many issues of the game.) If you think the same way, let me know. Let WG know that the 2 tier diff mm is just a pain in the [edited]these days, and we want to enjoy the game, and not complaining about it all the time.

Blessings
B



Archaean #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14948 battles
  • 1,166
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostBl4ckd33, on 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

...

It's freaking unfair...

It's not unfair if everyone has the same odds to be bottom tier in a game.

 

And to be honest, +1/-1 will not fix your issues of being an average player. It's funny how you try to blame something else for being average instead of your own skill and competence.



Kirk_Helmet #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36156 battles
  • 315
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010

Wow, those players nowadays...

I get a feeling that some of you would like to be always a top tier playing on only those maps they chose themselves and maybe even banning one vehicle class they struggle playing against the most. That would be perfeclty comfortable if you don't learn from you mistakes, don't want to get any better but just want it easy all the time. 

 

In the past a tier 5 HT could meet tier 9 battle (who of you remember playing against tier 9 IS-4 with a tier 5 KV?) and less people were complaing on forums than now. Instead people were busy learning how they can be of use to the team as a bottom tier. And that is my advice for everyone.



Ubervold #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20449 battles
  • 547
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 12 February 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Wow, those players nowadays...

I get a feeling that some of you would like to be always a top tier playing on only those maps they chose themselves and maybe even banning one vehicle class they struggle playing against the most. That would be perfeclty comfortable if you don't learn from you mistakes, don't want to get any better but just want it easy all the time. 

 

In the past a tier 5 HT could meet tier 9 battle (who of you remember playing against tier 9 IS-4 with a tier 5 KV?) and less people were complaing on forums than now. Instead people were busy learning how they can be of use to the team as a bottom tier. And that is my advice for everyone.

 

So, should we ask ourselves, why were people ok with "learning how to be of use as a bottom tier" before but not now?

 

Could it be that there is a bigger gap in skill level between players now? If you are put in a team as bottom tier and your top tiers are useless you will not even have time to learn to be of use as a bottom tier?

Could it have something to do with the fact that more people have played more games now and because of that have less patience with being bottom tier in a game with useless top tier players?

 

I dont mind the +/-2 we have now. If it is a balanced game you can make a difference and have fun. Repeatedly being bottom tier and steamrolled by the enemy team is not even slightly amusing. Especially when you see even before the game starts that this will be a disaster so you try to go where the enemy top tier should not go. Just to realize that in this particular game the top tiers of the enemy team decides to go to the same spot you are... and back to the garage it is.



TankerYogi #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

View PostArchaean, on 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

It's not unfair if everyone has the same odds to be bottom tier in a game.

 

And to be honest, +1/-1 will not fix your issues of being an average player. It's funny how you try to blame something else for being average instead of your own skill and competence.

 

In +/-1 everyone can have the same odds too. The point is not about my skills. It's about the fact that I hate to be a prey for a 2 tier higher tank - so yes, the +/-1 will fix my issues. But I can understand you if you have all the tier 10 tanks in the game and you'll never ever grind a new line, so you just want some tier 8 tanks for your t10 predators... But we both know that you are not on that level, so tell me, why are you complaining about my skills and competence, instead of the possible effects of the +/-1 tier mm?

caminov8 #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9937 battles
  • 38
  • [BANL] BANL
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013
But you have to agree it's a thing of beauty when your 2 tier lower tank hit the side or rear of a big bad heavy tank 2 tiers higher. 

Old_Viking_DK #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9302 battles
  • 509
  • [H2VOC] H2VOC
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011
Lets get the old mm back that Kirk_Helmet did mention, just for a month so all will see how god it is with the mm spread we have now.

kisli #8 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33326 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

If you don't enjoy being cannon fodder 75% of the time this game is not for you.

You could rush to tier X and be an XP pinata for more experienced players. You'll also need to grind credits for premium ammo somewhere, and that means being fodder in tier 8 premium 75% of the time.

You could also buy credit packs and play tier X exclusively.



TankerYogi #9 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 12 February 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Wow, those players nowadays...

I get a feeling that some of you would like to be always a top tier playing on only those maps they chose themselves and maybe even banning one vehicle class they struggle playing against the most. That would be perfeclty comfortable if you don't learn from you mistakes, don't want to get any better but just want it easy all the time. 

 

In the past a tier 5 HT could meet tier 9 battle (who of you remember playing against tier 9 IS-4 with a tier 5 KV?) and less people were complaing on forums than now. Instead people were busy learning how they can be of use to the team as a bottom tier. And that is my advice for everyone.

 

People nowadays are the people you are playing with and against - get used to it. And yes, in the old times there were much less players (so a +4 tier mm was necessary to have enough players for a match), and you've recieved far more creds than these days. I saw videos about it. But now it is a completely different situation, we earn less creds for the battles, we have to face more experienced players and still, we have to face much stronger tanks. Learning how to be use of the team in bottom tier is something WG should care about, because the normal battles are amongst 15 individuals and not two teams. Noone will tell you what to do. WG doesn't teach you how to play in a light/med/heavy tank in different situations. So it's almost all about my decision if I want to learn more about how to play in bottom tier... but... I don't want that. I want a more equal game between the tanks of people nowadays.


Edited by Bl4ckd33, 12 February 2018 - 01:48 PM.


TankerYogi #10 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

View Postcaminov8, on 12 February 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

But you have to agree it's a thing of beauty when your 2 tier lower tank hit the side or rear of a big bad heavy tank 2 tiers higher. 

 

Well, I almost came... not.
I can tell you one thing. You see a VK45b and you are sitting in your stock T43. Okey, you flank it, hit it, has a highroll with a 180 dmg, but the VK turns on you, and hits you with a lowroll of 400. Was that a fair trade? If not, than how in the bloody hell can be this situation satisfying for the T43?

TankerYogi #11 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

View Postkisli, on 12 February 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

If you don't enjoy being cannon fodder 75% of the time this game is not for you.

You could rush to tier X and be an XP pinata for more experienced players. You'll also need to grind credits for premium ammo somewhere, and that means being fodder in tier 8 premium 75% of the time.

You could also buy credit packs and play tier X exclusively.

 

I understand that the easiest way is to shut the [edited]up and get used to the situation what we have these days in the game. But I'm not that kind. If you want to stay with the usual funked up mm, explaining yourself that this is good enough for you, okey. Do it! But please don't make me sad by your resignation. This game is not good enough for me, so I want to tell this to WG: One tier diff is more than enough.

Kirk_Helmet #12 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36156 battles
  • 315
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010

View PostBl4ckd33, on 12 February 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

 

People nowadays are the people you are playing with and against - get used to it. (...)

 

Why should or would I get used to the people I play with and against? It's them who need to get used to the game they play or stop playing it.

 

Or in other words: get used to the way WG develops their game cause you will have to in order to play WoT.  +/-1 MM is not going to happen because with only 1 tier spread more tanks would be able to penetrate more enemy tanks frontally and there is a small, but still, chance that eventually noobs would learn that they don't need to spam premium ammo all the time. Plus if people didn't face vehicles 2 tiers higher they would not feel so much urge to grind towards those top tiers to finally be on the top of the list in battle. Both those factors would cause them to earn more credits and need less premium time and vehicles and WG would not risk that.



soul3ater #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18480 battles
  • 574
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

imo tier 8's should never meet tier 10's, especially this super heavy current meta.

 

but to me it really makes no difference, when I am facing tier 10's in my tier 8's, I always try to support my tier 10's and that works out most of the time. you just gotta be smart about how you go on about facing higher tiers. my advice is to be annoying to them as much as possible. track, flank etc. 



kisli #14 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33326 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

View PostBl4ckd33, on 12 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

 

I understand that the easiest way is to shut the [edited]up and get used to the situation what we have these days in the game. But I'm not that kind. If you want to stay with the usual funked up mm, explaining yourself that this is good enough for you, okey. Do it! But please don't make me sad by your resignation. This game is not good enough for me, so I want to tell this to WG: One tier diff is more than enough.

 

We can all agree game is not as fun anymore (except for deluded apologists).

But WG decided their profits are more important than entertainment they are supposed to be providing.

There's plenty of other games out there, there is no need to subject ourselves to this much humiliation.



Palora #15 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 23433 battles
  • 415
  • [ROCOM] ROCOM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2010
FFS cut it out, 2 spread is fine, especially with 3-5-7. 
The problem is you, if you are going to the obvious spot where the enemy top tiers are it's your fault. If you are staying there after you see the enemy top tier than you are dumb and need to gtfo and learn how to play.
It's not like there are 10 tanks 2 tier higher than you everywhere anymore. There are plenty of tanks of your tier you can fight, plenty of tanks 1 tier higher you can get extra xp from and enough tier 10 that you can feel good about your self when you finish them off, if you don't suck at the game and arn't dead in the first 3 minutes.

 

Edited by Palora, 12 February 2018 - 01:48 PM.


SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15046 battles
  • 1,706
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Id agree with the +/- 1 MM but im not one to dwell on that and just accept what is given to me in battle and do what i can :)

Dru_UK #17 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6562 battles
  • 484
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

quit whining and start playing.

3/5/7 Top tier - do what you want (with in reason) but dot go alone - many top tier tanks can be swapped when isolated..

3/5/7 middle tier - if you are elited and packing gold, you can definitely help and win the battle.

3/5/7 bottom - if you try and hunt down +1 and +2 and play like an idiot - it's your fault. Assist the top tiers, heck even drive near to them and support them on reload. Sometimes plain old numbers of tanks are enough for an enemy flank to collapse as they are scared, worried and relocate.


 

5/10 - Top tier - again ,do anything with in reason.

5/10 - bottom tier - concentrate on the 10 tanks you are equal too, if you can harass and harry the other tanks - great. Don't forget its not your impact early on in the game that's important. Its your ability to be still alive near the death to help bring that extra eyes/ears/gun to the battle - or even cap out.


 

15 all one level - heck this is what you want - so do whatever you feel, but don't complain if you are crap.



Balc0ra #18 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62894 battles
  • 14,473
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBl4ckd33, on 12 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Why is it even obvious that I have to face Vk100s, T44s, and Defenders in a Cromwell?

 

There are only 3 of them. Do you rush up first and seek them out. And stay when you know they are coming? If so I can see why it's an issue. You usually have tier 8 meds etc to. Stay with them so you can help them take on the T-44. You can't solo much even in +1 in that tank in terms of other med's in a 1 on 1 anyway.

 

Then again, do you fancy facing the VK 100.01's 220mm weak spots, or the Defender, or the buffed hull down turret of the T-44 in your Comet with it's 148 pen when you get it? As then it would be 5 of them, not 3 of them. And if you can't deal with them with the 146 pen gun the Cromwell has. Why do you think it will be better one tier up?

 

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 February 2018 - 02:12 PM.


TankerYogi #19 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-19-2016

View PostPalora, on 12 February 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

FFS cut it out, 2 spread is fine, especially with 3-5-7. 
The problem is you, if you are going to the obvious spot where the enemy top tiers are it's your fault. If you are staying there after you see the enemy top tier than you are dumb and need to gtfo and learn how to play.
It's not like there are 10 tanks 2 tier higher than you everywhere anymore. There are plenty of tanks of your tier you can fight, plenty of tanks 1 tier higher you can get extra xp from and enough tier 10 that you can feel good about your self when you finish them off, if you don't suck at the game and arn't dead in the first 3 minutes.

 

 

You really believe what you say is completely true? "There are plenty of this plenty of that, more xp..." Are you working for WG? If yes, then tell them, that +/-1 tier is more than enough. You know why? Because I don't want to play in +/-2mm. I want to feel the strength of my tank and not the weakness. I'm not a unicum, nor a bluenicorn, so it took me 1.5 years to learn the basics. Because in the first year, most of the times I was lacking map awareness, didn't know the tanks either... So I had to see videos, which took so much time. I've died in my bottom tier tank so many times, and yes, it was because of my incompetence. That was the novelty act.

Now I have a tiny bit more routine. But when I have a bunch of new players on my team in their brand new t8 prem, no matter how hard I try, they will fail, and so the team will fail too. And there will be always new players... but I want to feel in situations like I have mentioned, that I can affect the game more positively, which is hard if you are teamed up with new players in a bottom tier battle. I want to enjoy this game so I really don't care about the more xp and the plenty of OP tanks. I want to play in not OP tanks and facing enemies I can penetrate with regular rounds and feel that I can do more for my team - even if I'm teamed up with noobs and I'm bottom tier.


Edited by Bl4ckd33, 12 February 2018 - 02:14 PM.


Stat_Padder #20 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37084 battles
  • 542
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostBl4ckd33, on 12 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

It's freaking unfair that I am a prey many times and has no chance to win in a one vs one situation - and not because I'm that bad... Of course, a smartass at WG can say that "Try to avoid those tanks", but for funks sakes... 

 

Everyone has the same MM its the same game we are all playing, again another 40% player complaining.. Lets get an EU3 for all 40% players so they can have -2 MM :teethhappy:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users