The view of the Gnome Overlord of the Saltmines, from a long term subscriber's eyes

The Mighty Jingles

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Marybanks #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Not sure this will be seen now. But never the less, the day's episode of "Mingles with Jingles" have brought me inspiration to give my view of a known, fame and rather popular Gnome Overlord of the Saltmines.

The Mighty Jingles, is born in the UK, 10th of March 1970. (Then you're all welcome to calculate his age from this).

He is a plain, down-to-earth British citizen, popular, and famous all over the world, for his charactaristic voice, heard in average 6 days of the week, through most of the year. He is NOT snobby, arogant, selfish or mean. All he has got, is his honesty. Which doesn't change the slightest, whether his videos are sponsored or not. Amongst Jingles' videos are the ones, which brought him the fame, world of tanks, and then later, world of warships ones the best known. But his content is wider than that. And his gaming horizon is wide, as he regularly tries out new games, where subnautica is the latest one.

Jingles only tries to sort relevant stuff, from nonsense. 
And as a YouTube subscriber, with a broken confidence in some aspects, it is just not easy being one out of a whole lots of people, standing on one another's toes just to get his attention. He is a big name, on YouTube, and as yours truely, recalls, there was one time, where he got recognized in his local area as well. 

His openminded, honest and down-to-earth appearence, that shines through in his videos and streams, invites, at least me, to seek his friendship.
Of other things, I at least would bring out to him, if I could somehow:

- I would tell a bit more background of his little generous private ship-provider, from the Netherlands

- I would let him know, how I use some of his videos, from series of "The good, the bad and the ugly", and other world of tanks related videos, showing a point, which has an all-time relevance

And then of course it is a dream for me to play those wargaming games with him, preferably tanks in platoons, but I also acknowledge and face, that tankers in the game, in previous times, have ruined his joy of playing tanks. Which is a shame, since I have an impression that the two of us, would be sort of equal. As for warships, -still too low in tier. And have sadley enough always been too late, and had an aweful timing.

Tankers, I have a wish to request of you, though it might be too much to ask. No matter the player, big name like Jingles, or any other of the well known contributors, please have a focus in the game. Would you follow certain tanks and just freeze, like nailed through your tracks to the ground if it would have been any other player, driving the same tank? I, for one have my doubts. Look at your tanks, and the tanks you meet. Focus in just playing the game. If you play for yourselves, why play a multiplayer online game then? If the outcome of the game doesn't matter. Why playing? There is a reason, why we are 13-15 tanks on a TEAM. We are to play together, and go to positions of the maps, where our chosen tanks are the strongest. Once you've clicked the botton, it's up to you, to take the challenge, a given random battle is. I could keep going on, but then I get off the first topic. No matter who you meet on the battlefield, keep the focus and the mind, to the battle, for as long as your tank is full functional and active in the game.

xx984 #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56388 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
He's a nice guy but his content (atleast for WoT) is not as good as it used to be, at least in my eyes. A lot of the stuff he says in his WoT videos just simply is not the case and false and i don't really watch his other videos as they don't interest me. That being said i do quite enjoy those wot videos where there is no commentary

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11377 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Love Jingles video's, as they often tell a story rather than just show a very good game.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24821 battles
TL;DR,  OP has a hard-on for Jingles.

Homer_J #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMarybanks, on 12 February 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

The Mighty Jingles, is born in the UK, 10th of March 1970. 

Whippersnapper.

Actually, if that's true then he had a hard paper round because he looks a good ten or twenty years older.  I'd have him down as more my dad's age.

Pansenmann #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I liked his world of Warcraft videos back in the days,
hardly watch any youtubers or streamers anymore because most just are after he quick $$

Only a very rare few I dont remember were doing good,
but not professionally

PS: mostly I dont like the "talk-to-myself" of many video makers :)

Edited by Pansenmann, 13 February 2018 - 10:06 AM.

Thuis001 #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Whippersnapper.

Actually, if that's true then he had a hard paper round because he looks a good ten or twenty years older.  I'd have him down as more my dad's age.

Indeed, I expected him to be more like in his 60s rather then only 48. Big surprise I guess

Also, Marybanks, you forgot to mention that he is a foulmouthed ex-navy that likes the trolls on Youtube to be better at their jobs 

uglycousin #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46297 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I do enjoy his messing up of tanks names. He had a video recently where he constantly called the enemy lorraine arty a GW panther. There was none in that team. :)

He does have his moments, I sometimes watch his videos from work just for relaxing purposes. :)

Regarding WoT content I stopped following the more known streamers and only follow a certain slovenian animal. His videos are fun ( remember, this is a game, and it should be about fun while playing it ) and he also knows what he is talking about.

ArrowDixon also uploads some nice replays, in case you guys don`t know about him.

K_A #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13651 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Jingles videos are more entertainment than education, I actually like him branching more to different games now that he kicked himself out of the cc program. When I want to watch tank review or other stuff there are better youtubers, but I do generally watch every single Jingles video he puts up.

250swb #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I remember the time he'd arranged to platoon on QB's stream and it attracted something like 12,000 viewers for the big event. Alas, he mumbled and fumbled a bit before the surprise announcement he had something else planned anyway and buggered off after an hour playing. I'm sure some people will think they got good value, I thought he (Jingles) was a wet blanket.

Edited by 250swb, 13 February 2018 - 04:49 PM.

Marybanks #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Whippersnapper.

If you are out for a longer time, throughout years of your life, then big mother nature, does make her influence on you. But Jingles, has not become fame for his look, but for his voice, and the content, telling as others point out here, a story, or as I see it, a point, worth to think about.

Marybanks #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Post250swb, on 13 February 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

I remember the time he'd arranged to platoon on QB's stream and it attracted something like 12,000 viewers for the big event. Alas, he mumbled and fumbled a bit before the surprise announcement he had something else planned anyway and buggered off after an hour playing. I'm sure some people will think they got good value, I thought he was a wet blanket.

You mean like a disappointment? To be honest, I did enjoy those streams. The highlight of the week in QB's streams was the platoon games with Jingles. 
While all I could do, was just to dream of a day, to meet Jingles on the battlefields, or maybe even being in a platoon with him. But tanks, is a long gone chapter for the man. And no chance, that that dream, would come true. Some players suddenly forgot how to play, just for the reason of Jingles being in the battle. -Thanks a lot, guys.

Marybanks #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostK_A, on 13 February 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Jingles videos are more entertainment than education, I actually like him branching more to different games now that he kicked himself out of the cc program. When I want to watch tank review or other stuff there are better youtubers, but I do generally watch every single Jingles video he puts up.

We have each our preferences and levels. To me, Jingles' way to express himself, is in generel in a way where I understand it. -And I'm being a forign(English, is not my native language). Jingles' tank-reviews have been basic, allround, and on a level where it has been possible to understand it. He have even made a few video guides, with the little German light tank Fritz, (sorry, Jingles, don't recall if it was a Pz1c, or a PZII Luchs) where he has tried his best to explain the game-mechanics. -I like those videos. True, there are better Youtubers and streamers on higher level, and if you feel that's better, fine. But I feel that I have got the most, out of the way Jingles explained it.

Marybanks #14 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postuglycousin, on 13 February 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I do enjoy his messing up of tanks names. He had a video recently where he constantly called the enemy lorraine arty a GW panther. There was none in that team. :)

He does have his moments, I sometimes watch his videos from work just for relaxing purposes. :)

Regarding WoT content I stopped following the more known streamers and only follow a certain slovenian animal. His videos are fun ( remember, this is a game, and it should be about fun while playing it ) and he also knows what he is talking about.

ArrowDixon also uploads some nice replays, in case you guys don`t know about him.

I did see that video. Ir's from last week, I'm sure. But Jingles doesn't stand in the way to admit, that he is crap. He knows it, And there is no reason to deny or fake it. Some, better streamers have felt a sad need to point fingers at other people's stats, and really make them feel bad about themselves. Stats is for me a superficial aspect of the game, easy manipulated with. One could sure race around on any map available in a tier 2 tank, load all gold. But what do you learn of the game, by doing so? You do earn makrs on the gun-barrel,if you drive I think tier 5 is the lowest, maybe tier 4s, and well, if you do get it, huge respect, thumbs up, well done. But no matter how good or bad you are, the way you treat other players does also have a thing to say. And from the first replay, in "The good, the bad and the ugly", episode 42, we see an IS-3 freaking so much out in the start of the battle on Mines, about an M24 Chaffee gets in his way, that he teamkills him. The in-game behavior matters to others. Some might have just as big real life problems, as yourself.

Marybanks #15 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostThuis001, on 13 February 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Indeed, I expected him to be more like in his 60s rather then only 48. Big surprise I guess

Also, Marybanks, you forgot to mention that he is a foulmouthed ex-navy that likes the trolls on Youtube to be better at their jobs 

Now you've mentioned it. ...
There was things I didn't tell, because I found other details more important to get out with.

Marybanks #16 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 12 February 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Love Jingles video's, as they often tell a story rather than just show a very good game.

Yes, indeed. And a very sharp point. Like, I think in "the good, the bad and the ugly", episode 8 or 9, where he does talk about "always cap vs. "no cap kill all!" rutines. A state we do get to hear him say here, is "what you should always do, is use your head" Many players are wise enough. But they cut off their brains when they play a game like world of tanks. And this game, does require, that you pay attention, you think, you take action to what you see on the minimap. -That' s why it's there. I could fill this post, with all the small things the game over my five years of playing, soon six, have tought me. But then we get away from the real point of this.
Yes, Jingles does tell stories with his WOT videos indeed, or some very clear and sharp points, one only can get better by taking into account and think about

Marybanks #17 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostPansenmann, on 13 February 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

I liked his world of Warcraft videos back in the days,
hardly watch any youtubers or streamers anymore because most just are after he quick $$

Only a very rare few I dont remember were doing good,
but not professionally

PS: mostly I dont like the "talk-to-myself" of many video makers :)

People are also different when they talk to theirselves. And I can't deny, that when he records, yes, it is like talking to oneself. According to a video I've seen, talking to yourself, is a sign of intelligence ;-) But I get a very clear impression that he does try to talk as much to us, his audience, viewers and subs, as he can. Make it as natural as possible.
World of Warcraft does also catch me, since I did play world of warcraft before I came to world of tanks.

Marybanks #18 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postxx984, on 12 February 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

He's a nice guy but his content (atleast for WoT) is not as good as it used to be, at least in my eyes. A lot of the stuff he says in his WoT videos just simply is not the case and false and i don't really watch his other videos as they don't interest me. That being said i do quite enjoy those wot videos where there is no commentary

He can only say things, to tell how it looks from his point of view. Other people might have another experience of it, and that's fine, I am sure also that Jingles doesn't mind if others disagree with him. Hey, that's where a dialogue starts, right?

xx984 #19 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56388 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostMarybanks, on 13 February 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

He can only say things, to tell how it looks from his point of view. Other people might have another experience of it, and that's fine, I am sure also that Jingles doesn't mind if others disagree with him. Hey, that's where a dialogue starts, right?

As i said, He's a nice guy and i have nothing against him, No idea what his other content is like as i don't really watch it, only the WoT stuff. I'm sure the WoT videos will be entertaining for a casual player, or a player thats kind of new. But as a experienced player it can be quite frustrating to watch, hence why i don't anymore, that's just my perspective on it all

Balc0ra #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67348 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I used to follow him back in the day. As he did some half decent tank reviews, and made his own content before he joined QB and co on their daily streams all those years ago. Then he left wot for other games like WT etc for a bit. Came back to WOT and now lives on mostly others replays and never his own content, meme videos, butthurt videos that is just a loss replay where he hangs one of the players. Or complaint videos he really did not think to much over before he made them. As they seem just to be there to get ragers more upset then anything. It's as xx984 said. Common and new players find value in those. Vets and experienced players are more frustrated with it. Only thing I click on now is the non commentary videos.

Nothing against the man. It's just that his content vs before is not for me the more I played the game. I've.. outgrown him. As his content seems to be more aimed at the younger audience for the most part vs old farts like us. Even tho he is one himself.

Also tagged with The Mighty Jingles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users