The view of the Gnome Overlord of the Saltmines, from a long term subscriber's eyes

The Mighty Jingles

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

BrinklyWollox #21 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles
I happened to be on the same team as Jingles in a Warships battle a little while ago. It was great, I don't think a single shot was fired in my direction. 

uglycousin #22 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47507 battles

Jingles is funny. He may be a bad WoT player, and has no idea what he is talking about from time to time, but he is funny. :)

Marybanks #23 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27847 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 February 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

I used to follow him back in the day. As he did some half decent tank reviews, and made his own content before he joined QB and co on their daily streams all those years ago. Then he left wot for other games like WT etc for a bit. Came back to WOT and now lives on mostly others replays and never his own content, meme videos, butthurt videos that is just a loss replay where he hangs one of the players. Or complaint videos he really did not think to much over before he made them. As they seem just to be there to get ragers more upset then anything. It's as xx984 said. Common and new players find value in those. Vets and experienced players are more frustrated with it. Only thing I click on now is the non commentary videos.

Nothing against the man. It's just that his content vs before is not for me the more I played the game. I've.. outgrown him. As his content seems to be more aimed at the younger audience for the most part vs old farts like us. Even tho he is one himself.

He is one himself indeed. One of his own kind. It does happen that people sort of grow out of his content, and well, that's fine. In my eyes, however, the content of the videos haven't been changing much, since I started subbing to his channel. (Don't even remember when it was, that's how long time ago it is. -And I have a pretty good memory, if I do say so myself.) Not sure, if one could say that his audience is particularly of a younder age, exactly, I'm sure it is as wide as can ever be. But he does have a way to explain things, in a way that it becomes easy to understand and relate to. At least for me. And as it has been pointed out, earlier, and higher, Jingles goes for what he finds interesting to watch. How else, should he choose content for his channel? You worte "then he left wot for other games, like WT..." sorry for a stupid and probably noobish question, but WT? What is that exactly?

Marybanks #24 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27847 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postuglycousin, on 14 February 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Jingles is funny. He may be a bad WoT player, and has no idea what he is talking about from time to time, but he is funny. :)

Jingles has never felt a need of claiming to be the best. I have heard him with a big smile say time and time again; "I'm crap" And that can be among the reasons, why so many like to join the work in the saltmines ;-) I agree. He is funny. He has shines out a cozy atmosphere, and a down-to-earth plain appearence. Who said that he would know everything? He talks of what he knows, and from what he can see it. How could it ever be any different?

xx984 #25 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64413 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostMarybanks, on 14 February 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

He is one himself indeed. One of his own kind. It does happen that people sort of grow out of his content, and well, that's fine. In my eyes, however, the content of the videos haven't been changing much, since I started subbing to his channel. (Don't even remember when it was, that's how long time ago it is. -And I have a pretty good memory, if I do say so myself.) Not sure, if one could say that his audience is particularly of a younder age, exactly, I'm sure it is as wide as can ever be. But he does have a way to explain things, in a way that it becomes easy to understand and relate to. At least for me. And as it has been pointed out, earlier, and higher, Jingles goes for what he finds interesting to watch. How else, should he choose content for his channel? You worte "then he left wot for other games, like WT..." sorry for a stupid and probably noobish question, but WT? What is that exactly?

It might not so much being his content changing drastically, but more of his viewers getting bored of it, Or getting better themselves and not finding it as entertaining or interesting anymore. 

uglycousin #26 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47507 battles

Marybanks, you don't have to defend Jingles here. We all like him even if most of us stopped following him. He seems like a nice guy and nobody who posted here has any real issues with him. :)

He is a very entertaining youtuber and one of the few without any controversy around him. I am making this post just so you don't get any wrong ideas by mistake.

Marybanks #27 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27847 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postuglycousin, on 15 February 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Marybanks, you don't have to defend Jingles here. We all like him even if most of us stopped following him. He seems like a nice guy and nobody who posted here has any real issues with him. :)

He is a very entertaining youtuber and one of the few without any controversy around him. I am making this post just so you don't get any wrong ideas by mistake.

...You are right. I didn't mean it, as aggressive, as it might have been the impression. I just wanted to share my view of him, and give in the man I see, being the Gnome Overlord of the saltmines
-I should just have kept my mouth shot, and my hands off the keyboard in that matter, right?
Bet my timing just sucks as it has always done

Edited by Marybanks, 15 February 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Griesgram_der_Grobe #28 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 18851 battles
  • [HCD] HCD

View Postuglycousin, on 13 February 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I do enjoy his messing up of tanks names. He had a video recently where he constantly called the enemy lorraine arty a GW panther. There was none in that team. :)

Fool! (not meant as an insult, dude) 

He did that intentionally. Mixing up a french clickbox with the mighty GW Panther can´t be a slight faux pas. Non le way! (excuse my japanese, will ya?)

Talk about trolling :teethhappy:

I sincerely hope Jingles get´s clicked back to stone age by german lorraines or french panthers or belgian waffles or whatever! 

Arrrgh, now I got just as confused.

uglycousin #29 Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47507 battles

View PostGriesgram_der_Grobe, on 16 February 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

Fool! (not meant as an insult, dude) 

He did that intentionally. Mixing up a french clickbox with the mighty GW Panther can´t be a slight faux pas. Non le way! (excuse my japanese, will ya?)

Talk about trolling :teethhappy:

I sincerely hope Jingles get´s clicked back to stone age by german lorraines or french panthers or belgian waffles or whatever! 

Arrrgh, now I got just as confused.

He does that quite often. :) Mixing up tank names and other stuff. Maybe he is too tired when he is making the videos, maybe he is just easily distracted ... dunno, don't care, he is funny.

He had a funny episode with some WoWs low tier premium that he did not have, and WG offered to gift him one. Sadly he already had it, so they removed it and then gifted it back to him. :D

Dunno, I just like the guy. He is genuine in his silly deeds. :)

SoupFork #30 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11892 battles

I'm currently completely hooked on watching him play Subnautica.

I have no idea why.

I mean I grab a few beers and a bag of crisps and make myself comfy like I'm about to watch a great netflix show...

Edited by SoupFork, 16 February 2018 - 11:32 AM.

K_A #31 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13712 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSoupFork, on 16 February 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm currently completely hooked on watching him play Subnautica.

I have no idea why.

I mean I grab a few beers and a bag of crisps and make myself comfy like I'm about to watch a great netflix show...

The Subnautica-series has been amazing! I had a thought after the 3rd episode that I want to buy the game so I don't want to watch them because it'd spoil some of the stuff that happens but I couldn't help myself when the 4th one popped up, watched it immediately.. :D

BrinklyWollox #32 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

I've watched a few other streamers playing Subnautica and thought that I might get the game myself. Then watching Jingles play it I realised he's doing pretty much exactly what I'd do; missing things that are important to the plot, going to areas he's woefully under-prepared for, doing lots of things wrong in other words. I no longer need to buy the game, I can see pretty much exactly what would happen if I played it.

Then he releases a video like today's effort, where he's claiming to investigate WG's claim that only 5% of ammo fired is premium. By watching a single battle played by a top tier IS-3 (5/10 split) and before it's halfway through he's counted a shot that didn't even hit the player we're watching as gold on the basis that he didn't think the guy firing it would have switched from gold to standard and back again. He ends with the claim that because 50% of the shells fired at a top tier well-armoured heavy tank in a single battle were gold and that heavy player fired 46% gold himself, WG's claims of 5% of ammo fired being gold is rubbish.

Oh, and the battle results show that the player in question got an ace tanker and his third MoE from that battle. So that wouldn't have influenced his own choice of when to fire gold in the slightest, obviously.

mirri_maz_duur #33 Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15958 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I have watched jingles for some years now, and my favourites are 'Why you heff to be mad' (or whatever it is), because it is just captions which amuse me....a lot, and no commentary. However other videos he tells factual stories, which again is entertaining. He always points out that he is a bit crap at WoT, but then he knows a lot about the game, and I think he gave up playing, because he got fed up with being targeted by being a well known YTuber. 

I usually only watch the WoT videos, as the other games he plays do not interest me.

I do watch the 'Mingles with Jingles every Monday, with a mug of coffee, a couple of biscuits and some ciggies...

But I would much prefer to watch him, on replays, or Dez Gamez, Lord Chipmonk, 4tankers for examples.... However if you want to watch a self important bragger, then LemmingRush is the one, who is always complaining about other players, and saying what a brilliant player he is, and how he wins all the games, at least the ones he picks to show.

Others may of course disagree with me, it is not unknown....:teethhappy:

Also tagged with The Mighty Jingles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users