Is it still possible to complete campains without playing arty?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

So, i completed all the missions with honors for the HTC prototype campain

lights, mediums, heavies and Tank destroyers... but i dont see where i can claim the tank

i see where i can claim the crew girls, but not the tank

have something changed? i completed the Stug IV campaign without playing artillery as well, so i expected to archieve the same here

but now i dont see what i am missing, i doubled checked, completed all the other missions with honors except the arty ones

i even tryed to unlock the arty missions with comendations but i had only 5, and i dont really want to play artillery...

Is it possible or not to get the tank without playing arty?

RaxipIx #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28463 battles

Need to claim the girls if  i remember correctly, and only then can you get the tank.

Also you need to use the 4 Orders you got for getting the last missions with honors, go to the arty section of it, select mission  15, and use the orders to skip the mission.

Edited by RaxipIx, 12 February 2018 - 07:24 PM.

KillingJoker #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostRaxipIx, on 12 February 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Need to claim the girls if  i remember correctly, and only then can you get the tank.

Also you need to use the 4 Orders you got for getting the last missions with honors, go to the arty section of it, select mission  15, and use the orders to skip the mission.

But they changed everything

now they give for each class a module of the tank, and you receive a module for each class, and you need five module to complete the tank... 

this is so unfair, i dont want to play artillery, i complete all the mission with honors specificly to not have to play artillery, and now i cant have the tank, because i dont have the radio module unlocked...

this is so stupid WG

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles
You can do every campaign without playing arty even once provided you complete the other four classes and use the orders to skip mission 15 of the arty lines.

vixu #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41883 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

now they give for each class a module of the tank, and you receive a module for each class, and you need five module to complete the tank... 

this is so unfair, i dont want to play artillery, i complete all the mission with honors specificly to not have to play artillery, and now i cant have the tank, because i dont have the radio module unlocked...

this is so stupid WG

Did you actually read the response? If you have 4 orders, you can bypass arty. At least I am planning to bypass all Obj260 missions but arty (if I can get 3 more orders)

KillingJoker #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 February 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

You can do every campaign without playing arty even once provided you complete the other four classes and use the orders to skip mission 15 of the arty lines.

but after i completed all the other missions with honors i only had 5 orders to complete 5 arty missions without playing it...

something is wrong,

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

but after i completed all the other missions with honors i only had 5 orders to complete 5 arty missions without playing it...

something is wrong,

You did it wrong. :)

You don't have to skip each mission with an order. You just click mission 15 and skip that one. Whole line instantly done. If you've been skipping earlier missions you will need to do those missions with honours to recover the order you used so you can skip 15.

KillingJoker #8 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

You did it wrong. :)

You don't have to skip each mission with an order. You just click mission 15 and skip that one. Whole line instantly done. If you've been skipping earlier missions you will need to do those missions with honours to recover the order you used so you can skip 15.

I only skiped the first 5 missions of arty, becuase i tought they would be skiped one by one... 

all the other missions, lights, mediums, td's and heavies are allready completed with honors... 

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20634 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

I only skiped the first 5 missions of arty, becuase i tought they would be skiped one by one... 

all the other missions, lights, mediums, td's and heavies are allready completed with honors... 

You just use the orders directly on SPG15 and ONLY SPG15. OMG!! So, let me get this correct! instead of using all your orders directly on SPG15 to get the tank and girl etc, you invested all your orders in SPG1, SPG2 etc etc thinking this is how it works and ended up with nothing? and have to play those SPG15 missions to get those orders back? and not just complete them but with honors too or you don't get them back btw. I'm sorry for your loss... truly I am, breaks my heart so it does... wish I could help

Balc0ra #10 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

something is wrong,

Again, read more then the first sentience in a response before you respond, you might have noticed what you did wrong. He clearly told you, use the 4 orders on SPG-15. Not to get down to SPG-15. 

You get orders if you do a mission with honors. So you should have at least 8 if you got the Stug without playing arty. And if you used some of them up? Well only way to get them back is to play that mission and do it with honors. Then you get the orders refunded so you can use it on SPG-15.

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

this is so unfair

this is so stupid WG

Tbh vs before. It's 100% the same, just a bit better. You do 4 with honors to get 4 orders. And use the orders to skip SPG-15, not the 14 before it. And you still get the girl from skipping it and the base rewards. So thus for most. It's like before, just with an extra female crew reward. For those that will do all 5, they can save up orders and use them on the Obj instead to skip 3 out 5 classes there if they want to. Again, you can get the orders back if you do the mission you have used it on with honors.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 February 2018 - 08:24 PM.

jack_timber #11 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32373 battles

Are you now going to have to play arty?

After all the slagging off you have given to this fine class.

Welcome to the dark side you may just enjoy....

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles
He's got to do at least 4 of the missions :)

L0ddy #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 83947 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

I just don't get why players deny themselves all the spoils that come from completing 60 arty missions from a game mode that is fairly easy to complete, considering the general consensus is that arty requires "zero skill".

IMO American arty is the easiest line, completed almost all 60 missions with honors (3 left to go). You'll learn a lot too by having an overview of the battle, and grand battles are a feast of heavy tanks. Nom nom.

If you refuse to play that class then why on earth should you get the rewards.

Try it, you might like it. ;)

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

Dear OP:

1) As others have said, you did it wrong. If you have 4 orders you can bypass a 15 directly, skipping the lower steps.

2) As yet others have said, the current Arty missions are really easy if you have any Tier 6+ arty (You need high enough to stun and the lower tiers don't). You might actually learn something about arty in the process.

dimethylcadmium #15 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5401 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Why is the AMX F3 13 so bad compared to Hummel and M44. I get it its small and mobile but still......that damn reload is terrible, and the shell trajectory is tragic

KillingJoker #16 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostDracheimFlug, on 12 February 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Dear OP:

1) As others have said, you did it wrong. If you have 4 orders you can bypass a 15 directly, skipping the lower steps.

2) As yet others have said, the current Arty missions are really easy if you have any Tier 6+ arty (You need high enough to stun and the lower tiers don't). You might actually learn something about arty in the process.

So,your saying because WG never bothered in leaving a note saying, the 15 arty missions could be skiped by clicking in the last one...

now i need to play artillery to not be stuck at this campaign, after i played all the missions hardway and get them complete with honors...

is that what your saying??

I will not play artillery

i am an anti-arty player, i despise the class, i dont have any techtree researched, and certainly will not play it to unlock any tank....

if i cant do the missions, then ill not bother with the subject any longer...

vasilinhorulezz #17 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles
Actually it's a problem with you, if you can't read instructions you can't blame WG for that.

Aikl #18 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Had a lengthy argument with an arty player before Christmas. He thought playing artillery was required. I, on the other hand, was certain that wasn't the case.

Lo and behold, my fellow statpedling platoonmate was of the same belief as the arty player. Should probably have mentioned it to him, but he always bragged about the easy credits he got from the arty missions ...or maybe it was devilishly intentional. 

RaxipIx #19 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28463 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 12 February 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

So,your saying because WG never bothered in leaving a note saying, the 15 arty missions could be skiped by clicking in the last one...

now i need to play artillery to not be stuck at this campaign, after i played all the missions hardway and get them complete with honors...

is that what your saying??

I will not play artillery

i am an anti-arty player, i despise the class, i dont have any techtree researched, and certainly will not play it to unlock any tank....

if i cant do the missions, then ill not bother with the subject any longer...

Well then you are stuck. You will not go on to the next tank if you do not complete the 4 arty missions with honors to get the orders back.

I don't know where you where, but  WG explained it very clearly how order works, and we had at least 3-4 threads when the patch hit helping other players understand   how best to use the orders.

What  i suggest is  get the tier 6 American arty, and just do the first 4 missions with honors, they are  pretty easy, after you get the orders back, unlock SPG-15 mission. Or you can rant here all day long deprived of the big fat rewards that the t-55a missions  give you forever.

Cheers and good luck.

KillingJoker #20 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32042 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostRaxipIx, on 12 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Well then you are stuck. You will not go on to the next tank if you do not complete the 4 arty missions with honors to get the orders back.

I don't know where you where, but  WG explained it very clearly how order works, and we had at least 3-4 threads when the patch hit helping other players understand   how best to use the orders.

What  i suggest is  get the tier 6 American arty, and just do the first 4 missions with honors, they are  pretty easy, after you get the orders back, unlock SPG-15 mission. Or you can rant here all day long deprived of the big fat rewards that the t-55a missions  give you forever.

Cheers and good luck.

I actually have a tier 6 or 7 russian arty unlocked, the one who is linked to the KV-2,

you say i only need to do 4 games? 4 missions and then i get my honors back and and i can unlock the 15th mission and end the htc campaign? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users