Jump to content


Mediums with high armor & pen


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Squirting_Elephant #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9754 battles
  • 218
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

Not a rant topic. Please explain to me why I shouldn't play mediums in this meta since they feel so super op now.

 

I just had a game on El Halluf with 2 toptier enemy medium tanks begin hull down in the heavy-tank area and no arties. I was in a VK100.01P (which I finally bought after like 6 years). I cannot possibly pen them due to their 300-500 armor turrets w/o weakspots. Yes 300-500 on medium tanks. I angled well and was hull down but that big weakspot on my turret.... I cannot shoot back... It's pointless. I cannot rush them, I'm too slow to relocate or to cross large open areas and well.. Even with APCR and the top gun I lack like 60pen, so I would have to pray for a perfect hit with a high pen roll on some wiggly turret while they can pen me since I cannot wiggle like that in my slow tank. Yeah, not gonna happen. Too expensive as well. So I waited for my team to deal with them but... They all died, right there... That game was not fun. There was literally nothing for me to do but to wait for the enemy bumrush to start. I'm this super-well-armored-tank but I get out-armored by mediums.

 

I don't understand why mediums need to have such armored turrets. They have way way more armor than the E100 when hull down. And since I also have a weakspot in front I must hull-down as well. But I will always lose those fights against those mediums in those hilly areas 100% of the time. I only have a chance in cities vs noobs.

 

How is this balanced? Why are mediums so strong? My 430U for example is so amazingly armored on top with 340 pen is kinda lame vs tier 8 enemies. VK100.01P only has 260 pen with gold rounds? Even my JagdTiger has to run away from many skilled medium tanks because it cannot pen them reliably with gold ammo while they can reliably pen you in the super structure and I often get spotted before I spot them anyway. Besides, spamming gold ammo at mediums while in a super large TD with a gun larger than their entire tank and then still missing and bouncing.... Why.... I need a JagdPzrE100 with gold ammo for them I guess.

 

  • https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-430-ii goes from 213 pen --> 330 with gold ammo. (Yes I know it has now been removed from the game but the new one goes from 201-->330)
  • ISU-152 goes from 260 --> 292 pen.
  • Jpanther2 246-->311
  • AT15 226-->258
  • etc.

Erm... Why do those mediums get such a HUGE pen increase with gold ammo? Are they supposed to be the new super-mobile-TD's? So they can melt a Type 5 heavy from across the map without having to flank while many TD's on those tiers cannot? Someone please explain to me what I am missing here. Even their accuracy is great (only 0.3 less accurate than the super accurate german TD's).


Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 12 February 2018 - 07:46 PM.


Noo_Noo #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
You were in a poor position and paid for it

brumbarr #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,290
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
Why are you taking 2 tanks and using that to generalise the whole class? Based on your arguments every HT is impenetrable , just look at the maus!

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21192 battles
  • 866
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

If you're trying to brawl tier 10s in your tier 8 tank, you ain't gonna have a good time.

When you're bottom tier you support your top tiers, you don't fight head on against stronger tanks than you.



TheWarrener #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2040 battles
  • 331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
You DO realize we have a superheavy meta going on rn, right? 

Edited by TheWarrener, 12 February 2018 - 10:02 PM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44869 battles
  • 907
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Fact (1): Russian meds (some other nations too) have very strong turrets.

Fact (2): Most tier 10 meds have enough pen (330 mm heat) to go through anything like butter.

Fact (3): Going hull down or angling the upper plate at a ricochet angle around a corner (or a mound) is easy.

Fact (4): DPM is very high, enough to obliterate same tier heavies in 1-1.5 minutes if they are willing to stand there (or perma tracked).

Fact (5): HP pool is also high so they can take a hit or two and very good mobility so they can choose their fights.

Fact (6): Med players call that smart and skill and stuff!

Fact (7): I plead the fifth! :)



Balc0ra #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,408
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 12 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Not a rant topic. Please explain to me why I shouldn't play mediums in this meta since they feel so super op now.

 

  • https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-430-ii goes from 213 pen --> 330 with gold ammo. (Yes I know it has now been removed from the game but the new one goes from 201-->330)
  • ISU-152 goes from 260 --> 292 pen.
  • Jpanther2 246-->311
  • AT15 226-->258
  • etc.

 

I'm gonna guess you are talking about the Obj 416. As the 430 II is still there, nor was it changed, and it's a tier 9. Since the TD's you used are tier 8. And on that tier, it's AP pen is rather crap for a tier 9 medium. But the gold pen on the high normal pen tier 9 meds are in the 300 to 330 area to.

 

 

Tho the 416 gets 201 base pen, it's not really a medium either. Most play it like a TD tbh. As it has the camo for it, and a locked turret. It's a support med. And the base pen on all the TD's you listed are still higher. But still it's HEAT pen is 330. Because it has the T-54 gun. T-44 that has a fully 360 turret has a 100mm too. But with 245 gold pen. 416 did get the T-54 gun instead as it's turret traverse is not a full 360. It's limited to 75 degrees to each side. So it can't even aim right to either side at 90 degrees. Thus it's a support med, thus it's a TD, thus it got a better 100mm gun then the turreted T-44.

 

As you won't find the same gap on any other tier 8 med. As tier 8 meds are in the 250 area, with the exception of the STA-1 that has 275.

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 12 February 2018 - 11:07 PM.


baribal_80 #8 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19677 battles
  • 143
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012
Why are you comparing t9 med to t8 tds? Also why are you comparing a t8 heavy vs t10 meds?

Tidal_Force #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16000 battles
  • 6,774
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

*edited*


Edited by Daxeno, 13 February 2018 - 04:03 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to being non-constructive.


Squirting_Elephant #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9754 battles
  • 218
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 February 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Tho the 416 gets 201 base pen, it's not really a medium either. Most play it like a TD tbh. As it has the camo for it, and a locked turret. It's a support med. And the base pen on all the TD's you listed are still higher. But still it's HEAT pen is 330. Because it has the T-54 gun. T-44 that has a fully 360 turret has a 100mm too. But with 245 gold pen. 416 did get the T-54 gun instead as it's turret traverse is not a full 360. It's limited to 75 degrees to each side. So it can't even aim right to either side at 90 degrees. Thus it's a support med, thus it's a TD, thus it got a better 100mm gun then the turreted T-44

Yes I also played mine as a TD when I was grinding it. It's (was) just such an amazing TD and it had a paper turret. Yes true the base-pen on TD's is almost always higher. But to me the gold-pen also matters. What you say makes sense to me for this tank due to it's limited turret-arc (which is still better than all turretless TD's imo). But what about the other mediums with a full 360 degree and 330ish pen at Tier8-10? I agree that the Russians have mostly the best tanks in this regard and that not all mediums are like this.

 

I'm not a medium driver myself. I only rushed the 430U because of the Russian tech tree changes. Maybe I just find the 430U really strong as I can outsnipe many TD's and is just so much better at so many areas. Maybe other mediums are not that strong, that could be. But often I still rather play a bush-medium than a bush-TD as mediums still feel superior to me personally but perhaps I'm simply the worst TD player (I for sure am a bad medium player since I play them as TD's quite a bit). Mediums are also so amazingly strong in a wolfpack (really rare in random games) but with enough mediums 'wolfpacking/lemminging' you can just single-lane-bum-rush the crap out of the enemy team just about all the time. But okay this is balanced by zero-teamwork in random battles.

 

View Postbaribal_80, on 12 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Why are you comparing t9 med to t8 tds? Also why are you comparing a t8 heavy vs t10 meds?

I have to fight tier 10's a lot as a tier8. My premiums are almost all tier8 and I cannot pen those mediums... There shouldn't be matches where you can literally do nothing as a tier 8. But apparently there are or maybe my skills are just too low. My WN8 is apparently 1561 right now which is imo fairly above average and I still see no option to do anything in some matches but to wait for them to rush me to death praying they are so noob I still get a Fire for Effect. Most of the time it's some steamrolling highly armored heavies or some mediums that we can't pen while our toptier tanks died in the first 2 minutes and we have nothing that can fight them.

Now If I were to drive a medium with 330ish pen, I could relocate and still take some down. But as a TD/heavy, you can't really do much if you have no mobility AND not enough pen.

 

When I drive that 430U myself I imagine driving myself a turreted mobile hulldown T110E3. You constantly hear that ding sound. Sadly the tank is not very fast so I assume that balanced it but it still poops on most TD's (in my personal opinion) with that troll turret and high pen and good accuracy. I idon't think any tank light, medium or heavy with a turret should be able to win a 1vs1 snipe-fight vs a turretless TD. It feels unbalanced and wrong to me. I have a 70-75% gunmark on the JagdTiger and I always feel that this tank is worthless vs most other tanks as they always seem to pen me in the super structure. Especially those pesky mediums. Maybe I'm just biased.

 

View PostTidal_Force, on 12 February 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

I always say that average players brain is delayed by 3 years. Supporting evidence, like this thread, is abundant.

https://i.imgur.com/kQYSF1m.jpg yes I must be 3 years behind. I'm not sure how accurate this new thing is and I sure as hell ain't no unicum but that does not look too bad to me. And I yolo-grinded a lot. I'm simply having serious trouble with those well-armored high pen mediums as I see no way to counter them in quite a lot of my tanks.


 

Edited by Daxeno, 13 February 2018 - 04:08 PM.


Thejagdpanther #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33042 battles
  • 4,247
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

Dude are you mad??? Saying that some mediums with 330 cheats and uberturrets are OP? :mellow:

The sheepstorm of the tryhard inquisition will come to punish your silly mind!!! :ohmy:

They are so UP that no one really play them and the game is flooded with platoons of superheavy that just press RRRRRR and yolo-auto-win. :trollface:

 


Edited by Thejagdpanther, 13 February 2018 - 09:12 AM.


baribal_80 #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19677 battles
  • 143
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 13 February 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

 

I have to fight tier 10's a lot as a tier8. My premiums are almost all tier8 and I cannot pen those mediums... There shouldn't be matches where you can literally do nothing as a tier 8. But apparently there are or maybe my skills are just too low. My WN8 is apparently 1561 right now which is imo fairly above average and I still see no option to do anything in some matches but to wait for them to rush me to death praying they are so noob I still get a Fire for Effect. Most of the time it's some steamrolling highly armored heavies or some mediums that we can't pen while our toptier tanks died in the first 2 minutes and we have nothing that can fight them.

Now If I were to drive a medium with 330ish pen, I could relocate and still take some down. But as a TD/heavy, you can't really do much if you have no mobility AND not enough pen.

 

When I drive that 430U myself I imagine driving myself a turreted mobile hulldown T110E3. You constantly hear that ding sound. Sadly the tank is not very fast so I assume that balanced it but it still poops on most TD's (in my personal opinion) with that troll turret and high pen and good accuracy. I idon't think any tank light, medium or heavy with a turret should be able to win a 1vs1 snipe-fight vs a turretless TD. It feels unbalanced and wrong to me. I have a 70-75% gunmark on the JagdTiger and I always feel that this tank is worthless vs most other tanks as they always seem to pen me in the super structure. Especially those pesky mediums. Maybe I'm just biased.

 

Sorry but you don't have to fight t10 A LOT as a t8. At worst you get 3 per game.  You should compare tanks of the same tier. Of course a tank 2 tiers higher will be better but that doesn't mean it's op. That means it's higher tier. Using your logic all tank classes in the game are op since every t10 tank is better than every t8 tank. Your post has no logic.



Squirting_Elephant #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9754 battles
  • 218
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostThejagdpanther, on 13 February 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Dude are you mad??? Saying that some mediums with 330 cheats and uberturrets are OP? :mellow:

Of course I am mad :)

 

View PostThejagdpanther, on 13 February 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

The sheepstorm of the tryhard inquisition will come to punish your silly mind!!! :ohmy:

Yeah I know these forums have bad moderation. That would be on me then I guess. But I seriously do not know what to do vs those mediums in both tier8 and 9 tanks. I cannot find viable plays.

 

View PostThejagdpanther, on 13 February 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

They are so UP that no one really play them and the game is flooded with platoons of superheavy that just press RRRRRR and yolo-auto-win. :trollface:

Some of those objects-heavy-tanks are indeed insanely hard to pen. Like that annoying 257 for example. But, heavy tanks are open to plays. I can gold-pen a Maus, E100, Type5 in the turret unless they angle (in which case they can't shoot me) and they are so slow I can run from them in most tier 8 TD's. And as a heavy myself I can also relocate since our speeds are more or less the same. But vs a medium... I can't pen, can't outrun/relocate, can't flank, can't outspot, there is no counter... All I usually try is to find some corner to hide in so I can't be flanked, with no elevated ground in front of me and then wait for the bumrushers to arrive. But lots of places without that... A medium comes, only turret sticks out, starts shooting me, I can't run, can't shoot back, can't etc. I can just die.

 

I mean, I'm in a TD in a bush and a medium spots me before I spot him. Okay that I understand. But then I cannot pen him but he can pen me... Yeah... To me that is erm.... yeah... What's the purpose of my role/tank then?

 

View Postbaribal_80, on 13 February 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

 

Sorry but you don't have to fight t10 A LOT as a t8. At worst you get 3 per game.  You should compare tanks of the same tier. Of course a tank 2 tiers higher will be better but that doesn't mean it's op. That means it's higher tier. Using your logic all tank classes in the game are op since every t10 tank is better than every t8 tank. Your post has no logic.

A lot of matches are vs tier 10's for some reason, or at least feels that way. When I'm a slow tank and there is only ONE smart route on that map to pick for me and they have tier 10's on that same route, I obviously have no choice but to encounter them. El Halluf is such a map for example. But some T8 mediums also have insane gold-pen like I wrote before. Besides, if my toptiers die I HAVE to fight them or at least let them kill me if I can't pen them.

 

But okay for the sake of comparing equal tiers, let's look at some tier 10 gold-penetration values:

Foch B: 325 vs B-C 25t: 330

Badger: 320 vs Centurion AX 330

Let's not even go into the Russian ones

Grille15 334, JgdfpzrE100 420 vs E50M: 330

none vs STB1 330

 

Aside from the JgdfPzr E100 the mediums are either on par or even better in terms of penetration. So why do they have such insane pen while they shoot from closer distance, flank, and have a turret? Why are they supposed to melt enemy heavies and TD's from across the map? And then they give some mediums a super turret? No wonder my JagdTiger feels like paper. Also many tier 9 mediums have a tier10 gun before someone tells me that I'm comparing tier 9 vs tier 10. Yes I know mediums have slightly less accuracy and maybe some other downside but their other massive upsides are just... soo... much...better...

 

I'm hull-down, spotting for enemies. A medium appears, he starts shooting my JT and I must run for my life (which is sometimes impossible)... Yay... Makes sense... What am I supposed to do?


Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 13 February 2018 - 10:21 AM.


Noo_Noo #14 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 13 February 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

Of course I am mad :)

 

Yeah I know these forums have bad moderation. That would be on me then I guess. But I seriously do not know what to do vs those mediums in both tier8 and 9 tanks. I cannot find viable plays.

 

Some of those objects-heavy-tanks are indeed insanely hard to pen. Like that annoying 257 for example. But, heavy tanks are open to plays. I can gold-pen a Maus, E100, Type5 in the turret unless they angle (in which case they can't shoot me) and they are so slow I can run from them in most tier 8 TD's. And as a heavy myself I can also relocate since our speeds are more or less the same. But vs a medium... I can't pen, can't outrun/relocate, can't flank, can't outspot, there is no counter... All I usually try is to find some corner to hide in so I can't be flanked, with no elevated ground in front of me and then wait for the bumrushers to arrive. But lots of places without that... A medium comes, only turret sticks out, starts shooting me, I can't run, can't shoot back, can't etc. I can just die.

 

I mean, I'm in a TD in a bush and a medium spots me before I spot him. Okay that I understand. But then I cannot pen him but he can pen me... Yeah... To me that is erm.... yeah... What's the purpose of my role/tank then?

 

A lot of matches are vs tier 10's for some reason, or at least feels that way. When I'm a slow tank and there is only ONE smart route on that map to pick for me and they have tier 10's on that same route, I obviously have no choice but to encounter them. El Halluf is such a map for example. But some T8 mediums also have insane gold-pen like I wrote before. Besides, if my toptiers die I HAVE to fight them or at least let them kill me if I can't pen them.

 

But okay for the sake of comparing equal tiers, let's look at some tier 10 gold-penetration values:

Foch B: 325 vs B-C 25t: 330

Badger: 320 vs Centurion AX 330

Let's not even go into the Russian ones

Grille15 334, JgdfpzrE100 420 vs E50M: 330

none vs STB1 330

 

Aside from the JgdfPzr E100 the mediums are either on par or even better in terms of penetration. So why do they have such insane pen while they shoot from closer distance, flank, and have a turret? Why are they supposed to melt enemy heavies and TD's from across the map? And then they give some mediums a super turret? No wonder my JagdTiger feels like paper. Also many tier 9 mediums have a tier10 gun before someone tells me that I'm comparing tier 9 vs tier 10. Yes I know mediums have slightly less accuracy and maybe some other downside but their other massive upsides are just... soo... much...better...

 

I'm hull-down, spotting for enemies. A medium appears, he starts shooting my JT and I must run for my life (which is sometimes impossible)... Yay... Makes sense... What am I supposed to do?

 

You're still doing it wrong. 

you're trying to brawl tier 10 tanks. Dont, just dont do it, play smarter. It doesn't matter if they are mediums or not, they are Tier 10 and you are tier 8. 

 

The Vk100.01 is OP already so the problem isn't with the tank. 



Squirting_Elephant #15 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9754 battles
  • 218
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011
I guess I'll just have to play more then and hopefully I'll find a play at some point (or a way to avoid them).

Noo_Noo #16 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 13 February 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

I guess I'll just have to play more then and hopefully I'll find a play at some point (or a way to avoid them).

 

By all means go to areas where you think that you will be more effective but also consider where you think enemy tanks will go as well. Dont go alone and just play conservatively. 

 

Squirting_Elephant #17 Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9754 battles
  • 218
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

I still cannot find a solution. A high WN8 player just got almost 7000 damage in a 430U against my team, we had no arty and dumb toptiers. It can damage me while I can virtually not damage it back while it farms all the tomatos in my team. I have the highest pen of any tank for my tier but I cannot pen that thing. He moves from hull-down to hull-down position while my team dings bullets at his turret. As a slow and turretless TD (JagdTiger) I cannot flank him. I don't understand why the only way for me to damage him it to flank it with my slow turretless TD. Should it not be the other way around? Also I cannot possibly win a snipe-battle against it. I tried it again. Those mediums literally beat me in a snipe battle due to their turret-armor vs my crappy superstructure armor + wiggly/snapshotting.

 

I keep getting to the same conclusion. Any slow turretless TD simply cannot win vs those mediums (except for maybe the JagdPzr E100 with gold ammo). Why? Because there are only 2 ways to beat them:

1. Have your team kill them or pray for there to be arty in a good map. Yeah... Cannot  rely on that when enemy medium is controlled by a skilled enemy.

2. I have to flank the medium so that it is not hull-down and on top of that pray he is noob or low hp so he won't/can't circle me. Impossible with some of my tanks.

3. Roll a good map. So again, my live in is the hands of pure RNG.

 

Basically, there is no way other than rolling an epic map against them. A medium like the 430U is simply better than those turretless slow TD's. It is simply a much better tank in all ways. Yay it loses a tiny tiny tiny bit of accuracy but it beats my tank(s) on all other fronts. What is the point of driving a turretless TD if you cannot pen mediums? What is the point of those tD's when you 100% will lose a snipe-battle against a medium of equal skill? How am I supposed to play this?

View PostNoo_Noo, on 13 February 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

By all means go to areas where you think that you will be more effective but also consider where you think enemy tanks will go as well. Dont go alone and just play conservatively.

Doesn't work. I'm too slow to relocate and even if I do like 4k damage. Those mediums will clean me up after my tomatoes died. I just played 5 games and according my addons I did so with a 4k WN8 rating and I still get owned by those mediums and lose the battle. I give up man... I don't see a way to counterplay that in those tanks. My conclusion: they are simply much better tanks. Even when I play godlike and better than most players, I cannot beat those tanks with my tanks. I'm starting to feel that there is a balance problem.

 

Update:

I just noticed that the 430U also has a tiny spot on the turret that will void your bullet regardless of pen. Anyway, I might have found another solution. Soon I'll get my JagdPzr E100 and I'm gonna load it with gold ammo because I just noticed that this is actually the only non-DERP tank in the game that has a 50-95% chance of penning those medium turrets. And with that alpha, it's worth trying to pen it just for the sake of vengeance. But god a 420 pen TD required to pen a medium.


Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 17 February 2018 - 08:42 AM.


Noo_Noo #18 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 17 February 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

I still cannot find a solution. A high WN8 player just got almost 7000 damage in a 430U against my team, we had no arty and dumb toptiers. It can damage me while I can virtually not damage it back while it farms all the tomatos in my team. I have the highest pen of any tank for my tier but I cannot pen that thing. He moves from hull-down to hull-down position while my team dings bullets at his turret. As a slow and turretless TD (JagdTiger) I cannot flank him. I don't understand why the only way for me to damage him it to flank it with my slow turretless TD. Should it not be the other way around? Also I cannot possibly win a snipe-battle against it. I tried it again. Those mediums literally beat me in a snipe battle due to their turret-armor vs my crappy superstructure armor + wiggly/snapshotting.

 

I keep getting to the same conclusion. Any slow turretless TD simply cannot win vs those mediums (except for maybe the JagdPzr E100 with gold ammo). Why? Because there are only 2 ways to beat them:

1. Have your team kill them or pray for there to be arty in a good map. Yeah... Cannot  rely on that when enemy medium is controlled by a skilled enemy.

2. I have to flank the medium so that it is not hull-down and on top of that pray he is noob or low hp so he won't/can't circle me. Impossible with some of my tanks.

3. Roll a good map. So again, my live in is the hands of pure RNG.

 

Basically, there is no way other than rolling an epic map against them. A medium like the 430U is simply better than those turretless slow TD's. It is simply a much better tank in all ways. Yay it loses a tiny tiny tiny bit of accuracy but it beats my tank(s) on all other fronts. What is the point of driving a turretless TD if you cannot pen mediums? What is the point of those tD's when you 100% will lose a snipe-battle against a medium of equal skill? How am I supposed to play this?

Doesn't work. I'm too slow to relocate and even if I do like 4k damage. Those mediums will clean me up after my tomatoes died. I just played 5 games and according my addons I did so with a 4k WN8 rating and I still get owned by those mediums and lose the battle. I give up man... I don't see a way to counterplay that in those tanks. My conclusion: they are simply much better tanks. Even when I play godlike and better than most players, I cannot beat those tanks with my tanks. I'm starting to feel that there is a balance problem.

 

Update:

I just noticed that the 430U also has a tiny spot on the turret that will void your bullet regardless of pen. Anyway, I might have found another solution. Soon I'll get my JagdPzr E100 and I'm gonna load it with gold ammo because I just noticed that this is actually the only non-DERP tank in the game that has a 50-95% chance of penning those medium turrets. And with that alpha, it's worth trying to pen it just for the sake of vengeance. But god a 420 pen TD required to pen a medium.

 

Firstly Obj 430U is way OP but you are in an OP tank too. 

 

Secondly did you not look at the team line ups before the game started and try to establish where people would go? No I would say, because that's your opportunity. 

 

Secondly if you're being farmed then something is wrong and its not the tank or everyone else. 



Dex022 #19 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38389 battles
  • 1,622
  • [ASOS-] ASOS-
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostNoo_Noo, on 17 February 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

 

Firstly Obj 430U is way OP but you are in an OP tank too. 

 

Secondly did you not look at the team line ups before the game started and try to establish where people would go? No I would say, because that's your opportunity. 

 

Secondly if you're being farmed then something is wrong and its not the tank or everyone else. 

 

1.So JT is now OP tank? Smoking some good *hit?

 

2.He looks team line up in JT and what? Where he can go(slowly) in JT? 2-3 spots on any map or less cause sniping is long dead in corridor world. Managed to get hull down? Yeah,430U or any med goes for 2 key and then?

 

3.This BS is not worth commenting in 430U vs JT engagement.



Noo_Noo #20 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostDex022, on 17 February 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

 

1.So JT is now OP tank? Smoking some good *hit?

 

2.He looks team line up in JT and what? Where he can go(slowly) in JT? 2-3 spots on any map or less cause sniping is long dead in corridor world. Managed to get hull down? Yeah,430U or any med goes for 2 key and then?

 

3.This BS is not worth commenting in 430U vs JT engagement.

 

Sorry didn't read that I thought he was still in the VK 100. 

 

i still maintain that if you're being farmed you're doing it wrong somewhere. Good players seem to manage so they're doing something right and the rest of us aren't.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users