New/Returning Gamemodes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mantazzo #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6177 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

Well, since my last topic flopped completely and I will admit the idea was kinda meh at best (P.S. Don't worry, I'll "uninstall WoT" soon™;)), I just decided to change topics a bit.
I'm thinking that after 1.0 release we will probably be getting new/returning maps, of course, but what about new/returning game modes?

Sure, We will probably get the Football mode for the summer, but what about other modes?
Historic Battles... Never played them when they happened (way more focus on studying rather than on gaming at the time), only heard that it was seriously unbalanced then...
Capture the flag (or however the first iteration was called when it released; you know, that game mode for Tier 8+ (IIRC) where you had to capture flags and you played on a specific map) was a pretty fun one when it was released, however (and now please correct me here) later it became Rampage mode (and for Tier X only) and it was crap. Right?
The Races in Chaffees were a great fun too, would like something like that to come back in the future, personally.

Also I was thinking about a very rough idea - a "Free For All" gamemode... Something a bit different from your standard team battles (although team battles are mostly FFA with teams anyway). Basically, it could be like a new BIG map (like 1.5x1.5, if possible) and 20 tanks could fight to see which one is the best. Give it, like, 20 minutes and respawns*, the guy who reaches 10 kills first wins. If no one manages to reach it in time, guy with most kills wins; if 2 or more guys have the same amount of kills in the end then the guy with most damage done wins. Or something like that. Like I said, it's a very rough idea. (Oh and of course, there wouldn't be any arty.)

Any other gamemodes you'd like to see come back? Or maybe you have your own idea for a gamemode?

Just trying to have a sensible discussion here.

*(And maybe also resupply points...)

Edited by mantazzo, 13 February 2018 - 12:59 AM.

Tinbawx #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14707 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

Imo standard, ecounter and assault are perfect as permanent game modes. New additions to that are hard to justify as everything they added after that flopped (withholding my judgement for Grand Battles as I haven´t played that yet).

That doesn´t mean I´m strictly against new game modes, but these should be done as events not as permanent additions.

Homer_J #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

A new fun mode would be good but not football, they did that twice and it wasn't much fun after a few games.

Racing was good but since then they changed the physics and getting to the end of the track could be difficult now.  Maybe some kind of demolition derby instead?

Permanent game modes have all been a failure, including assault/encounter.  The playerbase just isn't able to cope with different rules.

TJ72 #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14695 battles
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
7v7 random battles with +/-1 matchmaking would be fun and would probably become very popular imo.

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21299 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
I miss the old Team Battle 5+2 format, and historical battles as well.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62747 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I'm sure stuff like Chaffee races or alike will return again. Just not as a permanent mode. Console has a mode we don't have tho. It's basically standard battles. But they have removed the bases. No need to stay and defend cap. It's basically team elimination win only. It's the only game mode where a lemming train is not the worst idea. But can be if you get boxed in. It's a mode that's super aggressive as the teams usually push a point as one vs spreading out to all flanks on most maps. Has yielded some interesting and fun battles, but can give you equally stupid games to. As some still defend "spawn". 

Aikl #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

(...)

Permanent game modes have all been a failure, including assault/encounter.  The playerbase just isn't able to cope with different rules.

Sadly. No idea why these people keep the modes on - yet I can't turn off standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users