52 replies to this topic

AppleMars #41 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10882 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View Postibrox3, on 13 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Erlenberg

"You can fully focus on battling with enemies in close-range urban duels now, without fear of getting a few shells from enemies positioned in the hills"

That is pretty much the meta for every map summed up right there -because every hill is getting flattened to make sure heavy brawling is uninterrupted and the winners will just roll over everything else.

"Erlenberg had a sad tendency to turn into battles of patience"  - what is this "sad"

The battles last 15 minutes MAX

I cannot remember a draw on Erlenberg and I must have played it a 1000 times !

Is this all about getting 3.5 minutes a battle so the players do not have to turn away from facebook or instagram for too long ?

Man Up WG ! There is nothing wrong with having to out think or out manoeuvre the opponent !

This is an excuse for more heavy brawls - leading to more armour , more gold spamming, more credits lost and more premium accounts and tanks bought to make WG more money...... so transparent.

This is exactly why I love to play Erlenberg. You are typically playing more than 10 minutes and must use brain to do something.

I hate the current 3 and half minutes meta gameplay. With new changes WG wants that every stupid game finishes in 4 minutes. So, sad... The new Erlenberg and Steppes maps are disgusting! 

Edited by AppleMars, 14 February 2018 - 05:27 PM.

Macbang #42 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23952 battles
  • [SWEFH] SWEFH
Erlenberg fix. Finally. hate all hill campers, and time for battle in town

mihcaosteel #43 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8848 battles
  • [L-T-D] L-T-D

Why can't we have an option to "turn off" HD maps? Be cause some PCs will not be able to take it

(for example mine :/)

Smegger213 #44 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12632 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

Can we please just delete Kharkov altogether. That map has to be the worse map in the game by far, followed closely by Stalingrad.

Both maps are boring as hell city maps with the usual corridors that Wargaming love, but most of the player base hate.

They only favour heavy tanks and well armoured mediums. You even say that yourself Wargaming in this article.

Paketeman #45 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36694 battles
  • [NLIFE] NLIFE

View PostSmegger213, on 14 February 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Can we please just delete Kharkov altogether. That map has to be the worse map in the game by far, followed closely by Stalingrad.

Both maps are boring as hell city maps with the usual corridors that Wargaming love, but most of the player base hate.

They only favour heavy tanks and well armoured mediums. You even say that yourself Wargaming in this article.

the problem is not the map....are the ones playing like they have to do all damage every match,and no eat shot to change position or win a positional ventage.Only peekers waiting enemy shoted to peek and shot.No mather hwat changes you make on things becouse the problem of this game is the egoist mentality of this retard pseudogamers of this days.

Steve8066 #46 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7657 battles
the water on Steppes is a really demented idea, which bright spark thought that was worth including?

ibrox3 #47 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55790 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

View PostEtison_Kancelarac, on 14 February 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

yeah, more trees, bushes and holes on redline and around cap circle so that a light must die if he tries to spot campers.

Great job as always...

You might see a few bushes here and there - but as someone who has played over 32,000 TD games - of the maps and sides I have been I know they have deliberately targeted all the best TD spots and nerfed them.

Its as if someone has followed me around.

The uninitiated may see a bush or a tree still there - what they don't see is that a rock has been placed in the line of fire making it useless. A bush in the middle of nowhere is a camping spot that gets used once because as soon as you fire from it there is now...

(I have played this game from near the start when Unspotted TD's were unspotted - thats why we trained crews in camo and bought camo nets and had good camo tanks with Zero Armour - ) ....

... a massive arrow pointing straight at you - even though you were not spotted - so it makes it damned obvious where you were shooting from.

A useless camping spot behind the base on the red line is still useless. No armour TD's need cover , the game balance is that usually they have no armour , no turret , little manoeuvrability and get wrecked by everyone else and are helpless when spotted.

Example - TD's could cover the bridge on Mountain Pass from the North side ramp - but would die when spotted from the middle say. Now you cannot see the bridge - so when teams send no-one to defend it as often happens a light will come over spot the arty and TD's from underneath the ramp and they will be dead before they know it.

Of course the alternative is to use a heavy tank and sit behind a rock at the end of the bridge - but of course that is what WG wants ....

View PostSmegger213, on 14 February 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Its bad  - but PARIS is the most detested map

I typed that and then got to play....... PARIS ......there is a god ..?...

Edited by NickMustaine, 19 February 2018 - 12:27 PM.

Tha_Truth #48 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 56079 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostTijgernootTank, on 14 February 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Map time .....

I would rather see this time and effort put in to making new maps .

Im not so sure if these maps are the ones that needed changes the most to bring more balance \ improve gameplay .

I know they are working on 2 new maps , but i feel that is too little too late .

For me adding new tanks \ lines in tech tree , it is a way to add content to the game , but for me it does not much to keep the game fresh anymore , regularly adding new maps would .

So when i see an article that starts with map time , i feel a lot more could be done .

-- actually release new maps

--  have map vote system in game or otherwise gather info and put the least favorite maps temporary out of map cycle , to make room for new maps , or at some point completely remove those maps from the game to make room for new maps .

--  if its map time , then its time for a map contest , where the best maps that have been designed in some form by the community

will be implemented  \ worked on by the mapping department of WG wot .

--  release some kind of map editor

yeah!  a map editor with a voting system for added maps. the highest every 5 months get added, or something like that?    

NoPoet406 #49 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2018 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Does anyone else not care about the little details of map changes etc because we are too impatient to know when these maps are finally coming? Is it next month?

EDIT: I agree Erlenberg was just a mess, although from their description, I'm not sure WG understood what was wrong with it. I only ever saw this map in assault missions where it was borderline impossible for the attacking team to win. Everyone just camped in the woods in the top right corner waiting for some idiot to cross the vast, empty fields to capture the base. I've always thought assault mode sucks, it just completely and utterly sucks because it favours the defending team every time and guess which team I was always assigned to. Erlenberg is the perfection of this - too many advantages to the defender, too much risk for the attackers. It was the ultimate camping map. Nobody ever tried to complete the mission.

Edited by NoPoet406, 15 February 2018 - 02:17 PM.

STATUS7 #50 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12944 battles
  • [D_B_C] D_B_C

Woah, very nice maps rework. Especially Erlenberg needed it, cause every game was 12+ minutes long.

Also give us night-time maps option maybe.

guest273 #51 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

View Postlegendkiller16, on 14 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

The water isnt affecting any gameplay

Tanks move slower in water.

Do ~2-3 test runs on Mines in the water + sand vs just sand.

Expandeux #52 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26606 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

Why in the bloody hell are you so incompetent WG?

Try to use your brain monkeys.

Tanks don't go in swamps, water. Tanks avoid going in cities (but they do fight there, although it is very very risky).

The maps are either city heavy or a lot of terrain which is barely usable by tanks.

I often end up with my  turret less TD or light tank in city maps and I am at 25% efficiency due to fail map design.

Start making symmetrical maps, most of them open with little villages , or cities to the side.

Remove arty, remove Gold ammunition, fix the MM  stop inventing and lying that we want something when we don't.

Boegegren #53 Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1089 battles

View Postmihcaosteel, on 14 February 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Why can't we have an option to "turn off" HD maps? Be cause some PCs will not be able to take it

(for example mine :/)

Just turn down all the graphics options and you are basically on a HD map with SD graphics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users