Your opinion on campaign missions?

Campaign Mission SPG Arty

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Please let me know your opinions! (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should all mission classes (F.E SPG and TD) be reworked so the difficulty doesn't differ so much?

1. Yes (14 votes [51.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

2. No (13 votes [48.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

Should SPG missions specifically be reworked to be made more realistic in terms of achievability?

1. Yes (15 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. No (12 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Do you prefer the old campaign with the possibility of leaving 1 mission class, do the rest and still get a tank? Or do you prefer the new campaign?

1. The old campaign (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

2. The new campaign (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

Vote Hide poll

Fauxcus #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20422 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hello, fellow tankers! Campaign is a great way to get some consumables, credits or free experience, but they are not always easy. 

Please note that I have only unlocked the Stug IV and T28 HTC so far. Advice is always welcome!

The way I feel about it is as follows:

- SPG missions are way harder to complete than it used to be before the ''big'' artillery nerf. Take for example SPG-15 War Gods, T-55A Series. 
Ending on the #1 spot in experience has become slightly harder after the artillery update. Simply because you will do less damage with the same shell you would do back in the days. Of course there is stun damage now, but if nobody on your team shoots your stunned targets, you gain no xp at all. And that brings me to the next requirement of SPG-15 War Gods.

Doing 2500 assistance damage is certainly manageable in an SPG with the introduction of stun damage, I have no problem at all with this requirement, you just need to right team in the right locations so they can shoot the enemies you stunned.

Moving to the secondary requirements, it says ''Cause 3000 damage''.. Okay woah, that seems a little extreme . 3000 damage in a tier 8 SPG used to be a common thing back in the days, I have never managed to do more than 2500 now we only have HE shells, the damage output is just a lot lower.
Now managing the primary requirements seems possible to me with a lot of luck. The secondary requirements seem very unrealistic for most SPG's and thus making them insanely hard completing them with honours for your progress.

- I feel like other classes of missions are way easier compared to other classes. For example, tankdestroyer missions are easier than SPG or Heavy tank missions.

Doing 6000 or 8000 damage for your TD-15 is no problem if you have a tier 10 tankdestroyer, whip out your Jgpz E100, FV4005, FV215 183, or any big gun TD, give it 6 to 10 shots and you completed your mission.

I experience the heavy tank missions harder than TD missions as well, receiving, dealing and blocking 12.000 damage is not easy with today's tier 8 premium tankdestroyers, tier 10 tankdestroyers and of course the never-ending suffering of gold spam.

In general, this is my opinion about all mission classes:

Light tanks: Impossible, not because they are impossible, I'm sure there are players who can manage 8k spotting, but I certainly can't. 
Personally, I liked the old campaign system a lot more because you had the choice whether or not you wanted to leave 1 class, and complete the other 4 and were still able to get the reward tank. Players like me who just completely suck [edited]at a specific class are just doomed. And inb4 people incoming ''bUt yoU cAn uSE OrdErs'' You're right, I could, if I were able to complete SPG-15 and HT-15 WITH HONOURS.
Light tanks I have: M41 Bulldog, Type 64, T71 DA, MT-25

Medium tanks: Fairly manageable, they are pretty standard gameplay missions that anybody could achieve with the right tank, dealing 2500 or 3500 damage to tankdestroyers is not that hard when you're in a B-C 25T or TVP T50/51 for example. 
Medium tanks I use: AMX CDC, B-C 25, Skoda T50, T26E4, Comet, T-34-85M, T-34-85, VK 30.01 P, Cromwell

Heavy tanks: Neutral,  The missions leading up to HT-15 are manageable, HT-15 is more tricky, it really depends on what heavy tank you are playing, how many crazy tankdestroyers, SPG's and gold spam comes from the enemy.
Heavies I own: Type 4 Heavy, Löwe, Tiger P, KV-2, IS-7, Obj 257, KV-4, IS, T26E5, ARL 44, Emil II

Tankdestroyers: Manageable , In my opinion, this is the easiest of them all, all you need is a big gun, camo net, and half a brain up your bum. 
Tankdestroyers that I use: Jgpz E100, T110E4, Strv S1, Skorpion G, IKV 90b, T28 HTC, Obj 704, E25, ARL V39, 

SPG: Neutral, The same as with HT, the missions leading up towards SPG-15 are fairly manageable (with some good RNG of course). It's just the SPG-15 missions that are a pain. Ending in the #1 spot for exp gained is a big challenge if you ask me. Dealing 2500-3500 assistance damage is not really a problem.
The big problem is dealing those high amounts of damage, which are just so hard to do nowadays when we only have HE shells. 
Please note: I have tried T-55A SPG 15 with G.W Tiger, G.W Tiger P, S-51, M12, Lorr 155 50, and none of them seem to do the job.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember that this is a serious thread and I'm just asking for your opinions and maybe your advice for players like me!

DA_ZOHAN #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53077 battles

The only 2 mission 15's that are now much more difficult are SPG15/T55+260.

The pre-nerf SPG's could readily deal the 5-8k damage you needed to be top on team in damage, and if you were wiley enough, you could deal unspotted damage and not share your XP for said damage with the player who did the spotting (which is the justified drain on SPG XP), thus obtaining the necessary XP to be top on team and complete the mission.  Also, I would be willing to wager that most completed these missions in a T8 SPG while bottom tier, dealing said damage to tier 9 and tier 10 tanks, which pay more XP.

Now, SPG's have shifted from damage dealers to assisted damage dealers, or rather stun dealers.  So in my opinion, having the damage requirement is a mistake.

An SPG that has 5-6k assisted damage (totally achievable)will many times be at least 2nd in team, and if some wiley unspotted shots also are achieved (shooting known LT passive spotting bushes/td camping bushes are the wiley shots), then top in XP is achieved.

The rest of the classes have only received massive buffs with reusable consumables, and LT mission 15's have been changed to include both assistance damage and damage dealt.  

My only problem with the Personal Missions is the class specific missions.  As in, kill 2 MT/TD/HT.  

Hopefully they address the issues in the next set.  Looking forward to it.

thiextar #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15349 battles

You can skip one mission class in the new system, just complete the other final missions owith honors and you get 4 orders which can be used to skip for example the arty missions altogether.

Currently on the last few missions for the t55a, light tank missions are completely fine for me, heavy missions are my biggest weakness since i barely play heavys.

Some missions needs changing, especially ones where you have to do a ton of dmg/kills to a specific class, or cap with heavy etc. Otherwise i think its fine.

Also, make sure to complete all the missions for all classes with honors on the easy campaigns, as you will get a load of extra orders for doing so.

TheR3dBaron #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33457 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

Light tanks have always been the easiest missions, for me at least. It's the only one I have completed for the Object 260. I haven't been trying much lately sine I'm grinding scouts, but in theory, MT-15, TD-15 and HT-15 should have become easier since grand battles. As far as SPG's are concerned, I'm not on mission 15 yet and yes, some missions have become more difficult, but I haven't played any arty recently.

To achieve the missions, you need the right tool for the job, meaning you sometimes you have to grind a tank, just to be able to complete a certain mission. I completed LT-15 in the AMX 13 90, but the ELC EVEN 90 seems a good choice as well. You will however encounter less hp with this tank. The T-100 LT is probably the ultimate choice for a pure spotting mission. Detracking missions can also be annoying, but for that you can use a T49 or a Ru 251. More important than the right tool with scouts, is the right crew. You really need a full camo crew and sixth sense, ideally with BIA, all view range skills and some food to top it off.

For the heavies I decided to grind the VK45.02B, which I used to bounce 3 time the HP I think. I used a Hellcat to shoot x times the hp and managed it in a Charioteer as well I think. I've used a Cromwell for fire missions. I've often used the FV304 and M44 for missions before the arty changes.

I'm not the greatest player in WoT, so I need to get the right tanks for the job at hand. WG is dangling a carrot in front of us in the form of reward tanks and we have to grind tanks and buy garage slots for them to get the rewards.

Homer_J #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Arty missions are the easiest of the lot, why would you want them to be easier?

And you can skip them exactly as you used to so your last question makes no sense at all.

You're right, I could, if I were able to complete SPG-15 and HT-15 WITH HONOURS.

Which is exactly how it used to be except now you can complete all 5 StuG missions with honours and use those 5 orders for the T28, T55, or Obj missions.

Edited by Homer_J, 13 February 2018 - 05:43 PM.

Tankyouverymuch2 #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28418 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Having trouble with arty missions eh?...

The answer to life, the universe, and everything: T92 HMC :trollface:

I've got 59/60 artillery missions completed with honors... used only american SPGs, M53/M55 for most, T92 HMC for the stun and damage missions, and recently I've completed SPG-15 for the Obj. 260, but lost the match after running outta ammo, so no honors for me. I did like 6,4k damage and 4k stun assist, Grand Battle map Nebelburg. :B

Archaean #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14948 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 13 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

The answer to life, the universe, and everything: T92 HMC :trollface:

that pretty much sums it up. Arty missions are ridiculously easy. Within 1k arty games I've done all four mission sets for arty.

Baldrickk #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29023 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Arty missions are the easiest of the lot, why would you want them to be easier?

And you can skip them exactly as you used to so your last question makes no sense at all.

You're right, I could, if I were able to complete SPG-15 and HT-15 WITH HONOURS.

Which is exactly how it used to be except now you can complete all 5 StuG missions with honours and use those 5 orders for the T28, T55, or Obj missions.

Yep. If it wasn't for the 4 order cost (and that now orders exist, I want to use them for the hardest missions) I would.

Under the old system I'd be going for HT and TD-15 with honours, but actually going SPG-15 is by far the most effective way of completing the T55a mission set.

This means I need to play arty.  I don't like playing arty. 

I don't like playing against arty and I know of many others who share that opinion. 

Hurray, we all get to suffer. 

The biggest kick in the teeth is that I have done enough to satisfy the pre arty change requirements a number of times now.

Jam_in_a_Tank #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14885 battles
who cares about spgs as long as we can skip that class of wheel-gun-cars , i vote to remove them completely:popcorn: 

Also tagged with Campaign, Mission, SPG, Arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users