Cassowarie #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles

Hi folks,

After some long consideration, I'm thinking of making the following trade-ins:

IS-6 -> Lowe

FCM50T -> Ravioli

I bought the FCM solely for credit earning, but it really doesn't seem to be in a good place at the moment. I have the Churchill 3 for crew training my Russian heavies, and was thinking of starting the German heavy grind at some point so the Lowe would be useful for this.

Thoughts? Am I making a horrid decision? Is there any major likelihood that the IS6/FCM are going to be buffed in the near future, causing me to regret this decision (my googling and spending some time on here makes me think that most people think WG has full on abandoned the FCM).

Homer_J #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCassowarie, on 13 February 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Is there any major likelihood that the IS6/FCM are going to be buffed in the near future, 

There have been rumblings of an IS-6 buff for a while and considering the FCM has just been removed from the in game store it a buff is probably imminent.

Strappster #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25659 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCassowarie, on 13 February 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Is there any major likelihood that the IS6/FCM are going to be buffed in the near future, causing me to regret this decision (my googling and spending some time on here makes me think that most people think WG has full on abandoned the FCM).

There's been talk of the IS-6 and KV-5 being the next premiums to be buffed but that's it as far as news which I've seen goes, I haven't seen any details of what's under consideration. Although I note that the tier 7 Chinese TD gets a 122mm gun with 192mm standard pen for its 390 alpha ...

The FCM was removed from sale in the last patch with nothing said about a buff. That's also what happened to the 112 and that came back with a fairly healthy buff but it was at least a year later, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen to the FCM anytime soon, particularly as a replacement has already been put in the tree so any buff to the FCM might take sales from that.

Personally I'd rather hold on to them and hope for something to change but I have plenty of premiums to choose from when I need to grind credits or train crews.

ArmouredElephant #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36184 battles

View PostCassowarie, on 13 February 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hi folks,

After some long consideration, I'm thinking of making the following trade-ins:

IS-6 -> Lowe

FCM50T -> Ravioli

I bought the FCM solely for credit earning, but it really doesn't seem to be in a good place at the moment. I have the Churchill 3 for crew training my Russian heavies, and was thinking of starting the German heavy grind at some point so the Lowe would be useful for this.

Thoughts? Am I making a horrid decision? Is there any major likelihood that the IS6/FCM are going to be buffed in the near future, causing me to regret this decision (my googling and spending some time on here makes me think that most people think WG has full on abandoned the FCM).

looks good, traded my FCM for m4 Rev a year ago or whenever they had the first one; the Lowe has better pen, decent armor, it's just not fast (even with the new engine)

Archaean #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15716 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostCassowarie, on 13 February 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

IS-6 -> Lowe

Absolutely no! The IS-6 is getting better and better with every patch that introduced over powered T10 tanks. True it's not as good as it was before, but it's still a viable tank. Just remember: If you have heavies on the enemy team that you can't pen, go to the med side.

View PostCassowarie, on 13 February 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

FCM50T -> Ravioli

You might want to rethink it, because FCM50T is a rarity now.

JocMeister #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23935 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

FCM is the only tank I got rid of. Havnt regretted if for a second as I absolutely hated that gun.

IS6 I would never sell. Being a Russian tank it WILL get buffed. Probably to OPed levels to boost sales. I bet they will just drop it to tier 7 and reduce some HP and call it done.

DaddysLittlePrincess #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25887 battles

I'd never trade-in a tank that is not available in in-game store, because WG can buff it and try to sell it for real cash. Remember 112? It was the shittiest tank ever, WG pulled it from in-game shop, gave it OP armor and was selling it in premium store. Then when it get completely powercreeped, they put it in in-game store again.

In the meantime, I'm selling my FCM for credits so I can always rebuy it if WG decides to go full retard with it.

Somnorila #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56007 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

Hope you are aware that you will sell those tanks at half their price and the rest you have to add from your own gold balance. It's not a 1 on 1 trade.

I would keep them both and get the other two separately, now or wait for some promotion.

I don't like the trade in system at all. But it did use it once to sell my Pilot as i didn't really like it and i already have SP for training and such.

I wanted to get the StrvS1 but didn't wanted to pay full price so i had to chose between Pilot or T-34-3 as my T8 premiums that like the least. 

Concluded that Pilot has absolutely no place in my garage as i will probably play the least.

Edited by Somnorila, 14 February 2018 - 01:16 PM.

Cassowarie #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles

View PostArchaean, on 14 February 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Absolutely no! The IS-6 is getting better and better with every patch that introduced over powered T10 tanks. True it's not as good as it was before, but it's still a viable tank. Just remember: If you have heavies on the enemy team that you can't pen, go to the med side.

Sorry, I don't follow this, could you explain please? I thought part of the issue with the IS6 was it was subpar against T10 tanks. I'll bear in mind your advice about moving around more with it. 

View PostSomnorila, on 14 February 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hope you are aware that you will sell those tanks at half their price and the rest you have to add from your own gold balance. It's not a 1 on 1 trade.

I would keep them both and get the other two separately, now or wait for some promotion.

I don't like the trade in system at all. But it did use it once to sell my Pilot as i didn't really like it and i already have SP for training and such.

I wanted to get the StrvS1 but didn't wanted to pay full price so i had to chose between Pilot or T-34-3 as my T8 premiums that like the least. 

Concluded that Pilot has absolutely no place in my garage as i will probably play the least.

Yeah I knew that. I have a fair amount of gold from the christmas boxes. A lot of people seem to suggest keeping both as they may recieve buffs. I could just wait to see if the in-game gold price gets reduced at some point. Is that something that happens or is it only the web-store that gets offers?

Archaean #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15716 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostCassowarie, on 14 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sorry, I don't follow this, could you explain please? I thought part of the issue with the IS6 was it was subpar against T10 tanks. I'll bear in mind your advice about moving around more with it. 

It has special match making. It never meats T10 unless you actually platoon with someone that queues with a normal tank. The Issue with the IS-6 currently is that it can't properly face against:

• Obj 257
  • Object 252u Defender
  • Mäuschen
  • VK100.01 P
  • O-Ho
  • Type 4 Heavy

But another reminder. The IS-6 is not your typical heavy. It's got fine armor which is not really reliable. It's got fairly decent mobility for a heavy armored as the IS-6 but it fights better against weaker tanks. Fighting against t9 tanks in general, you will see yourself in a disadvantage.

But nevertheless, it's still an ok tank as of now and worth keeping it. 

Cassowarie #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles

View PostArchaean, on 14 February 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

It has special match making. It never meats T10 unless you actually platoon with someone that queues with a normal tank. The Issue with the IS-6 currently is that it can't properly face against:

• Obj 257
  • Object 252u Defender
  • Mäuschen
  • VK100.01 P
  • O-Ho
  • Type 4 Heavy

But another reminder. The IS-6 is not your typical heavy. It's got fine armor which is not really reliable. It's got fairly decent mobility for a heavy armored as the IS-6 but it fights better against weaker tanks. Fighting against t9 tanks in general, you will see yourself in a disadvantage.

But nevertheless, it's still an ok tank as of now and worth keeping it. 

That's interesting, I actually prefer mediums so maybe ill try play it more like that. I didn't realize it had pref MM though. The wiki seems to imply that it can see T10 games.

Long_Range_Sniper #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 33500 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Your trade in ideas aren't bad at all. But I'd suggest you look at your garage and crews.

Russian heavy for German heavy, and French heavy for French medium.

Are you going up those lines? Now that the French heavy line has been expanded, you have quite a few different options for crews from those lines to make use of a premium tank. But I'd not advise trading in for the Lowe unless you're already going up that line, same for the Ravioli, even though they're both good tanks.

One of the challenges players with relatively few games have is that they often don't have good enough crews to compete at tier 8 which is a tough tier now anyway. 

Also tagged with Advice, Tanks, Trade-In

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users